Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Retired

After the Snyder Cut is aired, I'd like an animated series to complete the story, with all the actors voicing their characters--including Cavill and Affleck. That seems like something that could be done without a lot of worries.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I see the Flashpoint movie being a soft reboot where WW and Aquaman stay the same and Batman and Superman magically look different (and younger). And I see WB using that as a threat to keep Cavill on board with cameos instead of asking for a full on film. I don't see anyone else coming back either. Adams doesn't need it. Neither does Fishburn. I don't think anyone wants Eisenberg's Luthor back.
    Assassinate Putin!

The original announcement got debunked more or less immediately didn’t it. It always sounded like wishful thinking on Cavill’s part. Honestly, the best thing they could do is move on. I liked him, but that ship has sailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Cavill isn't at fault, he's a great actor. We got a tiny idea of what he'd be like as a good Superman in Justice League, they went too far into the Christopher Reeve depiction but with tweaking he'll make a good Superman.
    “Great” is pushing it. His best received recent roles so far, Walker in MI and Geralt in TW, both don’t require much in the way of emotional range from him. I did like the attempt by Whedon to let Cavill play a Superman that actually feels like Superman, but who knows if Cavill even has it in him to pull it off over a 2 hour long movie?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    The original announcement got debunked more or less immediately didn’t it. It always sounded like wishful thinking on Cavill’s part. Honestly, the best thing they could do is move on. I liked him, but that ship has sailed.
    The very first announcement we got that Cavill was out said the next Superman reboot would probably come by 2023, and I still think that’s a good date to look for. However I still think the talks revealed by the trades did indeed take place, but neither side seems to have changed their stance so nothing is happening it looks like. If the Fandome comes and goes with no announcement about Cavill I think we can safely write him off.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I guess Grace Randolph was totally right.

https://twitter.com/gracerandolph/st...599873?lang=en

On May 8th

"BTW I can’t make a video about #HenryCavill coming back as Superman because I hear...

#WB was willing to re-consider

Cavill still wants more money than they will pay him

so still no Henry Cavill Superman"
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Have Cavill show up in the "canon" movies whenever they want Superman to gueststar in someone else's movie. Basically fill the rumored role that Keaton is getting for Batman, but with Superman.
    Reboot the solo movies with a new actor with better foundation, basically like what Patterson is getting for Batman, but with Superman.

Or even better, use Flashpoint to bring Routh back again.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Have Cavill show up in the "canon" movies whenever they want Superman to gueststar in someone else's movie. Basically fill the rumored role that Keaton is getting for Batman, but with Superman.
    Reboot the solo movies with a new actor with better foundation, basically like what Patterson is getting for Batman, but with Superman.

Or even better, use Flashpoint to bring Routh back again.
    Give Routh an HBO Max series. Personally I’d do All-Star Superman but Kingdom Come could be ok too.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I guess Grace Randolph was totally right.

https://twitter.com/gracerandolph/st...599873?lang=en

On May 8th

"BTW I can’t make a video about #HenryCavill coming back as Superman because I hear...

#WB was willing to re-consider

Cavill still wants more money than they will pay him

so still no Henry Cavill Superman"
    Eh I don’t think Grace is too reliable. Do I think WB views Cavill’s demands as too excessive given the shaky reception to his take? Yes. I don’t know if it’s “just” about money though. WB clearly is also skeptical of the Superman brand as a whole, and doesn’t seem to believe that a solo movie could work.

Astonishing Member

Can't really say I care one way or another. The Snyder version of the character is funny to me because the criticism surrounding the character is so over the top I can't help but defend it but on the other hand it's not really in line with the way I view the character.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Amazing Member

The next 4 Superman movies need to have a different person playing him in each movie and they need to retell his origin differently each time.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Eh I don’t think Grace is too reliable. Do I think WB views Cavill’s demands as too excessive given the shaky reception to his take? Yes. I don’t know if it’s “just” about money though. WB clearly is also skeptical of the Superman brand as a whole, and doesn’t seem to believe that a solo movie could work.
    Grace also doesn't like Cavill apparently, so there may be some bias in her "scoops."

I would like Cavill and Jessica Chastin to star in a big budget nerd film and watch Grace go ballistic

Quote Originally Posted by NaCl View Post
    The next 4 Superman movies need to have a different person playing him in each movie and they need to retell his origin differently each time.
    I know that is a joke and a condemnation, but this would make me so darn excited I would squee like no fanboy has done before. Seriously, I now want this so much.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NaCl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I know that is a joke and a condemnation, but this would make me so darn excited I would squee like no fanboy has done before. Seriously, I now want this so much.
    If I got a good Morrison Action Comics-style t-shirt and jeans Superman film out of this, I'd call it a win and sign up.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    If I got a good Morrison Action Comics-style t-shirt and jeans Superman film out of this, I'd call it a win and sign up.
    This. If it was something like
    Morrison T-shirt and jeans
    Kenan Kong New Super-Man
    Calvin Ellis or Val-Zod
    Gods and Monsters Lor-Zod
    Then I could actually roll with that. Sure would get me more excited than Cavill returning that’s for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I want Man and Superman, Birthright, and American Alien out of it myself, so new 52 could round it out nicely.