Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default All Our Universes

Episode 1: "Question The Vixen and The Wonder Woman"

Diana Prince was making a TikTok dance video inside her house on a sunny, humid Saturday morning when she suddenly heard a little girl scream from outside.

Diana: “This sounds like a job for Wonder Woman!”

She took off her glasses, whirled around rapidly, turned into Wonder Woman and immediately crashed through a wall because she was dizzy.

5 minutes later, after she woke up, Wonder Woman ran outside to try and find out why the little girl had screamed. Upon arriving on the scene, she saw
    Vixen, a.k.a. Marilyn McCabe.

Wonder Woman: “Vixen!”

Vixen: “Hey, Wonder Woman.”

Wonder Woman: “Hey. I’m surprised you’re in these neck of the woods”

Vixen: “I heard a cat meowing.”

Wonder Woman: “And I heard a girl screaming. Perhaps the girl was screaming because the cat was meowing…which would be a weird reason to scream. Since you’re here, we should team up and work together.”

Vixen: (pointing upward) “Look!”

Wonder Woman followed Vixen’s finger and saw a little girl crouched up in a tree. Down below, there was a cat staring up at the girl.

Vixen: “I’m guessing the girl was screaming because she’s the one stuck in the tree!”

Wonder Woman: “And perhaps the cat was meowing because it feared for the girl’s safety!”

The Question: “That’s what the little girl wants you to think.”

Vixen and Wonder Woman turned around to see The Question staring at them through his faceless mask.

Vixen: “What do you mean?”

The Question: That’s not a little girl. That’s a shapeshifter.”

Wonder Woman: “Get out!”

The Question: “No, I’m serious.”

Wonder Woman: “So am I! Get out of here! This is a team-up between Vixen and myself. Three’s a crowd!”

The Question: “I can’t leave until I dig through the shapeshifter’s garbage. I smell a conspiracy!”

Vixen: “I smell hot dogs two blocks away.”

Wonder Woman: “With relish?”

Vixen: “No, I do not enjoy smelling overheated beagles two blocks away.”

Wonder Woman was about to say something else but thought better of it. Then both she and Vixen ran over to watch The Question poking through garbage.

Wonder Woman: “Victor, how do you know the little girl in the tree is a shapeshifter?”

The Question: “Because I saw her change from an elderly man into a little girl before she climbed that tree.”

Vixen: “Right, right, but where does the cat fit into all of this? Know what? Hold on a minute.”

Vixen ran over to the cat and began meowing. The cat looked up at her, listened intently and then began meowing in reply.

Wonder Woman: “No way.”

The Question: “Way. Not too many people are aware that not only can Vixen mimic the abilities of animals, but she can communicate with them as well. She’s an Animal Whisperer.”

Wonder Woman: “I know what her powers are, thank you very much. It’s just weird to see her actually do it. I’m still trying to figure out what your powers are. Let me guess: the power to dig through trash?”

The Question: “Whatever. You’d be amazed how much information I can find out about someone by what they toss out.”

Vixen returned, and The Question and Wonder Woman looked at her.

Wonder Woman: “So what did the cat say?”

Vixen: “He said, and I quote, “Meow, meow, meow, meow…meow meow. Meow?”

The Question: “True, true…”

Wonder Woman: “Translation?”

Vixen: “The cat basically confirmed what The Question told us about the shapeshifter. And then he asked me to pet him.”

Wonder Woman: “The Question asked you to pet him?”

Vixen: “No, the cat asked me to pet him.”

Wonder Woman: “The cat asked you to pet The Question?”

Vixen nearly ripped her own hair out. “No, the cat wanted to be petted by me.”

Wonder Woman: “So did you?”

Vixen: “What difference does that make?”

The Question: “Right? Talk about nosey.”

Wonder Woman: “Ok, listen you…”

The shapeshifter suddenly jumped out of the tree and landed in front of the trio.

Shapeshifter: “Hey.”

Vixen: “Hey.”

Wonder Woman: “What up, yo.”

The Question tipped his hat and said “Good evening.”

Shapeshifter: “It’s morning.”

The Question: “It’s evening somewhere in the world.”

Shapeshifter: “I mean, I guess…”

Wonder Woman: “Let me ask you a question, shapeshifter-“

The Question: “Whoa whoa whoa, hold up, Wondy, I ask the questions around here, for I am…The Question!” He twirled his trench coat around him and dramatically posed while staring off into the distance. Vixen, Wonder Woman, the shapeshifter and the cat stared off in the same direction to see what The Question was staring at, but they didn’t see anything.

The Question: “So like I was saying, I ask the questions around here. Let me ask you a question, shapeshifter. Why did you scream?”

Shapeshifter: “I don’t want to tell you.”

Vixen: “Please?”

Shapeshifter: “No.”

The Question: “Pretty please, with cherries on top?”

Shapeshifter: “No.”

Wonder Woman: “I ‘ve got this.” She threw her Lasso of Truth around the shapeshifter and waited.

Shapeshifter: (standing tall and alert) “I screamed to prevent the Joker from putting a smile on my face.”

Vixen: “Joker!”

The Question: “Oh no, yall know what this means, right?”

Wonder Woman: “Yes, it means that the Batman will have to be called in because of the Joker being involved in this, and I don’t know about you all, but if I see Batman pop up in just ONE more story…”

Vixen: “Girl, I hear you. I propose we forget this incident ever happened.”

Wonder Woman: “Agreed.”

The Question: “Ditto.”

Vixen: “Well, I gotta run. What’s the American slang? “It’s been real… deuces!” She mimicked the flight of a dragonfly and flew away.

The Question looked at Wonder Woman: “Wanna share an Uber?”

Wonder Woman: “Nah, I’m good.”

The Question shrugged, got into the Uber and immediately began wondering if Uber had been established as a front to hide the resurgence of the Muppets after Scarlet Witch had declared “No More Muppets.”

After The Question departed, Wonder Woman turned around to say something to the shapeshifter, but the shapeshifter was gone. Wonder Woman shrugged, whirled around a few times to turn back into Diana Prince, and then literally skipped back into her house.

The shapeshifter, who had been hiding behind a tree, watched Diana walk back into her house. With a smirk, the shapeshifter transformed back into Mystique, and she ran to tell the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants that Diana Prince was Wonder Woman.

After Mystique left, the cat transformed back into Morph and ran to tell the X-Men that Mystique may be up to no good.

The moment everyone had left the scene, a woman who called herself The Centipede emerged from a parked car and tracked Vixen’s flight with a pair of binoculars. The Centipede vowed to get revenge on Peter Parker er, I mean Marilyn McCabe, even if it was the last thing she ever did…
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 09-26-2021 at 02:58 PM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi