Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Default Who is the perfect villain to unite the entire Marvel community of heroes?

If you had to pick one villain who best embodies pure evil, who would it be? Who is the one person that would unite all heroes from all walks of life -- even old senior citizen heroes would come out of retirement to try and help save the day?

I mean...Red Skull, given a big enough McGuffin.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    If you had to pick one villain who best embodies pure evil, who would it be? Who is the one person that would unite all heroes from all walks of life -- even old senior citizen heroes would come out of retirement to try and help save the day?
    Quite easy answer, although there are three candidates: Thanos, Dr Doom, and Ultron.

20200517_133357.jpg Phoenix Thanos, both villians have been done to death over the years, combine them as one, leave Thanos as host of the Phoenix force for years to come. There is more to both characters than just death and destruction.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Quite easy answer, although there are three candidates: Thanos, Dr Doom, and Ultron.
    Speaking of three candidates...

Completely out of left field, I know. But these would be My Top 3:

1. Maelstrom

2. The Purple Man

3. Kid Miracleman
    Last edited by K7P5V; 07-03-2020 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Marijuana. I'm not kidding, but this actually happened.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

I'd switch out Ultron for Galactus.

There's also Beyonder, Shuma Gorath, Mephisto, and maybe Red Skull under the right circumstances.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I don't think any of the three rise to the level of pure evil. Thanos was given a pass by the Living Tribunal even though he wiped out half the population of the multiverse. Ultron has caused a lot of destruction in his day but after all, he was Pym's invention. There's some blame to be shared there. And Doom has often allied himself with the heroes for certain causes and he did save the multiverse after all.

Pure Evil would be someone like Mephisto who had never had any redeeming qualities and neither does the Red Skull. But the Skull would need some heavy build up to require all the heroes to face him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I'd switch out Ultron for Galactus.

There's also Beyonder, Shuma Gorath, Mephisto, and maybe Red Skull under the right circumstances.
    Galactus is more a force of nature than a real villain. He only wants to feed when he's hunger, the bad thing is, planets are what he needs to feed in order to survive. Doom stole the power of the Beyonder several times, which makes him a better candidate for the list. And Mephisto, OK, I admit I didn't think of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I don't think any of the three rise to the level of pure evil. Thanos was given a pass by the Living Tribunal even though he wiped out half the population of the multiverse. Ultron has caused a lot of destruction in his day but after all, he was Pym's invention. There's some blame to be shared there. And Doom has often allied himself with the heroes for certain causes and he did save the multiverse after all.

Pure Evil would be someone like Mephisto who had never had any redeeming qualities and neither does the Red Skull. But the Skull would need some heavy build up to require all the heroes to face him.
    Doom didn't save the Multiverse, he just took what was left of it and turned himself into God. He then created a place for the heroes who always beat him killed themselves for all eternity, and took the family of the only man who ever tried to truly help him (Reed Richards) as his own. That's really evil, as far as I see. And the Living Tribunal was a fool for giving Thanos a pass.

Mephisto is a good choice, however. But I don't count Red Skull because, although he can be extremely dangerous, his ego always opens the door to his defeat; so you don't need ALL the heroes united to defeat him.

Incredible Member

kingpin and doom can resist purple man power so he's hardly invincible. doom did use his power to overtake the world but grew bored after a couple of months.

already did it with thanos though even without the infinity gauntlet

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

But the Skull would need some heavy build up to require all the heroes to face him.
    They probably missed their chance with Red Skull, since he once possessed a Cosmic Cube. Unfortunately, other than giving Sam Wilson a bond with Redwing and gifting him with bird-speak, there doesn't appear to be any lingering consequence of someone as evil as Red Skull owning a device that could reshape all of reality in the blink of an eye. Or is there?

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Doom or Thanos
    I think Donny Cates is wanting Knull to become that kind of threat, too.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

krakoa /10
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Astonishing Member

I don't think any of the three rise to the level of pure evil. Thanos was given a pass by the Living Tribunal even though he wiped out half the population of the multiverse. Ultron has caused a lot of destruction in his day but after all, he was Pym's invention. There's some blame to be shared there.
    Pym just built the thing, he didn't intend for Ultron to become the monster he became. He was also Ultron's first victim. Thanos shouldn't be getting any passes from anybody, he's made progress in his old age but he remains a big threat to everyone in the universe.

And Doom has often allied himself with the heroes for certain causes and he did save the multiverse after all.
    For him to rule it.

Mephisto tried to sabotage Thanos during the Infinite Gauntlet. But yeah, Red Skull goes into the pure evil pile.

Doom didn't save the Multiverse, he just took what was left of it and turned himself into God. He then created a place for the heroes who always beat him killed themselves for all eternity, and took the family of the only man who ever tried to truly help him (Reed Richards) as his own. That's really evil, as far as I see. And the Living Tribunal was a fool for giving Thanos a pass.
    Exactly. What Doom did was evil. Also he gets too much credit for saving the Multiverse.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark