Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 40
  1. #1
    Extraordinary Member JudicatorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Cosmic Shores of the Pacific
    Posts
    5,565

    Default Who is the perfect villain to unite the entire Marvel community of heroes?

    If you had to pick one villain who best embodies pure evil, who would it be? Who is the one person that would unite all heroes from all walks of life -- even old senior citizen heroes would come out of retirement to try and help save the day?

  2. #2
    Incredible Member Swamp Thing 2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Impenetrable Coccoon of Feelings
    Posts
    944

    Default

    I mean...Red Skull, given a big enough McGuffin.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

  3. #3
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    If you had to pick one villain who best embodies pure evil, who would it be? Who is the one person that would unite all heroes from all walks of life -- even old senior citizen heroes would come out of retirement to try and help save the day?
    Quite easy answer, although there are three candidates: Thanos, Dr Doom, and Ultron.

  4. #4
    Fantastic Member PhoenixThanos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    448

    Default

    20200517_133357.jpg Phoenix Thanos, both villians have been done to death over the years, combine them as one, leave Thanos as host of the Phoenix force for years to come. There is more to both characters than just death and destruction.
    I enjoy anything Marvel cosmic, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.

    (Marvel/DC fan for 42+ years)

  5. #5
    Astonishing Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    3,093

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Quite easy answer, although there are three candidates: Thanos, Dr Doom, and Ultron.
    Speaking of three candidates...

    Completely out of left field, I know. But these would be My Top 3:

    1. Maelstrom




    2. The Purple Man




    3. Kid Miracleman
    Last edited by K7P5V; 07-03-2020 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

  6. #6
    Astonishing Member Myetche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,120

    Default

    Marijuana. I'm not kidding, but this actually happened.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

  7. #7
    Better than YOU! Alan2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Quite easy answer, although there are three candidates: Thanos, Dr Doom, and Ultron.
    I'd switch out Ultron for Galactus.

    There's also Beyonder, Shuma Gorath, Mephisto, and maybe Red Skull under the right circumstances.

  8. #8
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    15,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Quite easy answer, although there are three candidates: Thanos, Dr Doom, and Ultron.
    I don't think any of the three rise to the level of pure evil. Thanos was given a pass by the Living Tribunal even though he wiped out half the population of the multiverse. Ultron has caused a lot of destruction in his day but after all, he was Pym's invention. There's some blame to be shared there. And Doom has often allied himself with the heroes for certain causes and he did save the multiverse after all.

    Pure Evil would be someone like Mephisto who had never had any redeeming qualities and neither does the Red Skull. But the Skull would need some heavy build up to require all the heroes to face him.

  9. #9
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I'd switch out Ultron for Galactus.

    There's also Beyonder, Shuma Gorath, Mephisto, and maybe Red Skull under the right circumstances.
    Galactus is more a force of nature than a real villain. He only wants to feed when he's hunger, the bad thing is, planets are what he needs to feed in order to survive. Doom stole the power of the Beyonder several times, which makes him a better candidate for the list. And Mephisto, OK, I admit I didn't think of him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I don't think any of the three rise to the level of pure evil. Thanos was given a pass by the Living Tribunal even though he wiped out half the population of the multiverse. Ultron has caused a lot of destruction in his day but after all, he was Pym's invention. There's some blame to be shared there. And Doom has often allied himself with the heroes for certain causes and he did save the multiverse after all.

    Pure Evil would be someone like Mephisto who had never had any redeeming qualities and neither does the Red Skull. But the Skull would need some heavy build up to require all the heroes to face him.
    Doom didn't save the Multiverse, he just took what was left of it and turned himself into God. He then created a place for the heroes who always beat him killed themselves for all eternity, and took the family of the only man who ever tried to truly help him (Reed Richards) as his own. That's really evil, as far as I see. And the Living Tribunal was a fool for giving Thanos a pass.

    Mephisto is a good choice, however. But I don't count Red Skull because, although he can be extremely dangerous, his ego always opens the door to his defeat; so you don't need ALL the heroes united to defeat him.

  10. #10
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    390

    Default

    kingpin and doom can resist purple man power so he's hardly invincible. doom did use his power to overtake the world but grew bored after a couple of months.





    already did it with thanos though even without the infinity gauntlet


  11. #11
    Extraordinary Member JudicatorPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    The Cosmic Shores of the Pacific
    Posts
    5,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    But the Skull would need some heavy build up to require all the heroes to face him.
    They probably missed their chance with Red Skull, since he once possessed a Cosmic Cube. Unfortunately, other than giving Sam Wilson a bond with Redwing and gifting him with bird-speak, there doesn't appear to be any lingering consequence of someone as evil as Red Skull owning a device that could reshape all of reality in the blink of an eye. Or is there?

  12. #12
    Mighty Member your_name_here's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,279

    Default

    Doom or Thanos
    I think Donny Cates is wanting Knull to become that kind of threat, too.

  13. #13
    ...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,289

    Default

    krakoa /10
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

  14. #14
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I don't think any of the three rise to the level of pure evil. Thanos was given a pass by the Living Tribunal even though he wiped out half the population of the multiverse. Ultron has caused a lot of destruction in his day but after all, he was Pym's invention. There's some blame to be shared there.
    Pym just built the thing, he didn't intend for Ultron to become the monster he became. He was also Ultron's first victim. Thanos shouldn't be getting any passes from anybody, he's made progress in his old age but he remains a big threat to everyone in the universe.


    And Doom has often allied himself with the heroes for certain causes and he did save the multiverse after all.
    For him to rule it.

    Pure Evil would be someone like Mephisto who had never had any redeeming qualities and neither does the Red Skull. But the Skull would need some heavy build up to require all the heroes to face him.
    Mephisto tried to sabotage Thanos during the Infinite Gauntlet. But yeah, Red Skull goes into the pure evil pile.

  15. #15
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Avengers Mountain.
    Posts
    5,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Doom didn't save the Multiverse, he just took what was left of it and turned himself into God. He then created a place for the heroes who always beat him killed themselves for all eternity, and took the family of the only man who ever tried to truly help him (Reed Richards) as his own. That's really evil, as far as I see. And the Living Tribunal was a fool for giving Thanos a pass.
    Exactly. What Doom did was evil. Also he gets too much credit for saving the Multiverse.
    " This is why you're the head of S.H.I.E.L.D, Stark. Because you're stronger than anyone. It's not the armor....and you know it. Your here because impossible things happen, and when they do, They call on you to deal with them. You see the angles, Tony. You always have. You see the possible solutions to things that shouldn't be happening." CAROL DANVERS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •