Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Default Should Nightwing Return to the Disco Costume?

As effectively simple as the Stelfreeze designed costume is, it's awfully played out.

While this may seem blasphemous for some, I suggest DC ressurect George Perez's original Nightwing design. I feel it brings a certain energy and vibrancy to the Dick Grayson character which I find lacking from the Chuck Dixon era outfit.

No. Disco is dead, and so are Disco costumes.

I mean no disrespect when I say this but hell no.
    "I swear to god, if I get banned..."

What about a new look altogether.

I hate to repeat myself, but I did a mockup a few months back trying to combine the colors of the discowing outfit with the iconography of the B:TNA suit. I think that something along these lines might be better than a straight return to the disco suit, which is very much now dated.

It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I’m okay w. the basic design being altered. As shown by Pohzee, and fan art redesigns across the internet, there’s a lot that can be done w. It, but it should never have the collar and cleavage again.

No thank you
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Vibrancy's fine but not teal blue with yellow. It look old and washed out. Thats the kinda color I associate with my grandma's hometown and they're repainting.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

I find that simplicity works best for superheroes. Nightwings simple blue and the black costume is one of the best minimalists costumes in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    As effectively simple as the Stelfreeze designed costume is, it's awfully played out.

While this may seem blasphemous for some, I suggest DC ressurect George Perez's original Nightwing design. I feel it brings a certain energy and vibrancy to the Dick Grayson character which I find lacking from the Chuck Dixon era outfit.
    People will come back to it.
    Look at mustaches, they are trendy now, like in the old days. So disco look is bound to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    I find that simplicity works best for superheroes. Nightwings simple blue and the black costume is one of the best minimalists costumes in comics.
    I gotta second this.

Plus the disco suit was just...several levels of awful. Right up there, with most of the costumes of the 90s, as one of my least favorite superhero designs.

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I hate to repeat myself, but I did a mockup a few months back trying to combine the colors of the discowing outfit with the iconography of the B:TNA suit. I think that something along these lines might be better than a straight return to the disco suit, which is very much now dated.

I vote for the last costume; the black one with pale blue gloves and boots.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

No, but he absolutely should go back to the costume he wore during Chuck Dixon's run!

After his ponytail got cut off and without a mullet, of course.

No.

The black-blue costume has become as close to iconic as Nightwing gets. It's simple, easy to adapt to other media, and can be tweaked with varying degrees of detail without losing its overall sensibility. I do think Dick needs the bird emblem back, for marketing purposes, but that in and of itself is just a tweak to the classic black-blue chevron.

The last thing wrong with Nightwing is his classic Nightwing costume.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

You may as well ask if he should grow out his ponytail again.