Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

I enjoy this take on Batman, he’s a lot more of a wet-behind-the-ears than we’re traditionally used to seeing(Bruce is noted for being a pretty poor detective in this world), and that’s just kind of refreshing for this character that’s been around for so long. These comics is basically John trying to write a live-action Batman movie in the style of a Chris Nolan movie, and I almost see them as companion pieces to those movies.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Release date seems to be for June 2021. Also cover and description.

Harvey Dent is dead. Or is he? A gang of thieves thrusts Gotham City into a state of fear when they are mysteriously well-armed with military-grade weapons: flamethrowers, grenade launchers, and even tanks. And this gang claims it is funded by none other than former district attorney Harvey Dent. Balancing his two lives, Bruce Wayne must find the truth by tapping his growing network of agents, including Alfred Pennyworth, Jim Gordon, Waylon "Killer Croc" Jones, and the savvy new Catwoman. Bruce is distracted by the seemingly impossible return of another figure believed dead: his grandfather Adrian Arkham. He must also comfort his longtime friend, Gotham City mayor Jessica Dent, who is scarred both physically and mentally from her experience with the Riddler, which resulted in the gruesome death of her brother. But is Harvey back, plotting revenge on a city he proclaims to be guilty? When Batman discovers the truth behind these many mysteries, his entire world unravels… Batman: Earth One Vol. 3 is written by Geoff Johns with art by Gary Frank, Jon Sibal and Brad Anderson.

Sounds like the main villain is going to be Jessica as Two-Face, with the Harvey personality being Two-Face.

I wonder if we'll see Babs as Batgirl in this?

Adrian Arkham is kind of random, but I guess they need to mine that whole "Martha was an Arkham" plot point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sounds like the main villain is going to be Jessica as Two-Face, with the Harvey personality being Two-Face.

I wonder if we'll see Babs as Batgirl in this?

Adrian Arkham is kind of random, but I guess they need to mine that whole "Martha was an Arkham" plot point.

I’m also happy there’s no hint of Joker seemingly so far.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Link says it's October.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I like to think Johns got his Joker kick out in Three Jokers...not that it was necessarily a good Joker kick .

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    That will probably be the last book he does. I saw somewhere he has plans for 6, guess we’ll see if that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That will probably be the last book he does. I saw somewhere he has plans for 6, guess we’ll see if that happens.
    Yeah, three volumes seems the most I expect out of these Earth One books, but I can kind of see where Johns might've been planning for the long game.

If there is any kind of a Joker tease, we will see more volumes. I do expect a Joker tease on the last page of volume 3.
    Last edited by chachi; 11-20-2020 at 05:48 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I'm more excited for this than anything else batman coming down the pipe. The first two are really good.

I would be amazed if these went past three. Though I'll also probably also be 76 at Johns', and the EO imprint in general, current output rate if it does to six.

But still hopefully not Joker as he just sucks the joy out of anything DC-related these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    I'm more excited for this than anything else batman coming down the pipe. The first two are really good.
    Agree. This book and Wonder Woman Earth One Volume 3 are the only DC books I am looking forward to. Recently read the end of volume 2, everything in the solicit is set up in the final few pages. Would think the first part of volume 3 would develop Catwoman as one of Batman's agents, since it looked like she might be one of the villain's judging by the last page of volume 2?