View Poll Results: What movie would you like to see?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Static Shock

15 78.95%
  • Blood Syndicate

5 26.32%
  • Icon & Rocket

10 52.63%
  • Xombi

4 21.05%
  • Shadow Cabinet

2 10.53%
  • Hardware

6 31.58%
  • Icon (solo) or Rocket (solo)

3 15.79%
  • Love Army

1 5.26%
  • I am Holocaust/Pyre

0 0%
  • Wise Son: White Wolf

1 5.26%
  • Other (specify)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Default Milestone Cinematic Universe

let's say tomorrow they announce a Milestone Cinematic Universe; which movies and/or creatives (writers, directors, producers, actors/actresses, etc) would you like to see?

before someone comes in here and to derail the thread, no I'm not saying this is what's gonna happening, or if they should or shouldn't, or asking what are the odds of it happening, or the politics of the industry, or any of that. just a fun thread to fancast, discuss, brainstorm, and share ideas. please don't be annoying.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 07-04-2020 at 04:29 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Static Shock, but then that's largely because he's the only one I'm familiar with thanks to the old cartoon.

As for fancast I don't know any teenage black actors, but probably should be an unknown. None of that guy in his 20s crap to play a teen. If Shazam can do it so can Static.
    Last edited by Vakanai; 07-04-2020 at 03:15 PM.

Voted for Static, Icon & Rocket, and Hardware. Those're my top three, with Blood Syndicate coming in a close 4th.

I'd also take a Icon or Rocket solo joint, but I feel like neither character truly works without the other. It was the divergence in their viewpoints, politics, and life experiences that really made those characters rich and interesting, I think.

But honestly.....if WB makes a Milestone film there's a really good chance I'm going to pass on it, or wait until blu-ray at best. WB keep letting me down with their DC movies and I have no reason to think they'd do better with Milestone. Odds are they'd do worse. So I find myself torn; I refuse to give WB more money for their bad movies.....but I also want to support all things Milestone.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Static Shock, but then that's largely because he's the only one I'm familiar with thanks to the old cartoon.

As for fancast I don't know any teenage black actors, but probably should be an unknown. None of that guy in his 20s crap to play a teen. If Shazam can do it so can Static.
    Default name right now would be caleb mclaughlin from Stranger Things.

Or the kid from Moon Light-whose name I forget-but he's on The Chi on Showtime.

Or the kid from Netflix's Everything Sucks.

Of course knowing the WB it would be Quincy Fouse from CW's Legacies or Travon from Black Lightning.

Everyone else I can think of would be over 20 or too light skinned to play Static or too young.

In my mind, Reginald Hudlin should act as the Kevin Feige of this universe, adapting it from book to screen. Blood Syndicate would be the film announced, that will set the stage for the MSCU. F. Gary Gray would set to direct, Kenya Barris will produce and Marc Bernardin will pen the script. Blood Syndicate will introduce our audience to the City of Dakota, Paris Island, the Big Bang event, the metahumans, Holocaust/Pyre, Virgil Hawkins, and the S.H.R.E.D. Police Force.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Default name right now would be caleb mclaughlin from Stranger Things.

Or the kid from Moon Light-whose name I forget-but he's on The Chi on Showtime.

Or the kid from Netflix's Everything Sucks.

Of course knowing the WB it would be Quincy Fouse from CW's Legacies or Travon from Black Lightning.

Everyone else I can think of would be over 20 or too light skinned to play Static or too young.
    The only thing you mentioned that I've seen is Black Lightning...

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    The only thing you mentioned that I've seen is Black Lightning...
    You haven't seen Stanger Thing? The Chi is pretty good tho, you should check it out. there are quite a few young black actors around the Static age range right now, there is so much content nowadays you can find a lot of talent across a lot of demographics if you know where to look.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I’d personally rather see a big-budget streaming show that bounces between the characters like a superhero version of the Wire.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    You haven't seen Stanger Thing? The Chi is pretty good tho, you should check it out. there are quite a few young black actors around the Static age range right now, there is so much content nowadays you can find a lot of talent across a lot of demographics if you know where to look.
    Nope. I don't have wifi at home so don't bother with streaming services. I also don't pay extra for all those premium channels on satellite. The few Netflix Marvel shows I watched, well there's something that rhymes with BiratePay I access from public WiFi...

God I need cheap wifi in my area...

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I’d personally rather see a big-budget streaming show that bounces between the characters like a superhero version of the Wire.
    Yeah, but that is what everyone says about every superhero franchise ever. At some point I feel we should just have a filter that replaces the words film and movie with streaming show.

Icon and Rocket. I think it's rare these days in movies and television to see a black man and a black woman working together and not being at each other's throats or totally ignoring each other.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I’d personally rather see a big-budget streaming show that bounces between the characters like a superhero version of The Wire.
    This sounds like a black version of Gotham.