Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 26667273747576
Results 1,126 to 1,129 of 1129

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "It's a simple thing, really," Omu noted. "I'm real good at my job. Information gathering, killin' all quiet-like. At the end of the day, information and killin' is about all people want. 'specially the rich ones. Poison a rival here, catch someone doin' somethin' they ain't s'posed to there, it's all the same. Me and my crew do the job and then we get paid. And the whole time it's like we were never there..." Omu states slinking up into the ceiling and seeming to disappear within a scroll upon the ceiling...

...only for his voice to come from within the room "Such is the way, blahblahblah....Anyways, money'n'food is the goal. Corrallin' about among the people is jsut the best means."
    "Job?" Lately, Matthias has found his perception of the world not nearly as focused as he had thought. Perhaps, despite his best attempts to gain as much insight into what was going on around him, there was still much that he had been sheltered from. Or perhaps he has become a creature of habit, living a life that was comfortable for him but not much more than that. Either way, it was a shakeup that made him uneasy yet even more curious.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    “It was your attire. It is exotic and therefore foreign meaning you had to come from somewhere else. Given state of the world, somewhere else means outside or another city. The way you handle yourself, could tell.”

: Just observing.: “ Plus not all of us city folk are soft. Still tough jobs exist and everything. I worked as a farmer on the out skirts as a child, junk collector, construction, and so forth. Recently got management job and tried my hand with my hobby. Yeah, not all of uscc BBC are big babies who do nothing and leech off society.”
    Continuing to saw through the potato with a breadknife, Kinu carved its mealy flesh into oddly angled, starlike shapes.

"Well, well," she said, "sounds like someone's been wanderin' without a place to settle. Why's that?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “She is a bit more rambunctious than most from the city too. Speech patterns aren’t local either.”

Owen walks in, nodding.

“I followed my nose. A most impressive spread.”
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    “ Indeed, good eye. Though you need one on your line of work, I guess.”

Acknowledging him and nods. “ She did good, I provided the potatoes I guess?” As that was his job while they toured.

"Brilliant observation Gumsh- hey wait a second! Who you callin' 'rambunctious' you--" she shot back, eyes darting over Owen's person, "...popgun-slinging..." yeah....yeah...! "...left-handed..." ...hey, what...? "...flatfoot?"

Silently, she dropped the potato slices into a vat of boiling chicken fat with a sharp hiss.

Got him.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Continuing to saw through the potato with a breadknife, Kinu carved its mealy flesh into oddly angled, starlike shapes.

"Well, well," she said, "sounds like someone's been wanderin' without a place to settle. Why's that?"

"Brilliant observation Gumsh- hey wait a second! Who you callin' 'rambunctious' you--" she shot back, eyes darting over Owen's person, "...popgun-slinging..." yeah....yeah...! "...left-handed..." ...hey, what...? "...flatfoot?"

Silently, she dropped the potato slices into a vat of boiling chicken fat with a sharp hiss.

Got him.
    Owen smiles.

“Pretty sure power driving someone through a glass ceiling is the textbook definition of ‘rambunctious’. I, meanwhile, am perfectly calm and not at all prone to bouts of foolish bravado and chivalry.”

He grins and gestures.

“Anything I can do to help?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

“ Poor. When your poor your border line outlander to “ Society.” But yeah, never really cared. Just had my hand trying to have a interesting life. Aside that yeah, my grandma died, found her diary on spells, still studying them. Tried my hand at writing. Although a certain Hell’s Brigade publishing always outdid me, so went back to the family business along with paper pushing. Despite desk job, train at least two hours a day. Anything else? I got stories to tell, if you got the time and interest.”