Page 43 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

" You could ask someone here if they are a psychologist, Jacob. It wouldn't hurt, Jacob," Rhea said.

Jacob looks at Rhea and sighs. " Fine, you have a point you damn hallucination, Jacob looks around. Hey, who here is a psychologist?" Jacob said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Jacob finishes his meal and, Rhea looks at him." Are you sure you were raised in an orphanage, Jacob?" Rhea said.

" I'm sure, but it's strange I only remember my time in the orphanage when I was 17, nothing before that," Jacob said.

" Hmm, so have you no recollection of anything before you were 17? That sounds like severe memory loss, or maybe you heavily repressed those memories? My suggestion is that you see a psychologist, Jacob " Rhea said.

" They might be able to help you with your memory," Rhea said.

" And exactly where I going to find a damn psychologist who isn't working under Adminstrum. You damn hallucination," Jacob shouted.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " You could ask someone here if they are a psychologist, Jacob. It wouldn't hurt, Jacob," Rhea said.

Jacob looks at Rhea and sighs. " Fine, you have a point you damn hallucination, Jacob looks around. Hey, who here is a psychologist?" Jacob said.
    Xia stared at the man who was screaming at thin air and shouting about a hallucination. At least the Dragon was placid when fed; this guy was a lunatic. She recognized him from the prison and wondered what he did to end up there. She could have asked, but that would require talking to him and...

"I need more beer," she mumbled before getting up to grab as many as she could carry.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Xia stared at the man who was screaming at thin air and shouting about a hallucination. At least the Dragon was placid when fed; this guy was a lunatic. She recognized him from the prison and wondered what he did to end up there. She could have asked, but that would require talking to him and...

"I need more beer," she mumbled before getting up to grab as many as she could carry.
    Owen floats several to her on a tray.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    "So... Miss Arxiros, was it?"

The... dragonkin, despite having admitted to eating people- eating Witches even- was surprisingly less scary than he was led to believe. Still terrifying in the way that any being that can and would eat you should be to any rational person, but not as terrifying as she could have been if, for example, she was eating people for the fun of it instead of out of some biological necessity.

~Presuming she's speaking the truth on that, that is~

"I've a few questions I'd like to ask you concerning your magovorous diet," Lucifer spoke as he approached, taking quick glances at what exactly was potentially available from the kitchen on the way. He wasn't actually hungry, though given he couldn't actually remember the last time he had bothered to eat, it was probably best that he did- to replenish the things that light at the moment couldn't. "If I heard right, you currently subsist by consuming magic contained within other sources- things like that vial or, when necessary, people possessed of sufficient magical ability, correct? If so, does it matter what form said magic takes? For example..."

Lucifer quickly finds a small random object lying around and holds it up-

"...if I caused light to appear, like so..."

-before causing it glow a vibrant shade of green.

"...could you survive off consuming magic in that form, assuming it were strong enough?"

He set the still glowing object on a table, before reaching into his bandolier and pulling out a miniature towel and setting it on the same table.

"Can you consume something like this, a wash cloth that's literally nothing more than magic light willed into bearing a shape and function? If either or both of those can work towards keeping the hunger away, then- should the both of us decide to continue with this organization- I wouldn't mind providing you with what you need should other sources of such become scarce."
    It took a few seconds shy of a full minute, before Arx realized it was her name that had spilled out of the fog lamp's mouth... already going to regret giving that out.

Before she'd even had a chance to turn however, he'd already started asking his questions. Something something "magovorus"; something something "magical towel". Didn't take much to infer that he was asking whether or not she could eat them to sustain herself. Fair enough.

"I mean sure." Arx replied with a flick of the tail.

Leaning forward, she sniffed the towel. Bit stale, but in a pinch? "Not much for nutrition, but magic is magic." Of course she wouldn't quite care for the taste. A magical towel is a towel, and a... is that a spoon?

"I'd rather not eat that." She pointed at the spoon. "Even if it is full of magic."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    It took a few seconds shy of a full minute, before Arx realized it was her name that had spilled out of the fog lamp's mouth... already going to regret giving that out.

Before she'd even had a chance to turn however, he'd already started asking his questions. Something something "magovorus"; something something "magical towel". Didn't take much to infer that he was asking whether or not she could eat them to sustain herself. Fair enough.

"I mean sure." Arx replied with a flick of the tail.

Leaning forward, she sniffed the towel. Bit stale, but in a pinch? "Not much for nutrition, but magic is magic." Of course she wouldn't quite care for the taste. A magical towel is a towel, and a... is that a spoon?

"I'd rather not eat that." She pointed at the spoon. "Even if it is full of magic."
    "I realize that these are pretty bad examples," Lucifer said as he picked up both the spork and towel and withdrew the light from both- reducing the former to what it was before he first picked it up and reducing the latter to nothing. "Unfortunately, there hasn't exactly been a lot of time since I've come around after a certain Witch used you to ram me straight into the rafters to come up with something better."

~Well, something better that wouldn't also fry the room and at least some of the people in it.~

"Based on how well you seemed to take what was supposed to have been an attempt to kill the other Witch, I'd guess that just doing that would do more for you than these minor tricks- and simply directly sending the magic to you would do even more still. But the knowledge that either of those could work is enough to get started on a couple of projects. Thank you."
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Owen floats several to her on a tray.
    She cocked her head up in thanks and immediately cracked one open. By the end of this, I'm going to be an alcoholic. Only a problem if I run out. She returned to her seat and handed on to Kinu. "We're going to need a lot of this."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Selma blinked as she felt the grip of a gun in her hand. She turned to look and saw a large-caliber revolver in her hand. Lifting it, she looked it over, turning it as she inspected it. She'd been considering pre-emptively taking out the lizard with a gun, but it'd barely taken a few seconds for her magic to create the gun while half-concentrating, when before it took nearly a minute of firm concentration to make a gun. Opening the barrel, she blinked as she saw that it was fully-loaded.

'I guess my ability to transfigure has gotten stronger.' Selma thought, before turning to where Arx had gone, a thoughtful look on her face.

'Should I do it, and protect us from the creature who has made her intention to eat us if she desires quite clear? I mean, going by her thinking, its like a herd of gazelle allowing a lion to stick around without doing something to get rid of it.' Selma wondered, looking at the gun currently sitting in her hand.

'Though I may need more weapons to do it. Perhaps some powerful explosives or chemical weapons... or both.' Selma considered thoughtfully.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    "I realize that these are pretty bad examples," Lucifer said as he picked up both the spork and towel and withdrew the light from both- reducing the former to what it was before he first picked it up and reducing the latter to nothing. "Unfortunately, there hasn't exactly been a lot of time since I've come around after a certain Witch used you to ram me straight into the rafters to come up with something better."

~Well, something better that wouldn't also fry the room and at least some of the people in it.~

"Based on how well you seemed to take what was supposed to have been an attempt to kill the other Witch, I'd guess that just doing that would do more for you than these minor tricks- and simply directly sending the magic to you would do even more still. But the knowledge that either of those could work is enough to get started on a couple of projects. Thank you."
    "Credit where it's due." Arx said. "That one was smart." A bit stronger than she was now at the moment, too. A problem for later.

"But yes, I eat all types of magic. It's just easier, and more filling, when I'm getting it straight from the source. Which, to be specific, is in the muscles and organs of Witches." There was just something about the conversion process that made the taste... divine. Almost as good as a fresh Mascot.

"Anyways."

With that, Arx walked off.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "I want you all to come to our HQ and meet in person....to see for yourself what our organization is, and what it means....and if your still not convinced, thats ok.....I'll see that your compensated in another way and returned to where you can continue your life as is."
    "We can get paid? If you can confirm this, I'm in..." Omu chimed up as he snaked his way over to grab a plate of food. "Matter of fact, you got any more jobs that need doin', I'm in. If the pay is good."

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    She cocked her head up in thanks and immediately cracked one open. By the end of this, I'm going to be an alcoholic. Only a problem if I run out. She returned to her seat and handed on to Kinu. "We're going to need a lot of this."
    Pssht--!!!

Kinu, who kept her oddly relaxed eyes on the simmering situation in the room, took a long sip of her third.

"...yep..."

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "We can get paid? If you can confirm this, I'm in..." Omu chimed up as he snaked his way over to grab a plate of food. "Matter of fact, you got any more jobs that need doin', I'm in. If the pay is good."
    Absentmindedly, Kinu reached behind her, and found a row of chitinous, angled legs. Huh. Don't remember getting those outta the kitchen. When'd those get here?

Casting her eyes to the grill fire, very little remained but the burned, scabby pieces of chicken that clung to the grating. Could swear there was more...eh whatever. Guess we need more food.

Grabbing a leg by the joint, she began to try and twist it off...
    Last edited by grampagen; 07-26-2020 at 03:45 PM.

Taking another bite out of her ice cream bar, Ange eyed the room. "....Ok En....If you wanna say something, I think most of em are full enough to be in the mood."

"Really? Ok....Nervous all of a sudden.....Ahhh........Hello again everyone, My name is En!"

Ange slightly cringes. "We know."

"Firstly, I wanna again express all the thanks I have for what you people in particular did today for us. But....I know a lot of you are still confused about us, wondering if you've done the right thing. The Administratum said that papa was responsible for the ruin in A-9, and they were gonna execute him for it......but that isn't the case at all. Far from it...EN is a organization of researchers, our mandate is the study and eventual elimination of Ruin. We're based outside the city because it's closer to the subject of our research....and because the Administratum doesn't condone our efforts....or anyone leaving the city without their permission. We never take up arms on the level you've seen today.....most of the people who helped you were, just the day before, men and women of learning. The only exception are Gee Gee, Mercer and a few of the hired hands."

"So when Papa was captured.....I didn't know what to do. Everyone pitched in with what they could....because papa was so important to the cause.....but the numbers just weren't in our favor. Then....you guys showed up. You helped us, even though you didn't have to....and because you fought back those witches only......only a few people died....." En paused, sadness seemingly overtaking her for a moment.

"That's why....I want to pay you back for what you've done with more then just free food and a place to stay for the night. I want to offer you a place in EN."

En gave a moment. "EN is not a job, or a freedom fighting movement......we have no quarrel with the administratum by nature. We're a group working together for a common goal....a world free of Ruin, where the world isn't measured by the urban centre limits."

"I want you all to come to our HQ and meet in person....to see for yourself what our organization is, and what it means....and if your still not convinced, thats ok.....I'll see that your compensated in another way and returned to where you can continue your life as is."
    "So..." She began, softly, yet her voice rose to audible levels from her hiding place, "If they had not taken your "Papa", you would have left us to our fates?"

The lingering resentment of being "saved" as an afterthought still stung, compounded with the sense of failing to save her own family.

"...And for those of us without homes? Those who can't continue our lives as easily as the others? What of us? Do you already assume we'll be so eager to join your ranks?"

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Listening to the message across the radio, Kinu heard out En speak out about...EN, and their stable. Although she said one thing, what she saw today conveyed something different.

"No wonder the Admins see you as a threat, sounds like someone ain't doing what they've been told," she remarked, "But see, I have a little problem."

"Even if today was your first time, working toward your common goal with your bombs and your guns, as far as they're concerned your people were the ones that started shooting. Image is something PR is very selective about, remember the 241 survivors? If you wanted to convince them, it won't be done by half-assing it, En."

"So tell me another one, the same way you're gonna tell the survivors of A-9 to their faces once you pull them out of the city limits. What proof do you have that...the cause...is worth all of this?"
    The room was silent a moment.

"......I won't make excuses......I don't have any.....Our cause is at best, a dream. The elimination of ruin, a world where people aren't confined to cities......I have nothing to offer that says all of this will be worth it in the end." En paused. "But....I want to believe in a far away dream more then a convenient lie.....one that breeds inaction and subservience to the Administratum. Too many people have died, in A9 and here...to many homes lost...that it should be brushed under the rug as another example of why the admins are infallible and falling to ruin is the fault of humans and not their inability, or willingness, to do anything about it."

"So no....I don't have proof. Proof is what we're out here to find.....until then....I only have hope..."

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Reaching over and behind Morgen, Kinu clamped her hand on the edge of the box.

"Make it two."
    "....Huh....sorry.....I couldn't hear you over the glass shattering ring in my ears." Ange poke a finger in one ear and holding the box firm with her other hand. "Must still have a bit of glass in their from getting suckerpunched then dropped through a roof..." Ange fumed, then sighed. "Then again.....I was suckered punched because I was bowing.....****....." She let the box go. "Fine.....but fair warning, I will find find an excuse at some point to test if you can take as much as you give..."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

The room was silent a moment.

"......I won't make excuses......I don't have any.....Our cause is at best, a dream. The elimination of ruin, a world where people aren't confined to cities......I have nothing to offer that says all of this will be worth it in the end." En paused. "But....I want to believe in a far away dream more then a convenient lie.....one that breeds inaction and subservience to the Administratum. Too many people have died, in A9 and here...to many homes lost...that it should be brushed under the rug as another example of why the admins are infallible and falling to ruin is the fault of humans and not their inability, or willingness, to do anything about it."

"So no....I don't have proof. Proof is what we're out here to find.....until then....I only have hope..."
    “A hard truth is always better than a convenient lie. This, I agree with. I have long made it my business to search for the truth, regardless of those who seek to bury it.”

Owen takes a sip of tea and looks at those assembled.

“I can get behind hope.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

"....Huh....sorry.....I couldn't hear you over the glass shattering ring in my ears." Ange poke a finger in one ear and holding the box firm with her other hand. "Must still have a bit of glass in their from getting suckerpunched then dropped through a roof..." Ange fumed, then sighed. "Then again.....I was suckered punched because I was bowing.....****....." She let the box go. "Fine.....but fair warning, I will find find an excuse at some point to test if you can take as much as you give..."
    Xia reached inside and pulled an ice-cream out for herself. "I saved your boss," she said with a shrug.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!