Page 78 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2868747576777879 LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1171

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Oy....shat yer yappin fer a moment, all o'ye." The doctor fumed as she worked in the corner of the medical bay with several instruments. "Seein'ow am the perfessinal ere...al ba de won ta decide whos gettin stuke. OY! Yer imaginary tart....wares the gud'tuff?"

"I'm processing the collected materials now." En answered cheerfully. "Just be another moment please....."

Starting at a low hum, a greenish solution is fed into the lab equipment, filtering through tubes and various glass compartments. "Serum Viscosity is within acceptable levels....transferring our test sample."

A cylinder fills with neon green liquid, and after examining it for a moment...the doctor digs through a corner storage unit for what appears to be a injector gun and loads the cylinder in.

"Now....if yer'al done toungwaggin....Mercer!" The fox doctor didn't teleport, at least as far as the more perceptive of the group were concerned.....but before the explosives expert could bark a word of protest or plea for more time, she had blurred across the room and lodged the injector in his neck, a hiss signaled the delivery of its payload.

"whoa WHOA OW!" Mercers brain caught up with the sudden action and he slapped a hand over the already red injection site, Horo already on her way back to the equipment to replace the cylinder and procure a new one, humming an amused tune. "Quit'yer tit sukin ye babe....jus a pinch."

The room went quiet as Horo, Ange, Mulvric and En all studied the nervous bomber closely.

After about a minute, En nodded. "Well.....your not dead. That's good."

"DON'T JINX IT!" Mercer screamed, withering under the stares.

To those with a sense for it, Mercer was now giving off a subtle aura...not quite magic, not quite ki......something fundamentally the same as either but more, pronounced.
    "I still want to know what coffee is. It feels like it's been like... seventeen days since I asked~" Arx replied, thoroughly bored by Mercer's suffering... until she caught the scent.

"You smell like a Witch now, Mercer~"

Everyone probably understood this to be a bad thing.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Retired Overlord

"The doctor is an animal?" Xia eyed the strange talking dog woman, whose speech was barely intelligible and sounded more like gibberish than any kind of language she had ever heard. "Still not drunk enough for this ****."
    "OHHHH....te docta isa bloodi animal iz'e?" Horo spoke sarcastically as she reloaded the injector. "An me patient issa bloodi alfwit...ows dat fer bedsuid man'nars"

She shook her head. Suddenly, the dog-woman was standing in from of her and Mask's chosen victim, Mercer, and stuck the needle in his neck. Naturally, bitching and moaning came form the hardened explosives expert. She watched him closely to gauge his reaction, both emotional and, more important, physical. He was still alive, as the Floating Voice so helpfully pointed out. Still, just being alive wasn't good enough. If he started sprouting extra arms and eyeballs, she was going to pass on this **** and just work with what she had.

She leaned forward. "If he doesn't suddenly sprout any extra limbs, I suppose I'll go next."

Wait, what's that?

Her eyes narrowed; a strange aura started around him. It wasn't like anything she had ever seen before; not to say she had seen much of that **** before. She had seen a lot, but never someone glowing like a nightlight. Was it that...that... **** she already forgot what it was called. That stuff that let people survive in the mist stuff? Was it that?

"How do you feel, Mercer?"
    "Eh.....not bad....all things considered." Mercer rubbed his neck. "Don't feel all that special...Do I look better? Maybe....Smarter?" Mercer taps his forehead. "....I dunno..."

"Its definitely taken effect in some way...." En commented. "....maybe....your so mundane the result is your now slightly above average?"

Mercer groans. "Wow thanks..."

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    “ I already agreed to go.”

Hence he was shirtless

“ So yeah how is it going you inept bomber?”
    "....wow.....ok....inept huh..." Mercer muttered bitterly. "Not gonna lie....last person who should be saying that."

"Oy, put yer top bac on ye Bleathering Gomreil Jessie Oaf-Lookin' Scooner. Nobudie wunna se yer peckers." Horo added before casually stabbing him with the syringe gun as she passes by.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "I still want to know what coffee is. It feels like it's been like... seventeen days since I asked~" Arx replied, thoroughly bored by Mercer's suffering... until she caught the scent.

"Huh? I do?" Mercer raised his arm and sniffed his armpit. "You sure.....only smell gunpowder here.....and....*sniff*......."

Mercer lowered his arm and pulled his collar. "Maybe.....a bath is in order...?"

Off to the side, Mulvric sighed and pulled out some vials. "Heel miss....no biting yer friends, if ye wanna snack I got ye covered."

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " En, if you're listening, I have a question about a supposedly two historical events I read in a book called the Werewolf of Paris. The book referred to the events as the Franco-Prussian War and the Paris Commune. The book dates the events as taking place in 1870 AD and 1871 AD," Jacob said.

"So the question is, how long ago was that? Also, another question What the hell kind of a name is Paris for a place? I never heard of such a place until I read this book," Jacob said.

" Jacob, there's no doubt that this François Bertrand person is the guy who murdered your wife. Depend on how long ago the events in this book took place. The guy could be centuries upon centuries of years old," Rhea said.

" Wait, how the hell is that possible?" Jacob said.

" Well, it's most likely somewhere during his life this guy found a way to extend his life," Rhea said.

" Hmm, En, is there a way for someone to extend their life?" Jacob said.
    EN took a moment away from observing events to process what Jacob had said.

After a minute of silence....the little digital fairy slowly rolled over in the air. "I have no idea what your referring to....I don't have a historical record of either of those conflicts. I am familiar with the dating system but I have no frame of reference to determine when an abstract number such as 1870 relates."

After another moment of processing, EN shakes her head. "I'm sorry....I have some severe data corruption issues in my historical records. I cannot answer your questions....though the concept of life extensions are not impossible, depending on circumstance."

“ I have class you know.” Why not totally nude, got stabbed, go go juice in him. Then we’ll. Let’s see what happens.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Xia raised an eyebrow. "I'm not the one walking around with dog ears.

Seemed that Mulvric was okay. He hadn't grown any extra appendages that she could see and he wasn't writhing on the ground in horrible pain. The serum thing didn't seem to be lethal. And with Shirtless Wonder already hopped up on the steroids, it was her turn.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

EN took a moment away from observing events to process what Jacob had said.

After a minute of silence....the little digital fairy slowly rolled over in the air. "I have no idea what your referring to....I don't have a historical record of either of those conflicts. I am familiar with the dating system but I have no frame of reference to determine when an abstract number such as 1870 relates."

After another moment of processing, EN shakes her head. "I'm sorry....I have some severe data corruption issues in my historical records. I cannot answer your questions....though the concept of life extensions are not impossible, depending on circumstance."
    " I see. Well, the most important thing for me. I got from this book is that the main character in it. Bertrand Caillet matches the description of the bastard who murdered my wife," Jacob said.

"I even discover a hidden page in the book where the Author Guy Endore mentions that a man named François Bertrand forced him to write his life story. The author said in his message that François was a werewolf. He described him as a monster, both figurately and literally," Jacob.

"What the author described François's behavior and attitude. Matched that of the bastard who murdered my wife. One thing the author said in his message is that he wanted to kill himself and was hanging on to his sanity. After listing to François's ghastly tales," Jacob said.

" That's why with this information, I'm certain that the bastard who killed my wife is François Bertrand! So you say that concept of life extensions are not impossible, depending on circumstance? Thanks for that information." Jacob said.

" However, base on what you told me. Looks like it won't be possible to determine how old he is just by going by this book. He could be centuries upon centuries of years old. By the way, the date on this book I'm looking at says that it was written in 1933 AD," Jacob said.

" If you like, I can show the hidden page of the book," Jacob said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 10-28-2020 at 01:41 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Arx slides up to the sleepy one. "What's coffee?"

"So impatient," Sigourney grumbled, having caught herself falling asleep with her eyes open while standing upright. Exhaustion does funny things to someone.

"Coffee is the nectar of the heavens," She began with a tone of voice that could be considered romantic, "The Coffea plant from which it is derived from is a wonderful organism of sweetness and caffeine. They take the seeds, roast them, then grind them up and add water." It was about that point that the girl became deflated, sighing before concluding, "Tis a shame I've only had it three times in my unfortunate life."

All three of those times had been sips taken from her father's mug, and even he had only been gifted it a few times by those he had helped out.

"OHHHH....te docta isa bloodi animal iz'e?" Horo spoke sarcastically as she reloaded the injector. "An me patient issa bloodi alfwit...ows dat fer bedsuid man'nars"

"Eh.....not bad....all things considered." Mercer rubbed his neck. "Don't feel all that special...Do I look better? Maybe....Smarter?" Mercer taps his forehead. "....I dunno..."

"Its definitely taken effect in some way...." En commented. "....maybe....your so mundane the result is your now slightly above average?"

Mercer groans. "Wow thanks..."

"....wow.....ok....inept huh..." Mercer muttered bitterly. "Not gonna lie....last person who should be saying that."

"Oy, put yer top bac on ye Bleathering Gomreil Jessie Oaf-Lookin' Scooner. Nobudie wunna se yer peckers." Horo added before casually stabbing him with the syringe gun as she passes by.
    Matthias observed and considered this before speaking, "There is one question I'm not sure that you would answer. A question about how this vaccine was made."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "So impatient," Sigourney grumbled, having caught herself falling asleep with her eyes open while standing upright. Exhaustion does funny things to someone.

"Coffee is the nectar of the heavens," She began with a tone of voice that could be considered romantic, "The Coffea plant from which it is derived from is a wonderful organism of sweetness and caffeine. They take the seeds, roast them, then grind them up and add water." It was about that point that the girl became deflated, sighing before concluding, "Tis a shame I've only had it three times in my unfortunate life."

All three of those times had been sips taken from her father's mug, and even he had only been gifted it a few times by those he had helped out.
    Arx squinted at the girl, before licking her lips.

"Sounds magical. We should get our hands on some. Bet money Grandma Schrodinger's got some squrrieled away~" Of course, Arx didn't have any money. She was just mimicking what she'd heard other humans say... before eviscerating them of course.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Owen nods and gets ready for his injection as well.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

"Huh? I do?" Mercer raised his arm and sniffed his armpit. "You sure.....only smell gunpowder here.....and....*sniff*......."

Mercer lowered his arm and pulled his collar. "Maybe.....a bath is in order...?"

Off to the side, Mulvric sighed and pulled out some vials. "Heel miss....no biting yer friends, if ye wanna snack I got ye covered."
    Briefly, a set of heavy footfalls filled the medical area, Thump, Thump Thump, followed by the dull scraping of metal on metal from one end of the ward. kkkhhhhrrrrrrrr----hhhh~!

Dusting off a chair, Kinu, her masked face weeping with droplets that smelled acetone sweet, hunched beneath her coat, then slumped upon a seat parked between The Dragon and Mercer.

Leaning on the backrest, she swiveling to one side and laid her head down with a muffled snort as she watched the EN operative closely for a long, silent moment.

"...so," she grumbled, queasy still from the last night, "...still alive so far. But how do you feel?"
    Last edited by grampagen; 10-30-2020 at 03:45 PM.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Matthias observed and considered this before speaking, "There is one question I'm not sure that you would answer. A question about how this vaccine was made."
    "If we told you how you'd be even less inclined to use it...." Mulvric chortled. "....we're doing with an injection what the wildman take generations with eating mascots.....so the components are....exotic. Perhaps to our determent...considering how much we could produce is limited."

Leaning on the backrest, she swiveling to one side and laid her head down with a muffled snort as she watched the EN operative closely for a long, silent moment.

"...so," she grumbled, queasy still from the last night, "...still alive so far. But how do you feel?"
    "I feel fine....especially considering I slept on a guest bed last night after something locked me out of my own room..." Mercer grumbled but accused nobody. "But I'm not exactly feeling like a new man either...."

"Its not an unlikely scenerio....perhaps your too mundane for there to be any significant reaction." En commented, then waved her arms. "Not to say that your not an important and skilled member of the team of course...I mean more in a more metaphysical sense. I mean....the only result may very well be heightened resistance to ruin....we won't know for certain until we test the theory."

----

One by one, The doctor delivered her injections to the waiting patients. In Arx case the injector gun seemed to click harmlessly against the outside of her skin....forcing horo to, in a fit of unintelligibly swearing, fit what amounted to a drill bit just to get a proper injection through.

As each person received their injection, they would feel a sudden flush of heat throughout their body, intensifying into a near unbearable heat for but a moment before settling down within them....until only a warm feeling within their core remained.

Mundus Ascension
    Everyone gains a level of Mundus and and increase the cap of a stat by 50.

The injector flew from that Fennec Fox's hand in an instant. Kinu's head pounded already, and the veins in her temples had already swollen with the heat of excess that she hadn't so much as felt the needle pass through her skin as she sat there. She'd already been a hot mess, and the moment the Mundus hit her bloodstream, her vision seemed to fall away, and she heard nothing but the churning of her heart clapping upside her skull. The sweat pressed cold off her neck and shoulders, but her flesh burned silently from within with such intensity that she slumped over in uncharacteristic silence.

Her eyes shut tight behind her impassive mask, and in the darkness there, she saw that sight she'd seen many times in her dreams, it had long been burned into her memory. A ladder built with the bodies of the vanquished, reaching upward to that eternal place, calling.

If you'll stand beside me still, then I can call you a friend.
    A fellow Rising Star, flying to tomorrow.
    Watch me now, this is for all of us!
    With a sudden lurch, the Warrior of the Wasteland suddenly sprung up from her seat and stood flat with her back against the nearest wall. Breathing heavily, teal and red strands splayed against the slick surface of her white mask as a fire in her heart seemed to ignite.

"...you're right. Ain't feeling too much different," she said, affirming what Mercer said. "Still a long distance 'till the top brass."

Breathing with a shudder, suddenly she torqued her neck to each side with hollow pops as she straightened up and pumped her arms.

"...but I can feel it, yeah. The admins might've rigged the game, but I ain't plateaued."
    Last edited by grampagen; 10-30-2020 at 10:13 PM.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Dr. Doggo stabbed the needle of the injector into Xia's neck, subjecting her to the effects of this Mundus.

She hissed, followed by a long, hollow groan. The effects were immediate and significant. It felt like her insides were on fire, like someone took her organs and inside parts and literally set them over an open fire like takoyaki. Every second that passed, the heat only worsened. Sweat poured down her face like a broken faucet. She breathed in slowly, holding in the breath in hopes that the fresh air would somehow lower her body temperature enough to quell the overwhelming concerns that she was going to suddenly combust into a ball of human shaped flames.

Then, by the grace of some higher power that suddenly chose that exact moment to begin taking mercy on her, the heat subsided to a low ebb. It was still noticeable, but it wasn't like she was literally eating fire.

"That wasn't so bad," she lied. Much like Mercer and Kinu alleged, she didn't feel any different. She flexed her hands, balling and unballing them in an attempt to suss out any hidden difference.

There was none.

"Now what?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!