Page 76 of 79 FirstFirst ... 26667273747576777879 LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1171

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "It's a simple thing, really," Omu noted. "I'm real good at my job. Information gathering, killin' all quiet-like. At the end of the day, information and killin' is about all people want. 'specially the rich ones. Poison a rival here, catch someone doin' somethin' they ain't s'posed to there, it's all the same. Me and my crew do the job and then we get paid. And the whole time it's like we were never there..." Omu states slinking up into the ceiling and seeming to disappear within a scroll upon the ceiling...

...only for his voice to come from within the room "Such is the way, blahblahblah....Anyways, money'n'food is the goal. Corrallin' about among the people is jsut the best means."
    "Job?" Lately, Matthias has found his perception of the world not nearly as focused as he had thought. Perhaps, despite his best attempts to gain as much insight into what was going on around him, there was still much that he had been sheltered from. Or perhaps he has become a creature of habit, living a life that was comfortable for him but not much more than that. Either way, it was a shakeup that made him uneasy yet even more curious.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    “It was your attire. It is exotic and therefore foreign meaning you had to come from somewhere else. Given state of the world, somewhere else means outside or another city. The way you handle yourself, could tell.”

: Just observing.: “ Plus not all of us city folk are soft. Still tough jobs exist and everything. I worked as a farmer on the out skirts as a child, junk collector, construction, and so forth. Recently got management job and tried my hand with my hobby. Yeah, not all of uscc BBC are big babies who do nothing and leech off society.”
    Continuing to saw through the potato with a breadknife, Kinu carved its mealy flesh into oddly angled, starlike shapes.

"Well, well," she said, "sounds like someone's been wanderin' without a place to settle. Why's that?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “She is a bit more rambunctious than most from the city too. Speech patterns aren’t local either.”

Owen walks in, nodding.

“I followed my nose. A most impressive spread.”
    “ Indeed, good eye. Though you need one on your line of work, I guess.”

Acknowledging him and nods. “ She did good, I provided the potatoes I guess?” As that was his job while they toured.

"Brilliant observation Gumsh- hey wait a second! Who you callin' 'rambunctious' you--" she shot back, eyes darting over Owen's person, "...popgun-slinging..." yeah....yeah...! "...left-handed..." ...hey, what...? "...flatfoot?"

Silently, she dropped the potato slices into a vat of boiling chicken fat with a sharp hiss.

Got him.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Continuing to saw through the potato with a breadknife, Kinu carved its mealy flesh into oddly angled, starlike shapes.

"Well, well," she said, "sounds like someone's been wanderin' without a place to settle. Why's that?"

"Brilliant observation Gumsh- hey wait a second! Who you callin' 'rambunctious' you--" she shot back, eyes darting over Owen's person, "...popgun-slinging..." yeah....yeah...! "...left-handed..." ...hey, what...? "...flatfoot?"

Silently, she dropped the potato slices into a vat of boiling chicken fat with a sharp hiss.

Got him.
    Owen smiles.

“Pretty sure power driving someone through a glass ceiling is the textbook definition of ‘rambunctious’. I, meanwhile, am perfectly calm and not at all prone to bouts of foolish bravado and chivalry.”

He grins and gestures.

“Anything I can do to help?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

“ Poor. When your poor your border line outlander to “ Society.” But yeah, never really cared. Just had my hand trying to have a interesting life. Aside that yeah, my grandma died, found her diary on spells, still studying them. Tried my hand at writing. Although a certain Hell’s Brigade publishing always outdid me, so went back to the family business along with paper pushing. Despite desk job, train at least two hours a day. Anything else? I got stories to tell, if you got the time and interest.”

Retired Overlord

OOC: *Sorry for the hold up people, gonna move things ahead a bit now. If there is anything important that I missed and you need an response for tuff luck(Naww, just message me and I'll sub in a quick response to it.*

~~~

After more then an hour or so of hard work in the kitchens, the prepared food is transported from the galley and down to a large structure in the village below. By this time, Morgan has been discharged from the clinic with a cast and some faintly flower smelling herbal paste applied to her remaining wounds....and many of those who had been wandering the ship can been called in preparation for mealtime.

A large area had been set ground level, with many tables and chairs to accommodate the crowd of people both native to the village and refugee from the city. All over various locals made small talk with the refugees where they could, mostly in an effort to calm the ones still slightly off put by the situation....but also out of genuine curiosity. The food was kept inside, and plates were provided so each could take their fill and sit wherever they liked as long as they didn't stray far from the village. Refuges were giving first pickings, with the group that helped in the evacuation givin the first round....followed then by the locals and lastly Mercer and the En Staff.

The feast was enormous, and thought the selection of meat basically boiled down to a hundred varieties of Chicken and Pork...the vegetables were plentiful and seemingly self grown.

The welcome party lasted well into the night, and except for a few strange reactions to overly spiced chicken meat leaving at least 3 mildly stomach sick. one with a burned mouth and Mercer desperate for the recipe, everything had turned out fairly well. Rooms were provided for the refugees in the village and the group was provided rooms in the ship to stay in preparation for the next day.

~~~

Morning came sooner then expected, and the call came for the group to head to medical....it seemed the injections had been prepared, and the haste in En announcement emphasized there would be very little time to waste.

OOC: Since this hadn't come up in game, we can assume that he told everyone there to call him by his given name, Matthias, unless they are in a City.

The last twelve hours or so were filled with more food and socalizing than Matthias had ever experienced in his life. Several times he need to excuse himself to walk alone just to keep from feeling anxious. In truth, he was surprised at his reaction, but then again, there was little in his previuosu expereinces ot compare it to. Still, despite that, he enjoyed the food and the chance to talk to new people.

It was also nice for a change to, afterwards, be able to wash up like normal people do. He even managed to aquire some clean clothes.

Once morning came, he had a decison to make. Having been summoned to the Medical Section, he listened to the talk about the injections. Listened, but didn't rush into anything. Instead, he requested some assurance that the inejection was not going to cause untenable side-effects or other harm.

He has eaten well. He kept to himself mostly. There were those who were nice, he liked some of his crew mates. Latte that evening in his bunk he began drawing and writing his stuff. While he also only did a mediation sleep.

The next day in med bay he was there ready for his shots.

“ side effects be damned, there is a world that needs avenging.” Got filled in during the feast about this deal and honestly did not mind in the slightest.

He has eaten well. He kept to himself mostly. There were those who were nice, he liked some of his crew mates. Latte that evening in his bunk he began drawing and writing his stuff. While he also only did a mediation sleep.

The next day in med bay he was there ready for his shots.

“ side effects be damned, there is a world that needs avenging.” Got filled in during the feast about this deal and honestly did not mind in the slightest.
    "Then feel free to go first, my friend. For me, there is no sin in being cautious. After all, that is one of the ways that I have survived all these years."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Then feel free to go first, my friend. For me, there is no sin in being cautious. After all, that is one of the ways that I have survived all these years."
    "The only person who'll be going first is Mercer," Xia intoned from the corner. "He's apparently the leader, let him lead by example."

The feast yesterday was fine. Whoever prepared the chicken seriously overdid it with the spices, but other than that, she couldn't complain. She wasn't in much of a position to complain anyway. The training she partook in prior to that left her starving. The overall spread had everything she could want practically, and was prepared far better than she had managed at any point when she was on her own. Spices were in short supply on the street, especially when she was in a Center she shouldn't have been in. It wasn't a matter of simply walking into a store and dropping some money when she wasn't supposed to be there in the first place and the Authority was crawling all over the place. She made due at the time.

This time, there was more to her disposal. One of those days, she was going to make something more than strips of meat on an open fire. She was pretty sure that wasn't going to fly on that "battleship", anyway.

"If he lives and looks relatively normal, I'll go second."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

“ Just stating, I am willing to go. I honestly do not care either way.”

After everything and despite some of the positive, he still is bull rushing I to this. Was not strong enough to keep him out of a self destructive spiral. (. Despite the fact having no intent to ditch this one.)

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    OOC: *Sorry for the hold up people, gonna move things ahead a bit now. If there is anything important that I missed and you need an response for tuff luck(Naww, just message me and I'll sub in a quick response to it.*

~~~

After more then an hour or so of hard work in the kitchens, the prepared food is transported from the galley and down to a large structure in the village below. By this time, Morgan has been discharged from the clinic with a cast and some faintly flower smelling herbal paste applied to her remaining wounds....and many of those who had been wandering the ship can been called in preparation for mealtime.

A large area had been set ground level, with many tables and chairs to accommodate the crowd of people both native to the village and refugee from the city. All over various locals made small talk with the refugees where they could, mostly in an effort to calm the ones still slightly off put by the situation....but also out of genuine curiosity. The food was kept inside, and plates were provided so each could take their fill and sit wherever they liked as long as they didn't stray far from the village. Refuges were giving first pickings, with the group that helped in the evacuation givin the first round....followed then by the locals and lastly Mercer and the En Staff.

The feast was enormous, and thought the selection of meat basically boiled down to a hundred varieties of Chicken and Pork...the vegetables were plentiful and seemingly self grown.

The welcome party lasted well into the night, and except for a few strange reactions to overly spiced chicken meat leaving at least 3 mildly stomach sick. one with a burned mouth and Mercer desperate for the recipe, everything had turned out fairly well. Rooms were provided for the refugees in the village and the group was provided rooms in the ship to stay in preparation for the next day.
    The labours of the kitchen seemed to have concluded no sooner than Kinu's potatoes had finished frying in the pooled fat. After hoisting each of the roasts into some tinny vessel - it was Mulvric's idea, she would rather have eaten them straight - the heat of the oven which had been sweltering would have been welcome on that long lift-ride down to the settlement. The moment they'd set foot on solid ground, Kinu, jealously guarding the five fowl loosed and plucked from Dr. Horo's private reserve, snatched the lid off, and steam bolted into the cold night air.

The Grey Ghost said pull your weight. Logically, this being the produce of her own labours, meant this portion would be for her plate alone, as wekk as the rations she'd hauled into the wilderness from the slum bazaar earlier.

And yet, when confronted with the now homeless survivors of A-9, a deep frown set in her face. Turned loose from immediate doom, only to be marked a liability as they were betrayed by Admin overseers that wanted to make their mistakes disappear, now upended in a world they never asked for and starving...a bit of reticence stirred within her as she slid this contipution over, as she popped off a roasted pig's leg to crunch into.

It had been a long, long time since she last had a communal meal. Not since the sack of the Hallowed Halls, ferocious lunch for a bunch of limp-wrists with no technique, fuh-fuh-fuh. In time, Kinu had slaked her appetite with the large bowl of cubed chicken's blood, but it was the later moments when the drink began to flow freely that she'd relaxed enough to get into a celebratory mood; a celebration, naturally, of herself.

After downing a frothing tankard of foaming homebrew spirit that bit the tongue and stripped her palate dry, she slammed it down on a table and shouted into the night air to an audience who she could not tell were captivated or unnerved. But it didn't matter.

-and in the Swamps of Tsuba, the fang'd Unagi slithered there,
    I dove in the water, and seized on its collar,
    And drowned it in its lair!

Standing with her foot on the bench, she boisterously pat the taut, sunbleached scales adorning her left knee, took a swig of this makeshift beer, and struck it back upon the table, continuing to a steady, flat rhythm.

The plains of Western Wildlings, their feathered arms, their claws,
    They caught these hands, as the wind takes the sands,
    They took their whooping raw!

The song of Kinu the Great had shouted long into the night for what seemed like hours. From the driving of the horned grazers off cavernous cliffsides, to the seizure of the Baubled Belt of Brannigan, it was with the smell of the night air drifting in from the woods beyond the cliffside that she got a notion in her head. She'd announced her challenge to the Wild Tribesmen beyond the Inhibitor Field in the shadow of the Iron Giant. That they should know thet she was here.

And they were not ready.

Morning came sooner then expected, and the call came for the group to head to medical....it seemed the injections had been prepared, and the haste in En announcement emphasized there would be very little time to waste.
    With daybreak, on the other hand, Kinu the midnight scop swaggered in to medical on loopy steps, ceramic mask plastered onto her face under scraggled hair as she lurched in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "The only person who'll be going first is Mercer," Xia intoned from the corner. "He's apparently the leader, let him lead by example."

The feast yesterday was fine. Whoever prepared the chicken seriously overdid it with the spices, but other than that, she couldn't complain. She wasn't in much of a position to complain anyway. The training she partook in prior to that left her starving. The overall spread had everything she could want practically, and was prepared far better than she had managed at any point when she was on her own. Spices were in short supply on the street, especially when she was in a Center she shouldn't have been in. It wasn't a matter of simply walking into a store and dropping some money when she wasn't supposed to be there in the first place and the Authority was crawling all over the place. She made due at the time.

This time, there was more to her disposal. One of those days, she was going to make something more than strips of meat on an open fire. She was pretty sure that wasn't going to fly on that "battleship", anyway.

"If he lives and looks relatively normal, I'll go second."
    "...what the hell? You mean he still hasn't-" she leaned against the wall, a blob of mottled textures making her look like the melting headache she felt throughout her whole person.

"Mercer, quit being a pussy," she growled, "Take one like a true believer."
    Last edited by grampagen; 09-26-2020 at 09:16 PM.

Jacob is sitting down and eating his food. ( That damn doctor was no help. I'm going to have to rely on Lucifer is if I want to gain access to my repressed memories,) Jacob thought.

" Jacob, we still need to check out the Library, so finish up," Rhea said.

" Yeah, I know I saw you message back at the doc's office. You want to check to see if EN has any lore on werebeasts, specifically Werewolves. So why do you want to look up this lore anyway?" Jacob said.

" Because there's a story about a Werewolf who matches the description of your wife's killer!" Rhea said.

" What, are you serious?" Jacob said.

" Dead serious. There is a story about a man who completely matches the description of the man who killed your wife, Jacob," Rhea said.

The next morning Jacob is in the medical bay." Jacob, you still haven't gone to the Library yet." Rhea said.

" I know, I know. I'll do it when I have time, Rhea," Jacob said. Jacob then asks EN a question." En does this ship have any way to extract memories from people, such as myself?" Jacob said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 09-27-2020 at 03:32 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

"Cowards, the lot." Arx responded.

The Dragon looked a particular mess this morning, covered in soot, and smelling of gunpowder; but seemed fairly amused at the ribbing and indecision.

"Stick someone, already. I've got an... explosive deterrent, to finish."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

“I’m willing.”

Owen walks up, rolling up his sleeves.

“And I can save myself if things go bad with the injection.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Levin had already stripped down including gloves with scars and such. More than willing.

“ Get on with it. I got faith, and drive.” Still bull rushing I to this.