Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
Glancing over to Lucifer, Sigourney couldn't help but feel a small seed of bitterness being planted in her heart. These people weren't here to save them; most of them were just an afterthought, a bonus to recruitment as payment for "saving" them.

Now what? Was she supposed to gush out appreciations to these brave men? Devote her life to their cause like a good little child?

Fuck them and the Administratum.

Fate had dealt her a crappy hand and she had little choice but to make do with what she had... or did she? The memories were vague, but there was someone... no, something she could rely on, although it was hard to use such options if she didn't remember it. Taking in a deep breath and letting out a long, controlled exhale, Sigourney pushed down the hate and rage she felt. She had no plans to die in a dank cell, but she wasn't going to enlist in an terrorist group either; for now, though, she would follow the others until the chance to strike out on her own presented itself.
Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
"I'm not worried about the guards."

A lot of things weren't making sense, and the few things that were had potential implications he was certain he didn't care to see realized - one way or another.

"And while following you is tempting, especially if what you've said about the Administratum's intentions and plans are true, I'm not sure the optics of that are worth the supposed benefits - not without a clearer view of the situation. So I'm going to go and see what's going on for myself. If I like what I see, then you and your friends will have as much of my time - and assistance- as I can give. Otherwise..."

Lucifer's body and voice faded in unision as he left, leaving what was- or at least, what should be- self-evident unsaid.
".....Ok..." The lanky rebel raised an eyebrow. ".......well, long as he's ok wandering around...."

The larger one nodded.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
"That," she said. "is Obvious."

But before they could utter another word, there was the sound of something striking human flesh followed by a thud.

She whirled around to see the newcomers enter the room. No introductions were made, but a dialogue began.

Estrid let Mr. Radiare do the talking as one of the men explained their situation and offered them a way out in exchange for their time.

There wasn't time to plan ahead, and their offer sounded questionable. She needed time to think, and discuss with the others.

Mr. Radiare seemed to have the same misgivings, for he used what she could only guess was magic and started to fade away. There was barely a moment to process this before he vanished entirely from sight.

With raised eyebrows, she turned away from where Mr. Radiare was standing just a moment ago to address their would be rescuers.

"Lead the way then.".

And she would follow them, for now.
"You got it miss.....This way, main terminal area is the safest place at the moment." The Lanky begins waving each one out in turn, giving each a brief look over, throwing some small talk in to ward the mounting stress that he seemed to be expressing if the sweat on his brow was any indication. His more chunky accomplice merely stood quietly to the side with his arms crossed and observed each.

"Damn..." The lanky man eyed Sigourney and seemed to frown. "....they get away with arresting anyone these days....poor kid looks like she hasn't eaten in a week."

"Prob hasn't.....A-9 wasn't a good place to live." The heavy mutters.

"Neither is A-11....Hey...owow...ow hey stop!" Lanky had to take a step back to fend off the slapping hands of the old lady as he led her out into the hall.