Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
"If we told you how you'd be even less inclined to use it...." Mulvric chortled. "....we're doing with an injection what the wildman take generations with eating mascots.....so the components are....exotic. Perhaps to our determent...considering how much we could produce is limited."

"I feel fine....especially considering I slept on a guest bed last night after something locked me out of my own room..." Mercer grumbled but accused nobody. "But I'm not exactly feeling like a new man either...."

"Its not an unlikely scenerio....perhaps your too mundane for there to be any significant reaction." En commented, then waved her arms. "Not to say that your not an important and skilled member of the team of course...I mean more in a more metaphysical sense. I mean....the only result may very well be heightened resistance to ruin....we won't know for certain until we test the theory."

----

One by one, The doctor delivered her injections to the waiting patients. In Arx case the injector gun seemed to click harmlessly against the outside of her skin....forcing horo to, in a fit of unintelligibly swearing, fit what amounted to a drill bit just to get a proper injection through.

As each person received their injection, they would feel a sudden flush of heat throughout their body, intensifying into a near unbearable heat for but a moment before settling down within them....until only a warm feeling within their core remained.

Mundus Ascension
Everyone gains a level of Mundus and and increase the cap of a stat by 50.
"Life isn't without risks" Mattias replied, then stepped up for his injection.

At first there was nothing, then suddenly he felt it, and along with the intense heat a desire to strip off his clothes. A desire, fortunately, he held in check.

Moving over to the side and leaning against a wall with one hand, his eyes closed, he waited it out. Once the pain was gone, he opened his eyes again and took a deep breath. His heart was racing, but he could feel the beats within slowing down to a normal rate.

Looking back at the doctor, "Is this what is meant by 'the cure is worse than the disease'?", he said with a touch of snark in his voice.