Page 15 of 79 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    "It seems like you've returned to your senses. I'd refrained from asking you this since earlier, since you appeared to be in distress, but do you have any recollection of events leading up to boarding the ship? Did you board with your family? We're approaching the terminal area now, so you may want to look for them."

She kept her pace with the others, but the fatigue was starting to set in. If she didn't find a more advantageous position soon, someone else would have to take over the task of keeping them safe.

As their would be rescuers bickered among each other, they came outside to the main area where the civilians were gathered. Everyone was looking upwards. High above, on the fragile glass were figures engaged in a standoff.
    "I don't remember," She added, numbly. The stress of not knowing how her family was doing was eating at her, but breaking down right now wouldn't help herself or the others.

As for coming to her senses, the girl stayed quiet, not wanting to pry into her thoughts at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Wait.....Who the hell sent a civilian hunting for the boss!?" Ange frowned. "Cause I did no such thing."

There was an ackward silence from the nearby rebels...and like the ninja, Lanky faded into non existence behind Sig.

"Its ok....Saint kept him safe." En answered. ".....I'll keep those funds on hold then, we may need your service in the immediate future.....still, could you be more specific? Prison Level? Wing? Just in case it isn't so simple as walking out..."
    "North wing, take the elevator down to level 3. That is, unless he went treasure hunting, in that case, he's probably heading for the storage room where they keep the confiscated weapons." Saint replied, then turned slightly and pointed in the direction they came from, then looked back, "I'd have gone there myself," he shrugged, then rationalized, "though taking other people's property without their permission never works out well for me anyway."
    Last edited by Tami; 07-13-2020 at 05:00 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Liquid magic?" The possibilities.

The assault rifle was angled in his direction, though the dragon remained impassive. "Explain."
    "Plenty of time to explain later if its something your interested in....hard to do a proper engineering class in the middle of a prison." Mulvric explained. "Also gives me something to pay you back with....I guess, seeing as how I'm countin on your help a bit longer.....fair?"

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Context, please," Sigourney asked, her anger cooling in the face of uncertainty of what she was seeing, "Which one of them are we supposed to care about and which one is the "bad guy"?"

~ A few moments earlier ~
    "The hell should I know.....Well, That's the Grey Ghost up there. She's on our side..." Lanky pointed. "...no...not the one with the mask.....the one.....wait is that mercer? No the guy in the chokehold....he's on our side......and the one with the red hair is grey ghost....and now she's in a choke hold and......oh...."

*Smash*

Selmas wanderings brought her within hearing distance of a loud crashing of glass and many voices. Though no signs were around to point the way....she could be sure there was a large group of people nearby.
    At the sound Selma jumped slightly at the crashing of glass. Taking a calming breath, she looked around and grabbed a piece of debris from all the mayhem and began transfiguring it into a kukri. Selma then began slowly making her way toward the location of the voices, using her Sixth Sense to make sure noone was about to jump her as she moved.

"Alright luck, please be with me and don't have this be a bunch of lunatics who'll attack me. Or worse, witches looking for scapegoats in regards to what's going on here." Selma muttered as she carefully made her way closer, staying close to the shadows in case she needed to Shadow Sneak.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

~ A few moments earlier ~
    "The hell should I know.....Well, That's the Grey Ghost up there. She's on our side..." Lanky pointed. "...no...not the one with the mask.....the one.....wait is that mercer? No the guy in the chokehold....he's on our side......and the one with the red hair is grey ghost....and now she's in a choke hold and......oh...."

*Smash*
    "... so your own side is fighting itself?"

She groaned to herself, resting her face in her hands where she mumbled, "... what a clown show..." Huffing out a sigh, Sigourney confidently reached heavenward with one hand although confusion immediately crossed her face. Just what was she reaching for? The question itself drudged forth a memory hazed in red.

"Citizens of A-9, you have brought Ruin upon yourselves!"
    A fresh wave of rage ignited her blood to a boil. Somewhere, obscured by the haze, was the knowledge that she had something, she just needed an enemy.

"Plenty of time to explain later if its something your interested in....hard to do a proper engineering class in the middle of a prison." Mulvric explained. "Also gives me something to pay you back with....I guess, seeing as how I'm countin on your help a bit longer.....fair?"
    The woman grunted, before gesturing towards the 'exit' with the rifle. "Move."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " The name means The Coco Man, the word Coco refers to the skull. The name comes from a legendary Bogeyman of folklore that takes out his victims and leaves no trace. It's said in the folklore, that the last thing anyone sees when the creature gets them is it's glowing red eyes," Jacob said.
    "So, wait... A thing like that you want people to call you by? Wouldn't that normally be a name you try to avoid? I mean, unless you like people making the comparison, which... actually probably isn't the oddest thing I've heard- probably not even the oddest thing I've heard today. But it's still rather strange. I'd ask how you managed to get such a name for yourself, but I'd imagine the origin of even code names can be as valuable as one's actual name. Right, Saint?"

"Truth be told," Lucifer managed after a while, "I kinda I sent myself after your boss. Admittedly not the best idea at even the best of times, but once I figured your group were putting in too much effort to get what ultimately were unrelated people out for their-" He paused briefly to precisely point out Heavy and Lanky "-sentiments to be faked, I figured I'd at least bring back the information you were looking for. Of course, several lapses of judgement on my part meant that I felt it wasn't likely that anyone here would believe what I said without undeniable proof, and so I made yet another bad judgement call and decided to go see the man in person. That... didn't quite work out, though perhaps this might if you intend to go back down there."

While still speaking, Lucifer's hands moved to the classic psychic power position as he began to focus on what he saw during his investigation, his trip down to the prison, and his return trip up to where they were now, gathering those memories and encoding a copy of them into the crystal forming in his left hand.

"The guard's exact positions are almost certainly out of date by now but this should have accurate enough information on everything else I saw between here and where you want to go. Assuming you have a machine or a psychic to read it, that is."
    Last edited by Noldere; 07-13-2020 at 06:20 PM.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    "So, wait... A thing like that you want people to call you by? Wouldn't that normally be a name you try to avoid? I mean, unless you like people making the comparison, which... actually probably isn't the oddest thing I've heard- probably not even the oddest thing I've heard today. But it's still rather strange. I'd ask how you managed to get such a name for yourself, but I'd imagine the origin of even code names can be as valuable as one's actual name. Right, Saint?"
    "Less valuable, but usually far more meaningful. Except for the amateurs who choose their own codenames out of arrogance or misdirection."

"Truth be told," Lucifer managed after a while, "I kinda I sent myself after your boss. Admittedly not the best idea at even the best of times, but once I figured your group were putting in too much effort to get what ultimately were unrelated people out for their-" He paused briefly to precisely point out Heavy and Lanky "-sentiments to be faked, I figured I'd at least bring back the information you were looking for. Of course, several lapses of judgement on my part meant that I felt it wasn't likely that anyone here would believe what I said without undeniable proof, and so I made yet another bad judgement call and decided to go see the man in person. That... didn't quite work out, though perhaps this might if you intend to go back down there."

While still speaking, Lucifer's hands moved to the classic psychic power position as he began to focus on what he saw during his investigation, his trip down to the prison, and his return trip up to where they were now, gathering those memories and encoding a copy of them into the crystal forming in his left hand.

"The guard's exact positions are almost certainly out of date by now but this should have accurate enough information on everything else I saw between here and where you want to go. Assuming you have a machine or a psychic to read it, that is."
    "From what I have seen, by now all the guards in that cell block are dead. There are two women," Matthias, adding a warning note, "who appeared to have done most or all of the killing. One with dark hair, the other with the appearance of a dragon. I recommend that you approach them both with caution."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

" I can't tell you the origin of how I got the name, but I can give you a clue. It involves a group of professional assassins," Jacob said.

" Good, So those two can't see me. Figures as much only Jacob who I have a link with or ones with mediumship can see and communicate with me," Rhea said telepathically.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

~ Skyport Detention Block ~

As Mathias, Lucifer and Jacob secured their own path back to the terminal, Mulvric finished fiddling with the prison panel...pulling a small vial of luminous blue fluid from an injector. "....Huh....low grade huh....suppose its better den nuthin." Mulvric paused, then lifted up his shirt with his free hand.

Underneath, fused directly with his skin, with a metallic plate that took up the left side of his chest area....and smaller streaks travelling up his arm. With a grunt he fitted the vial, then lowered his shirt once more.

"Well..,..I guess the guard would know better then us on how to get out of this place, even if it didn't help em....That being said, I saw a storage area for prisoner arms when they carted me in from above. Ya'll might wanna pick up some spares.....the going from here ain't gonna be a walk in the park."

She spared a side glance to Arx, then to the others. "I only just met you people....but til we get outta here, I suppose we're walkin on common grounds. Like it or hate it.....our odds are better together. What say we bid this hole a less then fond farewell."

---

~Skyport Main Terminal ~

Kinu, Mercer and Ange came crashing through the skylight.....marking the second time someone had fallen through the roof today. This one however, ended without corpses. They were followed quickly by a alchemist performing a super hero landing and an older man floating down with an umbrella, electing confused wows from the citizens.....and one voice somewhere in the background proclaiming "Its Mary Poppins!"

While Ange devolved into a myriad of curses and Mercer simply laid on his back for a minute staring up and wondering why he even got out of bed today.....EN responded to Kinu over the radio. "Uhh....right.....as long as nobody is hurt.......*ahem*.....recon tells me Detention level one is clear....so you may want to pick up at le.."

...Just then, Mathias appeared with the others.
    Standing up from the small hill of shattered glass, The Warrior of the Wasteland fanned out a sleeve, and several shards skipped across the Skyport linoleum ground. And when Owen and Levin - whether the rose-scented falconer on the roof joined them was a matter of opinion, at this point - regrouped behind her, she shrugged her shoulders with the greatest of ease as the soot-covered fur lines slipped below them.

Magicians, huh? Well, I've put over worse. Standing before the astonished - more likely, aghast - crowd of 11's and 9ers, she flashed her hands out to the side as she walked over Ange and Mercer as yet more glass rattled onto the floor around her. Loudly coloured boots trampled ahead, carrying a mismatched set of strapped up top and gartered trunks as Kinu marched forward in a display of bizarre pageantry to the rhythm of near silence in the terminal.

They want a work, but I ain't a bit player, oh no.

Ears perking, Ange hopped to her feet. "Word on Mulvric....Did you....huh?" Getting a better look, Ange raised an eyebrow. "Saint huh....the hell are you doing here......trying to preempt your next payday? Not that it matters I suppose...."

"Hello Saint." En also chimed in from the radio. "If you could be so kind as to deliver the info to my friend here....we can start looking towards picking our friend up and getting you all out. I'll get the usual payment ready once everyone is out and safe...sound good?"
    "Wait.....Who the hell sent a civilian hunting for the boss!?" Ange frowned. "Cause I did no such thing."

There was an ackward silence from the nearby rebels...and like the ninja, Lanky faded into non existence behind Sig.

"Its ok....Saint kept him safe." En answered. ".....I'll keep those funds on hold then, we may need your service in the immediate future.....still, could you be more specific? Prison Level? Wing? Just in case it isn't so simple as walking out..."
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    He then sighed, he glows a brief blue and leaps down the new broken path, as his landing took place, his pants ripped at the leg to hunt muscle.

“ Great.” As he still had his gloves, other clothes intact and still had magic tricks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Owen startles, but jumps after Kinu and the others, using his psychokinesis to leap carefully down.

“What’s the plan then? We need to make sure no innocents are caught up anymore.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "North wing, take the elevator down to level 3. That is, unless he went treasure hunting, in that case, he's probably heading for the storage room where they keep the confiscated weapons." Saint replied, then turned slightly and pointed in the direction they came from, then looked back, "I'd have gone there myself," he shrugged, then rationalized, "though taking other people's property without their permission never works out well for me anyway."
    The Alchemist followed her flying leap, but soon found he wasn't dressed for this kind of action. Not bad, for a first-time. Wonder what else you got?

The Private Eye, however, spoke immediately to the bigger picture, which with En's chatter over the radio and Ange's fervent disagreement...actually seemed rather prudent. ...oh, right.

In a matter of speaking, their well-being was of a...penultimate concern, at least, for Kinu as well. Specifically in the manner of getting them over.

And then this fellow they called The Saint appeared. Apparently E.N. - huh, turns out the guy's name is Mulvric? - had different designs, as he laid out the situation.

Turning about face and nodding to the onlookers in the crowd, she began to pace in a semicircle to address them, the people of the Urban Centres...and En herself on the other line of the radio comm as she bellowed through her mask.

"The E. N. crammed you all in here, am I right? Got you all caught up in their business when they were supposed to take the fight to the head bitch in charge? And who got the first lead on where they were going?"

A mischievous glint peeped out from Kinu's mask as she leered at Ange. "Sounds like amateur hour is over, Gee-gee," she said, "you're gonna need to red-step that popgun somewhere else if you wanna get the job done right. "

With all that The Saint relaid, Kinu, confident in a course, then slapped Owen firmly on the back. "There's our man down on level three. Time to see if the En Nation can put up, or if they should shut up. You all know the Truth, A-9, the Admins punched you a one-way ticket over here! But the real question is, if Mulvric's got the receipts?"

Bowing her head down, Kinu fell into a crouch as she continued to holler into the talkie.

"That's right, E. N.! I'm gonna go down to the sublevel of Superjail to lay the smackdown on the Warden, and pull Mulvric's magician ass up here, and blast off at th Aerozeppelin Skyport! You're not ready, Gee-Gee ain't ready, nobody is ready for this can of Administratum Whoopass. And if your man's good for it, he can give the A-11 the 411."

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

"From what I have seen, by now all the guards in that cell block are dead. There are two women," Matthias, adding a warning note, "who appeared to have done most or all of the killing. One with dark hair, the other with the appearance of a dragon. I recommend that you approach them both with caution."
    Before she even heard much of The Saint's warning, Kinu had already punched the call button of the lift down.

"Easy. Peasy."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Standing up from the small hill of shattered glass, The Warrior of the Wasteland fanned out a sleeve, and several shards skipped across the Skyport linoleum ground. And when Owen and Levin - whether the rose-scented falconer on the roof joined them was a matter of opinion, at this point - regrouped behind her, she shrugged her shoulders with the greatest of ease as the soot-covered fur lines slipped below them.

Magicians, huh? Well, I've put over worse. Standing before the astonished - more likely, aghast - crowd of 11's and 9ers, she flashed her hands out to the side as she walked over Ange and Mercer as yet more glass rattled onto the floor around her. Loudly coloured boots trampled ahead, carrying a mismatched set of strapped up top and gartered trunks as Kinu marched forward in a display of bizarre pageantry to the rhythm of near silence in the terminal.

They want a work, but I ain't a bit player, oh no.

The Alchemist followed her flying leap, but soon found he wasn't dressed for this kind of action. Not bad, for a first-time. Wonder what else you got?

The Private Eye, however, spoke immediately to the bigger picture, which with En's chatter over the radio and Ange's fervent disagreement...actually seemed rather prudent. ...oh, right.

In a matter of speaking, their well-being was of a...penultimate concern, at least, for Kinu as well. Specifically in the manner of getting them over.

And then this fellow they called The Saint appeared. Apparently E.N. - huh, turns out the guy's name is Mulvric? - had different designs, as he laid out the situation.

Turning about face and nodding to the onlookers in the crowd, she began to pace in a semicircle to address them, the people of the Urban Centres...and En herself on the other line of the radio comm as she bellowed through her mask.

"The E. N. crammed you all in here, am I right? Got you all caught up in their business when they were supposed to take the fight to the head bitch in charge? And who got the first lead on where they were going?"

A mischievous glint peeped out from Kinu's mask as she leered at Ange. "Sounds like amateur hour is over, Gee-gee," she said, "you're gonna need to red-step that popgun somewhere else if you wanna get the job done right. "

With all that The Saint relaid, Kinu, confident in a course, then slapped Owen firmly on the back. "There's our man down on level three. Time to see if the En Nation can put up, or if they should shut up. You all know the Truth, A-9, the Admins punched you a one-way ticket over here! But the real question is, if Mulvric's got the receipts?"

Bowing her head down, Kinu fell into a crouch as she continued to holler into the talkie.

"That's right, E. N.! I'm gonna go down to the sublevel of Superjail to lay the smackdown on the Warden, and pull Mulvric's magician ass up here, and blast off at th Aerozeppelin Skyport! You're not ready, Gee-Gee ain't ready, nobody is ready for this can of Administratum Whoopass. And if your man's good for it, he can give the A-11 the 411."

Before she even heard much of The Saint's warning, Kinu had already punched the call button of the lift down.

"Easy. Peasy."
    Owen stare slightly, a startled chuckle escaping his lips.

“Oh lord.”

He adjusts his hat, regrips the umbrella, and then flares his Odin’s Eye to make sure no surprises erupt from the elevator or nearby.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Retired Overlord

"Tragically, the only ones equipped to read that are me and Mulvric." En responded with disappointment. ".....You risked yourself for that information.....and I wish we were in a position to utilize it better, but we'll need to rely on your memory in another way."

"Easy. Peasy."
    Owen stare slightly, a startled chuckle escaping his lips.

“Oh lord.”

He adjusts his hat, regrips the umbrella, and then flares his Odin’s Eye to make sure no surprises erupt from the elevator or nearby.
    Owen doesn't detect anything from the acending elevator....however he faintly catches something in the immediate area, something strong.

".....aha....eh....?" En sounded confused in response to Kinus speech. "I....I didn't understand any of that but you sound fired up......a...actually I'm kinda fired up too..." En voice seemed a tad more hopeful. "Ok....Ok we can do this. Drop off a team to pick up Mulvric on level 3, but don't waste time hunting down anyone....get in and get out. Our goal will be to get as many people as we can down to level 7, there is a Maintenance access that connects to some sub level sewers and then into the slums. We have a couple more minutes before I have to disconnect from the system...so we're going to lose radio contact soon. Ange and Mercer will take point after that."

With a ding, the empty elevator opened.

Power flares once again in Owens mind.....something is drawing closer.

Retired Overlord

Passing by an elevator that seemed to be heading to the surface level, the prison group arrives at the prisoner storage chamber.

Though the chamber has mostly junk, important items from most of the prisoners are held in tagged lockers...Xias weapons and items among them.

Also a large crate marked with "Omu" that seemed to contain an over-sized novelty hookah.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

"Tragically, the only ones equipped to read that are me and Mulvric." En responded with disappointment. ".....You risked yourself for that information.....and I wish we were in a position to utilize it better, but we'll need to rely on your memory in another way."

Owen doesn't detect anything from the acending elevator....however he faintly catches something in the immediate area, something strong.

".....aha....eh....?" En sounded confused in response to Kinus speech. "I....I didn't understand any of that but you sound fired up......a...actually I'm kinda fired up too..." En voice seemed a tad more hopeful. "Ok....Ok we can do this. Drop off a team to pick up Mulvric on level 3, but don't waste time hunting down anyone....get in and get out. Our goal will be to get as many people as we can down to level 7, there is a Maintenance access that connects to some sub level sewers and then into the slums. We have a couple more minutes before I have to disconnect from the system...so we're going to lose radio contact soon. Ange and Mercer will take point after that."

With a ding, the empty elevator opened.

Power flares once again in Owens mind.....something is drawing closer.
    Using Identify alongside his Odin’s Eye, Owen looks around.

“Something is coming. It’s getting closer.”

His hand drifts to his hidden revolver.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM