Page 56 of 79 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    After checking the mark on under his right arm one more time, Jacob puts his shirt and coat back on. In that brief moment, anyone on the right side of Jacob could have seen the mark under his right arm.
    Xia glanced at the crazy man and noticed the mark under his arm. "Nice tramp stamp," she commented dryly.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Melon God View Post
    Morgen coughed and wheezed into her own shoulder. "Not to... be dramatic... but I wish I were dead," she replied in her first genuinely true answer since the day had started. "... that doesn't count as permission... to take a bite out of me, by the way..."
    "Please....your not that soft." Ange muttered. "You'll live....I'll make sure of it."

"Yo!" Mercer waved his hand up ahead. "Women and children first, single file please....but pushing, no loud noises. Should only be a short trip."

"This is the worse taxi service I ever seen..." The old lady slapped Mercer with her cane as she passed. "...never did so much walkin....my poor hips...."

"Come on claire..." The older of the two sisters took her smaller one by the hand and led her after them, with the civilians soon following. Soon....it was just the group, and mercer waved them through as well.

The tunnel was wide enough to accommodate the bigger members of the group, but just barely. It also explained why the moving was so slow to begin with. Every so often the group would see a light set up, or a device sticking out of the wall that looks similar to the explosives mercer had on his table....likely a fallback plan in case the tunnel was discovered.

Remaining in the rear, Matthias let the others move into the tunnel first before he followed them. All the while, he kept his sense on alert, just in case something or someone tried to follow them through.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Xia glanced at the crazy man and noticed the mark under his arm. "Nice tramp stamp," she commented dryly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Remaining in the rear, Matthias let the others move into the tunnel first before he followed them. All the while, he kept his sense on alert, just in case something or someone tried to follow them through.

Jacob just shrugs his shoulders at the comment then moves through the tunnel. Rhea, who is with, Jacob makes a message while going through the tunnel. That reads, Hello, my name is Rhea. I will be joining you all, as I will be accompanied, Jacob.

Since I'm his spirit animal, and at least two of you already know about my existence ,and my connection with Jacob.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Jacob just shrugs his shoulders at the comment then moves through the tunnel. Rhea, who is with, Jacob makes a message while going through the tunnel. That reads, Hello, my name is Rhea. I will be joining you all, as I will be accompanied, Jacob.

Since I'm his spirit animal, and at least two of you already know about my existence ,and my connection with Jacob.
    "Am I fucking high?" Xia muttered. She saw the writing on the wall and all, but...what? Was someone playing some kind of joke? At this point, when they were being pursued by some very powerful enemies? If it was a joke, whoever was responsible was asking to get their ass kicked.

"Who the hell is Jacob?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Am I fucking high?" Xia muttered. She saw the writing on the wall and all, but...what? Was someone playing some kind of joke? At this point, when they were being pursued by some very powerful enemies? If it was a joke, whoever was responsible was asking to get their ass kicked.

"Who the hell is Jacob?"
    Mathias was close enough to see what was going on. Pointing to him, "That's Jacob." He noticed the writing, "So this is who he's been talking to, Rhea?"

"Hey, Jacob, the first rule of moving through these tunnels is not to leave a trail. If it is you, or someone you are with, please stop. You do not want to have anyone know we were ever here."

Mathias was close enough to see what was going on. Pointing to him, "That's Jacob." He noticed the writing, "So this is who he's been talking to, Rhea?"

"Hey, Jacob, the first rule of moving through these tunnels is not to leave a trail. If it is you, or someone you are with, please stop. You do not want to have anyone know we were ever here."
    Jacob raises his right hand," I'm Jacob and, my spirit animal seems to want to get people to notice it. However, I don't think this is the best method or time to doing so. Rhea, stop that you can have your presence known later," Jacob said.

Rhea stops what she's doing. " Fine," Rhea said.

" Hmmph, you sound like my wife just now with that comment, Rhea," Jacob said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Jacob raises his right hand," I'm Jacob and, my spirit animal seems to want to get people to notice it. However, I don't think this is the best method or time to doing so. Rhea, stop that you can have your presence known later," Jacob said.

Matthias uses his telekinesis to erase the markings on the wall, while being careful to not leave any trace of it as he did.

Matthias uses his telekinesis to erase the markings on the wall, while being careful to not leave any trace of it as he did.
    Xia just shook her head. "Fucking ghosts." She forgot whatever was left the booze back at the bunker. "Not sober enough to deal with this ****."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Please....your not that soft." Ange muttered. "You'll live....I'll make sure of it."

"Yo!" Mercer waved his hand up ahead. "Women and children first, single file please....but pushing, no loud noises. Should only be a short trip."

"This is the worse taxi service I ever seen..." The old lady slapped Mercer with her cane as she passed. "...never did so much walkin....my poor hips...."

"Come on claire..." The older of the two sisters took her smaller one by the hand and led her after them, with the civilians soon following. Soon....it was just the group, and mercer waved them through as well.

The tunnel was wide enough to accommodate the bigger members of the group, but just barely. It also explained why the moving was so slow to begin with. Every so often the group would see a light set up, or a device sticking out of the wall that looks similar to the explosives mercer had on his table....likely a fallback plan in case the tunnel was discovered.
    "Hmm..."

Quite the tight predicament for the A-9 crowd, now wasn't it? Become a number on an admin chart, or risk it all? Other than the light offered by the EN, it was dark and the air was stale.

As they moved further along the tunnel, Kinu's mask pored over the ceiling, and idly she reached up and passed her hand through the hanging tendrils on the ceiling.

Roots, perhaps?

Up ahead he could hear Mercer prompting the group ahead. Seems that he turned out to be alright after all.

Hope he doesn't develop another case of the butterfingers.

Every so often on a leg of this little undergroudn hike, the blinking lights set on the charges that lined this narrow corridor was a stark reminder of what happened the previous day.

: Just stepping along, nice and quiet like. Making note of the tight situation and the darkness.:

: Jacob making himself a target, for now just observing and staying focused. A lot can go wrong down here and they all get buried beneath the Earth.:

Retired Overlord

After what seems like an eternity of travel through the tunnel, the group finally emerges into a canopied area of trees, behind them Mercer does one last check for anyone before closing the tunnel and covering it over with foliage.

Different from the straight path through the earth, the terrain outside was wild, untamed and, frustratingly, without a marked path. The En Crowd seemed to at least have some idea of where they were going, making regular check ins with HQ for the status of their path to avoid the more impassable land routes and other threats. To the people who had experience traveling outside the safe havens, the going was bad...but not terrible, nowhere near as bad as it could be.

To those who had never stepped foot into this "World of Ruin" however, the experience was.....alien.

Most people lived their entires lives within the Urban Centers, where clean parks, gardens and rimmed lawns were the norm for the higher class....and muddy slums were for the lower. Every bit of land was precious, and treated as its own resource to covet and control....

...But outside, it all belonged to Nature.

It took them 20 minutes of walking through trees, with only shafts of light piecing the roof of dark green keeping them from stumbling in the dark, before they emerged into the bright orange light of a setting sun behind them. The city was still visible, the conflux tower pointing to the sky like a proclamation of civilization....but only the walls could be seen at this distance. They were moving east....away from it, and further into the wilds.

Towering trees, green meadows, the occasion signs of animals were dispersed between more ancient sights......more then once the movements of some large thing in the distance were heard, ruins of human origin lay gutted and abandoned for ages....poking out under the cover of distant trees, only visible as the last dregs of sunlight filtered over them. Soon not even the landmarks were visible as the sky grew darker and darker.

Soon they were descending downhill through some more thick trees cover, at this point Mercer and the others had to break out torches to keep the path lit.

It was around this time that the group would begin feeling something...unusual. There was something in the air, a sort of muting effect. Those with magic powers would find them less effective, or dampened entirely....same with enhanced senses. Ange, who had been carrying Morgan while using her skill seemed to realize the power dampening and seemed both re leaved and slightly annoyed. "No need to be alarmed.....our HQ has a dampening field around it. Makes it difficult to locate and in the off chance the admins every find us the side effect of it means we could fight them on an even footing....for a time."

Then....not a few minutes later. Then stepped out in an open area.

Held in place by rocks, and overgrown with jungle like trees, was a massive metallic vessel unlike anything the majority of them had ever seen before. There was no indication of how it had managed to get where it now rested, but all around it small buildings, huts, ladders and hanging structures had been attached. It appeared as though work had been done to multiple parts over the course of many years.....and a village of sorts had been built up below, around and on top of it. Several attempts were seemingly ongoing in keeping the thing intact and supported.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    After what seems like an eternity of travel through the tunnel, the group finally emerges into a canopied area of trees, behind them Mercer does one last check for anyone before closing the tunnel and covering it over with foliage.

Different from the straight path through the earth, the terrain outside was wild, untamed and, frustratingly, without a marked path. The En Crowd seemed to at least have some idea of where they were going, making regular check ins with HQ for the status of their path to avoid the more impassable land routes and other threats. To the people who had experience traveling outside the safe havens, the going was bad...but not terrible, nowhere near as bad as it could be.

To those who had never stepped foot into this "World of Ruin" however, the experience was.....alien.

Most people lived their entires lives within the Urban Centers, where clean parks, gardens and rimmed lawns were the norm for the higher class....and muddy slums were for the lower. Every bit of land was precious, and treated as its own resource to covet and control....

...But outside, it all belonged to Nature.

It took them 20 minutes of walking through trees, with only shafts of light piecing the roof of dark green keeping them from stumbling in the dark, before they emerged into the bright orange light of a setting sun behind them. The city was still visible, the conflux tower pointing to the sky like a proclamation of civilization....but only the walls could be seen at this distance. They were moving east....away from it, and further into the wilds.

Towering trees, green meadows, the occasion signs of animals were dispersed between more ancient sights......more then once the movements of some large thing in the distance were heard, ruins of human origin lay gutted and abandoned for ages....poking out under the cover of distant trees, only visible as the last dregs of sunlight filtered over them. Soon not even the landmarks were visible as the sky grew darker and darker.

Soon they were descending downhill through some more thick trees cover, at this point Mercer and the others had to break out torches to keep the path lit.

It was around this time that the group would begin feeling something...unusual. There was something in the air, a sort of muting effect. Those with magic powers would find them less effective, or dampened entirely....same with enhanced senses. Ange, who had been carrying Morgan while using her skill seemed to realize the power dampening and seemed both re leaved and slightly annoyed. "No need to be alarmed.....our HQ has a dampening field around it. Makes it difficult to locate and in the off chance the admins every find us the side effect of it means we could fight them on an even footing....for a time."

Then....not a few minutes later. Then stepped out in an open area.

Held in place by rocks, and overgrown with jungle like trees, was a massive metallic vessel unlike anything the majority of them had ever seen before. There was no indication of how it had managed to get where it now rested, but all around it small buildings, huts, ladders and hanging structures had been attached. It appeared as though work had been done to multiple parts over the course of many years.....and a village of sorts had been built up below, around and on top of it. Several attempts were seemingly ongoing in keeping the thing intact and supported.
    Upon seeing it, Matthias pauses to take it all in. It's been years since he last saw this massive ship, though only from a distance. He then looked over at Ange, as if seeking permission to continue.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Owen pauses and stared, eyes roving over the ancient battleship.

Amazing.

He had obviously never seen one in person, but he’d read enough and spoken to enough older people to listen to stories that had been passed down. Long ago massive ships had sailed the waters of the world, and before him lays one.

He grins and gazes at it with all his senses, Keen Eye and Identify roving over it.

OT: Is there a name Owen can see, Sandy?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Ah, the smell of wild woods! After her time slumming in the underbelly of A-11, this was a return to form. Pausing for a moment, Kinu removed her mask for a moment, and the sharp scent of cedar in the night air struck the stagnant air of civilization from her being as she breathed deeply.

"So they went underneath," she mused aloud. "Clever. Risky, but clever."

It figured that the only place in the Administrative Zones that could harbour roots that burrowed that deeply would have this close to the Outer Wall. However, it called into question what it was doing there in the first place.

Probably another thing they were hoping they'd forgotten.

Of course, this wild atmosphere struck a chord with Kinu, and as the wild country crept on the long path forward, so did she soon fall into old habits...almost in spite of the large bundle tied across her shoulders, she was scoping out the area for forage, and scanning the undergrowth for tracks and animal dung as she followed the group.

Further along the trail, however, the smell of the forest became contaminated with something dry and bloody - rust. The acrid airs of corroding metal led her eyes to scan the treeline and the behemoth concealed beneath the undergrowth.

Concealed behind her mask, her eyes started, wide as saucers. "Nifty little village."

She took a step forward, but something in the ground felt...off. Tapping her foot against the ground a few times to test the Squared Circle, Kinu found it less than giving because of the Dampening Field. Well, that's a little annoying.

"Guess we made it, then," she said, folding her arms across her puffed out chest with a curt nod. "Now, where's the brains of this operation? These folks marched all this way, the least you got give 'em is an answer."