Page 61 of 79 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "We make our own......not fancy but it does the job." Mulvric nodded.

"And we'll be happy to give you some if you earn it." Ange suddenly retorted. ".....it won't be like the safehouse here....you want something you damn well pull your weight for it."
    "Tch." Of course there was a catch. All Xia wanted was some damn booze to take the edge off. There was too much **** for her simple brain to comprehend on a dry well. "Alright, Red. What exactly entails 'pulling your weight'? Running errands for your researchers? Killing off Witches whenever they pop up?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

En floats over her shoulder and glances at the book. "....Ian Prise....huh...."

"No.....you pull a potato out of the ground, and then you get to cook and eat it." Ange crossed her arms. "Or do you think because we're trying so hard to "recruit you" that we need to bend over backwards and let you mooch whatever you want, whenever you want. Asking to pulls your weight isn't a invite to join....its common, fucking, curtsy. God I hate kids..."

"Now, Now Gee Gee....No fighting." En crossed her arms and proclaimed. "That's a Court Martial."

"Tsk..." Ange responded.
    "Oh, I'm sorry. Am I supposed to be grateful that most of us were picked up as "bonuses" when you really wanted only two people?!"

Closing her diary with an audible clap, her free hand clenched down hard, "Get over yourself and your shitty assumptions; I don't want to mooch off of you. I came here because I wanted answers... that and..." She bitterly laughed, "It's not like I have now, do I? After all, my home is gone and it looks like both sides want to experiment on me!"

She could taste the bittersweet poison called hatred on her tongue again and felt a pang of anxiety. The room was far too small now and there were far too many people.

"I'm done here..."

Heading towards the same door they had entered, Sigourney proceeded out back to the lift. From there, she was uncertain.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Tch." Of course there was a catch. All Xia wanted was some damn booze to take the edge off. There was too much **** for her simple brain to comprehend on a dry well. "Alright, Red. What exactly entails 'pulling your weight'? Running errands for your researchers? Killing off Witches whenever they pop up?"
    "Nothing tonight.....It's your first night here and I won't have guests start off on that kinda foot." En proclaimed, much to Ange immediate grimace. "You're all getting good meals and care tonight, thats an En Promise."

"But anything after that......" Ange muttered.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Oh, I'm sorry. Am I supposed to be grateful that most of us were picked up as "bonuses" when you really wanted only two people?!"

Closing her diary with an audible clap, her free hand clenched down hard, "Get over yourself and your shitty assumptions; I don't want to mooch off of you. I came here because I wanted answers... that and..." She bitterly laughed, "It's not like I have now, do I? After all, my home is gone and it looks like both sides want to experiment on me!"

She could taste the bittersweet poison called hatred on her tongue again and felt a pang of anxiety. The room was far too small now and there were far too many people.

"I'm done here..."

Heading towards the same door they had entered, Sigourney proceeded out back to the lift. From there, she was uncertain.
    Walking up to her, Matthias spoke to her gently, "Are you truely considering returning to the city? If so, you will need a guide."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Walking up to her, Matthias spoke to her gently, "Are you truely considering returning to the city? If so, you will need a guide."
    "I'll be fine," She muttered. For as skilled as he had proven to be a guide, Sigourney knew he was entwined one way or another with this group and her trust was worn thin at this point.

"Tekeli-li will be with me."

"Nothing tonight.....It's your first night here and I won't have guests start off on that kinda foot." En proclaimed, much to Ange immediate grimace. "You're all getting good meals and care tonight, thats an En Promise."

"But anything after that......" Ange muttered.
    Xia gave Red a wry smile, then returned her attention to En. "You know, Fairy, you aren't half-bad. What's on the menu?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"I'll be fine," She muttered. For as skilled as he had proven to be a guide, Sigourney knew he was entwined one way or another with this group and her trust was worn thin at this point.

"Tekeli-li will be with me."
    "Do you even know the way back? Or how to avoid the ruin, which is still a risk even here."

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    While Arx didn't register the words for what they were- a petty barb- the subject matter had an effect; and for the first time since meeting this ragtag group, the Dragon looked... uncomfortable. It was subtle, but the Dragon shifted to her favored left side; and ever so briefly averted her gaze. It passed as soon as it came on however, a relative emotional squall.

"As Mulvric said so... eloquently. A reliquary of information has no concept of forgetfulness. Perhaps the concept is a bit much for you..." Arx said calmly, after her quick recovery. "Regardless, the shackle stays where it is."
    "......" It was En turn to look uncomfortable. Something about what Arx had just said seemed to hit her in a strange way. "....I'm sorry....I'll need some time to index that....."

"Do you even know the way back? Or how to avoid the ruin, which is still a risk even here."
    "I've been lost since the Ruin took A-9, a little more wandering won't mean anything in the end." Stepping into the lift, she gave an amused smile, "Besides, your bosses still need you."

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Xia gave Red a wry smile, then returned her attention to En. "You know, Fairy, you aren't half-bad. What's on the menu?"
    "Ugghh.....Now this....this is what that kid should be worrying about." Ange muttered. "Free stuff.....at least you know you've paid for the stuff you've worked for."

"Oh shuh Gee Gee..." En turned back to Xia. "We got lots of potatos....and chickens....we'll make something nice for tonight, for all the A9ers. Our stockpiles should manage gee gee."

"I've been lost since the Ruin took A-9, a little more wandering won't mean anything in the end." Stepping into the lift, she gave an amused smile, "Besides, your bosses still need you."
    Mathias walked into the lift as well, "I have no bosses, only the occasional clients willing to pay well for bits and pieces of the past. That is what Scavengers do, we travel beyond the walls in search of objects of interest, refuse or treasure depending on your perspective. These objects are bought by whoever finds them worthwhile, whoever is willing to pay for them."

Mathias walked into the lift as well, "I have no bosses, only the occasional clients willing to pay well for bits and pieces of the past. That is what Scavengers do, we travel beyond the walls in search of objects of interest, refuse or treasure depending on your perspective. These objects are bought by whoever finds them worthwhile, whoever is willing to pay for them."
    "So a gra-- no, nevermind," Taking her frustrations out on him in such an enclosed place wouldn't do her any good.

She knew she was being irrational, lashing out at any perceived threat no matter how faint, but Sigourney refused to let herself be herded in after all of this. Mulling over the squall of emotions left her quiet throughout their descent. With the opening of the doors, the girl felt some relief as she was back out into the open.

"So a gra-- no, nevermind," Taking her frustrations out on him in such an enclosed place wouldn't do her any good.

She knew she was being irrational, lashing out at any perceived threat no matter how faint, but Sigourney refused to let herself be herded in after all of this. Mulling over the squall of emotions left her quiet throughout their descent. With the opening of the doors, the girl felt some relief as she was back out into the open.
    Stepping out of the lift after she had exited first, Saint stood and watched her. He then looked up at the darkening sky, before turning back to see if she would actually leave, or if she just needed some air.

"......" It was En turn to look uncomfortable. Something about what Arx had just said seemed to hit her in a strange way. "....I'm sorry....I'll need some time to index that....."
    Arx left it as it was.

"Ugghh.....Now this....this is what that kid should be worrying about." Ange muttered. "Free stuff.....at least you know you've paid for the stuff you've worked for."

"Oh shuh Gee Gee..." En turned back to Xia. "We got lots of potatos....and chickens....we'll make something nice for tonight, for all the A9ers. Our stockpiles should manage gee gee."
    "You're aware I don't eat any of that, mm?" Arx asked, turning her ears toward the discussion about food.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"Chicken and potatoes, sounds delightful." Xia bowed her head gratefully. "Should be a nice spread, thank you. Some people could learn a thing or two about hospitality." She didn't name names or look at anyone else, but her smirk made it obvious who she was talking about. She was going to have some fun with Red, she could tell.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!