Page 14 of 79 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Xia shrugged in response. She assumed that their items and clothes were somewhere secure, but where that secure place was was a mystery.
    Damn, Omu halfway wanted to search the place himself, but escaping was the priority. Even so...won't be cheap getting some new gear for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Glancing in the direction of the open door to the hall, Mulvric whistles. ".....an here I thought the lady was the weirdest thing I'd see in here.....what are you, a giant critter?" He directed towards Omu, then to Xia. "Evenin miss"
    "Giant critter. Suppose you can say that..." Omu scoffed, darting closer to th is new escapee to get a better look at him. "Better than a roach at any rate..." He chuckled , looking back at Xia.

Stepping over to the cell, the man flips the panel of the wall controls and begins tinkering with the devices underneath. "Don't suppose any of ye know the way out...?"
    Xia turned when the new voice called out to her. She tilted her head up at Mulvric, then turned back to the hall. "Guard was headed this way before I killed him," she spoke before darting through the door he was desperately trying to reach before meeting his untimely demise.
    "'Scuse her, she ain't much for manners, " Omu apologized, before dashing after Xia himself...but not before grabbing Mulvric with one of his legs, in an attempt to pull the prisoner along for the ride. "By the by, don't suppose you know where prisoner belongings are kept, do ya friend!"
    Last edited by KingofPie; 07-12-2020 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    "Saint? Sounds simple enough to remember, so I'll go with it. Whenever you need or want to, you can call me by my actual name Lucifer- or you can save some time and call me Lux, I don't really care either way."

As Lucifer used his sight to help the three man and one dog group avoid unnecessary danger, he attempted something akin to a conversation to keep his mind busy.

"Still... Saint, huh? That's a rather peculiar name for someone in a situation like this to have. I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but one doesn't normally find a Saint in prison, right?"

OOC: See? Yes. Hear? It is a mystery.

"Elcuco? I fear I'm not familiar with that word. Can you enlighten me on what it means, if indeed it has a meaning at all?"
    His only response was a brief, wry smile before continuing making his way to the surface. From there, he'd use Find to locate Ghost.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    His only response was a brief, wry smile before continuing making his way to the surface. From there, he'd use Find to locate Ghost.
    As they exited the prison, Matthias zeroed in on Ghost's location.

"Who knows.....I've never seen anyone tell a witch what she couldn't dress like....maybe you just like wearing a trash bag and covering your face." Ange leaned in, leveling her face with the side of the gun for a moment. "Maybe your the kind of witch that can't bare to see herself in the mirror anymore.........or maybe you got something to hide from witches. Whatever the case...." She pulled back. "....I'm not backing down..."

"I'm not leaving anyone behind....you can forget convincing me otherwise." Ange growled. ".....You say enough people have died....what do you think is going to happen to him if I leave him here. What do you think will happen to all the people helping me....."

"Shut up....both of you." Ange said, voice cold and sharp. "Casually brushing off what happened down like it was a god damn fumble......people died, you don't get to spout sanctimonious garbage like that after what you did."

The glare ange fired Levis way could flash melt steel. "Their blood is on your hands as much as on mine....and you..." She turned here cold gaze to Morgan. "Are you a witch? Or just unbearably preachy...Let me guess, upper quarter....rich family...never had to worry about a damn thing in your life. Typical....blindly accepting the peace that they spoon feed you without knowing where it came from, how many people suffer every day just so you can..."

"That's enough, Grey Ghost."

The voice over the radio stopped her mid sentence, and despite growing agitation she quieted.

"Ahem....Can you all hear me?" The voice over the communication was fuzzy, but had a distinctly youthful, female tone. "Please forgive GeeGee, She doesn't do so well with groups of people....I'll try to make this as brief as I can. You can call me En. I operate communications and intelligence for EN....the group I me, not just me...."

"In any event, we have another 12 minutes before the Administratum crack the communication bug.....theoretically, so we have a moment to explain. In return....I want you guys to keep an open mind. To be blunt...this is not a situation in which we can retreat. Engineer Mulvric is set to be transferred from this location to Administratum central command for public execution today......as one of the inciters to the A-9 Massacre, which I will say now....is a Lie."

"Mulvric is also our.....well......founder would be the best way to put it...but he's also very important to me. If he dies today....everything he knows about A-9 dies with him, including what really happened there..and the admins get another covenant scapegoat to perpetuate their A-9 cover story. I understand if you believe this is just rhetoric and lies.....we have nothing to offer as proof...everything was had in A-9 was lost in with the fall. But something DID happen there that the Administratum doesn't want the general populace to know. They were screening the survivors and weeding out anyone with important connections or intact memories.....our teams have already free several groups that were being prepped for interrogation.....and execution."

"So....If you say we don't have enough time to get him and the others out, I can agree with that.......we don't. Not without help......So I want you to help us......"

"Help us evacuate the detainees......and once your out I can give you as many answers as you want to hear....and if you don't like them.....I'll make sure your compensated and you can go back to your lives, no strings attached."
    Hearing this, Saint glanced over at Lux and nodded. Approaching Ghost's direction, he could see that things were a little tense at the moment.

The Grey Ghost shuddered at the obnoxious sound of the woman laugh. It wasn't just the delivery, or the look on the womans face....the laugh was just.....toe curl inducing disgust. Especially when immediately followed by the very definition of the gilded ego. Ange felt the barely resistable urge to plant her foot firmly in the gold crack of her rich smug ass......but disrupting talks at this point would just put EN in a bad spot, or worse then it already....

...and then she ordered the truth out of her.

Normally a simple question with an exceedingly simple answer. "Yes." But this was no mere request....but a magic form of suggestion.

Her cheeks puffed out....and for the briefest moment she considered plowing the woman......the **** did she get off trying that **** on....

No....No En would be upset if she.....damn it....damn it........this was not going to be her finest hour.....but it had to be done.....

Slowly, mechanically, Ange bent forward.

....and from her angle below, Kinu could look up and see the face of barely contained, sweat infused bloodlust.

Once close enough, he spoke to her clearly yet calmly and in a tone just loud enough for her to hear, "Ghost, we have word on Mulvric."
    Last edited by Tami; 07-13-2020 at 06:40 AM.

Selma sighed as she rubbed her face in annoyance, realizing she had no idea where anything was in this Godforsaken building, and thus she didn't have any idea where to even begin looking for the other survivors of A-9. And of course since this was a government building there weren't any signs or other way to easily know where to go, leaving you wandering until you finally got the nerve to ask someone how to get where you needed to go.

"Stupid fucking overly-complicated bureaucratic bullshit!" Selma cursed as she kept wandering, hoping that she would find someone to give her a clue of where to go. Maybe not a guard, since that would most likely result in a fight, which would almost certainly call in a witch, if they hadn't been called in already.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Estrid saw everything as she walked, the signs of battle, the dead guards, the alarm and fear in the air were palpable.

Be alert, not alarmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Sentience returned and Sigourney found herself standing in line, the two men from before leading them. Vaguely, she heard it, that word. With her stress levels topped out, what was usually mild irritation blew up into full confrontation, "I'm not a kid," She spat out, "I'm an adult, I'm just more youthful than most."
    "It seems like you've returned to your senses. I'd refrained from asking you this since earlier, since you appeared to be in distress, but do you have any recollection of events leading up to boarding the ship? Did you board with your family? We're approaching the terminal area now, so you may want to look for them."

She kept her pace with the others, but the fatigue was starting to set in. If she didn't find a more advantageous position soon, someone else would have to take over the task of keeping them safe.

As their would be rescuers bickered among each other, they came outside to the main area where the civilians were gathered. Everyone was looking upwards. High above, on the fragile glass were figures engaged in a standoff.

" The name means The Coco Man, the word Coco refers to the skull. The name comes from a legendary Bogeyman of folklore that takes out his victims and leaves no trace. It's said in the folklore, that the last thing anyone sees when the creature gets them is it's glowing red eyes," Jacob said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 07-13-2020 at 09:12 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Retired Overlord

~ Skyport Detention Block ~

As Mathias, Lucifer and Jacob secured their own path back to the terminal, Mulvric finished fiddling with the prison panel...pulling a small vial of luminous blue fluid from an injector. "....Huh....low grade huh....suppose its better den nuthin." Mulvric paused, then lifted up his shirt with his free hand.

Underneath, fused directly with his skin, with a metallic plate that took up the left side of his chest area....and smaller streaks travelling up his arm. With a grunt he fitted the vial, then lowered his shirt once more.

"Well..,..I guess the guard would know better then us on how to get out of this place, even if it didn't help em....That being said, I saw a storage area for prisoner arms when they carted me in from above. Ya'll might wanna pick up some spares.....the going from here ain't gonna be a walk in the park."

She spared a side glance to Arx, then to the others. "I only just met you people....but til we get outta here, I suppose we're walkin on common grounds. Like it or hate it.....our odds are better together. What say we bid this hole a less then fond farewell."

---

~Skyport Main Terminal ~

Kinu, Mercer and Ange came crashing through the skylight.....marking the second time someone had fallen through the roof today. This one however, ended without corpses. They were followed quickly by a alchemist performing a super hero landing and an older man floating down with an umbrella, electing confused wows from the citizens.....and one voice somewhere in the background proclaiming "Its Mary Poppins!"

While Ange devolved into a myriad of curses and Mercer simply laid on his back for a minute staring up and wondering why he even got out of bed today.....EN responded to Kinu over the radio. "Uhh....right.....as long as nobody is hurt.......*ahem*.....recon tells me Detention level one is clear....so you may want to pick up at le.."

...Just then, Mathias appeared with the others.

Once close enough, he spoke to her clearly yet calmly and in a tone just loud enough for her to hear, "Ghost, we have word on Mulvric."
    Ears perking, Ange hopped to her feet. "Word on Mulvric....Did you....huh?" Getting a better look, Ange raised an eyebrow. "Saint huh....the hell are you doing here......trying to preempt your next payday? Not that it matters I suppose...."

"Hello Saint." En also chimed in from the radio. "If you could be so kind as to deliver the info to my friend here....we can start looking towards picking our friend up and getting you all out. I'll get the usual payment ready once everyone is out and safe...sound good?"

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Selma sighed as she rubbed her face in annoyance, realizing she had no idea where anything was in this Godforsaken building, and thus she didn't have any idea where to even begin looking for the other survivors of A-9. And of course since this was a government building there weren't any signs or other way to easily know where to go, leaving you wandering until you finally got the nerve to ask someone how to get where you needed to go.

"Stupid fucking overly-complicated bureaucratic bullshit!" Selma cursed as she kept wandering, hoping that she would find someone to give her a clue of where to go. Maybe not a guard, since that would most likely result in a fight, which would almost certainly call in a witch, if they hadn't been called in already.
    Selmas wanderings brought her within hearing distance of a loud crashing of glass and many voices. Though no signs were around to point the way....she could be sure there was a large group of people nearby.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"Well..,..I guess the guard would know better then us on how to get out of this place, even if it didn't help em....That being said, I saw a storage area for prisoner arms when they carted me in from above. Ya'll might wanna pick up some spares.....the going from here ain't gonna be a walk in the park."
    When she heard what's-his-name say he say a storage area with their weapons, Xia's steps slowed a touch. "Where?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

~ Skyport Detention Block ~

As Mathias, Lucifer and Jacob secured their own path back to the terminal, Mulvric finished fiddling with the prison panel...pulling a small vial of luminous blue fluid from an injector. "....Huh....low grade huh....suppose its better den nuthin." Mulvric paused, then lifted up his shirt with his free hand.

Underneath, fused directly with his skin, with a metallic plate that took up the left side of his chest area....and smaller streaks travelling up his arm. With a grunt he fitted the vial, then lowered his shirt once more.

She spared a side glance to Arx, then to the others. "I only just met you people....but til we get outta here, I suppose we're walkin on common grounds. Like it or hate it.....our odds are better together. What say we bid this hole a less then fond farewell."

---

~Skyport Main Terminal ~

Kinu, Mercer and Ange came crashing through the skylight.....marking the second time someone had fallen through the roof today. This one however, ended without corpses. They were followed quickly by a alchemist performing a super hero landing and an older man floating down with an umbrella, electing confused wows from the citizens.....and one voice somewhere in the background proclaiming "Its Mary Poppins!"

While Ange devolved into a myriad of curses and Mercer simply laid on his back for a minute staring up and wondering why he even got out of bed today.....EN responded to Kinu over the radio. "Uhh....right.....as long as nobody is hurt.......*ahem*.....recon tells me Detention level one is clear....so you may want to pick up at le.."

...Just then, Mathias appeared with the others.

Ears perking, Ange hopped to her feet. "Word on Mulvric....Did you....huh?" Getting a better look, Ange raised an eyebrow. "Saint huh....the hell are you doing here......trying to preempt your next payday? Not that it matters I suppose...."

"Hello Saint." En also chimed in from the radio. "If you could be so kind as to deliver the info to my friend here....we can start looking towards picking our friend up and getting you all out. I'll get the usual payment ready once everyone is out and safe...sound good?"
    "No payment required," Saint waved his hand dismissively, "I was doing this as a favor to my acquaintance Lux here who was nearly sent to his death in search of Mulvric." Glancing over to Lucifer, Matthias then passed along the information, "Mulvric was imprisoned below, but he should be coming up to the surface shortly if he's smart, along with all the other prisoners."

"That vial." Arx said, head still cocked to one side. "What was it."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    When she heard what's-his-name say he say a storage area with their weapons, Xia's steps slowed a touch. "Where?"
    "Got you attention huh...I'll take us there, all the weapons round here are claimed." Mulvric offered a nod in her direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "That vial." Arx said, head still cocked to one side. "What was it."
    "Fuel cell..." Mulvric replied. "....low grade magic in liquid form....Admins use it to power some of their toys. Quality is dirt here....I can whip up bootleg **** better then the stuff in these prisons."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"Got you attention huh...I'll take us there, all the weapons round here are claimed." Mulvric offered a nod in her direction.
    Her steps gradually slowed until she came to a complete stop. She felt incomplete without her sword, almost naked. The sooner she got it back, the better. "Good."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Retired Overlord

"No payment required," Saint waved his hand dismissively, "I was doing this as a favor to my acquaintance Lux here who was nearly sent to his death in search of Mulvric." Glancing over to Lucifer, Matthias then passed along the information, "Mulvric was imprisoned below, but he should be coming up to the surface shortly if he's smart, along with all the other prisoners."
    "Wait.....Who the hell sent a civilian hunting for the boss!?" Ange frowned. "Cause I did no such thing."

There was an ackward silence from the nearby rebels...and like the ninja, Lanky faded into non existence behind Sig.

"Its ok....Saint kept him safe." En answered. ".....I'll keep those funds on hold then, we may need your service in the immediate future.....still, could you be more specific? Prison Level? Wing? Just in case it isn't so simple as walking out..."

"Fuel cell..." Mulvric replied. "....low grade magic in liquid form....Admins use it to power some of their toys. Quality is dirt here....I can whip up bootleg **** better then the stuff in these prisons."
    "Liquid magic?" The possibilities.

The assault rifle was angled in his direction, though the dragon remained impassive. "Explain."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan