Page 7 of 62 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 923
  1. #91
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    As chaos reigned, the woman basked in the moment briefly.

    Not the preferred method, surely... but one does as needs must.

    To say nothing of just how hungry she was. With he runes preventing escape now partially seared off, and her prey scrambling; it was time to hunt, and feed. So with an unseen grin, and a surge of ?!?!?! the woman slammed into the 'coffin lid' again, and again. The sound echoing through the prisoner transport as she literally began tearing through her metal confines.
    While the girl attempted to ram her door off its hinges....the rebel manages to crack what remains of his cuffs and began working on his shackles on his feet. Thankfully he is able to manuver himself just in time to miss having a projectile door smash into him....instead flying into the wall behind him and landing to offer a convenient shield between him and the guards outside.

    Not that it would save him should his now free cellmate be less then charitable.

  2. #92
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    19,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    While the girl attempted to ram her door off its hinges....the rebel manages to crack what remains of his cuffs and began working on his shackles on his feet. Thankfully he is able to manuver himself just in time to miss having a projectile door smash into him....instead flying into the wall behind him and landing to offer a convenient shield between him and the guards outside.

    Not that it would save him should his now free cellmate be less then charitable.
    The first thing her cellmate would see, would be claws gripping the sides of the containment unit. Then he'd see her. Eyes fixing on the man quickly, the 'woman' sniffed the air before grunting. "Nothing worth eating, in you. Maybe later."

    Besides. She owed the guards.

    Following after the door she'd just flung into the far wall; the Dragon began her hunt, targeting the nearest guard before barreling toward him with claws outstretched and tail lashing angrily.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

    Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

  3. #93
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    His attempt to feel out the outside leads him to the panel and the trigger to open the barrier, which slowly phases away once pressed.
    With the barrier down, Matthias tries to push his way out of his cell using his physical strength as well as his TK against the entrance.
    Last edited by Tami; 07-09-2020 at 12:19 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  4. #94
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    14,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    The Guard chases her into the cell, and thankfully his attention span overlooks the text on the panel.

    Coming into the cell scans the area, pointing his weapon left, then right, quickly checking his corners....and finally pointing it up to scan the roof.
    It worked like a charm. Xia watched the guard scan the cell quickly. She surmised that to him, she completely vanished into thin air. Yet, it would only be a few more seconds before he eventually checked above him. Sagacity meant covering all his bases, even those that weren't immediately in sight.

    Xia had another decision to make, and she decided quickly. She leaned forward and dropped down. Her momentum carried her head over heels into a full rotation. She brought the heel of her foot down on the top of the guard's head.

    Feather Caught in the Breeze

    2


    Whether it knocked him out or not didn't matter. She just needed to stagger him long enough for her to flip out of the cell. She landed on her hands and propelled herself out into the hall. "..." Her finger pressed the button to activate the barrier.

  5. #95
    The Undead One The Chou Lives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,719

    Default

    He kept gesturing people the way, no more flames. Just deciding to not be too brash anymore. Just hopes to save as many as possible as he helped get the slower ones in.

  6. #96
    i blow u kis Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "You serious don't know? Fuck you guys...." The lanky man stopped himself. "I'm sorry....my bitchin is the least of your guys problems right now. Let me guess.....Debriefing?" He shook his head and sighed. "Let me tell you.....my friends cousins brother was debriefed after the A-7 transfer last year. Its an Administratum Buzz word meant to keep ya from shitting your pants......Only reason they'd pull you guys aside is cause they have to fill their rebel quota, cause you have something they want and don't want the hassle of asking, or they just don't like you."

    The larger of the two nods, then puts his finger to his ear. A voice quietly talks to him over the com.

    ".....En says these ones are important......especially this one." He points to Lucifer. "We take them with us."

    "......Whoa buddy......excuse my friend here, he ain't good at small or big talk." The lanky man hits a key on the panel and the barrier shimmers and fades. "Listen, you guys can take your chances with the Administratum....but 9 chances outta 10 your just gonna end up in a much darker cell real fast, if your lucky. But....and this is seriously just a suggestion.....we can get you guys out of here....in return for a few minutes of your time once its done."

    Stepping back, he motions for them to step out. "In any event.....stick with us for now. No sense wandering around, there may be some guards still about ya know."
    Glancing over to Lucifer, Sigourney couldn't help but feel a small seed of bitterness being planted in her heart. These people weren't here to save them; most of them were just an afterthought, a bonus to recruitment as payment for "saving" them.

    Now what? Was she supposed to gush out appreciations to these brave men? Devote her life to their cause like a good little child?

    Fuck them and the Administratum.

    Fate had dealt her a crappy hand and she had little choice but to make do with what she had... or did she? The memories were vague, but there was someone... no, something she could rely on, although it was hard to use such options if she didn't remember it. Taking in a deep breath and letting out a long, controlled exhale, Sigourney pushed down the hate and rage she felt. She had no plans to die in a dank cell, but she wasn't going to enlist in an terrorist group either; for now, though, she would follow the others until the chance to strike out on her own presented itself.

  7. #97

    Default Citizen Side

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    - Survivor Side -

    "Mercer? Mercer Report?" Ange tapped her communicator and growled. "Damn it....that detonation was too soon."

    "Ange! There are people still on the bridge!" One of the rebels shouted up to her, which elected an immediate curse as the girl bit her thumb then tapped her ear. "Get everyone off the bridge and into the terminal before it collapses..." With a powerful leap, the girl threw herself over the catwalk....vanishing before reappearing on the floor with a soft touch down. "I'll deal with the incoming civilians, the rest of you clear the inside..."
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Liquid flame doused the terrorists, sending several fleeing in panic and at least one over the side....a falling star into the abyss below.

    But fire knows no good or evil, and with the panic of the bridge cracking the flame does not pick and choose its targets among the innocent and guilty. Flames make their way upon several of the bystanders trying to get away....igniting fires that forced others to navigate around and further bottlenecking the bridge.

    Behind him....gunshot rained out as other small groups of gunman fired into the air in an attempt to corral the bystanders into fleeing, what had been their original plan.....simply out of order, as the bombs would have been later.


    Both could see the terminal ahead, thankfully having been closer to that side when the bombs went off. Kinu could already feel the bridge beginning to wobble and collapse beneath her...

    The door to the terminal is smashed open from the inside....and the red haired woman from behind appears in it, waving her arm desperately and shouting. "This way! Everyone this way before the bridge gives out! Inside!"
    Gunshots cracked. Flames and smoke rose from detonations, and the reinforced concrete began to shift underfoot. All the while, the glazed ceramic smiled under unblinking eyes as the long, grey shadow of the Wasteland Warrior leapt from ground level up onto the bridge railing.

    Ascending atop the Squared Circle, at this increased height overtop, she saw how the sea of people writhed against each other like drowning rats in a cage. Split in the middle against the sides of the bridge as the support pillars shifted, things were not as they seemed.

    Now why would you want to scare them all towards the terminal?

    There was only one way to be certain, she had to get ahead of the crowd.

    Lunging forward into a sprint as she balanced on the upper scaffolding of the terminal bridge, Kinu continued to hold the rebel foot-soldier bent backward over her shoulders, her grip digging into his neck and at his hip where the comm device dangled; and as Red spoke, she heard everything.

    A botch job is one thing, but you're herding them in as if they're no more than stampeding cattle. Why?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    People from different walks of life, different upbringings and ways.....all suddenly united under one common goal.

    Each manages to save lives, Owen carries some of the slower civilians to safety, Levin redeemed his earlier actions with his assistance, and Selma pulled a child and her mother from the abyss.

    Those rebels working on the terminal side of the bridge urged the civilians along from the rear, helping the slow, the old and young as best they could....but time was running out...
    Ramping up speed at this heightened elevation, the dusty grey left her coat, trailing behind her in a loud psychedelic train. Reaching the highest point on the bridge's supports, steel cables warped like the ropes of the ring, and Squared Circle sprung her forth into a great bound as she leapt off off of it, catapulting forth to clear the roof.

    Kinu landed square, and the man ragdolling atop of her folded across her shoulders. It was a stiff landing, but his abductor crouched as she absorbed the shock of the landing. An inch or two more...well, there was the implicit threat that it could have been so much worse for him, if she'd wanted.

    "Ian is as Ian does, but this doesn't seem like any ordinary cause, yeah?" Beneath that expressionless mask, the throaty voice was pointed with particular annunciation.

    Bolting upwards, Kinu straightened up again, wobbling the man's vertebrae at both ends under tension as she paced along the rooftop of the Skyport. Twisting there, spinning brusquely there, slowly following the noise along the terminal below as she examined the scene below through the ceiling panel windows topside on the roof.

    "Was getting caught part of your plan?" She tightened the rack hold, every bobbing step a reminder she could grind his lower discs to powder in an instant. "What sort of draw are you aiming for here?"

  8. #98
    Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    868

    Default

    "I'm not worried about the guards."

    A lot of things weren't making sense, and the few things that were had potential implications he was certain he didn't care to see realized - one way or another.

    "And while following you is tempting, especially if what you've said about the Administratum's intentions and plans are true, I'm not sure the optics of that are worth the supposed benefits - not without a clearer view of the situation. So I'm going to go and see what's going on for myself. If I like what I see, then you and your friends will have as much of my time - and assistance- as I can give. Otherwise..."

    Lucifer's body and voice faded in unision as he left, leaving what was- or at least, what should be- self-evident unsaid.
    For all your LuxWeave needs, just contact Lucifer Radiare

  9. #99

    Default

    Unaware of it, Jacob subconsciously summons his spirit animal. A German Shepherd appears before Jacob and, he just stares at it." About time you showed up you damn hallucination. Now search for a way to get me out of here," Jacob said.

    Jacob's spirit animal sighs. " I'm not a hallucination, I'm your spirit animal, and I have a name, It's Rhea. We've been over this before Jacob," Rhea the spirit dog said.

    " Yeah, yeah, just shut up and search for a way to get me out of here you damn hallucination. Oh, and I don't remember giving you permission to use that name, you damn hallucination!" Jacob shouted.

    To anyone who can't see or hear Jacob's spirit animal, it just looks like Jacob is talking to himself. Outside his cell, Jacob's spirit animal Rhea searches for a way to free him.


  10. #100
    Incredible Member Sol_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    "Sadly, either they did not know or could not say, as what I got was more akin to a Public Service Announcement from the Administratum- but somehow even more vague*. I know that there's between two and three hundred of us from A-9 here now, but whether that's because the others have been sent elsewhere or because we're literally all that remains is something only the Nephilim could tell you."

    *OOC: I.E, the Citizen start PSA minus the instigator bit
    "That's not much to go on, but thank you for sharing what you know.", the corners of Estrid's lips curled downwards slightly, though there was no disappointment in her tone.

    Three hundred survivors, ignoring other possible ships, were barely enough to populate a school.

    She needed to figure out how they managed to get evacuated in the first place and what Irriana and the others may have done to ensure their survival. Lack of knowledge could get them killed.

    First, however, there were more pressing matters to deal with.



    "I'd give good money that this place is under some sort of attack - and a rather large one at that."
    "That," she said. "is Obvious."

    But before they could utter another word, there was the sound of something striking human flesh followed by a thud.

    She whirled around to see the newcomers enter the room. No introductions were made, but a dialogue began.

    Estrid let Mr. Radiare do the talking as one of the men explained their situation and offered them a way out in exchange for their time.

    There wasn't time to plan ahead, and their offer sounded questionable. She needed time to think, and discuss with the others.

    Mr. Radiare seemed to have the same misgivings, for he used what she could only guess was magic and started to fade away. There was barely a moment to process this before he vanished entirely from sight.

    With raised eyebrows, she turned away from where Mr. Radiare was standing just a moment ago to address their would be rescuers.

    "Lead the way then.".

    And she would follow them, for now.

  11. #101

    Default Citizen Side

    Today, for no particular reason, Morgen remembered why she didn't often go outside while the bridge suddenly snapped underfoot as though a giant had jumped upon it. With the jarring slant of the earth sloping inward, its good buddy gravity gave the girl a gentle shove to the back and sent her staggering down toward a massive rift in the bridge floor that gave a nice but otherwise deadly view of the city streets a great distance below. In a moment of panic, she jammed her foot into the upper fractured edge that held up the other side of the bridge, flat on her back as her eyes warily glanced down.

    The world just seems to know when I leave the home, doesn't it? Scrambling back up to her feet, she carried forward and took a cursory look about her surroundings to see just what in the hell was going on. Granted, it was hard to see or hear anything given the swarm of bodies running around like headless chickens. But what she did know, was that the bridge likely would not last soon...

    Taking a deep breath, she snapped her fingers and a cloud of plenteous rose petals burst out from around her, slowly swirling her figure like red dust. With a precise motion of her hands she directed them toward the cracks and failing supports and then clasped her hands together, forging the petals into solid gold. A detailed webbing of gold temporarily melded some of the fissures together, not quite keeping the bridge intact, but at least buying some time before it finishes its final collapse to the ground. Standing up and dusting herself off, she elegantly flicked her hair as she admired her handiwork - not so unlike the practice of repairing shattered urns with gold filling, what was that called again? Kintsugi? As usual, grace transcends all, she nodded to herself.

    Oh, wait. The bridge is falling. She should probably go.

    Morgen ran toward the terminal.

  12. #102
    Give me your SOUL! The Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Darkest recesses of my mind
    Posts
    3,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    People from different walks of life, different upbringings and ways.....all suddenly united under one common goal.

    Each manages to save lives, Owen carries some of the slower civilians to safety, Levin redeemed his earlier actions with his assistance, and Selma pulled a child and her mother from the abyss.

    Those rebels working on the terminal side of the bridge urged the civilians along from the rear, helping the slow, the old and young as best they could....but time was running out...
    After making sure the mother and daughter were heading toward safety, Selma turned back to the bridge and moved to pull anyone else she could from danger before she had to get to safety herself. She'd dive into the "Realm of Shadow" at the last moment if necessary, but there were still people in need and she needed to help them.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

  13. #103
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    People from different walks of life, different upbringings and ways.....all suddenly united under one common goal.

    Each manages to save lives, Owen carries some of the slower civilians to safety, Levin redeemed his earlier actions with his assistance, and Selma pulled a child and her mother from the abyss.

    Those rebels working on the terminal side of the bridge urged the civilians along from the rear, helping the slow, the old and young as best they could....but time was running out...
    He keeps helping as many as he can, but also make sure to use Keen Eye and Identify to examine whatís happening around him.


    OT:

    Does he see any of the player characters?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  14. #104
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    It worked like a charm. Xia watched the guard scan the cell quickly. She surmised that to him, she completely vanished into thin air. Yet, it would only be a few more seconds before he eventually checked above him. Sagacity meant covering all his bases, even those that weren't immediately in sight.

    Xia had another decision to make, and she decided quickly. She leaned forward and dropped down. Her momentum carried her head over heels into a full rotation. She brought the heel of her foot down on the top of the guard's head.

    Feather Caught in the Breeze

    2


    Whether it knocked him out or not didn't matter. She just needed to stagger him long enough for her to flip out of the cell. She landed on her hands and propelled herself out into the hall. "..." Her finger pressed the button to activate the barrier.
    The guard managed to squeeze the trigger and fire a round, but too slow to score a hit...succeeding only in a flesh wound across her back.

    With a crack the impact sent the guard toward, and springboarded her outside....where she activated the barrier mechanism. The barrier flickered back to life, and upon righting himself and spinning around the realization of his situation dawned.

    "No...No let me out!" He screamed and threw himself in futile effort against the field. "Somebody let me out! Some...."

    The cell erupted with a blinding flash of white light, then dissipated leaving nothing more then en empty cell in a shadow lightly burned into the floor.

    "Cell purge complete, janitorial request has been logged." The panel flashed.

    With the barrier down, Matthias tries to push his way out of his cell using his physical strength as well as his TK against the entrance.
    With nothing impeading him, Mathias makes his way outside....to his left something bright flashes inside a cell as a woman watches.

    To his right....all the guards are distracted with a mess that is unfolding thanks to another escaped criminal....one that was slowly escalating.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    The first thing her cellmate would see, would be claws gripping the sides of the containment unit. Then he'd see her. Eyes fixing on the man quickly, the 'woman' sniffed the air before grunting. "Nothing worth eating, in you. Maybe later."

    Besides. She owed the guards.

    Following after the door she'd just flung into the far wall; the Dragon began her hunt, targeting the nearest guard before barreling toward him with claws outstretched and tail lashing angrily.
    "Yeah....mayble later." The rebel leader mumbled in a daze and watched as Arx turned her attention and charged the nearest guard.

    "OPEN FIRE!" The escort leader shouted, and the three remaining guards under him brought their weapons to bare....one of them however had only a moment to pull his gun up before the dragon was on him. He screamed and puilled the trigger point blank, only able to raise the weapon high enough to fire at her leg before she was on him. The ammo would have taken the leg clean off anyone else....but here it was enough crack scale and deal some damage.

    And several more were being aimed at her even now....

    (Room has one escort leader, getting something special ready and barking orders....two guards aiming for Arx and one getting gored. Pick your targets wisely. )

  15. #105
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Unaware of it, Jacob subconsciously summons his spirit animal. A German Shepherd appears before Jacob and, he just stares at it." About time you showed up you damn hallucination. Now search for a way to get me out of here," Jacob said.

    Jacob's spirit animal sighs. " I'm not a hallucination, I'm your spirit animal, and I have a name, It's Rhea. We've been over this before Jacob," Rhea the spirit dog said.

    " Yeah, yeah, just shut up and search for a way to get me out of here you damn hallucination. Oh, and I don't remember giving you permission to use that name, you damn hallucination!" Jacob shouted.

    To anyone who can't see or hear Jacob's spirit animal, it just looks like Jacob is talking to himself. Outside his cell, Jacob's spirit animal Rhea searches for a way to free him.
    The spirit dog sees a panel with various keys on it....one of them the one to open the barrier.

    But how to open it would be key.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •