Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 774
  1. #106
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Glancing over to Lucifer, Sigourney couldn't help but feel a small seed of bitterness being planted in her heart. These people weren't here to save them; most of them were just an afterthought, a bonus to recruitment as payment for "saving" them.

    Now what? Was she supposed to gush out appreciations to these brave men? Devote her life to their cause like a good little child?

    Fuck them and the Administratum.

    Fate had dealt her a crappy hand and she had little choice but to make do with what she had... or did she? The memories were vague, but there was someone... no, something she could rely on, although it was hard to use such options if she didn't remember it. Taking in a deep breath and letting out a long, controlled exhale, Sigourney pushed down the hate and rage she felt. She had no plans to die in a dank cell, but she wasn't going to enlist in an terrorist group either; for now, though, she would follow the others until the chance to strike out on her own presented itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    "I'm not worried about the guards."

    A lot of things weren't making sense, and the few things that were had potential implications he was certain he didn't care to see realized - one way or another.

    "And while following you is tempting, especially if what you've said about the Administratum's intentions and plans are true, I'm not sure the optics of that are worth the supposed benefits - not without a clearer view of the situation. So I'm going to go and see what's going on for myself. If I like what I see, then you and your friends will have as much of my time - and assistance- as I can give. Otherwise..."

    Lucifer's body and voice faded in unision as he left, leaving what was- or at least, what should be- self-evident unsaid.
    ".....Ok..." The lanky rebel raised an eyebrow. ".......well, long as he's ok wandering around...."

    The larger one nodded.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    "That," she said. "is Obvious."

    But before they could utter another word, there was the sound of something striking human flesh followed by a thud.

    She whirled around to see the newcomers enter the room. No introductions were made, but a dialogue began.

    Estrid let Mr. Radiare do the talking as one of the men explained their situation and offered them a way out in exchange for their time.

    There wasn't time to plan ahead, and their offer sounded questionable. She needed time to think, and discuss with the others.

    Mr. Radiare seemed to have the same misgivings, for he used what she could only guess was magic and started to fade away. There was barely a moment to process this before he vanished entirely from sight.

    With raised eyebrows, she turned away from where Mr. Radiare was standing just a moment ago to address their would be rescuers.

    "Lead the way then.".

    And she would follow them, for now.
    "You got it miss.....This way, main terminal area is the safest place at the moment." The Lanky begins waving each one out in turn, giving each a brief look over, throwing some small talk in to ward the mounting stress that he seemed to be expressing if the sweat on his brow was any indication. His more chunky accomplice merely stood quietly to the side with his arms crossed and observed each.

    "Damn..." The lanky man eyed Sigourney and seemed to frown. "....they get away with arresting anyone these days....poor kid looks like she hasn't eaten in a week."

    "Prob hasn't.....A-9 wasn't a good place to live." The heavy mutters.

    "Neither is A-11....Hey...owow...ow hey stop!" Lanky had to take a step back to fend off the slapping hands of the old lady as he led her out into the hall.

  2. #107
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Melon God View Post
    Today, for no particular reason, Morgen remembered why she didn't often go outside while the bridge suddenly snapped underfoot as though a giant had jumped upon it. With the jarring slant of the earth sloping inward, its good buddy gravity gave the girl a gentle shove to the back and sent her staggering down toward a massive rift in the bridge floor that gave a nice but otherwise deadly view of the city streets a great distance below. In a moment of panic, she jammed her foot into the upper fractured edge that held up the other side of the bridge, flat on her back as her eyes warily glanced down.

    The world just seems to know when I leave the home, doesn't it? Scrambling back up to her feet, she carried forward and took a cursory look about her surroundings to see just what in the hell was going on. Granted, it was hard to see or hear anything given the swarm of bodies running around like headless chickens. But what she did know, was that the bridge likely would not last soon...

    Taking a deep breath, she snapped her fingers and a cloud of plenteous rose petals burst out from around her, slowly swirling her figure like red dust. With a precise motion of her hands she directed them toward the cracks and failing supports and then clasped her hands together, forging the petals into solid gold. A detailed webbing of gold temporarily melded some of the fissures together, not quite keeping the bridge intact, but at least buying some time before it finishes its final collapse to the ground. Standing up and dusting herself off, she elegantly flicked her hair as she admired her handiwork - not so unlike the practice of repairing shattered urns with gold filling, what was that called again? Kintsugi? As usual, grace transcends all, she nodded to herself.

    Oh, wait. The bridge is falling. She should probably go.

    Morgen ran toward the terminal.
    As temporary as it was, the golden mortar was a godsend to the fleeing civilians. It brought them all precious time to clear the terminal side of the bridge...one that was not wasted. As Morgon made her way towards the doors the efforts of the others around here soon came to light.

    He keeps helping as many as he can, but also make sure to use Keen Eye and Identify to examine whatís happening around him.
    After making sure the mother and daughter were heading toward safety, Selma turned back to the bridge and moved to pull anyone else she could from danger before she had to get to safety herself. She'd dive into the "Realm of Shadow" at the last moment if necessary, but there were still people in need and she needed to help them.
    He kept gesturing people the way, no more flames. Just deciding to not be too brash anymore. Just hopes to save as many as possible as he helped get the slower ones in.
    With their combined efforts, the loss was kept to a bare minimum.....as people poured from the bridge into the terminal and safety...of a sorts at least.

    Owen keep his observations sharp, even as he worked....a flash of power from the rich girl behind him did not escape his sense, nor from the girl helping in the shadows, or the repenting fire man.......nor the....

    ......woman in fur and mask carrying a man that just ran by on the bridge railing and literally leapt up onto the roof.....

  3. #108
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Gunshots cracked. Flames and smoke rose from detonations, and the reinforced concrete began to shift underfoot. All the while, the glazed ceramic smiled under unblinking eyes as the long, grey shadow of the Wasteland Warrior leapt from ground level up onto the bridge railing.

    Ascending atop the Squared Circle, at this increased height overtop, she saw how the sea of people writhed against each other like drowning rats in a cage. Split in the middle against the sides of the bridge as the support pillars shifted, things were not as they seemed.

    Now why would you want to scare them all towards the terminal?

    There was only one way to be certain, she had to get ahead of the crowd.

    Lunging forward into a sprint as she balanced on the upper scaffolding of the terminal bridge, Kinu continued to hold the rebel foot-soldier bent backward over her shoulders, her grip digging into his neck and at his hip where the comm device dangled; and as Red spoke, she heard everything.

    A botch job is one thing, but you're herding them in as if they're no more than stampeding cattle. Why?



    Ramping up speed at this heightened elevation, the dusty grey left her coat, trailing behind her in a loud psychedelic train. Reaching the highest point on the bridge's supports, steel cables warped like the ropes of the ring, and Squared Circle sprung her forth into a great bound as she leapt off off of it, catapulting forth to clear the roof.

    Kinu landed square, and the man ragdolling atop of her folded across her shoulders. It was a stiff landing, but his abductor crouched as she absorbed the shock of the landing. An inch or two more...well, there was the implicit threat that it could have been so much worse for him, if she'd wanted.

    "Ian is as Ian does, but this doesn't seem like any ordinary cause, yeah?" Beneath that expressionless mask, the throaty voice was pointed with particular annunciation.

    Bolting upwards, Kinu straightened up again, wobbling the man's vertebrae at both ends under tension as she paced along the rooftop of the Skyport. Twisting there, spinning brusquely there, slowly following the noise along the terminal below as she examined the scene below through the ceiling panel windows topside on the roof.

    "Was getting caught part of your plan?" She tightened the rack hold, every bobbing step a reminder she could grind his lower discs to powder in an instant. "What sort of draw are you aiming for here?"
    "Ah...Ahhr......Wh...What?" The man known as Mercer struggled as he came to. "What are you rrrhh....."

    They were stood high above the terminal, with only glass separating them from a fall.....glass that barely held in check. Mercer had a good view of the civilians huddled below and the larger group streaming in.

    "You ...won't get a word outta me "witch"..." Mercer hissed between pain and clenched teeth, with emphasis on the name. "...Go ahead......break me in half......I....won't tell you anything...."

  4. #109
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    19,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    The guard managed to squeeze the trigger and fire a round, but too slow to score a hit...succeeding only in a flesh wound across her back.

    With a crack the impact sent the guard toward, and springboarded her outside....where she activated the barrier mechanism. The barrier flickered back to life, and upon righting himself and spinning around the realization of his situation dawned.

    "No...No let me out!" He screamed and threw himself in futile effort against the field. "Somebody let me out! Some...."

    The cell erupted with a blinding flash of white light, then dissipated leaving nothing more then en empty cell in a shadow lightly burned into the floor.

    "Cell purge complete, janitorial request has been logged." The panel flashed.



    With nothing impeading him, Mathias makes his way outside....to his left something bright flashes inside a cell as a woman watches.

    To his right....all the guards are distracted with a mess that is unfolding thanks to another escaped criminal....one that was slowly escalating.



    "Yeah....mayble later." The rebel leader mumbled in a daze and watched as Arx turned her attention and charged the nearest guard.

    "OPEN FIRE!" The escort leader shouted, and the three remaining guards under him brought their weapons to bare....one of them however had only a moment to pull his gun up before the dragon was on him. He screamed and puilled the trigger point blank, only able to raise the weapon high enough to fire at her leg before she was on him. The ammo would have taken the leg clean off anyone else....but here it was enough crack scale and deal some damage.

    And several more were being aimed at her even now....

    (Room has one escort leader, getting something special ready and barking orders....two guards aiming for Arx and one getting gored. Pick your targets wisely. )
    Pain wasn't enough of a deterrent, unfortunately; and what damage the bullet managed was returned several-fold.

    Of course, the cha-chak of rounds being cycled in preparation for a more... painful barrage, did shift her focus; so removing yet another explosive scale the Dragon grinned, before chucking it at the nearest gunman.

    "Bang."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

    Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

  5. #110
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24,772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    The guard managed to squeeze the trigger and fire a round, but too slow to score a hit...succeeding only in a flesh wound across her back.

    With a crack the impact sent the guard toward, and springboarded her outside....where she activated the barrier mechanism. The barrier flickered back to life, and upon righting himself and spinning around the realization of his situation dawned.

    "No...No let me out!" He screamed and threw himself in futile effort against the field. "Somebody let me out! Some...."

    The cell erupted with a blinding flash of white light, then dissipated leaving nothing more then en empty cell in a shadow lightly burned into the floor.

    "Cell purge complete, janitorial request has been logged." The panel flashed.



    With nothing impeading him, Mathias makes his way outside....to his left something bright flashes inside a cell as a woman watches.

    To his right....all the guards are distracted with a mess that is unfolding thanks to another escaped criminal....one that was slowly escalating.



    "Yeah....mayble later." The rebel leader mumbled in a daze and watched as Arx turned her attention and charged the nearest guard.

    "OPEN FIRE!" The escort leader shouted, and the three remaining guards under him brought their weapons to bare....one of them however had only a moment to pull his gun up before the dragon was on him. He screamed and puilled the trigger point blank, only able to raise the weapon high enough to fire at her leg before she was on him. The ammo would have taken the leg clean off anyone else....but here it was enough crack scale and deal some damage.

    And several more were being aimed at her even now....

    (Room has one escort leader, getting something special ready and barking orders....two guards aiming for Arx and one getting gored. Pick your targets wisely. )
    Consciously lowering his Presence to keep the guards from noticing him, Matthias stayed close to the wall as he moved cautiously. Looking around as he did, he considered the other prison cells and those inside, but there was no time to open them all, or was there? There had to be a master switch, he thought to himself. The question was where was it located?

    Using the same skills he uses to track down valuable artifacts, Seek and Find, he sought out a mechanism that would allow him to open all the cells at once.
    Last edited by Tami; 07-10-2020 at 08:33 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  6. #111
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    10,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    As temporary as it was, the golden mortar was a godsend to the fleeing civilians. It brought them all precious time to clear the terminal side of the bridge...one that was not wasted. As Morgon made her way towards the doors the efforts of the others around here soon came to light.







    With their combined efforts, the loss was kept to a bare minimum.....as people poured from the bridge into the terminal and safety...of a sorts at least.

    Owen keep his observations sharp, even as he worked....a flash of power from the rich girl behind him did not escape his sense, nor from the girl helping in the shadows, or the repenting fire man.......nor the....

    ......woman in fur and mask carrying a man that just ran by on the bridge railing and literally leapt up onto the roof.....
    He takes a mental Ďsnapshotí with his power of each person, to go over afterwards.

    Making sure there was no one else he could aid, Owen uses his psychokinesis to pick himself up and move to the roof as well, attempting to follow....whatever it was he just saw.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  7. #112
    The Undead One The Chou Lives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,694

    Default

    “ Hmm.” Noting the roof action as he sizes himself up. Deeps in a huge breath, cue the glow of the breath turned on. Not shattering clothes but still gathering super human boost as he leaps, from a nearby railing and rebounds to the roof. He wants answers, notes that the railing was bent from his rebound impact.

  8. #113
    Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    ".....Ok..." The lanky rebel raised an eyebrow. ".......well, long as he's ok wandering around...."

    The larger one nodded.
    Now, where should I go?

    Once out of sight and out of reach, Lucifer paused for a moment, somewhat uncertain as to how to actually conduct his supposed 'evaluation'. He wasn't even sure what exactly it was EN was here for- definitely not to rescue him or anyone else in that room, at least not originally. That they took time to let everyone inside out and even offered to escort everyone to safety anyway constituted several points in their favor, though the fact that said offer was obviously made because they wanted something from them- and from him especially- subtracted several points from that.

    Still, whatever their motives in letting them out truly were, it didn't change the fact they were truly here for something else- or perhaps, someone else. Which means finding that thing- or person- was probably the proper first step to figuring out how worth his time EN truly was. And so in consideration of that end, he began searching for other large grouping of individuals, fully submerging himself into processing his Radiant Sight to help find what he was looking for while leveraging Evanesce and Telekinetic Flight when needed to avoid unwanted confrontation with the guards.
    For all your LuxWeave needs, just contact Lucifer Radiare

  9. #114
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    14,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    The guard managed to squeeze the trigger and fire a round, but too slow to score a hit...succeeding only in a flesh wound across her back.

    With a crack the impact sent the guard toward, and springboarded her outside....where she activated the barrier mechanism. The barrier flickered back to life, and upon righting himself and spinning around the realization of his situation dawned.

    "No...No let me out!" He screamed and threw himself in futile effort against the field. "Somebody let me out! Some...."

    The cell erupted with a blinding flash of white light, then dissipated leaving nothing more then en empty cell in a shadow lightly burned into the floor.

    "Cell purge complete, janitorial request has been logged." The panel flashed.
    The guard died before he could even finish is desperate and futile pleas for help. Huh. So that was what would have happened to her if she had stayed in the cell. "..." The lesson to always go with her gut that she learned as a child growing up in the slums paid off yet again. She got to live another day, and that poor bastard spent his last moments scratching at the barrier like a dog begging to be let out.

    Fitting, in a way.

    The situation at the end of the hall was steadily escalating. The woman... scaly lizard woman was fighting three guards by herself, with a fourth one preparing to join in with some kind of weapon. Xia could have left. The coast was clear and there was nothing stopping her from simply leaving. Other than the remaining guards in the prison, she assumed, once word got out that there was a prison break.

    "Tch."

    She had no choice but to wait. They were armed and she didn't know where her sword was. Bastards. She frowned and looked again at the fighting at the end of the hall. Her gaze focused on the escort leader. He was the focal point. Without him and his orders, the other three guards would be in disarray.

    She had her target.

    A gold-tinge apparition of her knee struck the escort leader in the back of the head.

    Lioness Ambushes the Wildebeest

    2

  10. #115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    The spirit dog sees a panel with various keys on it....one of them the one to open the barrier.

    But how to open it would be key.
    " Hey, you find out a way to get me free yet, you damn hallucination, Jacob shouted.

    Rhea sighs as it examines the keys on the panel." I found a panel with various keys on it," Rhea said.

    " A panel with various keys on it, huh? One of those keys might be able to open the barrier around my cell. Hey, hallucination hurried up and figure out which key on that panel opens the barrier around my cell!" Jacob shouted.

    " That's what I'm trying to figure out, and please stop calling me a hallucination," Rhea said. Rhea carefully examines the keys on the panel." Okay, which one of these keys opens the barrier around Jacob's cell, and just how do I use that key to open it?" Rhea said.

    " Hey, stop taking your sweet time your damn hallucination and get me out of here already," Jacob shouted.

    " Will you please be patient I'm trying to figure this out," Rhea said.

  11. #116
    i blow u kis Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "You got it miss.....This way, main terminal area is the safest place at the moment." The Lanky begins waving each one out in turn, giving each a brief look over, throwing some small talk in to ward the mounting stress that he seemed to be expressing if the sweat on his brow was any indication. His more chunky accomplice merely stood quietly to the side with his arms crossed and observed each.

    "Damn..." The lanky man eyed Sigourney and seemed to frown. "....they get away with arresting anyone these days....poor kid looks like she hasn't eaten in a week."

    "Prob hasn't.....A-9 wasn't a good place to live." The heavy mutters.

    "Neither is A-11....Hey...owow...ow hey stop!" Lanky had to take a step back to fend off the slapping hands of the old lady as he led her out into the hall.
    ----------

    To be honest, I don't really remember leaving the cell.

    I was used to the dreams when I sleep, but to have them happen when I was wide-awake? It kinda scares me...

    The dream (or maybe vision?) was a lot like the others; I would be floating in a black void, hovering over a giant world of blue and green and then... I'd wake up.
    Sentience returned and Sigourney found herself standing in line, the two men from before leading them. Vaguely, she heard it, that word. With her stress levels topped out, what was usually mild irritation blew up into full confrontation, "I'm not a kid," She spat out, "I'm an adult, I'm just more youthful than most."

  12. #117

    Default Citizen Side

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Ah...Ahhr......Wh...What?" The man known as Mercer struggled as he came to. "What are you rrrhh....."

    They were stood high above the terminal, with only glass separating them from a fall.....glass that barely held in check. Mercer had a good view of the civilians huddled below and the larger group streaming in.

    "You ...won't get a word outta me "witch"..." Mercer hissed between pain and clenched teeth, with emphasis on the name. "...Go ahead......break me in half......I....won't tell you anything...."
    Marching stiffly on mismatched booths, Kinu continued to survey the scene below through the glass panes.

    The people on the streets, funneled in with the ones the aerozeppelins were carrying. Suppose this was the evacuation of 241 Administrator Gretel was talking about? Standing here atop this cage, the mask scanned the crowd, the sounds of glass crunching underfoot. Why would they lock themselves in here? Unless this was the goal all along?

    She had an idea of who had all the answers. Searching for a trace of red in the sea of people, Kinu was absorbed in the task as she paced, and then Mercer's voice sounded out behind her. Witch.

    Instantly, she stilled. Slowly Kinu began to drag his back down across her shoulders. Such a simple motion, she barely had to use force to feel the backbones kink and twist into each other under her shearing pull...

    ...until an electronic blip echoed from Mercer's side; The callsign of his talkie she now clutched in her hand. Keeping the hold fastened, sharp-nailed fingers curled over the call button.

    "Congratulations. Would anybody else like to know that you've found a Witch?"

    One never invoked the name of the Administratum Shocktroopers lightly, least of all without serious threats in mind if they were on your side.

    And if you weren't, well...

    There were more than half dozen of them. If they're not after corralling the locals, then what they're after must be in here somewhere.

    Eyeing the scene below, she waited to see if the the mention of that organization would cause a stir below.
    Last edited by grampagen; 07-11-2020 at 01:52 AM.

  13. #118
    Give me your SOUL! The Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Darkest recesses of my mind
    Posts
    3,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    With their combined efforts, the loss was kept to a bare minimum.....as people poured from the bridge into the terminal and safety...of a sorts at least.

    Owen keep his observations sharp, even as he worked....a flash of power from the rich girl behind him did not escape his sense, nor from the girl helping in the shadows, or the repenting fire man.......nor the....

    ......woman in fur and mask carrying a man that just ran by on the bridge railing and literally leapt up onto the roof.....
    Selma watched the people pour from the bridge into the terminal before turning back to where the bridge had been, a frown on her face. They had saved as many people as they could, and kept the loss of life to a bare minimum... but it didn't feel like enough. She should have been stronger. Faster. She should have had stronger magical skills so that those people who died didn't have to.

    But it was a fact that life was unfair. Those people didn't deserve to die, but they did. She'd done everything she could, they all did. But once again it hadn't been enough. Life had taken its due, and they weren't able to stop it. Selma sighed, deciding that she needed to get stronger so that life would have to do without its due, and turned to head back to where she'd left her guitar.

    As she walked, she looked to her hip and realized that the sheathed knife she'd transfigured had reverted to its original form and fallen somewhere.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

  14. #119
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    Now, where should I go?

    Once out of sight and out of reach, Lucifer paused for a moment, somewhat uncertain as to how to actually conduct his supposed 'evaluation'. He wasn't even sure what exactly it was EN was here for- definitely not to rescue him or anyone else in that room, at least not originally. That they took time to let everyone inside out and even offered to escort everyone to safety anyway constituted several points in their favor, though the fact that said offer was obviously made because they wanted something from them- and from him especially- subtracted several points from that.

    Still, whatever their motives in letting them out truly were, it didn't change the fact they were truly here for something else- or perhaps, someone else. Which means finding that thing- or person- was probably the proper first step to figuring out how worth his time EN truly was. And so in consideration of that end, he began searching for other large grouping of individuals, fully submerging himself into processing his Radiant Sight to help find what he was looking for while leveraging Evanesce and Telekinetic Flight when needed to avoid unwanted confrontation with the guards.
    Staying high and invisible, Lucifer manages to explore relatively unimpeded. Occasionally he crosses paths with small groups of rebels quickly moving between halls, checking cells and escorting civilians back in the direction of the main hall. He also manages to slip by guards who are patrolling the halls....and two in active conflict with each other. Though his observations....several key points are soon apparent.

    The Rebels are searching for someone named Mulvric, with repeated references to him bring of some significance within their group...referred to multiple times as "boss" and more interestingly as "engineer".

    The Guards are completely at a loss as to whats going on, with some barely aware there is an attack happening. It seems that the alarms have not been tripped despite all the action that has been going on, and communications are being messed with by an external source.

    Finally...and most importantly, Mulvric is being held in the detention block that is 3 floors below the terminal through an access lift.

    This is information that would clearly help the rebels....assuming he doesn't wish to verify it himself first.

  15. #120
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Consciously lowering his Presence to keep the guards from noticing him, Matthias stayed close to the wall as he moved cautiously. Looking around as he did, he considered the other prison cells and those inside, but there was no time to open them all, or was there? There had to be a master switch, he thought to himself. The question was where was it located?

    Using the same skills he uses to track down valuable artifacts, Seek and Find, he sought out a mechanism that would allow him to open all the cells at once.
    The escalating chaos keeping everyone distracted, Mathias is able to seek out something to help....a panel near the entrance that seemed to act as a master console to the prison area. There was a key to trigger the cell doors as well as one to activate a wing wide cell purge.

    Pain wasn't enough of a deterrent, unfortunately; and what damage the bullet managed was returned several-fold.

    Of course, the cha-chak of rounds being cycled in preparation for a more... painful barrage, did shift her focus; so removing yet another explosive scale the Dragon grinned, before chucking it at the nearest gunman.

    "Bang."
    The scale nearly reached the guard....perhaps being not a hair breath from exploding. Surely his life flashed before his eyes for a moment.....

    ....and then a loud "clunk" sounded as something caught the scale mid air and smacked it against the wall in a quickly expanding ball of goo that completely encapsulated it.

    The escort leader held a large weapon in is hands, and with a casual click a empty cartridge the size of a tangerine was ejected from it. "Familiar bitch..." He pulled the trigger.

    Immediately a ball of what could best be described as ice cold slime splattered against her right shoulder and expanded into a rubber like sticky foam...the scales underneath were render inert of energy and she could feel it leeching her strength....as it had the first time she had been caught.

    *clunk* The cartridge ejected.

    Before he could fire again however...

    She had no choice but to wait. They were armed and she didn't know where her sword was. Bastards. She frowned and looked again at the fighting at the end of the hall. Her gaze focused on the escort leader. He was the focal point. Without him and his orders, the other three guards would be in disarray.

    She had her target.

    A gold-tinge apparition of her knee struck the escort leader in the back of the head.
    A well time attack from the rear knocked him off balance, firing the goop onto the floor where it made a sticky energy sucking patch......and he immediately fell head first in it. The helmet keept him from being knocked out, butXia could hear him furiously cursing in pain and confusion while trying and failing to pull his head out of the goop.

    One of the two remaining guards turned and realized what had happened.....then turned back to Arx tearing his friend apart and seemed to come to a realization that this shit wasn't worth the effort....and makes a run past Xia to the door out.

    Leaving only one more guard who was now firing wildly at Arx with gritted teeth.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •