Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 786
  1. #136
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24,780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    The way to the lift and the trip down take no more then a few minutes.

    Upon exiting several levels below, he can vaguely hear the sounds of combat nearby......and further investigation would lead him to the source....



    The button did its job...behind him the barriers all turned off in rapid succession.

    At the same time...the door to his immediate left opened, and there was nobody on the other end. Just a hallway with nothing in it......

    ....nothing he could see anyways. Lucifer was there.....but still invisible.
    As he looked down the hallway, he scanned it using Seek, and much to his surprise there was someone hiding within. Was it a witch? A prisoner? He needed to know if it was ally or adversary,.

    He stepped inside the hallway and increased his Presence to normal levels as he approached the one in hiding. "This place is no place to be. Go if you are prisoner or civilian. If you are Witch or on their side, I will not let you enter, not yet."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  2. #137
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    14,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    The impact knocks the escort leader out....or at least Xia could assume, since he stopped moving.

    The other guard made a rush for the exit, not even bothering to try and stop Mathias who was kneeling next to the controls.

    Still...he wasn't quite fast enough, and a attack from behind sent him tumbling to the foot of the door.

    "Ack....Stop...I give up! Don't kill me!" He screams in panic...throwing his weapon down and waving his hands. "That thing is gonna eat us all alive!"
    She stopped him just in time. The man, rather than stand and fight a futile battle, started begging for his life. How easily they turn to cowardice when the tables are against them. She wasn't sure, but she recalled one of the guards' reaction to the annoying dragon woman's constant begging to go home. Even if it wasn't this one, he did nothing and would have delighted in seeing her die. Now that his life was nearing its end, he wished to beg for his.

    Heh. Ironic.

    Xia rose to her feet and picked up the rifle he discarded. Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed an open cell. Recalling to a few moments ago, she knew exactly how to deal with this one for good. "..." She grabbed his leg and dragged him toward the cell. With a soft grunt, she tossed him inside and closed the barrier.
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 07-11-2020 at 06:09 PM.

  3. #138
    Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    The way to the lift and the trip down take no more then a few minutes.

    Upon exiting several levels below, he can vaguely hear the sounds of combat nearby......and further investigation would lead him to the source....
    Strange...

    Unless they managed to bypass him somehow, no one from EN or the rebels should be down here yet- the conversations from when he was up above would have been different.

    So why was there fighting here now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    As he looked down the hallway, he scanned it using Seek, and much to his surprise there was someone hiding within. Was it a witch? A prisoner? He needed to know if it was ally or adversary,.

    He stepped inside the hallway and increased his Presence to normal levels as he approached the one in hiding. "This place is no place to be. Go if you are prisoner or civilian. If you are Witch or on their side, I will not let you enter, not yet."
    The querying thought was answered almost immediately in worrying- almost alarming- fashion as what appeared to be neither a guard nor member of EN headed directly towards despite him being invisible. As the man- likely either someone involved with the fighting down at this level or an opportunist who managed to free themselves during the commotion- approached, he seemed to slowly become more real, as though he wasn't quite all there before. It was, to be honest, rather unnerving.

    "As much as I'd rather not be anywhere near here right now," Lucifer spoke as he revealed himself, unwilling to waste the energy maintaining something that was apparently pointless, "I'm afraid that leaving isn't exactly on the table for me at the moment. Not until I confirm whether someone named Mulvric is actually here or not. Are you he?"
    For all your LuxWeave needs, just contact Lucifer Radiare

  4. #139
    The Undead One The Chou Lives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,698

    Default

    “ I am not going to do anything else for now, considering I am out of the damned loop of things to know.”

    Did not appreciate the guns, why he torched earlier, besides the flames were not even the most powerful attack he could conjure. Just waits, to see what will happen next.

    “ I know the government are dicks, but why cause this chaos? Isn’t there a better way to change things?”

  5. #140
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24,780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    Strange...

    Unless they managed to bypass him somehow, no one from EN or the rebels should be down here yet- the conversations from when he was up above would have been different.

    So why was there fighting here now?



    The querying thought was answered almost immediately in worrying- almost alarming- fashion as what appeared to be neither a guard nor member of EN headed directly towards despite him being invisible. As the man- likely either someone involved with the fighting down at this level or an opportunist who managed to free themselves during the commotion- approached, he seemed to slowly become more real, as though he wasn't quite all there before. It was, to be honest, rather unnerving.

    "As much as I'd rather not be anywhere near here right now," Lucifer spoke as he revealed himself, unwilling to waste the energy maintaining something that was apparently pointless, "I'm afraid that leaving isn't exactly on the table for me at the moment. Not until I confirm whether someone named Mulvric is actually here or not. Are you he?"
    Matthias showed no reaction when the man suddenly became visible. It was an impressive talent, one worthy of a Witch. Yet this man showed no signs or obvious markings of a Witch. If he was one, then he'd already know the answer to his question. For a moment he considered questioning the man, but all things considered it was not worth doing so.

    "The name Mulvric sounds familiar, however, I do not know him. If he is who I think he might be, then I last saw him brought in under heavy escort. He would be in the last cell on the far end of this prison floor. All of the cell doors are open, so he may have escaped..." he glanced back towards the prison, before turning back and continuing, "though it seems some prisoners have chosen to remain within and take revenge on the Guards. In my opinion, that is not a wise choice as it will likely bring the more powerful Guardians and Witches down here. I had hoped that most of the prisoners would escape, and do so quickly."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  6. #141
    Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Matthias showed no reaction when the man suddenly became visible. It was an impressive talent, one worthy of a Witch. Yet this man showed no signs or obvious markings of a Witch. If he was one, then he'd already know the answer to his question. For a moment he considered questioning the man, but all things considered it was not worth doing so.

    "The name Mulvric sounds familiar, however, I do not know him. If he is who I think he might be, then I last saw him brought in under heavy escort. He would be in the last cell on the far end of this prison floor. All of the cell doors are open, so he may have escaped..." he glanced back towards the prison, before turning back and continuing, "though it seems some prisoners have chosen to remain within and take revenge on the Guards. In my opinion, that is not a wise choice as it will likely bring the more powerful Guardians and Witches down here. I had hoped that most of the prisoners would escape, and do so quickly."
    Assuming the other man's words were true, then that was both good and bad news- good that the man was here and EN wasn't wasting their time and bad that the prisoners were potentially screwing themselves and everyone else just to screw with the guards.

    "They may have more time and leeway than you'd think, given the lack of alarm upstairs despite EN attacking the place looking for him," Lucifer said, freely giving away information he may not have under more normal circumstances. "Either this place's security is as trashy as the guards' attitudes, or they're somehow actively suppressing alarms and communication between here and the Guardians and Witches. Regardless of which is true, given that they've been helping civilians get out of this place there's a chance that you could leave with them- or at least, use the commotion they're causing to get yourself out. I'll probably do something similar once I confirm Mulvric's here. Excuse me."

    With that, Lucifer attempts to go past Matthias, further inside the prison (becoming invisible once more if allowed to pass).
    For all your LuxWeave needs, just contact Lucifer Radiare

  7. #142
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24,780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    Assuming the other man's words were true, then that was both good and bad news- good that the man was here and EN wasn't wasting their time and bad that the prisoners were potentially screwing themselves and everyone else just to screw with the guards.

    "They may have more time and leeway than you'd think, given the lack of alarm upstairs despite EN attacking the place looking for him," Lucifer said, freely giving away information he may not have under more normal circumstances. "Either this place's security is as trashy as the guards' attitudes, or they're somehow actively suppressing alarms and communication between here and the Guardians and Witches. Regardless of which is true, given that they've been helping civilians get out of this place there's a chance that you could leave with them- or at least, use the commotion they're causing to get yourself out. I'll probably do something similar once I confirm Mulvric's here. Excuse me."

    With that, Lucifer attempts to go past Matthias, further inside the prison (becoming invisible once more if allowed to pass).
    It did seem strange that the whole cell block hasn't been irradiated by now, and the explosion earlier. Was it planned or by chance that the arrival of the evacuees from 9 coincided with the apprehension of Mulvic? He knew the name sounded familiar. What mattered more was the fact that EN was involved, which means that the Ghost is probably with them. Civilians escaping one chaos and finding themselves right in the middle of another.

    As the invisible man tried to push past him, Matthias held him back. "Those prisoners in there won't know you from one of their captors. If they catch you, you'll be torn to shreds. You are not a member of EN, yet I believe i understand why you are doing this. There is an easier way to know the location of Mulvric before going into the lion's den. Wait here a moment."

    Matthias lowered his Presence enough so as not to be noticed. He then walked back to the prison and scanned the room using Find. Knowing now the connection between Mulviric and the Ghost, and visualizing the image of the man brought in earlier in full-body restraints, he should be able to tell if Mulvric was still here and if so which cell he was in.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  8. #143
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    19,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    What happened next was best left strickened from the record....and thankfully spared from the others by the angle, sufficed to say.....someone just died in a very messy way.
    A man's jaw was far weaker than it looked with the right leverage. As was the rest of him.. and by the time the woman slipped back out of the cell; there was little left for anyone to tell where one man started and the other ended. Just a tapestry of gore.

    Still so hungry... Though not fatally so. Just an itch to scratch, in time.

    Caked in core, and still partially on fire; the Dragon turned and picked up the 'device' that had seen to her initial imprisonment...

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    A well time attack from the rear knocked him off balance, firing the goop onto the floor where it made a sticky energy sucking patch......and he immediately fell head first in it. The helmet kept him from being knocked out, but Xia could hear him furiously cursing in pain and confusion while trying and failing to pull his head out of the goop.
    Interestingly... she didn't kill this one. Simply fished around in his various pockets seemingly looking for ammunition or anything of worth; while he was pinned to the floor and utterly helpless. Though this seeming incongruity was clarified succinctly, when the Dragon's maw opened and that frightened voice returned- this time laced with sardonic bemusement.

    "Hunting's no fun when your prey doesn't move."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

    Arxiros "Arx" Inosaan | Inanna

  9. #144
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    She stopped him just in time. The man, rather than stand and fight a futile battle, started begging for his life. How easily they turn to cowardice when the tables are against them. She wasn't sure, but she recalled one of the guards' reaction to the annoying dragon woman's constant begging to go home. Even if it wasn't this one, he did nothing and would have delighted in seeing her die. Now that his life was nearing its end, he wished to beg for his.

    Heh. Ironic.

    Xia rose to her feet and picked up the rifle he discarded. Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed an open cell. Recalling to a few moments ago, she knew exactly how to deal with this one for good. "..." She grabbed his leg and dragged him toward the cell. With a soft grunt, she tossed him inside and closed the barrier.
    The guard rolled to a step in the cell, looking up in time to see the barrier close.

    ".....w...wait.....you can't lock me in here....she'll just tear through the barrier!" He runs up leans in so he can glance around the side to where Arx was busy rifling through the downed guards pockets. "She's a witch killer, a murderer....o...once she's done with him....oh god.........." He looked at Xia, and for a moment he struggled to resist simply collapsing and begging for her life.

    ".....don't leave me in here........I have a family....please..."

  10. #145
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    Assuming the other man's words were true, then that was both good and bad news- good that the man was here and EN wasn't wasting their time and bad that the prisoners were potentially screwing themselves and everyone else just to screw with the guards.

    "They may have more time and leeway than you'd think, given the lack of alarm upstairs despite EN attacking the place looking for him," Lucifer said, freely giving away information he may not have under more normal circumstances. "Either this place's security is as trashy as the guards' attitudes, or they're somehow actively suppressing alarms and communication between here and the Guardians and Witches. Regardless of which is true, given that they've been helping civilians get out of this place there's a chance that you could leave with them- or at least, use the commotion they're causing to get yourself out. I'll probably do something similar once I confirm Mulvric's here. Excuse me."

    With that, Lucifer attempts to go past Matthias, further inside the prison (becoming invisible once more if allowed to pass).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    It did seem strange that the whole cell block hasn't been irradiated by now, and the explosion earlier. Was it planned or by chance that the arrival of the evacuees from 9 coincided with the apprehension of Mulvic? He knew the name sounded familiar. What mattered more was the fact that EN was involved, which means that the Ghost is probably with them. Civilians escaping one chaos and finding themselves right in the middle of another.

    As the invisible man tried to push past him, Matthias held him back. "Those prisoners in there won't know you from one of their captors. If they catch you, you'll be torn to shreds. You are not a member of EN, yet I believe i understand why you are doing this. There is an easier way to know the location of Mulvric before going into the lion's den. Wait here a moment."

    Matthias lowered his Presence enough so as not to be noticed. He then walked back to the prison and scanned the room using Find. Knowing now the connection between Mulviric and the Ghost, and visualizing the image of the man brought in earlier in full-body restraints, he should be able to tell if Mulvric was still here and if so which cell he was in.
    Near the back end of the Prison area, in the rear left cell. Mulvric is sitting behind the debris from the earlier escape....using Arx former cell for cover. He had been working through his restrains while Arx had been causing chaos and had succeeded in getting himself free. He was now cautiously observing events....specifically what the dragon was doing.

  11. #146
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    14,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    The guard rolled to a step in the cell, looking up in time to see the barrier close.

    ".....w...wait.....you can't lock me in here....she'll just tear through the barrier!" He runs up leans in so he can glance around the side to where Arx was busy rifling through the downed guards pockets. "She's a witch killer, a murderer....o...once she's done with him....oh god.........." He looked at Xia, and for a moment he struggled to resist simply collapsing and begging for her life.

    ".....don't leave me in here........I have a family....please..."
    Xia looked at the guard coldly as he continued to beg and plead. She had already made up her mind, and no amount of groveling was going to change it. Even the mention of his family, who without doubt depended on him for support and provision, did little to sway her. "She will," Xia spoke softly. Her gaze cut to the dragon woman, whose rampage finally seemed to end. "But, she won't." She pressed the button to activate the cell purge. "Because I will. Cherish your final moments. Death is a mercy few are afforded."

    She stepped back, her eyes never leaving his. "Far be it for your family to depend on a groveling coward."

  12. #147
    Invincible Jersey Girl Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    24,780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Near the back end of the Prison area, in the rear left cell. Mulvric is sitting behind the debris from the earlier escape....using Arx former cell for cover. He had been working through his restraints while Arx had been causing chaos and had succeeded in getting himself free. He was now cautiously observing events....specifically what the dragon was doing.
    Returning back to Lucifer, "I have located Mulvric. He is in a cell, far to the back and to the left as facing in that direction. I sense that he is free, but it seems that the dragon girl's actions are what is keeping him and the other prisoners from escaping. It is your choice, leave and tell the EN what I told you. Then leave this in their hands, or help me find a way to deal with the Dragon so that he, and the others, can escape."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  13. #148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    The two arrives quickly on the roof, across which they spotted Kinu holding mercer and speaking into a communicator.


    The both of them heard it loud and clear.

    So did Mercer....who despite his protests seemed to go pale in the face.

    Over the com, traffic exploded.

    "There's a witch here already?" "Shit we haven't even fou.." "Quiet! She's on the com line so she's listening in!"

    The last voice was female, and similar enough to the one that shouted from the terminal doorway to cue kinu in on who it was.
    As the words reached her ears, Kinu leaned inward, the mask's unmoving smile seemed to spread as she peered through the glass between her feet. With each step she took, little fractures began to spiderweb under the combined weight of herself and Mercer.

    Precarious stage, but she could see there was nothing short of a full house below. Still, something didn't quite add up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of HellÂ’s Brigade View Post
    OwenÂ’s hands go up, one holding an umbrella, the other empty, as he gently lands on the roof.

    “Now now, no need for further bloodshed or violence.”

    OdinÂ’s Eye lets him know if she attempts to pull the trigger. His psychokinesis on the ready to either stop the hammer of the gun, or the trigger, from being used/pulled/moving back.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    “ I am not going to do anything else for now, considering I am out of the damned loop of things to know.”

    Did not appreciate the guns, why he torched earlier, besides the flames were not even the most powerful attack he could conjure. Just waits, to see what will happen next.

    “ I know the government are dicks, but why cause this chaos? Isn’t there a better way to change things?”
    Below her, in the terminal, she saw a flash of red for a split second looking up from the crowd moving in before it vanished.....

    .....and then something cold and distinctively gun shaped was digging into the side of her head.

    "Ange..." Mercer croaked in pain.

    ".....No sudden movements..." Ange spoke quietly. ".......that goes for the rest of you." She quickly shoots a glance at the two others. "So....Since my friend is still alive, Your either a bad liar or a witch with a conscience.....but think I won't put a bullet in your either way. Let him go...."
    "Hmm...?"

    The cold barrel pressed at the edge of her mask, then she felt the glass wobble under her as two others joined in on this crude interrogation from behind.

    Seems Mercer here called in a tag during a free for all event.

    The alchemist on the street, and one other. Even though Red called them over to the terminal, they too must have noticed something wasn't right, for they too had questions.

    As Owen negotiated and Levin inquired, slowly, Kinu began to shift Mercer around. She released the hold she had over his neck, slowly folding him forward at the waist over her shoulder, opposite where Ange pointed the gun.

    "Your man has a lot of loyalty...especially since all you wanted was to pick up a Package from the Skyport," Kinu mused behind her ceramic mask. She did not yet release him, shifting her weight to one side over the glass, testing its resistance.

    "But you haven't found him or her yet, have you? You botched. And with this many people involved, your countdown's already started. Or are you going to blow them all away too?"
    Last edited by grampagen; 07-11-2020 at 09:42 PM.

  14. #149
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    A man's jaw was far weaker than it looked with the right leverage. As was the rest of him.. and by the time the woman slipped back out of the cell; there was little left for anyone to tell where one man started and the other ended. Just a tapestry of gore.

    Still so hungry... Though not fatally so. Just an itch to scratch, in time.

    Caked in core, and still partially on fire; the Dragon turned and picked up the 'device' that had seen to her initial imprisonment...



    Interestingly... she didn't kill this one. Simply fished around in his various pockets seemingly looking for ammunition or anything of worth; while he was pinned to the floor and utterly helpless. Though this seeming incongruity was clarified succinctly, when the Dragon's maw opened and that frightened voice returned- this time laced with sardonic bemusement.

    "Hunting's no fun when your prey doesn't move."
    Item Acquired:
    Magi-Inhibitor Foam Cannon
    2 Cartridges

    As Arx finished with her search, she felt eyes on her back from the corner....Mulvric was peering at her from the corner of his cell, with the last guard being dealt with by Xia...the coast seemed clear.

    "Hey.....Miss..." He finally spoke up. ".....not gonna lie......wasn't expecting a lot of what just happened....an here I was thinkin the rep they were boasting on you was 80% bullshit. But just so you kno...I got no conflict with ya." He raised his hands. "....Not exactly the kinda guy worth the effort....just one that knows a few people....and if your willin to not gut me like that other guard, maybe we can come to a temporary truce."

  15. #150
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Xia looked at the guard coldly as he continued to beg and plead. She had already made up her mind, and no amount of groveling was going to change it. Even the mention of his family, who without doubt depended on him for support and provision, did little to sway her. "She will," Xia spoke softly. Her gaze cut to the dragon woman, whose rampage finally seemed to end. "But, she won't." She pressed the button to activate the cell purge. "Because I will. Cherish your final moments. Death is a mercy few are afforded."

    She stepped back, her eyes never leaving his. "Far be it for your family to depend on a groveling coward."
    The Guard seemed to sigh, his last moments were resigned to his fate.

    "....ya.....ya I know.......I..."

    His last words were cut off by the bright white flash, and then nothing remained.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •