Page 53 of 79 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

"Haven't got a clue," the man shook his head. His aged muscles were visibly straining under the girl's weight, as light as she was. "Just stumbled onto the street and nearly collapsed... seems like she got into a fight of sorts, or maybe she was running from somethin'. Couldn't tell you what -- maybe it ain't a good idea for us to stick around neither."

Quote Originally Posted by Melon God View Post
    "Haven't got a clue," the man shook his head. His aged muscles were visibly straining under the girl's weight, as light as she was. "Just stumbled onto the street and nearly collapsed... seems like she got into a fight of sorts, or maybe she was running from somethin'. Couldn't tell you what -- maybe it ain't a good idea for us to stick around neither."
    "Not for you, maybe." Arx said simply before stepping over and looking down at the man.

Whatever it was that'd took a pass at the girl had done a number. Broken bones, gashes, head wound... if she hadn't known better- especially considering she never left this kind of 'mess' behind- Arx would've assumed this was her fault.

Hm.

Mor-gi-ana, needed help.

Arx reached out to take the girl from the old geezer.

"I'll take her from here."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The old man gave the woman a suspicious look, but handed her over nonetheless.

"If you know what you're doin', sure..."

The old man gave the woman a suspicious look, but handed her over nonetheless.

"If you know what you're doin', sure..."
    Arx quickly slung the girl over her shoulders and began to retreat the way she'd come; though the old man's comment was enough for her to pause and say.

"No... I usually eat them."

With that, the Dragon scampered back to camp. Surely one of the others could help fix the girl; if not it'd be up to her. Which meant torn scraps of clothing, and searing the open wounds. Something that probably wouldn't go over well.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Omu passed for a moment, taking the Kabuki warrior's words in. While disdain for the Administratum wasn't uncommon, this group was the first time he'd seen it displayed so brazenly. At least so brazenly, and not squashed as soon as possible by the powers that be. But it was as Kinu said...this could not be ignored.

He would have to change his mind. Most of these people would make bad recruits after all...but if they could become something else interesting? Omg chuckled to himself.

"So, what is it yer after, precisely? "
    Kinu leaned forward, elbows crossed over her knees. Idly grasping at her mask, her mischievous grin widened as she lift it before her lips thoughtfully.

"What I want is a thing that won't slough off after a few bumps," she said. "What I want won't become distorted by someone rubbin' off on it and calling it something else. That won't change on account of magic, corruption, or even the Ruin itself."

Reaching low, her hand swayed missed the beer can on the first pass, stumbling a bit before she cracked open her fourth.

"What I want, Mr. Mushi Shinobi, is to find something Eternal."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Owen leans against the wall and waits, watching Mulvric and his people prepare. He keeps his eyes and senses alert, knowing it won’t be long until something big happens.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

In the darkness of the alley across the street, a figure shambled forward, its arm leaning against the side of the building for support. He watched quietly, at first with curiosity, and then with some amount of surprise when the figure revealed itself in the sunlight.

The man dropped his things and hurried over, physically supporting the injured woman by throwing her arm over his shoulder and hoisting her up. She seemed to be just barely clinging onto consciousness -- her head was bleeding pretty badly, and her other arm dangled at a twisted angle. She looked to have suffered some injuries to her back as well; deep gashes and bruises, like she'd been struck while fleeing from something. Looking both ways down the road, the man cleared the phlegm from this throat, hoarse from years of smoking, and coughed a few times before shouting aloud.

"Is anyone there?" he called, adjusting to catch the young woman from slipping off his back. "Someone's hurt!"

Morgen's lids fluttered.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Arx quickly slung the girl over her shoulders and began to retreat the way she'd come; though the old man's comment was enough for her to pause and say.

"No... I usually eat them."

With that, the Dragon scampered back to camp. Surely one of the others could help fix the girl; if not it'd be up to her. Which meant torn scraps of clothing, and searing the open wounds. Something that probably wouldn't go over well.
    In anticipation of the hike back outside of the walls, Kinu had been...commandeering a few essentials from what she could scrounge around the bunker. For instance, filtered water from a tap was a luxury when you were used to skimming the surface from brown-green springs, and anything could happen out there.

Seated before a cabinet and its contents spilled about the modest rug in that foyer, she'd been testing the strength of some twine when some rather heavy footfalls came through the door. One was a face that'd started to get a bit of a reputation the other night, but the other was someone she wasn't quite expecting.

Popping up, she fell her hands in a starting guard for just a second, until she examined the situation closer. ...nah, if it was that, there'd be nothing left.

"...I take it Rosie didn't make it home after all," she said. "Lay her down, let's take a look..."

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    In anticipation of the hike back outside of the walls, Kinu had been...commandeering a few essentials from what she could scrounge around the bunker. For instance, filtered water from a tap was a luxury when you were used to skimming the surface from brown-green springs, and anything could happen out there.

Seated before a cabinet and its contents spilled about the modest rug in that foyer, she'd been testing the strength of some twine when some rather heavy footfalls came through the door. One was a face that'd started to get a bit of a reputation the other night, but the other was someone she wasn't quite expecting.

Popping up, she fell her hands in a starting guard for just a second, until she examined the situation closer. ...nah, if it was that, there'd be nothing left.

"...I take it Rosie didn't make it home after all," she said. "Lay her down, let's take a look..."
    It was a bit of a blessing, that Arx happened upon Kinu and not one of the others. Two in particular may have turned this into a short-lived brawl; something the dying girl slung over her shoulder hardly needed in the moment.

So when the woman asked for Morgiana to be plopped on the ground, Arx simply laid her out gently. "She's dying." The Dragon commented, before pointing at specific wounds. "Blood loss. Here." The gashes. "Possibly here." The head wound. The mangled arm was obvious enough, so Arx simply gestured at it.

"Not sure how." Though she smelled faint traces of magic. Odds of it being discharge from Morgiana's wounds however was an even split with something foreign.

Though with this amount of damage...

"... Not important, yea?" She said it more for herself, than Kinu; but it'd be obvious enough Arx was trying to help.

Arx Inosaan

( Well my log issues are over. Just still cannot place where to put him.)

Currently at hw, was helping pack and manage all the items as he was getting ready for the move. Has killed his temper but has not been social at all, just cannot relate to anyone, it was his own problem that he had to work on. Currently getting radios situated and keeping tabs of things when they had to leave the city.

Is still alone ultimately.

It was a bit of a blessing, that Arx happened upon Kinu and not one of the others. Two in particular may have turned this into a short-lived brawl; something the dying girl slung over her shoulder hardly needed in the moment.

So when the woman asked for Morgiana to be plopped on the ground, Arx simply laid her out gently. "She's dying." The Dragon commented, before pointing at specific wounds. "Blood loss. Here." The gashes. "Possibly here." The head wound. The mangled arm was obvious enough, so Arx simply gestured at it.

"Not sure how." Though she smelled faint traces of magic. Odds of it being discharge from Morgiana's wounds however was an even split with something foreign.

Though with this amount of damage...

"... Not important, yea?" She said it more for herself, than Kinu; but it'd be obvious enough Arx was trying to help.
    Kneeling over where Morgen was laid out, Kinu laid two fingers by the noblesse's jugular, then held her other hand before her nose and mouth to check her breathing as she studied the extent of her injuries. The gash on her head in particular was in a bad way.

"...I've seen plenty of bumps worse than this. She ain't gonna die," she concluded, though it was hardly a brushoff as Kinu followed this appraisal with a frown. "Not gonna be good to go, either, 'til somethin' is done."

Seizing a pilfered towel, she tore it lengthwise into rags, rolling up one into her palm as she put some pressure on Morgen's head wound.

"Sometimes a bleeder looks a lot worse than it is. Bang it up once, it won't stop till it plugs itself up," she mused. "Can't really clean her up any better 'til we do."

Where she sat beside her, Kinu's attention then turned to the limb kinked unnaturally backward. "But what's more worrisome is that arm....mmh..."

Kinu looked around the room hurriedly for a moment. "Dragon, hold this for a sec. Gonna need both hands in a sec."

Then, rather callously, she toppled over one of the safehouse's parlour tables and snapped off one its legs.

"...might need to hold her down, she ain't gonna like this."

Why, specifically, she did not say. Now, to figure out if this is a break or a dislocation... Skimming her fingers over Morgen's elbow, she tried to assess the bone through the skin...

Retired Overlord

Kneeling over where Morgen was laid out, Kinu laid two fingers by the noblesse's jugular, then held her other hand before her nose and mouth to check her breathing as she studied the extent of her injuries. The gash on her head in particular was in a bad way.

"...I've seen plenty of bumps worse than this. She ain't gonna die," she concluded, though it was hardly a brushoff as Kinu followed this appraisal with a frown. "Not gonna be good to go, either, 'til somethin' is done."

Seizing a pilfered towel, she tore it lengthwise into rags, rolling up one into her palm as she put some pressure on Morgen's head wound.

"Sometimes a bleeder looks a lot worse than it is. Bang it up once, it won't stop till it plugs itself up," she mused. "Can't really clean her up any better 'til we do."

Where she sat beside her, Kinu's attention then turned to the limb kinked unnaturally backward. "But what's more worrisome is that arm....mmh..."

Kinu looked around the room hurriedly for a moment. "Dragon, hold this for a sec. Gonna need both hands in a sec."

Then, rather callously, she toppled over one of the safehouse's parlour tables and snapped off one its legs.

Why, specifically, she did not say. Now, to figure out if this is a break or a dislocation... Skimming her fingers over Morgen's elbow, she tried to assess the bone through the skin...
    "Hey!" A concerned voice called out as Ange ducked down into the shelter. "The hell you people still doing here, we need to..." Her eyes fell down on Morgan, and immediately she rushed over.

"****.....I fucking knew it. God damnit I fucking knew it...." Ange bit her lip in frustration. "......where did you find her? Was there any admins around? How is she doing?" The rebel hopped over while firing off a series of nervous questions and eyeing the wounded girl with concern.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Hey!" A concerned voice called out as Ange ducked down into the shelter. "The hell you people still doing here, we need to..." Her eyes fell down on Morgan, and immediately she rushed over.

"****.....I fucking knew it. God damnit I fucking knew it...." Ange bit her lip in frustration. "......where did you find her? Was there any admins around? How is she doing?" The rebel hopped over while firing off a series of nervous questions and eyeing the wounded girl with concern.
    "...I dunno, Amateur Hour," Kinu replied. A new nickname from 'Red' reflecting a plummeting level of respect. "I thought she was supposed to go home the way she asked, but it looks like that didn't happen."

Having knocked her out with barely a love-tap not more than a day before, Arx opted not to say why she believed the girl was dying. Instead she impatiently licked the blood from her claws- concerned as she was, magic-laced blood was magic-laced blood- while Kinu assessed their 'patient'.

When the table leg was offered, the Dragon's tail wrapped around from behind to snatch it out of the wrestler's hand. "If you're quick enough she won't have time to fight it."

The girl was terribly slow. Another red flag... Or the earmark of a dimwitted 'hunter'.

"Do what you need to. I'll be here to keep her still."

Arx Inosaan

Having knocked her out with barely a love-tap not more than a day before, Arx opted not to say why she believed the girl was dying. Instead she impatiently licked the blood from her claws- concerned as she was, magic-laced blood was magic-laced blood- while Kinu assessed their 'patient'.

When the table leg was offered, the Dragon's tail wrapped around from behind to snatch it out of the wrestler's hand. "If you're quick enough she won't have time to fight it."

The girl was terribly slow. Another red flag... Or the earmark of a dimwitted 'hunter'.

"Do what you need to. I'll be here to keep her still."
    Selma wandered in, took notice of the 'patient', and quickly moved over, the feeling and pain of her back forgotten at the sight of the injured girl. Kneeling down and quickly looking her over, Selma frowned as she asked "OK, what exactly happened to her? Run in with a witch or what?"

Taking a deep breath, she said "Sorry for butting in, but I believe I can help. I've dealt with enough trauma like this back alone or with back-alley doctors in A-11 to the point that I was pretty much the go-to medic for people looking to get patched up after an ass-kicking but not wanting to go to people who would ask 'uncomfortable questions' about their injuries."
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post

"That noise isn't helping." Arx commented simply.

Arx Inosaan