Page 75 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2565717273747576777879 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1171
    Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Hello!" En cheerful voice came over the speakers just above Lucifer as he was moving through the halls. "Glad to see you up and about mister Radiare. Is there anything I can help you with?"
    Somewhere between the 1st deck and what appeared to be another 1st deck, Lucifer heard the disconcertingly cheerful voice of their host and froze, only relaxing a hair after he realized where he was- and by extension, where he wasn't.

"Well," Lucifer began, "I don't suppose you know of any relatively safe areas outside the suppression field, would you? As good as it may be for keeping you and yours safe and undetected, I can't say I particularly enjoy what feels like a constant attack on the entirety of my being, so I'll probably head out for a while after I take a look at what's being set up for the foray into ruin-infested memories. Other than that, there's nothing I can think of that wouldn't likely fall under things you can't or aren't allowed to tell me."
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Somehow, through some miracle blown directly out of some unknown deity's *******, Money Bag still had her head planted firmly up next to her colon. Getting her ass kicked by... someone and having to be stitched together with duct tape and tinfoil did nothing to deflate her ego.

Fine.

Xia's fists would have to pick up where the ass-kicker left off. Sadly, the girl was still injured - and almost certain suffering the effects of a concussion - so she would have to take it slow. Very, very slow. But, she was going to take it as hard as she could without hurting the girl. Luckily she didn't have to go too hard to teach this spoiled brat a lesson.
    "A pleasure to have your cooperation. Then, let's begin."

The rose petals lifted from the floor and transformed into solid pink batons, three of them spinning around Morgen defensively while nine others curved around the room and lunged at the martial artist in a fashion similar to how she had attacked the turret earlier. Maintaining their movement with conducted gestures of the hand, she directed them in short enough arcs that they should be able to chase her down and quickly renew their attacks even as she dodged around or deflected them. Her fingers tensed with concentration, prepared to alter some of their shapes at a moment's notice.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Melon God View Post
    "A pleasure to have your cooperation. Then, let's begin."

The rose petals lifted from the floor and transformed into solid pink batons, three of them spinning around Morgen defensively while nine others curved around the room and lunged at the martial artist in a fashion similar to how she had attacked the turret earlier. Maintaining their movement with conducted gestures of the hand, she directed them in short enough arcs that they should be able to chase her down and quickly renew their attacks even as she dodged around or deflected them. Her fingers tensed with concentration, prepared to alter some of their shapes at a moment's notice.
    When the very same pedals that destroyed the gun started to move again with a simple gesture with her as the point of convergence, Xia didn't react right away. Her first instinct was to run for cover. She knew how destructive these little flowers were; one hit and she may not have been done, but was going to be hurting for a while. Instead of moving, her eyes followed the pedals, studying their speed and measuring their orientation and distance from her. From there, she determined her strategy. Forging straight ahead was stupid. Around, on the other hand...

Cloud Floats Over the Stream

Her strength had increased slightly in the last day. She didn't know how, but it had. Mass lowered to nothing more than a feather, she leaped from her spot to midway up the wall she had been pressed against minutes earlier. She was a blur of motion as she bounced from the wall to the ceiling, then propelling herself down behind Morgen. She batted one of the batons that was rotating around Morgen and thrust her leg out to sweep her legs out from under her.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

The pan hissed red and white with chili and garlic, and tossed with the rust-red cubes, another side dish was prepared. White meat, dark meat, bone-broth, and miscellaneous, Kinu let not a scrap go to waste.

Strangely, Levin had grown silent the moment he'd offered to help. Can't really blame him, she assured herself, It's only natural, after all, when faced with sheer greatness.

And speaking of grandiose things, a long time had passed since the five chickens had slid into the oven. Rendered boneless in their own fat and juices for...must have been an hour and a bit? She pulled out Dr. Horo's reserve from the heat of their aluminum cloister.

Crisp skin, golden-brown, aromatic with just a hint of garlic, when she leaned in to behold it, the dry heat blasted her in the face with such a savory concentration, she'd become stupefied by her own creation as it sizzled on the middle rack.

"Guh..." she drooled, then pulled the platter-sized casserole from the oven and set it down.

O glory of glories....O culinary testament to the majesty of flavourful ingenuity....

"...five," she stammered, "FIVE CHICKENS! OHHH YEAHHH!!!!"

( Was busy with school work, 6 classes to, al online and shot with a one on site.)

“ That, looks really good. What can you not do well?”

A compliment, not a flirt. Due to well character development, not there yet. Still, there were some good people here. Was with her as he followed her into this madness.

“ Seriously though, this, kicking ass and stirring a ruckus. Also you must have lived out of the cities, your a good piece of work.” Soft smile then. Trying to be respectful.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    ( Was busy with school work, 6 classes to, al online and shot with a one on site.)

“ That, looks really good. What can you not do well?”

A compliment, not a flirt. Due to well character development, not there yet. Still, there were some good people here. Was with her as he followed her into this madness.

“ Seriously though, this, kicking ass and stirring a ruckus. Also you must have lived out of the cities, your a good piece of work.” Soft smile then. Trying to be respectful.
    OOC: Just figured I'd poke for a response, lol

IC: Scratching the surface of the skin with a fork repeatedly, Kinu tilt her head to one side.

"...what gave it away? Or is it somethin' with folks cooped up in the walled-up world that makes 'em feel like they know everything?" How hard can you be anyway when you rely on someone else's roof over your head? These past few days were spoiled for these little luxuries. At least this guy isn't trying to explain life outside like he'd been there, fuh-fuh.

The fowl was roasted. Now she tilt the dish over and collected the melted fat that pooled at the bottom into another vessel.

"When you've lived on your own, you take what you need to do right by yourself," she said, "and if the worst kinda people get rustled by it, well, that's their ass."

Bloodstained, jagged knife in hand, Kinu started sawing a potato in half before turning a glimpse toward the EN expedition leader.

"...ain't that right, Mulvric?"

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    As he walked in the direction Mulvaric gave him, Matthias passed by a room with the door slightly ajar. Pausing, he then went to the room and looked inside, opening the door slightly to see what was inside. With the dampers on, he couldn't fully trust himself to know if anyone was in there or not, yet he was curious enough to take a chance.
    Opening the door wider, he looked inside and could immediately tell that the room was unoccupied at the moment. It was dark enough so he couldn't see much else within.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    OOC: Just figured I'd poke for a response, lol

IC: Scratching the surface of the skin with a fork repeatedly, Kinu tilt her head to one side.

"...what gave it away? Or is it somethin' with folks cooped up in the walled-up world that makes 'em feel like they know everything?" How hard can you be anyway when you rely on someone else's roof over your head? These past few days were spoiled for these little luxuries. At least this guy isn't trying to explain life outside like he'd been there, fuh-fuh.

The fowl was roasted. Now she tilt the dish over and collected the melted fat that pooled at the bottom into another vessel.

"When you've lived on your own, you take what you need to do right by yourself," she said, "and if the worst kinda people get rustled by it, well, that's their ass."

Bloodstained, jagged knife in hand, Kinu started sawing a potato in half before turning a glimpse toward the EN expedition leader.

"...ain't that right, Mulvric?"

“It was your attire. It is exotic and therefore foreign meaning you had to come from somewhere else. Given state of the world, somewhere else means outside or another city. The way you handle yourself, could tell.”

: Just observing.: “ Plus not all of us city folk are soft. Still tough jobs exist and everything. I worked as a farmer on the out skirts as a child, junk collector, construction, and so forth. Recently got management job and tried my hand with my hobby. Yeah, not all of uscc BBC are big babies who do nothing and leech off society.”

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    “It was your attire. It is exotic and therefore foreign meaning you had to come from somewhere else. Given state of the world, somewhere else means outside or another city. The way you handle yourself, could tell.”

: Just observing.: “ Plus not all of us city folk are soft. Still tough jobs exist and everything. I worked as a farmer on the out skirts as a child, junk collector, construction, and so forth. Recently got management job and tried my hand with my hobby. Yeah, not all of uscc BBC are big babies who do nothing and leech off society.”
    “She is a bit more rambunctious than most from the city too. Speech patterns aren’t local either.”

Owen walks in, nodding.

“I followed my nose. A most impressive spread.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “She is a bit more rambunctious than most from the city too. Speech patterns aren’t local either.”

Owen walks in, nodding.

“I followed my nose. A most impressive spread.”
    “ Indeed, good eye. Though you need one on your line of work, I guess.”

Acknowledging him and nods. “ She did good, I provided the potatoes I guess?” As that was his job while they toured.

Opening the door wider, he looked inside and could immediately tell that the room was unoccupied at the moment. It was dark enough so he couldn't see much else within.
    "....What'cha lookin' at?" a voice drawled from above Matthias. Omu rested on the ceiling above, casually eating an orange, peel and all. "Takin' to snoopin', are we?"

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "....What'cha lookin' at?" a voice drawled from above Matthias. Omu rested on the ceiling above, casually eating an orange, peel and all. "Takin' to snoopin', are we?"
    "I suppose," Matthias straightens up, then looks up, "right now I'm looking at you. We were given permission to familiarize ourselves with this facility, so long as we don't enter into forbidden areas. So I wouldn't call it snooping."

"And how about you? Are you finding the accommodations to you liking?"

"I suppose," Matthias straightens up, then looks up, "right now I'm looking at you. We were given permission to familiarize ourselves with this facility, so long as we don't enter into forbidden areas. So I wouldn't call it snooping."

"And how about you? Are you finding the accommodations to you liking?"
    "You just went ahead, peekin' in all cautious-like, so I just kinda assumed there was some snoopin' afoot," Omu cackled. "But I'm mostly just pullin' your leg." He had to be careful about that. Humans only had two and they tended to not grow back. "As for me, there are a couple of crevices and damp places if ya know where to look. Perfect fer when I decide to snoop. Hehhehheh..."

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "You just went ahead, peekin' in all cautious-like, so I just kinda assumed there was some snoopin' afoot," Omu cackled. "But I'm mostly just pullin' your leg." He had to be careful about that. Humans only had two and they tended to not grow back. "As for me, there are a couple of crevices and damp places if ya know where to look. Perfect fer when I decide to snoop. Hehhehheh..."
    "I'll take you word for that." Leaning against the wall, "Since the topic of snooping has come up, I'm curious as to how one of your kind ended up among humans? I would have thought that any existing within the city limits would have stayed as far away from people as possible. In my line of work, a creature such as yourself fetches a high price among the more affluent tower dwellers. Even some Witches would be willing to turn a blind eye to the source and pay handsomely for someone like you." He then shrugged slightly, "Not that I have ever dealt with the acquisition and selling of living beings, except for a few rare plants. Way too much risk, not enough profit."

"I'll take you word for that." Leaning against the wall, "Since the topic of snooping has come up, I'm curious as to how one of your kind ended up among humans? I would have thought that any existing within the city limits would have stayed as far away from people as possible. In my line of work, a creature such as yourself fetches a high price among the more affluent tower dwellers. Even some Witches would be willing to turn a blind eye to the source and pay handsomely for someone like you." He then shrugged slightly, "Not that I have ever dealt with the acquisition and selling of living beings, except for a few rare plants. Way too much risk, not enough profit."
    "It's a simple thing, really," Omu noted. "I'm real good at my job. Information gathering, killin' all quiet-like. At the end of the day, information and killin' is about all people want. 'specially the rich ones. Poison a rival here, catch someone doin' somethin' they ain't s'posed to there, it's all the same. Me and my crew do the job and then we get paid. And the whole time it's like we were never there..." Omu states slinking up into the ceiling and seeming to disappear within a scroll upon the ceiling...

...only for his voice to come from within the room "Such is the way, blahblahblah....Anyways, money'n'food is the goal. Corrallin' about among the people is jsut the best means."