Page 45 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Only get seen when I wanna," Omu replied. "Otherwise, there'd be much more of a stir 'bout a giant centipede, don't you think? If there was, I'd be outta business."

"There's one other thing you can bring to a fire...and that's a story. Luckily for you, kabuki mask, I've got plenty," the Centipede ' smirked'. "Been around a long time. Which reminds me...can't say the last time I had okonomiyaki. At least one that weren't the big city kind anyway. Where's you learn to cook like that?"
    "Fuh-fuh...then either you got skills, or nobody else's been paying attention," Kinu said. Though she had some 90 less limbs, the one that clung to the Chitinous Creeper remained firm in keeping her discovery close. "I'll give you this much, it ain't easy to sneak up on the Great Kinu, much less when she's got her back against the wall."

There was a ravenous glint in her eye as they exchanged words, as if only the faintest fascination with what Omu was stayed her hand from throwing some choice sections on the barbecue. She leaned forward a bit, the tip of her tongue peeking just barely from the lips she licked...

A cultured centipede...either there's something in this beer, otherwise he ain't bullshitting.

"Heh, never known a land lobster to compliment the chef before," she grinned, "or stick around people for this long in the big, scary city. I suppose that means you have enough sense to recognize quality, at least."

Then again, so did the Dragon. Vociferously so. Still, Omu knew enough to try and flatter her culinary craft.

"Oh you know. A little bit of this," small twist here... "...a little bit of that..." ...would crack it clean, straight down the middle... "You stick around long enough, you pick up a few things...and work 'em in."

A wide smile filled Kinu's face as she lift her hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Melon God View Post
    Morgen put her chin in her hand, watching the scene before her unfold with some combination of amusement and tiredness. She'd seen a mascot before, once, while following her sister near the border of the city. Like the centipede, it seemed quite intelligent -- if admittedly far less agreeable to civil discussion. At any rate, this one didn't seem to be looking for trouble, at least.

"Oh, leave the bug alone. You were sharing anyway, weren't you?" She made a drawing motion with her finger and a tiny hat made of rose petals appeared out of thin air, landing squarely on Omu's head. "If it's really such a problem, I still have a dish that I haven't touched yet that I don't mind returning."
    Turns out, Morgen could see the Centipede too, and words indeed spilled from its chopper-filled face.

"If it'll get you to finish your food and not waste it, there's plenty," she said, daintily releasing the arthropod leg to rejoin the body, "for those who ask for it. And Chopperface here did not say the magic word."

Picking up the bowl of batter, Kinu began to stir the remainder into a round dollop.

"So let's try this again, yeah?"

Omu touched his head with disdain with one of his limbs. Observing the hat he looked at the other girl, inquisitively, wondering aloid, "And where'd you learn this? Quite a fortuitous meeting, all these people gatherin' in one place with fancy tricks up their sleeves..."
    Quite a talker, this multijoined Mascot. Hearing him out, Kinu nodded. That was indeed a salient point.

"...and what tricks are up your..." Skitter... "...sleeves, that brought you to the EN?"

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    My name is Jacob, and the dog's name is Rhea. If you can see her, then maybe she's not a hallucination after all. Well, my partner suggested that I help regain my memory through a psychologist. I have a giant gap in my memory, I don't remember anything of my life beyond the age of 17," Jacob said.

" I don't remember my parents. I don't even remember where I was born. The only thing I remember at the age of 17 is living in an orphanage," Jacob said.

" That's what I been telling you from the start, Jacob. I'm not a hallucination. I'm your spirit animal. When you summon me for the first time, you and I signed a contract with the Boss Woman, Overlord of Reikai, The Goddess of Death," Rhea said.

" She's the one who assigned me to be your spirit animal, Jacob," Rhea said.
    “ Ah ha.” Turns the eye thing off, hates the stuff it does to him. “ So you made a deal with something and no memory? Those generally cost something. Maybe the price was your actual memory? Cannibal bitch talked of being summoned, guessing the cost unknown to summoner was cannibal bitch eating her. As for me? I studied and got my head into this stuff from reading my grandmas notes. I am not the summoning type. Not into contracts. Rather I just tap into what’s around directly.”

:Looks to Jacob: “ So, Zi am guessing it is based on what you can do, as to the nature of this boss Rhea mentioned. And no, cannot detect the dog anymore. But if you can, still there.”

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    “ Ah ha.” Turns the eye thing off, hates the stuff it does to him. “ So you made a deal with something and no memory? Those generally cost something. Maybe the price was your actual memory? Cannibal bitch talked of being summoned, guessing the cost unknown to summoner was cannibal bitch eating her. As for me? I studied and got my head into this stuff from reading my grandmas notes. I am not the summoning type. Not into contracts. Rather I just tap into what’s around directly.”

:Looks to Jacob: “ So, Zi am guessing it is based on what you can do, as to the nature of this boss Rhea mentioned. And no, cannot detect the dog anymore. But if you can, still there.”
    " Rhea, what is this about a contract explain. Does it have anything to do with my memory problem?" Jacob said.

" It doesn't, A spirit animal contract is a spiritual contract that can only be done by one who is of shaman beastman blood. There is no cost for the contract. Only punishment if the rules of a contract aren't followed. Fortunately, the boss woman is pretty chilled when she's in a good mood," Rhea said.

" She can be pretty lenient when it comes to punishment. Oh and, the Boss woman frowns upon cannibalism," Rhea said.

" Well, it seems according to Rhea that the contract didn't affect my memory. That there's no cost, just punishment if the contract isn't followed. The good news is that according to, Rhea. The Overlord of Reikai is pretty chilled and is pretty lenient when it comes to punishment," Jacob said.

" Rhea calls it a spirit animal contract. Says that it's something only those of shaman beastman blood can enact. I don't know what a shaman beastman is, but that only gives me a bigger reason why I need to find out who my parents are and where I came from," Jacob said.

" Oh, apparently this Overlord of Reikai frowns upon cannibalism," Jacob said. Jacob then grins showing, his wolf-like teeth. Teeth that a human wouldn't have.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

“ Well if your memory was not wiped due to contract and no memory of contract or before. You must have seen some serious **** up until now. The mind literally shuts off painful stuff to save on memory space and stop pain as it is bad for the body. Hey just drawing at straws, since we just met.”

Given dragon eats people and these teeth, unphased. Hell, who was normal in this group?:

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "......We may have never even met had they not taken my papa...." En finally answered after mulling her words. "But....that doesn't mean we would have left you too your fate....one way or the other, you were in need. If we Ignored that......or if we did it just because we wanted something in return..........would make our reasons no better then the admins."

"We'll do what we can to help the ones without homes now.....but not because your some resource to be harvested in compensation. Because we can...."
    "Hm..."

That was the only response they would get from Sigourney. En's words might have sated another, but she knew it for what it was; it was the "Safe" answer, carefully picked to ensure that the resentment towards the rebels organization would not rise any further. Despite knowing what this was, she couldn't blame them. She was not without empathy and knew that if she were in En's position, she would have probably done and said the exact same things.

Still, it didn't make the sting hurt any less.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    “ Well if your memory was not wiped due to contract and no memory of contract or before. You must have seen some serious **** up until now. The mind literally shuts off painful stuff to save on memory space and stop pain as it is bad for the body. Hey just drawing at straws, since we just met.”

Given dragon eats people and these teeth, unphased. Hell, who was normal in this group?:
    "Yeah, I must have. So It's like Rhea told me I have repressed memories of my childhood. I need to bring those memories to the surface. I need to know who my parents are and where I came from," Jacob said.

" Well, to put it simply, Beastmen are a collective group of races, who can transform into what humans would know as werebeasts. A shaman beastmen were special beastman who had powers normal beastmen didn't have. One of those powers was the ability to summon spirit animals like me. Shaman beastmen were the wise men of there respect tribes, back when Beastman lived in tribes," Rhea said.

" Jacob, are you sure you want to face your childhood past it could be ugly," Rhea said.

" Okay according, to what Rhea just told me, I'm a beastman who has shaman beastman blood. So since I was 17, I have just been pretending I was human all this time. Something terrible must have happen in my childhood to make me pretend and convinced myself I was human when I really wasn't," Jacob said.

"Oh, and Rhea told me that beastmen are a collective group of races, who can transform into what are called werebeasts. That shaman beastmen were special among beastmen and were the wise men back when Beastmen lived in tribes," Rhea ask me if I'm sure I want to face my childhood past, and I'm," Jacob said.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "Fuh-fuh...then either you got skills, or nobody else's been paying attention," Kinu said. Though she had some 90 less limbs, the one that clung to the Chitinous Creeper remained firm in keeping her discovery close. "I'll give you this much, it ain't easy to sneak up on the Great Kinu, much less when she's got her back against the wall."

There was a ravenous glint in her eye as they exchanged words, as if only the faintest fascination with what Omu was stayed her hand from throwing some choice sections on the barbecue. She leaned forward a bit, the tip of her tongue peeking just barely from the lips she licked...

A cultured centipede...either there's something in this beer, otherwise he ain't bullshitting.

"Heh, never known a land lobster to compliment the chef before," she grinned, "or stick around people for this long in the big, scary city. I suppose that means you have enough sense to recognize quality, at least."

Then again, so did the Dragon. Vociferously so. Still, Omu knew enough to try and flatter her culinary craft.
    "It is kinda funny...I used to not like you two legs so much..." Omu pondered a bit. "Well, I suppose you could say I did, but not in the traditional sense...either way, you hang with some folk for a time and you can't help but get a little attached, I s'pose."

"Oh you know. A little bit of this," small twist here... "...a little bit of that..." ...would crack it clean, straight down the middle... "You stick around long enough, you pick up a few things...and work 'em in."

A wide smile filled Kinu's face as she lift her hand...

Turns out, Morgen could see the Centipede too, and words indeed spilled from its chopper-filled face.

"If it'll get you to finish your food and not waste it, there's plenty," she said, daintily releasing the arthropod leg to rejoin the body, "for those who ask for it. And Chopperface here did not say the magic word."

Picking up the bowl of batter, Kinu began to stir the remainder into a round dollop.

"So let's try this again, yeah?"

Quite a talker, this multijoined Mascot. Hearing him out, Kinu nodded. That was indeed a salient point.

"...and what tricks are up your..." Skitter... "...sleeves, that brought you to the EN?"
    "Ehh...ain't no harm I spillin' it, I suppose. I'm a ninja by trade. Operate in the shadows for whoever has enough coin to pay," he stated, grabbing a napkin from the kitchen and beginning to pass it around up with his legs until he reached his maw. "Operated without a hitch fer untold years...but then," he shook his head. "Client screwed us over. Sounded like a simple job. Some rich ******* wanted some other rich ******* dead. Property dispute or some such drivel."

"Payment verified, target was on track to the location we were told he was visitin'...only when we got there, he wasn't. If we weren't duped, somethin' went real fuckin' wrong," the centipede continued . "Either way, we were caught off guard for the first time in a long time. I had my people scream while I tried to smooth things over...turns out Administratum goons ain't bright enough to be negotiable."

Retired Overlord

Default A-11 Administration HQ - Counsel Chamber

Administrator Gretel sat alone at her end of the meeting chamber, stone faced but secretly twiddling her thumbs while she waited for the others. Of all the things on her plate, dealing with the monthly Administrator summit was the least important use of her time.....the loss of an Urban Center, the hijacking of a skyport and the escape of multiple high level terrorists. The last thing she needed to waste time on was the cacophonous ranting, bickering and manipulations of the various Administrators. Still....to maintain some semblance of normality and control, the meeting had to go ahead as planned.

One by one the Administrators arrived, or rather appeared. Each station around the Councel Chamber held its own holographic emitter that displayed a rough outline of the administrator, with a large marker behind them for visual clarification of the city they represent. It was crude, but Gretel preferred the functionality of it over something more visually appealing....besides, the less she had to deal with the others on a face to face basis the better.

Such a Bother.

At last, she was satisfied that everyone was present.....her eyes swinging from one side of the table to the other. Of the 12 stations that made a circle from her position, only 8 currently bore the image of an administrator. A-1, A-3, A-13 remained dark.....no communication would ever be sent from them again. They're seats remained as grim reminders of the fate befitting the ones who could not uphold the grand design.

...and now....A-9 sat quiet as well. Gretel eyed the empty seat a moment, let a sigh escape her lips, then addressed the others.

"I call this Administration Meeting to order." Gretel proclaimed, her voice boomed with authority. "We'll begin with the Monthly Status Report before moving on to discussion of current events......Whats our status on Agriculture."

"A6 Hydroponics are yielding acceptable numbers." The A6 Administrator voice came over the communications with a slight garble, as if underwater. The figure displayed was human enough....though a slight distortion in the feed seemed to make certain parts of the anatomy slightly unclear. "We have shipments lined up to supplement the other centers, there will no more then a week delay."

"A8 animal farms are operating 24/7....but its so much harder to grow meat then greens." Another woman, small in frame but complimented by a massive canine form curled up at her feet. Her voice, a cruel amused sing song, spoke all that was needed to the owners personality. "We'll need supplement with outside meat sources to reach the quota this month....."

"...I trust you mean wild game and not...." Gretel narrowed her eyes.

"Has their ever been any alternative?" A8 Admin raised her hands in the air, and Gretel could almost see the bloody grin on her face even through the darkened hologram. The last time they had been close to late on a shipment, the quota ended up being filled via some outside mystery meat that Gretel had very grave suspicions about......non should could verify, or was in any position to start issue with. Food meant a lot, and they were not in a position to be picky.

"Very well, I trust you to fufill the Quota Administrator Hood." Gretel nodded. "What about manufacturing?"

"A-2 Production running at 100%" Another girl, voice low and slightly mechanical, answered. Her hologram gestured robotically...the joints in her shoulders and arms very clearly artificial. "We've implemented Automation on 12 of 20 new assembly lines.....We'll meet our gross product quota for the next three months by tomorrow. Can I go to sleep now...."

"Not until the meeting is over." Gretel said with annoyance.

"If you...*yawn*....say so."

"Excuse me." A gentlemanly voice interjected from the A-7 hologram, a tall gentlemanly figure with the poise of a butler. "For the record.....A-7 is meeting all current raw material quotas. Unlike some centers....I pride myself on meeting expectations." A non visible side eyed glance to Hood was all by assured, and the young admin huffed with stroking her dog....who seemed to react to the gentleman voice with an immediate growl.

".....Very well." Gretel concluded. "In light of recent events, we'll be shifting R&D resources and quotas over to A-12......"

"Ugh....Like I don't have ENOUGH to deal with here." A annoyed male voice to Gretels right hissed. "The oafs in 8 never did proper backups....we could be digging through half finished data for months."

"I'm sure you can handle it." Gretel mused. "Now....onto current events...."

"Its about time."
    "Its about time."
    "Its about time dude." Three voices said in unison from the A-10 com. Three figures, two girls and a boy, each with distinct voices and builds.

"So what happened to the Execution?"
    "So where was the execution?"
    "Why didn't we get an execution?"

Gretel frowned, then sighed. "...I assumed your referring to the one scheduled for today. I'm afraid we've run into some slight complications....we've had to delay. There was an attack the skyport and we're currently cleaning up a..."

"....I heard you lost the guy to a bunch of fumbling idiots...." Hood patted her canine, suddenly more smug then usual.

"....No, everything is under control. Security is currently investigating a possible security breach on our communications network, along with footage from the skyport..." Gretel rubbed her temple.

"What about the Luxweave Representative?" The hologram of an elegant woman asked from the A-5. Even from this distance Gretel could make out the golden hair running down past the visual link, glowing unnaturally even in what should have been a blurred image. The concern in her voice marked some level of ulterior motive, but Gretel couldn't mark any importance on it.

"Also taken during the attack...But I have my best witches on the trail. All city exits have been barred and we'll soon be commencing a search. Once the identities of the assailants are made public....nobody in the slums will risk aiding potential ruin conspirators."

"i....I see." A-5 responded, brushing her hair to one side thoughtfully.

"Want me to send some dogs? They'd sniff up the idiots a lot faster then yours." Hood mused out loud. "Or you can send Admin Wolfhert. He's just a big dumb bloodhound anyways."

The gentleman made no obvious act in response, simply adjusted his tie.

"In any event....the situation will be resolved shortly. I have every bit of confidence that our rescheduled execution will be on time.......and all the better this time, when we bring in ALL the conspirators at play....and more importantly.....lead us right to En." Gretel smiled.

Retired Overlord

The Night passes without incident, with the group eating and catching what sleep they can given the situation. With Dawn.....En gave the group leave to go out and perform any remaining tasks they have in the city before departure, as long as they keep a low profile.

*Free Time*
    Go explore the Slums and get up to your own small adventures for a bit while the next part is cooking.

Possessions pt. 1

Saint had hoped that Ghost would be able to aid him in traversing the slums quickly while it was still dark. Instead, her assistance came in the morning in the form of news that there was no sign of hunters or witches. That the coast was clear enough to leave the bunker and move through the border area if you were careful.

As much as he appreciated the news, he didn’t trust it. It was not that he didn’t trust Ange or her sources, it was that he didn’t trust that the Administration had given up on them so easily. Still, he was used to moving through this area unnoticed when he needed to be.

Leaving the bunker, his presence lowered as far as he thought wise, Matthias made his way northwest. Moving towards his goal, he made sure to walk unhurriedly, as that would draw attention to himself. He avoided people, keeping his hood over his head yet remaining aware of his surroundings.

As was often the case when he moved in this manner, the people he passed ignored him as if he wasn't there. It mattered not their age, or what they were doing, to their senses he was forgettable and uninteresting. This was one of the first talents he developed as a child on the streets of a neighboring slum, often using it to get into and out of trouble. A talent that has served him well over the years.

The walk itself took a little over an hour. When arriving at the bunker the night before, he could not be certain of its location. Once he left, it was clear that he was closer than he realized to it.

Turning down onto a short, dead-end street that abutted a wild-grown grassy area just inside the wall. There were only two homes on this street. The first, a smaller one in which resided a young couple and their two children. Last he was here, which was not so long ago, he saw the woman and noticed that she was visibly pregnant. Normally he would feel concerned over their expanding family living in an area where children have been known to starve to death. In the case of this family, he knew that they were being supported by the man he was going to see.

Before reaching the larger of the two homes, Saint paused and scanned the area. He had not sensed anything out of the ordinary on his way here, still, its best to play it safe. The last thing he wanted was to bring trouble down on good people.

The area was clear, with no evidence of unusually high levels of energy that might indicate a nearby Witch, Hunter, or other officers. With that reassurance, he raised his presence to more normal levels and approached the door. Knocking on the door, he called inside to identify himself. The house itself, while larger than most in the slum area, still retained the same appearance of decay and neglect as the others did. This was both the state of affairs in the area, a reflection of the level of poverty of those who barely egged out enough to survive on; it was also a disguise, a camouflage, a way of hiding from the many eyes in the towers above. Not everyone who lives here needs to do so, some prefer it over the materialistic trappings of the wealthy and those who aspire to it.
    Last edited by Tami; 07-30-2020 at 07:25 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

OOC: Deleted for expansion.
    Last edited by Yun Lao; 07-31-2020 at 04:17 PM.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Default Guardian of The Streets

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    The Night passes without incident, with the group eating and catching what sleep they can given the situation. With Dawn.....En gave the group leave to go out and perform any remaining tasks they have in the city before departure, as long as they keep a low profile.

*Free Time*
    Go explore the Slums and get up to your own small adventures for a bit while the next part is cooking.
    Xia spent much of the next morning in the kitchen. If anyone thought she was making breakfast for them, they were sadly mistaken. They were in the slums, which meant she needed to do the thing she always did when she visited a different city. If this slum was similar to the one in A4, then food and supplies were hard to come by. It was a fight every day just to scrape together three meals a day and keep the place you staked out for the night. People in the slums were ruthless, even towards those that were in the very same boat as them.

From as far back as she could remember until she was twelve, Xia was a street urchin. She stole what she needed and lied to get where she wanted. There were very few things that she wasn't willing to do to someone else if it meant she got to live to the next day. That list of things she wasn't willing to do had been growing smaller and smaller as her time in the slums continued. If not for Chan Li taking her in, there was no telling how far she would have fallen.

Chan Li took her in and gave her an actual life. A warm bed, hot food, cold water, a working shower, and the stability that came with having an actual home. She got a chance to make something of herself, but many others didn't. She started with the slums that she had called home for so many years. She did what she could and helped where she was needed. Help took many forms - giving food, making repairs on homes, teaching people how to fend for themselves - but she always took the time. If she didn't, that would have proven that she was ungrateful for the opportunity that had literally fallen in her lap one day.

For A11, she intended on starting her community service by giving people a free breakfast. She had already prepared three dozen eggs she, as well as over two dozen waffles. She decided not to be a dick and left a carton of 18 eggs and a pack of waffles for the others to eat. If they wanted more, that really wasn't her problem. She dumped the scrambled eggs in a large container and the waffles in tinfoil. She brought along plates, utensils, and three kinds of syrup. She also packed some tools like hammers, screwdrivers, wrenches, etc, in case someone needed any handiwork.

"That should be everything. Ah, right." She wrote a note saying,

'Need more eggs.

-X'

and stuck it to the refrigerator door before hoisting the bag with everything over her shoulder and heading out. It was going to be a long day.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Possessions pt. 2

A ragged curtain moved ever so slightly behind a nearby window as an eye peered out. Moments later the door creaked open and the old man gestured as he spoke, “Inside, quick.”

Obliging this request, welcoming this invitation, Matthias quickly entered the home and the door as the door was shut behind him. The interior of the house looked as it always had, comfortable yet cluttered with what some might refer to as art or antiques. Most rare pieces that did not sell, or that he chose to keep. A few were even items Matthias had brought to him over the years.

“Elijah, thank you for inviting me in,” Matthias spoke his greeting as he stepped forward.

The old man, Elijah, looked tired and worn, but still managed a friendly smile, “Mathias, my boy, come, come sit. Can I get you anything, tea perhaps?”

Shaking his head, then smiling back, “No, that’s quite alright. I would not want to take up too much of your time. I can imagine, with Rachel expecting, you and your kin must be quite busy.”

Elijah beamed broadly, “Aye, that grand-niece of mine is as fertile as a rabbit.” he then became serious again, “Once the child is born, I intend to leave all my possessions to them, including this house.”

Looking surprised, “What will you do with yourself then, sir?”

Walking over to a well-padded chair, the old man sat down, “I’m getting old, or haven’t you noticed. Food is becoming scarcer around these parts, and the trouble is coming again. I want to give the last of my family whatever I can so that they can survive as long as possible.”

He looked up at Mathias, then motioned for him to take a chair as well. Reluctantly, he did as was requested. The old man wanted to talk, so it was only fair to spare him the time to do so.

“I know about 9, everyone does. That’s’ all they talk about, though in whispers and behind closed doors. The whispers also speak of a commotion downtown.” Elijah leaned in, “You wouldn’t happen to know anything about that, would you boy?”

His body tensed a moment, then relaxed as Matthias responded calmly, “If I did, you know I could not share that with you.”

Elijah chuckled a bit as he leaned back, “Ah figured as much.” then he frowned, “Remember what you’ve been taught, never forget. Relationships are not for ones such as us, well you anyway. My life is nearly over and I lived it as best I could.”

“Then you are going out?”

“Spent my life wheelin and dealin the junk you scavengers brought to me. It’s been my dream to end my days beyond the wall, to see it for myself.”

For a moment Matthias saw a younger man, still much older than him, with dark brown hair and a smile that could charm a cobra. In an earlier life, this man, Elijah, had gone by the street name of Barber. His street name came from his exceptional skill at cutting deals. He was a Black Marketeer, among other endeavors. As a buyer and seller of unique, rare, and often illegal items, he moved freely between both worlds.

That was before his Grand-niece lost her parents and he made the sacrifice to break from the underworld, to live a normal life so as to take care of her. Matthias wondered, assuming he managed to live this long if he too would ever settle down.

“….boy, you know you can take from here what you want. I owe you that much.” Matthias suddenly realized that he had zoned out as the man was still talking. With a shake of his head, “Thank you, but no. Sell it and use the money to buy your family a nice home closer to the center. Let the children grow up without the fear of hunger. That is the only thanks I need.”

He then stood up, “You know I came here for my possessions, what I left with you is all I require.”

The old man stood up slowly, it was obvious that he was in some pain as he did. Walking over to a chest, Elijah pulled out some keys and opened it up.

Mattias walked over and lifted from the chest his travel bag, which he slung across his body, and his tools which he attached to his belt under his cloak.

“Your old man would’ve been proud of you.”

Matthias simply nodded, then placed his hands gently on the old man’s shoulders, “May you find peace, you have worked hard and have done much good. Thank you, sir.”

The two gave each other a brief hug, then Matthias headed towards the door. Pausing for a moment, “Stay alert, as you said, the trouble is coming. “

With that, Saint left the house, lowering his presence as he did. He did not look back, tempted as he was to do so. It was getting late and he needed to return to the bunker quickly. Using every trick he had, he avoided detection, his long legs turning his calm walk into a sprint. Soon he was back at the entrance to the bunker, and what awaited him inside.
    Last edited by Tami; 07-30-2020 at 07:25 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "It is kinda funny...I used to not like you two legs so much..." Omu pondered a bit. "Well, I suppose you could say I did, but not in the traditional sense...either way, you hang with some folk for a time and you can't help but get a little attached, I s'pose."
    Pouring the last of the cabbage batter onto the griddle, Kinu smiled as she considered the Centipede's words.

"Well, believe it or not, this isn't the first time I've had the pleasure of multi-legs for company," she replied. Pulling flaccid strips of meat out of a can, she arranged them in coiled circles on the surface over top such that they looked almost like curled shrimp. The gravied batter hissed and bubbled. "Also not in the traditional sense. But they weren't the best conversationalists, know what I mean?"

"Ehh...ain't no harm I spillin' it, I suppose. I'm a ninja by trade. Operate in the shadows for whoever has enough coin to pay," he stated, grabbing a napkin from the kitchen and beginning to pass it around up with his legs until he reached his maw. "Operated without a hitch fer untold years...but then," he shook his head. "Client screwed us over. Sounded like a simple job. Some rich ******* wanted some other rich ******* dead. Property dispute or some such drivel."

"Payment verified, target was on track to the location we were told he was visitin'...only when we got there, he wasn't. If we weren't duped, somethin' went real fuckin' wrong," the centipede continued . "Either way, we were caught off guard for the first time in a long time. I had my people scream while I tried to smooth things over...turns out Administratum goons ain't bright enough to be negotiable."
    Kinu's eyes drift from Omu's face for a moment as she saw the little paper square ghost itself across the bottom of the room. How long've you been in the kitchen?

"...to catch a shinobi with this level of skill? If you're as good as your fee, had to have come from familiar company, someone from the inside," she replied. "Seems like the Administration is always watchin', even if you think they're not."

Like what the Gumshoe had dug up on Meryl, people would sell their own kids for a new house. Seems the rich ones had their eyes on other prizes. Maybe a shot to move inside the Inner Wall...

"Your people. You mean other mascots, or other ninjas?"

Default Matters of The Subconscious Mind

Jacob spent most of his time next morning looking for a psychologist. Meanwhile, Rhea was roaming around. "I hope a psychologist can get more out of Jacob than I could. I wonder how long I'm going to have to keep making up stories in front of him," Rhea said

" If he caught on to what I was doing, he would never trust me again. I mean, the spirit realm, this goddess of death, and said contract I said had with Jacob doesn't exist. I made all that stuff up based on the knowledge of a place I took from Jacob's mind. However, it seems that Jacob doesn't know the details of said place," Rhea said.

"The person I was referring to when I was with Jacob. Was just the closest approximation I knew of to something from Jacob's past, due to my share connection with him," Rhea said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 07-31-2020 at 09:55 AM.
    My Forum check it out