Page 28 of 79 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

“Crap.”

Owen glances around.

“We need to retreat, now! We need options!”

OT:

Sandy, is there any other possible exit around here?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

edited out
    Last edited by Tami; 07-19-2020 at 04:09 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “Crap.”

Owen glances around.

OT:

OT: I asked Sandy that earlier and he said the elevator was the only way. Unless some how Owen and Matthias can use their TK/PK together.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    OT: I asked Sandy that earlier and he said the elevator was the only way. Unless some how Owen and Matthias can use their TK/PK together.
    Let’s try it.

IC:

Owen looks to a wall, knowing it leads outside (or at least another place), and hammers at it with his psychokinesis.

“Could use some help here!””
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

OT: Already edited, guys. Misread Sandy's post.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

“Crap.”

Owen glances around.

OT:

“ That’s what you get for sparing them. Hell you might as well be a witch yourself.” Spits on his god damned foot right then and looks for what to do, scans g for a way out and was really pissed now.

At the fact his son was dead, red, the useless count of a detective.

How unorganized they were, his impulses grew as it accelerated the growth of his energy as he was actively drawing from the land. If any plants nearby they would have been dying as he launches a volley ball sized mana ball for the visibility weakest wall, using his surviving flame thrower hand to generate heat energy, the ball actually growing from it.

Boom. Attempting to blast a hole out so there were ducking options. As he was growing tired of this.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Xia strike to her back had temporarily paralysized Viviannes body, so she was unable to stop Arx from digging her teeth into her shoulder. Blood gusted forth and the witch went wide eyed, not because of the pain....but the fact she hadn't seen her own blood in so long, it was a surprise she was still human in that regard.

"EEERRRRRREEEEKKKKK!!!" An ear splitting scream sounded, but it was not Viviannes.

The book had shaken away the ladder and covered, and....as its own cover turned, the papes within had been replaced with bloody mangled teeth and a bottomless screaming gullet.

The long trail of emblazed letting attached to its cover curled up and then lashed....batting Arx off Vivianne, though at the cost of her teeth tearing a chuck with it. In defense of its master, the book then wrapped its paper banner and pulled her backwards....away from the enemy, even as its pages were soaked with blood...managing to deflect the thrown dagger with its back cover.

From above, kinu came down like a human torpedo.....and though the book swung itself around and "string cut" kinu in the air....taking away her ability to move.....it was too little too late, momentum remained.......and her feet landed against its front cover eye...sending it into the ground, along with Vivianne and Kinu.
    Flipping off the top turnbuckle, Kinu had determined the likely outcomes of terminal velocity from this height.

Fuh-fuh fuh...

What she did not take into account was an inability to properly control the landing, as something seemed to cut any tether between her brain and her body as she fell.

--!!!

Falling straight onto Vivianne and her book, Kinu fell face-down as she cratered the floor. Laying stiff as a corpse in a heap of shattered tile and matted furs, the Wasteland Warrior's limbs were splayed out beneath her.

...worth it...if they...forfeit...

But amid the fury and the sound...could she still hear the spectators in the crowd of A-9ers?
    Last edited by grampagen; 07-19-2020 at 04:33 PM. Reason: I can't read, whoops

Let’s try it.

IC:

Owen looks to a wall, knowing it leads outside (or at least another place), and hammers at it with his psychokinesis.

“Could use some help here!””
    Seeing what he had in mind, Matthias, though skeptical, still came over to where Owen was. Holding his hands, clenched together in front of him, he used his own TK to push hard against the wall at the same point as Owen. "I hope you're right about this, or we're just wasting time and energy."
    Last edited by Tami; 07-19-2020 at 04:45 PM.

Retired Overlord

With excruciating slowness, the last civilian.....the old lady, stutter stepped onto the elevator and it won't down for its next to final time.

The chaos in the terminal had subsided for the moment. The last of the rebels save Ange and mercer had joined with the final group down....leaving only them among the ruins.

"En, We're all clear here.....all the civs are safely down. I confirm, we have Mulvric and the civs out...." She glances over at the others attempting to blow a hole in the wall. "......Guys, there is a very long drop just outside that wall....you may want to avoid it."

Instead of En assuring voice on the other end.....she can only hear static.

"....En......En can you read me...."

A shadow blots out the run above the terminal, and those remaining see a massive ship is now holding position above them.

"Fucck..........That's the Administratum Flag Ship....." Mercer takes a step back, while Angle glances up with growing worry. "...It's Gretel.......The A-11 Adminintrator.....the fuck is the city admin doing here."

"Clearly we mean more to them then I'd care to know..." Ange ran to the elevator and tore the doors open.....the last load was still on its way down. "Everyone down....if you got something to slow your fall use it but we need to get out of this terminal now! MOVE MOVE!" She waved them towards her.

: He then breathes as hard as he could and ran to the elevator, bouncing down the shaft surface to surface, denting the impact zones to slow down his fall. Still needs a work bench to fix his right glove. And he would have to mend on the way down after the descent.

He was actually going blind from that last, futile blast.

Pulling herself up off a human-shaped crater in the tile, Kinu coughed dryly as she slowly dragged herself to her feet. Absolute silence in the terminal. Perfect. That means the last of them must be gone. It'd had been a while since she had to Hard Sell something like that, but it seems their setup had worked.

With excruciating slowness, the last civilian.....the old lady, stutter stepped onto the elevator and it won't down for its next to final time.

The chaos in the terminal had subsided for the moment. The last of the rebels save Ange and mercer had joined with the final group down....leaving only them among the ruins.

"En, We're all clear here.....all the civs are safely down. I confirm, we have Mulvric and the civs out...." She glances over at the others attempting to blow a hole in the wall. "......Guys, there is a very long drop just outside that wall....you may want to avoid it."

A shadow blots out the run above the terminal, and those remaining see a massive ship is now holding position above them.

"Fucck..........That's the Administratum Flag Ship....." Mercer takes a step back, while Angle glances up with growing worry. "...It's Gretel.......The A-11 Adminintrator.....the fuck is the city admin doing here."

"Clearly we mean more to them then I'd care to know..." Ange ran to the elevator and tore the doors open.....the last load was still on its way down. "Everyone down....if you got something to slow your fall use it but we need to get out of this terminal now! MOVE MOVE!" She waved them towards her.
    ...or not. Big Vivianne and Little Meryl were the undercard, huh?

Bounding up with a groan, she jumped up one of the ladders, and did one last scan around for stragglers...

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    For just a moment, they all might have heard it.

It was not a physical sound, nor the projection of one through thoughts, but rather the implications of one. It was the assumption of such damage inflicted upon it would have produced a sound that it manifested as a mix of bird squawk, bull bellow, and serpent hiss as the construct yanked back and as it did, a glimmering blue dust sprayed out from the cracks like lifeblood. All that the dust touched froze instanteously and as one would imagine, soon enough, frost clung to the damage portion of the shell like chilling scabs. Tekeli-lu pulsated, moving upward in the air similar to how octopus swam, as if sucking in the air from above, only to expel it below in a manner producing thrust as it rose.

In the distance, Sigourney lips were a grim line as Meryl had so casually damaged Tekeli-li. The unknown knowledge of the contruct's durability telling her that it was by no means an easy feat.

"... the power of a Witch."
    Moving outside, Kinu found the pale girl standing alone...along with that large, clawed, hammer-shaped...thing, as the looming Administrator's airship approached.

"...hope you've been enjoying the air, but if you ain't with them, then it's time to leave."

Stopping his effort, "Sorry Mister, guess you were wrong." Matthias spoke to Owen, "But you an I may be needed at the elevator shaft. I figure it's going to be a rough ride down."

He then returned to the Elevator shaft and Ange, "I'll help those who need it to get down. Go on, I'll see you at the bottom."

Owen nods and moves to the elevator.

“I’ll help people down as well.”

He nods to Matthias.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Moving outside, Kinu found the pale girl standing alone...along with that large, clawed, hammer-shaped...thing, as the looming Administrator's airship approached.

"...hope you've been enjoying the air, but if you ain't with them, then it's time to leave."
    "So they've arrived."

Considering how much "trouble" their witches had been through, it was no surprise that the mothership would come to settle business, or so it appeared. Gazing to the obstruction in the sky, Sigourney was filled with resignation as she knew that she would not be greeted kindly by the Administratum. Then again, she hadn't been particularly embraced warmly when she was initially brought here.

Then again, what were her options?

Join the rebels and annoy the powers that be? Her previously contempt for them made such a thing unappealing, even if it aligned with her the most.

"I didn't have much..." She began, her eyes unmoving from the flag ship, "My family, Newt, my writing... it's all gone now." Turning to a woman she was unfamiliar with, the girl's apathy was beginning to break as emotion began to build in her throat, "Am I supposed to give in to hate? To become like them and terrorize innocent people for the sake of revenge?" She asked, referring to the destruction wrought by the rebels.

Sigourney knew she was wasting time by being emotional, but the hold placed upon her earlier left the girl to face a tidal wave of grief and sorrow.

"What should I do?" She asked quietly, tears streaming down.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Administrator? Xia knew enough to leave those alone. That was a fight she didn't want, and if anyone did, they were stupid and on their own. When the woman from before ripped the elevator doors open, Xia took that as her cue to beat a hasty retreat.

She had faced her fears and lived. This was a win.

She leaped down the elevator shaft with little thought and no hesitation.

Cloud Floats Over the Stream

Her internal chi flowed through her body, lowering her body mass to little more than that of a small feather. She floated down the shaft graceful, almost serenely despite what was quickly approaching over the horizon.

I did good. He would be proud, she thought happily to herself.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!