Page 39 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

“ I am just bitter. You know? The fact on the wrong end of the law so no more family, and the fact I had a son in A 9. Yeah, just not having a good time. Plus that kid is annoying but she is innocent, in her own way. Me and my big mouth, trying to actually shield her from that thing. Besides that just a bad time. In general.”

Did not eat, in his training has learned to fuel from his emotions, literally living off spite and rage.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    “ I am just bitter. You know? The fact on the wrong end of the law so no more family and the fact I had a son in A 9. Yeah, just not having a good time. Plus that kid is annoying but she is innocent, in her own way. Me and my big mouth, trying to actually shield her from that thing. Besides that just a bad time. In general.”

Did not eat, in his training has learned to fuel from his emotions, literally living off spite and rage.
    Saint thought on this, "I'm sorry for your loss." he then became more forward, "You said that you are on the wrong side, does this mean that you work for the Administration?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Pshh~!

A sharp hiss and the split of metal cut through the air. Wordlessly, Kinu raised her second can up and threw it back as she waited for Lucifer and Mulvric to work something out.

"Not sure how you two are gonna get the full picture with a foggy head, Ace," she said, "but the 9ers, they've been waiting for a straight answer all day."

Where'd that kid go? She eyed the room, having lost track of Sigourney again. "Y'think you can cobble something together? How?"
    ~Wait, what? Why? How? How does that even...~

The first thing that came to mind as he looked towards Kinu, who had asked a couple of questions of him, was a rather unpleasant memory of the one time someone thought to surprise him with a full-spectrum kaleidoscope. Even to this day, he still got the shivers when he remembered the nightmarish assault of ever changing colors. Trying his best to avoid looking at her 'outfit', Lucifer responded.

"Well, assuming this... Ruin Poisoning doesn't actually destroy memories, then they all still be there- even if its nearly impossible to recall them normally. If that's the case, then I have an ability that should let me bypass the poison's effect and access said memories. I've never really tried it on another person so I don't know if it'll work on anyone else, but given the scope of what we're trying to uncover, even one man's perspective of things as they actually went down should be useful for something."
    This signature intentionally left blank.

“ I was just a citizen, not a rebel fighter. I wrote books, worked in stock and things. That’s it really.” As he thought of what to do next. “ So yeah, my world just reversed today.”

“ So you are with these guys? Well do not blame you. Your path, your way. I, just do not know what to do now”

“ I was just a citizen, not a rebel fighter. I wrote books, worked in stock and things. That’s it really.” As he thought of what to do next. “ So yeah, my world just reversed today.”

“ So you are with these guys? Well do not blame you. Your path, your way. I, just do not know what to do now”
    "You do have a choice, though it may be a difficult one. Eventually, they will stop looking for us, when that happens you might still be able to return to your prior life." Saint took a sip of water, "If that is what you want. The question becomes, do you wish to live a peaceful life in ignorance? Or, do you want to seek out the truth? Knowledge is power, which is why the Administration is so powerful. They shape this world as they see fit, for what purposes it is too soon to tell."

He then finished off his sandwich, "Perhaps what has happened here is a sign that the time is coming for the truth to be revealed. Or perhaps it means nothing and each of us will go off on our sperate ways."

"I am mot a rebel, though I have provided support to them. These events have given me a lot to think about as well."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Owen leans against a wall, watching everyone and examining them. Identify and Keen Eye active. He took ‘memory photos’ of each with the latter ability, to go over later, while the first ability let’s him get a read on everyone’s magical aura so he could recognize it later.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    ~Wait, what? Why? How? How does that even...~

The first thing that came to mind as he looked towards Kinu, who had asked a couple of questions of him, was a rather unpleasant memory of the one time someone thought to surprise him with a full-spectrum kaleidoscope. Even to this day, he still got the shivers when he remembered the nightmarish assault of ever changing colors. Trying his best to avoid looking at her 'outfit', Lucifer responded.
    Unawares to the seamster's concerns, Kinu loosened her overcoat letting it drop under her shoulders to reveal a garish patchwork of fabrics. Pieces of striped hide, embroidered by neon lace, supported by sunbleached leather. With a yawn, she reached her arms upward, and sleeves of overlapping scales glittered from both the ambient light and the fire before her, and as she leaned forward, her two-toned bob of hair fanned before her face as she tended to her saucy cabbage pancake, humming to herself.

"Lots of different pieces, and all the things you like."

"Well, assuming this... Ruin Poisoning doesn't actually destroy memories, then they all still be there- even if its nearly impossible to recall them normally. If that's the case, then I have an ability that should let me bypass the poison's effect and access said memories. I've never really tried it on another person so I don't know if it'll work on anyone else, but given the scope of what we're trying to uncover, even one man's perspective of things as they actually went down should be useful for something."
    "Interesting. 'Whatever the Ruin touches is destroyed...'"

Present company excluded, naturally.

"Well, might be worth a shot, yeah? Before it's too far along, anyway."

Giving the okonomiyaki another flip, harsh sizzling hissed from the griddle as she started to dress it up.

Maintaining the same stance throughout, Morgen watched the scene unfold in relative silence, eyes darting between the parties, and remained silent a little longer after the dragon's question was repeated to her.

"...And if I was?" the girl answered at length, gauging the dragon's response. Nothing bound a witch to tell the truth, she figured her answer wouldn't be given due credit by virtue of her status -- or some other suspicion. Better she be clear on what exactly the terms were before she finds a chunk of herself missing overnight. However much those terms were worth out in the open. "My name is Morgiana, by the way. Not 'girl'. Not that I expect you would care... a beast driven by hunger has no need for a name."

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "You do have a choice, though it may be a difficult one. Eventually, they will stop looking for us, when that happens you might still be able to return to your prior life." Saint took a sip of water, "If that is what you want. The question becomes, do you wish to live a peaceful life in ignorance? Or, do you want to seek out the truth? Knowledge is power, which is why the Administration is so powerful. They shape this world as they see fit, for what purposes it is too soon to tell."

He then finished off his sandwich, "Perhaps what has happened here is a sign that the time is coming for the truth to be revealed. Or perhaps it means nothing and each of us will go off on our sperate ways."

"I am mot a rebel, though I have provided support to them. These events have given me a lot to think about as well."
    “ I seek to avenge my boy, learn the truth and prevent further lose of those who do not deserve to die.” Shaken by the bridge memory at the last part.

“ Life of all gnorance? Please, that’s being like a caged animal in a zoo or farm. Not what I see myself doing now.”

Quote Originally Posted by Melon God View Post
    Maintaining the same stance throughout, Morgen watched the scene unfold in relative silence, eyes darting between the parties, and remained silent a little longer after the dragon's question was repeated to her.

"...And if I was?" the girl answered at length, gauging the dragon's response. Nothing bound a witch to tell the truth, she figured her answer wouldn't be given due credit by virtue of her status -- or some other suspicion. Better she be clear on what exactly the terms were before she finds a chunk of herself missing overnight. However much those terms were worth out in the open. "My name is Morgiana, by the way. Not 'girl'. Not that I expect you would care... a beast driven by hunger has no need for a name."
    "If you are, I'll kill you." The Dragon said, as casually as breathing. "If you're not, nothing to fear." Staring at Morgiana a moment, the woman cracked a smile. "Beast. Far better on the face, than 'animal', I suppose." Even if they conveyed similar meaning. "Humans are animals by the definition of their habits... far more insulting to be compared to them." Who wanted to be compared to a Witch, after all?

"Though as you can see. Now that I'm... full. Far less beast-like, mm? Mor-gi-ana?" It was a question, her name. An attempted pronunciation... in need of possible correction. An olive branch, perhaps?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Morgen's posture relaxed slightly, but physical tension remained.

"Such nonsense," she scoffed, holding her hand to the side of her cheek. "A man becomes an animal when he forgoes the mandates of his society - that's why we put them in cages when they stop behaving. And, if it is so imperative for you to know, no, I am not a witch... but forgive me when I say that I don't believe you when you tell me there is nothing to fear."

She momentarily turned her attention to the two women by the fire. It seemed they were awfully nonchalant about this walking time bomb freely roaming around...
    The sizzling continues.

“ I seek to avenge my boy, learn the truth and prevent further lose of those who do not deserve to die.” Shaken by the bridge memory at the last part.

“ Life of all gnorance? Please, that’s being like a caged animal in a zoo or farm. Not what I see myself doing now.”
    "Then perhaps you are not on the wrong side after all." Saint gave him a slight, yet friendly smile before returning his gaze tot the rest of the room.

Morgen's posture relaxed slightly, but physical tension remained.

"Such nonsense," she scoffed, holding her hand to the side of her cheek. "A man becomes an animal when he forgoes the mandates of his society - that's why we put them in cages when they stop behaving. And, if it is so imperative for you to know, no, I am not a witch... but forgive me when I say that I don't believe you when you tell me there is nothing to fear."

She momentarily turned her attention to the two women by the fire. It seemed they were awfully nonchalant about this walking time bomb freely roaming around...
    The sizzling continues.
    Arx chuckled. "Mandates that are enforced by Witches... it does make one wonder."

Though when Morgiana said she was no Witch, the Dragon believed her. If for no other reason than how easy it had been to knock her unconscious; of course she'd have known regardless given the way her magic smelled. With the flightier fare though... it always helped to be upfront. "You don't need to trust me. Frankly I doubt anyone here does; but so long as I'm not starving there's no reason to harm a magician."

Wouldn't do to injure potential food sources. Though if the vial of goo Mulvric had given her bore fruit, perhaps she wouldn't even need to worry about who to eat. Of course... she knew full well she was lying to herself.

"If you're starving however. I suggest you eat." Arx commented, noticing the way she turned toward the sizzle. "Who knows when you'll be able to eat again."

Something Arx at least, could sympathize with.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Morgen finally decided to put her arms down and simply shook her head, returning to her seat.

"Well... I have my own thoughts on the matter, but I don't think I'll stand around and argue politics with a talking lizard, goodness knows that's an entirely separate headache on its own." She found herself scowling at the tail end of her remark, however. Why is everyone on my case? "If I wanted to eat then I'd eat, I'm not a child." She said the last part out loud inadvertently, but stood by her words. She despised the feeling of being coddled by these lower class commoners, though she couldn't quite place why. And, hypocritically, she despised even more the fact that her plight was being ignored - despite the reassurances made, she sensed a definite threat on her life from this creature standing opposite to her.

Morgen did tell the truth, she was no witch... but that didn't mean she wasn't aspiring to become one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Arx chuckled. "Mandates that are enforced by Witches... it does make one wonder."

Though when Morgiana said she was no Witch, the Dragon believed her. If for no other reason than how easy it had been to knock her unconscious; of course she'd have known regardless given the way her magic smelled. With the flightier fare though... it always helped to be upfront. "You don't need to trust me. Frankly I doubt anyone here does; but so long as I'm not starving there's no reason to harm a magician."

Wouldn't do to injure potential food sources. Though if the vial of goo Mulvric had given her bore fruit, perhaps she wouldn't even need to worry about who to eat. Of course... she knew full well she was lying to herself.

"If you're starving however. I suggest you eat." Arx commented, noticing the way she turned toward the sizzle. "Who knows when you'll be able to eat again."

Something Arx at least, could sympathize with.
    Morgen finally decided to put her arms down and simply shook her head, returning to her seat.

"Well... I have my own thoughts on the matter, but I don't think I'll stand around and argue politics with a talking lizard, goodness knows that's an entirely separate headache on its own." She found herself scowling at the tail end of her remark, however. Why is everyone on my case? "If I wanted to eat then I'd eat, I'm not a child." She said the last part out loud inadvertently, but stood by her words. She despised the feeling of being coddled by these lower class commoners, though she couldn't quite place why. And, hypocritically, she despised even more the fact that her plight was being ignored - despite the reassurances made, she sensed a definite threat on her life from this creature standing opposite to her.

Morgen did tell the truth, she was no witch... but that didn't mean she wasn't aspiring to become one.
    Slowly the sizzle ceased, and the sound of a crackling surface broke out carrying with it a heady aroma of savoury.

Chomp-chomp-chomp.

The firepit wood snapped as the logs continued to burn, and Kinu, tiny spatula in hand, popped a piece of pancake in her mouth. Seating with her back to the fire, she'd been watching them for some time, but for how long, who could say?

Chomp-chomp-chomp.

A small, toothy smile spread under her dark eyes, unmoving from either, as she took a long sip from her can of beer.

"If you were hungry, you'd have started cooking." She said as much, but on the tail end of her earlier conversation with Xia, was implying something else.

"But if you really wanted something," her view drifted over to the Dragon in a lazy simper, "and you couldn't take it...you ask for it, right?"