Page 4 of 79 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    Visually, none of them appeared to have anything in common. A woman with a guitar, which looked expensive. Another rather young woman, clearly in distress. A man in formal attire, offering words of comfort to the woman in distress. Estrid's attention eventually settled on him as his words implied that he had influence, and the guard knew him by name. Furthermore, he seemed to be the most collected and willing to engage in a conversation among the group.

"Hello. Mr. Remdire, I presume?", Her tone was calm but serious, belying her age, as she approached the gentleman.

She extended a hand. "My name is Estrid. I don't wish to intrude, but my understanding of recent events is-", she paused for a second, "-unclear. It seems like you may have some knowledge about the situation. Would it be possible for you to fill me in on what happened before we entered the ship for the journey here?"
    Lucifer tried to suppress the almost reflexive sigh and achieved something at least resembling success; he couldn't possibly blame her for getting his name wrong when he was the one to 'confirm' the incorrect name in the first place. Taking Estrid's extended hand with his remaining free one and bowing, he responded:

"It seems that I, Lucifer Radiare, owe you multiple apologies. Unfortunately, I'm no more knowledgeable about the specifics of how we got here than anyone else, as I seemed to have been unconscious during the incident proper. If what little information corporate managed to send me while we were on the way here is accurate though, then we- you, I, the real Mr. Remdire who was with those allowed to go on ahead with the others- are all but assuredly the only survivors of the greatest of all possible catastrophes- the overtaking and destruction of an entire city by the forces of ruin."
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    "Take as much time as you need," Lucifer said as he supported her efforts, the evident fatigue- mental and physical- emanating from Sigourney in nearly palpable waves. "It's just about the only amentity available to us around here, at any rate. Is there anywhere here that you'd like to go? As much as I'd imagine everyone here would like be elsewhere- any elsewhere- it doesn't seem like that's an option right now."
    "I... I dunno..."

Releasing his hand, she took a few steps away. She needed to collect her thoughts, she needed her...

A wave of emptiness struck her as she once again realized that she was without her diary, her coping mechanism. Crossing her arms in an attempt to keep them busy, she kept her eyes to the floor as she began walking once more, counting the steps in an attempt to keep her mind busy. She needed to think, needed to remember what happened. Why was she in this cell? Why was she surprised that she had been rescued? Why was she so distrusting and angry at the Administratum before they had arrived in this city?

Was it the dreams? No, she hadn't uttered a word about them to anyone.

Something had happened back in A-9 and now they were being... punished? No, if that were the case, they would have been left in A-9. The Administratum clearly wanted them detained for something else, but what?

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "How are things looking?" The Redhead whispered quietly, answered only by a voice in her ear as she slid along the river of souls and at last exited the bridge before the terminal entrance. "That many huh....Ok. We start on my signal.....what?.....no you'll know it when you see it. Just...Just get ready."

The woman took a deep breath, exhaled, gave her face a quick pat.....then locked on to one of the two guards standing just outside the terminal, and immediately broke into a fit of self induced sobs as she approached. "Please...Please you have to help. My husband is suppose to be here but I don't see him anywhere!"

The guard had to suppress a groan, as this had been the fouth time someone had come crawling back towards the building saying they were missing a loved one. "Halt." He ordered and lifted his weapon...for show of course. "No entry past this point. If your waiting on someone please wait for them at the other end of the bridge.....at the "waiting" area."

"No..No please....you don't understand...." Her face was now tear stained, and with a pathetic whimper she drew another few steps closer.

"Listen....You can either wait with the others, or you can wait in a containment cell.....either way your not getting back in these doors."

"Isn't the containment area that way though?" The guard across the way called out in between gaps in the quiet crowd.

"**** you Larry" The guard glanced over and responded kindly, then returned his gaze to find the woman staring him dead in the eyes.

He screamed......but it would be another 30 seconds before anyone heard him.

"Ha, Your such an idiot Bob." The other guard shook his head and chuckled as something brushed against his back.

Unfortunately for Larry, he wasn't even afforded a last scream.

---

Stepping into the Terminal against the human wave, the redhead stepped to the side and glanced around the terminal while counting down in her head.

Two guards on the walkway, three on the ground.

Mercer in position by the back one, Ghirman close to the other.

I'll take the two on the catwalk and the one watching the line.

Now I just need...

The Signal.

The glass ceiling shattered, drawing the attention of nearly everyone in the terminal as a screaming guard landed with a bone shattering crunch, following by a small rain of shattered glass. With every ones eyes on the prize, the woman swung into action. Stepping forward, her body cloak fell to the floor....and she brought a small weapon to bare on the closest guard. The crack of gunfire snapped security out of the befuddlement of the falling corpse. "We're under attac...EGuh!" Before he could finish a large mass tackled him from behind. Nearby another guard was shot in the back of the head by a concealed weapon.

"Multiple hostiles, Terminal Floor." One of the catwalk guards took aim down at thee now panicked survivors and prepared to open fire....only to fell something cold slice across his back. His superior turned to see the redhead finish her cut across the mans back and leap into the air....only to vanish before he could train his fun on her.

"Wh.." His cry was cut short by a pistol shot to the back of the head.

"Attention People of A-9, please remain calm. This Terminal is now under the temporary occupation by the People of EN.....if you value your lives, stay close to the floors, away from the windows and out of the line of fire." The woman shouted then, tapped her ear. "Mercer...inside is clear for now. Clear the bridge."

---

-- A few minutes earlier --

Owen attempt at a innocuous pace manages to keep him within eyeshot of Kinu, but the redhead slowly breaks away into the crowd. From what he can tell...the woman in the mask seems keenly interested in the men that the redhead had been talking too....at this point she seemed to be approaching them, or rather...stalking seemed a more apt description.

At the same time the crowd seemed to be parting at the request of some rich spoiled brat who somehow had more pull then one would otherwise imagine among the mass of traumatized survivors. The mass that had kept close to the middle of the bridge spread out over to the sides...engulfing the group of men and the woman while impeding his progress.

Somewhere ahead however.....his sense caught a brief surge of magic, then another. From that distance it was impossible to glean much.

---

Kinu was within striking distance now, and she could see the man was listening to something while fiddling with a small device in his hands.....she could also make out the weapons on the others.

"Ange is in, she's taking care of the terminal.....alright boys......lets get this bridge clear, remember...give em a scare, but no killing."

...and then.....a shadow passes by kinu, lunges for the man and delivers a hard kick to the back of his knee.

Several things happen.

With a scream, the man crumbles backward....his friends pull their weapons in surprise......The detonator slips out of his hand and lands with a click against the floor.

One of the men looks down, sees the trigger mechanism flash.....and proceeds to exclaim the obvious.

"OH SHI..."

Far below, heavy explosives detonate on the bridge supports.....first everything vibrates, then it escalates to a rumble.
    Owen runs.

Using his psychokinesis to essentially form a wedge in front of him, he pushes people aside as he follows as quickly as possible towards the magic.

And the soon to be chaos he was sure. His umbrella in one hand, his other double checks the revolver and readies to use it just in case, though he keeps it hidden from view still.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

"How are things looking?" The Redhead whispered quietly, answered only by a voice in her ear as she slid along the river of souls and at last exited the bridge before the terminal entrance. "That many huh....Ok. We start on my signal.....what?.....no you'll know it when you see it. Just...Just get ready."

The woman took a deep breath, exhaled, gave her face a quick pat.....then locked on to one of the two guards standing just outside the terminal, and immediately broke into a fit of self induced sobs as she approached. "Please...Please you have to help. My husband is suppose to be here but I don't see him anywhere!"

The guard had to suppress a groan, as this had been the fouth time someone had come crawling back towards the building saying they were missing a loved one. "Halt." He ordered and lifted his weapon...for show of course. "No entry past this point. If your waiting on someone please wait for them at the other end of the bridge.....at the "waiting" area."

"No..No please....you don't understand...." Her face was now tear stained, and with a pathetic whimper she drew another few steps closer.

"Listen....You can either wait with the others, or you can wait in a containment cell.....either way your not getting back in these doors."

"Isn't the containment area that way though?" The guard across the way called out in between gaps in the quiet crowd.

"**** you Larry" The guard glanced over and responded kindly, then returned his gaze to find the woman staring him dead in the eyes.

"Ha, Your such an idiot Bob." The other guard shook his head and chuckled as something brushed against his back.

---

Stepping into the Terminal against the human wave, the redhead stepped to the side and glanced around the terminal while counting down in her head.

Now I just need...

The Signal.

The glass ceiling shattered, drawing the attention of nearly everyone in the terminal as a screaming guard landed with a bone shattering crunch, following by a small rain of shattered glass. With every ones eyes on the prize, the woman swung into action. Stepping forward, her body cloak fell to the floor....and she brought a small weapon to bare on the closest guard. The crack of gunfire snapped security out of the befuddlement of the falling corpse. "We're under attac...EGuh!" Before he could finish a large mass tackled him from behind. Nearby another guard was shot in the back of the head by a concealed weapon.

"Multiple hostiles, Terminal Floor." One of the catwalk guards took aim down at thee now panicked survivors and prepared to open fire....only to fell something cold slice across his back. His superior turned to see the redhead finish her cut across the mans back and leap into the air....only to vanish before he could train his fun on her.

"Attention People of A-9, please remain calm. This Terminal is now under the temporary occupation by the People of EN.....if you value your lives, stay close to the floors, away from the windows and out of the line of fire." The woman shouted then, tapped her ear. "Mercer...inside is clear for now. Clear the bridge."
    Selma's playing was broken by the explosions, screams, and shouts. Rising to her feet, she slung her guitar onto her back and moved towards several of the frightened people huddling together near the wall, her face hardened as her instinctual need to meet danger head on and stop it to protect those who needed it came to the forefront.

"Stay here and don't leave. I'm going to see what's going on and deal with it." Selma informed them as she walked up to the shadow the group was casting against the wall... and walked directly into it as if it were an open door.

As she entered the shadows, Selma took a deep breath, fortifying her mental defenses as the omnipresent sense of "wrongness" and "unease" that filled the "Realm of Shadow" surrounded and assaulted her mind.

Forcing it back with years of exposure and practice, Selma began moving through the darkness, occasionally poking her head out of a shadow to take a quick look around for enemies or items to transfigure into a weapon before retreating back into it lest she get caught.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

---

Now I just need...

The Signal.

---

Owen attempt at a innocuous pace manages to keep him within eyeshot of Kinu, but the redhead slowly breaks away into the crowd. From what he can tell...the woman in the mask seems keenly interested in the men that the redhead had been talking too....at this point she seemed to be approaching them, or rather...stalking seemed a more apt description.

At the same time the crowd seemed to be parting at the request of some rich spoiled brat who somehow had more pull then one would otherwise imagine among the mass of traumatized survivors. The mass that had kept close to the middle of the bridge spread out over to the sides...engulfing the group of men and the woman while impeding his progress.

Somewhere ahead however.....his sense caught a brief surge of magic, then another. From that distance it was impossible to glean much.

---

Kinu was within striking distance now, and she could see the man was listening to something while fiddling with a small device in his hands.....she could also make out the weapons on the others.

"Ange is in, she's taking care of the terminal.....alright boys......lets get this bridge clear, remember...give em a scare, but no killing."

...and then.....a shadow passes by kinu, lunges for the man and delivers a hard kick to the back of his knee.

Several things happen.

With a scream, the man crumbles backward....his friends pull their weapons in surprise......The detonator slips out of his hand and lands with a click against the floor.

One of the men looks down, sees the trigger mechanism flash.....and proceeds to exclaim the obvious.

"OH SHI..."

Far below, heavy explosives detonate on the bridge supports.....first everything vibrates, then it escalates to a rumble.
    From within his cell, Matthias feels the vibration though everything else is muffled. He looks out to see if anyone else is reacting. As he does, he is looking to take advantage of what is happening to find a means of escape.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Default Citizen Side

---

Several things happen.

"OH SHI..."

Upturning the collar of dingy, wild furs, Kinu crouched under the pressing sea of bodies, counting off these groundlings, these members of Ian's Posse. Red knew something was up, but if she was enough to challenge a Witch, why the secrecy?

Looks like i'll have to pick my questions... Scattered lanes, six people thick. Four. Two. ...and seize my answers.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    “ God damnit. I just screwed up.” He thought as he saw what had gone down, this bridge destruction is his fault, people... oh God the people!”

Then he saw the armed figures and took advantage of them freaking out, he swiftly snaps his gloves on and triggered a thermo rush. Pyrotechnic fury erupts from his gloves palms as he flame throwers into the apparent terrorists briefly while attempting a tactician retreat away from where the vibrations were.
    Just as she was poised to make her move, somebody else go there before her. Looks like they must've gotten on the wrong side of somebody else. But when the screaming started, the pyrotechnics went off, and the foundations of the bridge shook. It was then she seized her opening to-

...no. It was too soon to take them down to Suplex City. There was no audience for it. Besides, taking one of these guys down while their backs were turned was easy enough.

The cloak flew behind her, a shadow snaking through the scattering crowd and the greyed cloth split behind the white shell of a mask revealing...gartered trunks over mismatched leggings. A flash of colour ripped upwards, and the snapping arc of a sharp kick struck the man hard in the side of the head.

A wild mane of green-blue and fuschia fell over the mask. Before he had time to fall, Kinu grabbed this one, a hand each over hips and throat, and bent him over her shoulders in a reverse rack. The frozen, white smile peered back at Levin across his rising flames as they rose in the pandemonium.

"Fuh fuh fuh fuh..."

[snip]

Now I just need...

The Signal.

Of course, now so near to the communications device that now dangled from the man draped over her back, it was enough to pique her curiosity. Shattering glass, gunshots, and a host of other things over the static crackle.

What are you after, People of Ian?

This was clearly some staged operation, and everyone did their bit in the work. Yet it seemed that somebody went off script. The bridge, in fact, wasn't clear. And from what she knew, it was Red's only way out.

Human quarry in tow, Kinu sped forward into the crowd retreating from the rumbling and further into the escalating danger; and as she sprint ahead, she surveyed the bridge's structure; its railings, its suspensions, and the height and distance to cross to the Terminal across the way.
    Last edited by grampagen; 07-07-2020 at 02:37 PM.

Estrid didn't show a hint of a smile as the gentleman awkwardly offered her his free hand, clarified his identity and denied having any knowledge of the matter at hand.

"I see.", her lips pursed, as though she were in thought. "Thank you, Mr. Radiare, there is no need to apologize. Did your corporation send you any details regarding how the Ruin destroyed the city, and how many of us escaped and how?"

While speaking, she surveyed the young woman out of the corner of her eye, the one in distress. With downcast eyes, she was now pacing the floor. The woman had asked for her family and received nothing in response.

Did anyone they know survive? Irriana was in too much a daze to process everything, but the ship they were in didn't seem that large. She wasn't sure if anyone in the system witnessed what happened. Breaking the news to some of them was going to be, to say the least, interesting.

Her thoughts were interrupted as what seemed like thunder struck their cell, rattling the door and making the walls tremble. From somewhere beyond the door, came unmistakable sounds of gunfire.

She turned to the others. "I don't suppose any of you know what that is either?"

---

Now I just need...

The Signal.

---

---

Several things happen.

"OH SHI..."

Within his cell, Jacob feels the vibration and braces himself. ( What the hell is going on?) Jacob thought.

Jacob looks around for a means of escape. ( **** from what I felt that vibration was the result of heavy explosives. When you were in the hitmen business like me. You know a thing or two about explosives,) Jacob thought.

( Not that I ever used explosives, just not my style. Well I better make my escaped fast before my ass is buried under rubble,) Jacob thought.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Retired Overlord

-- Prisoner Side --

Despite the man begging cessation, the chains continued to rattle. In a way it was almost childlike, the defiance. Petulant. Little more than minor annoyance, and yet...

Clank. Clank. Clank. Clank. Clank. Clank. Clank...

Yet with query levied directly, there was a blissful lull.

"I... I have no idea what you're talking about mister... I just want to go home..." the voice said, softly.

Only for the damnable rattle to resume.

Clank. Clank. Clank. Clank. Clank. Clank. Clank...

To accompany it now, however, came a quavering moan that rose in pitch until the girl was all but screaming. "Please... someone... anyone... I don't know why I'm here! I didn't do anything! I... just... I just want to go home!"
    "Damn it....keep it down in there or so help me you won't even get to Eisenbe..." On of the guards pulled back to slam his fist against the metal at the side of the cell, but found his hand caught by the guard in charge.

"Save it....Let her cry all she wants. She won't get the satisfaction of a quick end....not where she's going....remember?"

"Right...." The guard blew out a calming breath and clicked his mouth. ".....still annoying as hell...."

Glancing off to the guards, then back to the small cell, the imprisoned man raises an eyebrow amidst the continuing cacophony. ".....listen.....witch killer or not.....ya need to calm down before they decide you ain't worth the time....which may well be your plan for all I know."

Xia's eyes cracked open to behold her cramped and confined cell. The mystical wall hemming her in was still there. As far as she could tell, there was no way out. Maybe. She rose to her feet easily and once again stepped toward the cell door. There wasn't a lock that she could ascertain, but what if...

...she punched it?

Her right hand rose and balled into a fist. Drawing it back a foot at most, she lightly tapped the cell door.
    With a casual strike, the barrier absorbed the impact of her fist and...

.....the structure shuddered.

The guard who had been watching her out of the corner of his eye with mild amusement suddenly cocked his head in her direction with an eye raised. The other guards glanced around and raised their weapons. "You hear that?"

The cells shudder again.....the muffled sound of explosions can be heard nearby.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Stepping back, with a mildly chagrin scowl, it was now obvious to him that this place was warded. Resuming his composure, Matthias once again used his talents on the cell its' self. He understood that these cells were designed to be impervious to talents, potentially inescapable. This did not deter him, it was a puzzle like any other. If there is a flaw in the design of the cell, he would find it, he would solve this puzzle as he always does. Though application of all his talents, observation, and putting the pieces together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    From within his cell, Matthias feels the vibration though everything else is muffled. He looks out to see if anyone else is reacting. As he does, he is looking to take advantage of what is happening to find a means of escape.
    The guards appear to be checking on the prisoners while looking for a update on what just exploded. Some are holding weapons and eyeing the cells.

His solve skill gave him very little to work with, the cell interior was bare.....and designed to hold someone much stronger. All the controls for the barrier was situated on the outside of the cell, beyond his reach.

Retired Overlord

Jacob just tries to ignore the noise intimate. (Does that person making that racking think anyone can help them? We're stuck in these inescapable cells,) Jacob thought.

( Maybe I could break out of this cell and help them, but I don't see any way I can do that. Dammit where's that hallucination of mine when I need it,) Jacob thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Within his cell, Jacob feels the vibration and braces himself. ( What the hell is going on?) Jacob thought.

Jacob looks around for a means of escape. ( **** from what I felt that vibration was the result of heavy explosives. When you were in the hitmen business like me. You know a thing or two about explosives,) Jacob thought.

( Not that I ever used explosives, just not my style. Well I better make my escaped fast before my ass is buried under rubble,) Jacob thought.
    Jacob was in no better position then the others. Nothing in his cell seemed to offer an obvious way out. Normally it would be impossible with the guards keeping watch....but perhaps there was something he could do now that the rumbling was distracting everyone.

But what...?

The guards appear to be checking on the prisoners while looking for a update on what just exploded. Some are holding weapons and eyeing the cells.

His solve skill gave him very little to work with, the cell interior was bare.....and designed to hold someone much stronger. All the controls for the barrier was situated on the outside of the cell, beyond his reach.
    It did give one thing. If he was able to hear the sounds of the other prisoners, then sound was one thing that was not restricted by the Cell's fields. It was a theory, and Mathias knew a way to test it.

Pursing his lips together while modulating his voice, he sent out an extremely high pitched whistle. The sound would not likely be heard by humans, but it would be heard by many non-human creatures, tiny non-human creatures. Even a prison such as this is not immune from infestation by rats and other critters. If his theory holds, his whistle should bring them out into the open in a panicked frenzy.
    Last edited by Tami; 07-07-2020 at 03:52 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"Damn it....keep it down in there or so help me you won't even get to Eisenbe..." On of the guards pulled back to slam his fist against the metal at the side of the cell, but found his hand caught by the guard in charge.

"Save it....Let her cry all she wants. She won't get the satisfaction of a quick end....not where she's going....remember?"

"Right...." The guard blew out a calming breath and clicked his mouth. ".....still annoying as hell...."

Glancing off to the guards, then back to the small cell, the imprisoned man raises an eyebrow amidst the continuing cacophony. ".....listen.....witch killer or not.....ya need to calm down before they decide you ain't worth the time....which may well be your plan for all I know."
    The panicked crying became a piercing shriek, as the guards threatened to do... something; and the sound of clattering chains continued on, faster than before, as the girl continued to beg- heedless of her surroundings.

"I JUST WANT TO GO HOME!"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Retired Overlord

- Survivor Side -

"Mercer? Mercer Report?" Ange tapped her communicator and growled. "Damn it....that detonation was too soon."

"Ange! There are people still on the bridge!" One of the rebels shouted up to her, which elected an immediate curse as the girl bit her thumb then tapped her ear. "Get everyone off the bridge and into the terminal before it collapses..." With a powerful leap, the girl threw herself over the catwalk....vanishing before reappearing on the floor with a soft touch down. "I'll deal with the incoming civilians, the rest of you clear the inside..."

---

Selma's playing was broken by the explosions, screams, and shouts. Rising to her feet, she slung her guitar onto her back and moved towards several of the frightened people huddling together near the wall, her face hardened as her instinctual need to meet danger head on and stop it to protect those who needed it came to the forefront.

"Stay here and don't leave. I'm going to see what's going on and deal with it." Selma informed them as she walked up to the shadow the group was casting against the wall... and walked directly into it as if it were an open door.

As she entered the shadows, Selma took a deep breath, fortifying her mental defenses as the omnipresent sense of "wrongness" and "unease" that filled the "Realm of Shadow" surrounded and assaulted her mind.

Forcing it back with years of exposure and practice, Selma began moving through the darkness, occasionally poking her head out of a shadow to take a quick look around for enemies or items to transfigure into a weapon before retreating back into it lest she get caught.
    Perhaps it was a combination of the sudden vibration through the building, the sounds of combat close by...and then one of his prisoners running into the shadows and vanishing. But the guard on duty had quite literally seen enough.....having to blink his eyes clear just to make sure the shock hadn't screwed with his eyesight.

A moment later his lack of attention led to a solid strike to the back of his head by a much larger man, flanked by a lankier man with a small firearm.

"Whoa...." The small man tapped his ear. "Ange, we got some interrigate..........uhh.....whats the word for the one getting interrogated?"

"Intergatetee?" The larger muttered.

"Uhh....whatever.....more prisoners." The smaller man stepped up to the field and glanced in at everyone. "I don't see em..."

"Course not...wouldn't be holding him with the rest of the scapegoats."

"Yeah....I suppose." The lanky man moved to the side and eyed something on the wall just out of sight. "Ok listen up....I'm gonna cut the barrier, and you guys are gonna keep calm and not start any **** with us.....We're not here to hurt you. Got it?"

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

-- Prisoner Side --

With a casual strike, the barrier absorbed the impact of her fist and...

.....the structure shuddered.

The guard who had been watching her out of the corner of his eye with mild amusement suddenly cocked his head in her direction with an eye raised. The other guards glanced around and raised their weapons. "You hear that?"

The cells shudder again.....the muffled sound of explosions can be heard nearby.
    As she feared, the barrier absorbed the impact of her light jab. She had no doubt that the same would continue to happen regardless of how much strength she put into it. With no other recourse and the controls to the cell out of her reach, Xia had no choice but to...

A rumble?

"..." What?

A muffled cacophony of explosions rocked the entire building. Given the confusion of the guards, it wasn't on purpose. Perhaps it was an accident or an attempted jailbreak elsewhere; she wasn't sure which. Not that it mattered. She had a feeling it was her ticket out of there. All she had to do was wait.

She stepped back and sat down on the floor, legs crossed. Her eyes closed, her mind drifted away into an empty space to center herself. Gradually, the slightly rumble and annoying crying from the outer cell all melted away into nothing. Her spirit blossomed forward, merging with her outer body as the two halves of her being became united.

Calm Mind, Centered Being
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!