Page 5 of 79 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Default Cell Block

"Sounds like trouble out there..." Omg whistled from his cell as the walls of the prison began to rumble. "I figure you that'll see for to save yourselves and doom us poor captives to die, but you really think you can handle whatever's makin' all that clamor yourselves?"

"If any of you got any smarts, you best take heed," he continued. "'Cause, your superiors don't give a rat's ass whether the lot of ya live or die...but for the right price...I do."

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    It did give one thing. If he was able to hear the sounds of the other prisoners, then sound was one thing that was not restricted by the Cell's fields. It was a theory, and Mathias knew a way to test it.

Pursing his lips together while modulating his voice, he sent out an extremely high pitched whistle. The sound would not likely be heard by humans, but it would be heard by many non-human creatures, tiny non-human creatures. Even a prison such as this is not immune from infestation by rats and other critters. If his theory holds, his whistle should bring them out into the open in a panicked frenzy.
    The sound does indeed seem to be unimpeded by the barrier.....as the bound girls screams a short distance away could also attest much to Mathias, and the others annoyance no doubt.

However....his attempt at rousing the local animal population proved futile. It seems that one thing the Administratum has somehow managed to excel at is pest control.....as the cold, sterile floors and walls seem to attest. The guard would give him a curious look had he not been scratching his teeth together in furious anger at the screaming.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    The panicked crying became a piercing shriek, as the guards threatened to do... something; and the sound of clattering chains continued on, faster than before, as the girl continued to beg- heedless of her surroundings.

"I JUST WANT TO GO HOME!"
    With the Guard in charge distracted by the rumbling, the one standing outside the cell seemingly can take no more.

With sudden, venom charged rage he slaps the panel...shutting off the outer barrier, then marches in...aims the butt of his rifle and smashes it against the outside of her unit. "SHUT YOUR DAMN MOUTH! STUPID BITCH! SHUT.YOUR.MOUTH."

Every word is emphasized by a crack against the unit.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    The sound does indeed seem to be unimpeded by the barrier.....as the bound girls screams a short distance away could also attest much to Mathias, and the others annoyance no doubt.

However....his attempt at rousing the local animal population proved futile. It seems that one thing the Administratum has somehow managed to excel at is pest control.....as the cold, sterile floors and walls seem to attest. The guard would give him a curious look had he not been scratching his teeth together in furious anger at the screaming.
    Ceasing his effort, Matthias stared out of the cell intently as he listened to the noise created by the one prisoner on the far end of the row. It was sad to hear one seemingly in so much pain, but for now there wasn't much he could do.

However, that didn't stop him from considering his options. What he would need is an opening, and if the sounds from above were any indication that opening might happen sooner than later.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

With the Guard in charge distracted by the rumbling, the one standing outside the cell seemingly can take no more.

With sudden, venom charged rage he slaps the panel...shutting off the outer barrier, then marches in...aims the butt of his rifle and smashes it against the outside of her unit. "SHUT YOUR DAMN MOUTH! STUPID BITCH! SHUT.YOUR.MOUTH."

Every word is emphasized by a crack against the unit.
    "LET ME GO HOME." The 'stupid bitch responds', the sound of the rifle's butt slamming against the front of her containment unit doing a fine job of muffling the sound of of rattling chains... but she's gotten what she wanted in the end, hadn't she?

Prey.

It took a moment for the timing, WHAM.. WHAM.. WHAM, but once it was set; muscles strained against the manacles and it wasn't long at all before they'd give way. All she needed now was...

"MISTER, PLEASE, HELP ME GET HOME!"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Retired Overlord

"LET ME GO HOME." The 'stupid bitch responds', the sound of the rifle's butt slamming against the front of her containment unit doing a fine job of muffling the sound of of rattling chains... but she's gotten what she wanted in the end, hadn't she?

Prey.

It took a moment for the timing, WHAM.. WHAM.. WHAM, but once it was set; muscles strained against the manacles and it wasn't long at all before they'd give way. All she needed now was...

"MISTER, PLEASE, HELP ME GET HOME!"
    "I'll help you home you damn beast." The Guard cocked his gun and walked around the the front of the unit, the pointed it right through the gap. "Give me one more excuse and I'll send you back where you came from....prison be damned."

"Solder!" The head guard, hearing the commotion, yelled in an attempt to get his officer under control.

Sensing something coming, the rebel leader stayed silent.

"Well?" The guard fingered the trigger, then smirked and confidently spun the butt of his rifle to smack the box just above the hole.

"I'll help you home you damn beast." The Guard cocked his gun and walked around the the front of the unit, the pointed it right through the gap. "Give me one more excuse and I'll send you back where you came from....prison be damned."

"Solder!" The head guard, hearing the commotion, yelled in an attempt to get his officer under control.

Sensing something coming, the rebel leader stayed silent.

"Well?" The guard fingered the trigger, then smirked and confidently spun the butt of his rifle to smack the box just above the hole.
    When the barrel of the rifle was jammed through the viewing hole the girl cried out sharply, but with the promise of being returned to where she'd come from, levied, the girl's caterwauling ebbed.

"Where I c... came from?"

A single eye appeared in the gap, as the soldier continued to jam his rifle against the containment unit. Only for a bloody, golden scale to be tossed onto him; and the voice that followed was most certainly not a frightened young girl.

"... Why would I want that?"

There came a pause... and then the scale exploded.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

The commotion at the end of the hall was reaching a fever pitch. The guard was about as annoyed as she was with that annoying woman's incessant whining and crying, but unlike Xia, he had a gun and the ability to do something about it. Between that and the rumbling above them, though, the rest of the guards were almost certainly distracted.

Idea.

There was a control panel to the door was on the outside of her cell, just out of her reach. Out of her physical reach. It would take some creative thinking, but she had an idea on how to get out. If it worked, she would be free... and outnumbered 7 to 1, with the 7 being heavily armed.

It was worth a shot. She figured she was going to die anyway; she would rather die fighting than sitting and rotting in a cell.

Her spirit was perfectly aligned with her body. She remained perfectly still with her eyes closed, but her mind replayed the layout of the hallway. Specifically, the layout of the panel that controlled this dumb barrier. She had to time this right, or the guard watching her cell was going to shoot her the moment her barrier dropped. Assuming what she did actually worked.

When the barrel of the rifle was jammed through the viewing hole the girl cried out sharply, but with the promise of being returned to where she'd come from, levied, the girl's caterwauling ebbed.

A single eye appeared in the gap, as the soldier continued to jam his rifle against the containment unit. Only for a bloody, golden scale to be tossed onto him; and the voice that followed was most certainly not a frightened young girl.

A loud explosion rumbled from the end of the hall. Whatever was going on had come to a head. More importantly, whatever was going on had gotten so loud that there was little doubt the other guards would leave their posts to help.

Just the distraction Xia was looking for. She held off for a few more seconds until she was sure the coast was clear.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

- Survivor Side -
    Things were looking bleak back then. I'm surprised I held up as well as I did in that nightmare... which was barely, if I recall right.

It was around that time the explosions went off, shaking the whole cell. I thought the building was going to collapse! I remember running to the bars trying to look out as far as I can, or maybe it was to try and plea for release? Either way, it didn't matter as the guard was quick to scare me back by banging on the bars. Without context, I might have felt bad for the guy. He was just trying to do his job and control everyone (it was pretty chaotic), but knowing what I know, **** him.

The guard didn't get much done before he was knocked by two guys. I remember thinking they were heroes, come to save us; they weren't, but close enough.
    "What's going on?!" Sigourney shouted, trying to talk over the panicking within the cell, yet she didn't really fight for an answer as the men had promised salvation. Answers can come later, she had to get out of here and find her family.

After the flaming gout of flame into the terrorists he heard the woman’s laugh.

“ Mysterious” He thought you himself as he then goes off to check on the damage. While trying not to get shot as he was over his head and knew it.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "I... I dunno..."

Releasing his hand, she took a few steps away. She needed to collect her thoughts, she needed her...

A wave of emptiness struck her as she once again realized that she was without her diary, her coping mechanism. Crossing her arms in an attempt to keep them busy, she kept her eyes to the floor as she began walking once more, counting the steps in an attempt to keep her mind busy. She needed to think, needed to remember what happened. Why was she in this cell? Why was she surprised that she had been rescued? Why was she so distrusting and angry at the Administratum before they had arrived in this city?

Was it the dreams? No, she hadn't uttered a word about them to anyone.

Something had happened back in A-9 and now they were being... punished? No, if that were the case, they would have been left in A-9. The Administratum clearly wanted them detained for something else, but what?
    Did I say something wrong? No. Well, perhaps...

At first, before she started... pacing, he wondered if he had said something indisposing; now, he... still didn't know if he had offended her or not but was at least certain that- whether he truly had or not- what means were available to him to even try to clear the air would fail more likely than not.

As he had been told on innumerous occasions, a diplomat was something he absolutely was not.

Something that ultimately hadn't mattered before-

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    Estrid didn't show a hint of a smile as the gentleman awkwardly offered her his free hand, clarified his identity and denied having any knowledge of the matter at hand.

"I see.", her lips pursed, as though she were in thought. "Thank you, Mr. Radiare, there is no need to apologize. Did your corporation send you any details regarding how the Ruin destroyed the city, and how many of us escaped and how?"

While speaking, she surveyed the young woman out of the corner of her eye, the one in distress. With downcast eyes, she was now pacing the floor. The woman had asked for her family and received nothing in response.

Did anyone they know survive? Irriana was in too much a daze to process everything, but the ship they were in didn't seem that large. She wasn't sure if anyone in the system witnessed what happened. Breaking the news to some of them was going to be, to say the least, interesting.
    -but was already looking to be something that promised to matter a whole lot more- and sooner- than he ultimately was ready for.

"Sadly, either they did not know or could not say, as what I got was more akin to a Public Service Announcement from the Administratum- but somehow even more vague*. I know that there's between two and three hundred of us from A-9 here now, but whether that's because the others have been sent elsewhere or because we're literally all that remains is something only the Nephilim could tell you."

*OOC: I.E, the Citizen start PSA minus the instigator bit

The glass ceiling shattered, drawing the attention of nearly everyone in the terminal as a screaming guard landed with a bone shattering crunch, following by a small rain of shattered glass.
    Stepping forward, her body cloak fell to the floor....and she brought a small weapon to bare on the closest guard. The crack of gunfire snapped security out of the befuddlement of the falling corpse.
    Nearby another guard was shot in the back of the head by a concealed weapon.
    "Wh.." His cry was cut short by a pistol shot to the back of the head.
    What in the world is...

Far below, heavy explosives detonate on the bridge supports.....first everything vibrates, then it escalates to a rumble.
    ...going on here?

The multiple walls between him and what was a sudden torrent of activity outside made it nearly impossible to discern exactly what with his his alone, but there was little chance that the sounds belied anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    Her thoughts were interrupted as what seemed like thunder struck their cell, rattling the door and making the walls tremble. From somewhere beyond the door, came unmistakable sounds of gunfire.

She turned to the others. "I don't suppose any of you know what that is either?"
    "I'd give good money that this place is under some sort of attack - and a rather large one at that."

Perhaps it was a combination of the sudden vibration through the building, the sounds of combat close by...and then one of his prisoners running into the shadows and vanishing. But the guard on duty had quite literally seen enough.....having to blink his eyes clear just to make sure the shock hadn't screwed with his eyesight.

A moment later his lack of attention led to a solid strike to the back of his head by a much larger man, flanked by a lankier man with a small firearm.

"Whoa...." The small man tapped his ear. "Ange, we got some interrigate..........uhh.....whats the word for the one getting interrogated?"

"Intergatetee?" The larger muttered.

"Uhh....whatever.....more prisoners." The smaller man stepped up to the field and glanced in at everyone. "I don't see em..."

"Course not...wouldn't be holding him with the rest of the scapegoats."

"Yeah....I suppose." The lanky man moved to the side and eyed something on the wall just out of sight. "Ok listen up....I'm gonna cut the barrier, and you guys are gonna keep calm and not start any **** with us.....We're not here to hurt you. Got it?"
    Prisoners?

Scapegoats?

The far less than stellar behavior from the guards- and the whole complex, really- was suspicious before, but ultimately relegated to being merely a matter of lack of appropriate manners and training. But the words of these new arrivals brought what came before into a whole new light. An actually potentially worrisome light.

"If you don't mind," Lucifer spoke, "seeing that you claim not to be here to hurt us despite all the heat being thrown around outside, would you fill me on what's going on? What do you mean by scapegoat?"
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Perhaps it was a combination of the sudden vibration through the building, the sounds of combat close by...and then one of his prisoners running into the shadows and vanishing. But the guard on duty had quite literally seen enough.....having to blink his eyes clear just to make sure the shock hadn't screwed with his eyesight.

A moment later his lack of attention led to a solid strike to the back of his head by a much larger man, flanked by a lankier man with a small firearm.

"Whoa...." The small man tapped his ear. "Ange, we got some interrigate..........uhh.....whats the word for the one getting interrogated?"

"Intergatetee?" The larger muttered.

"Uhh....whatever.....more prisoners." The smaller man stepped up to the field and glanced in at everyone. "I don't see em..."

"Course not...wouldn't be holding him with the rest of the scapegoats."

"Yeah....I suppose." The lanky man moved to the side and eyed something on the wall just out of sight. "Ok listen up....I'm gonna cut the barrier, and you guys are gonna keep calm and not start any **** with us.....We're not here to hurt you. Got it?"
    Selma frowned as she watched from a secretive spot, but decided not to get involved since they claimed they weren't gonna hurt them. She could attack them, but that would only make things dangerous for the people caught in the middle. Selma reached out, grabbed a random item, and slipped back into the darkness as her magic began morphing and shifting it into a sheathed dagger.

"Really need to practice this so I can make guns quicker." Selma muttered and kept moving through the darkness toward another part of the building to find out what exactly was going on.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Jacob was in no better position then the others. Nothing in his cell seemed to offer an obvious way out. Normally it would be impossible with the guards keeping watch....but perhaps there was something he could do now that the rumbling was distracting everyone.

But what...?
    Jacob attempts to think of something he could do with the guards distracting. However, hearing the screams of one prisoner and the voice of the two of the guards causes Jacob to have flashbacks about his family, and he starts holding his head. ( **** why I'm thinking about them at a time like this, dammit Jacob get yourself together,) Jacob thought.

Jacob breathes heavily and then looks outside his cell for a way he could make his escape.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Retired Overlord

The guard yelps and pulls back in surprise, his foot twisting as he reflectively turns toward the cell exit...causing him to trip and stumble out into the open. "The **** is thi..."

Th explosion cut him off before he could finish. The immediate explosion knocked two of the nearby guards off their feet, one letting out a cry of pain barely audible amist the chaos...the other hitting the ground limp.

The blast also succeding in knocking the rebel leader onto his side....cracking several parts of his restrains but leaving him dazed. Several of the runes on the side of the girls container were seared off as well.

A loud explosion rumbled from the end of the hall. Whatever was going on had come to a head. More importantly, whatever was going on had gotten so loud that there was little doubt the other guards would leave their posts to help.

Just the distraction Xia was looking for. She held off for a few more seconds until she was sure the coast was clear.
    The guards in front of her cell moved to contain the situation, leaving her clear and unwatched.

Retired Overlord

"What's going on?!" Sigourney shouted, trying to talk over the panicking within the cell, yet she didn't really fight for an answer as the men had promised salvation. Answers can come later, she had to get out of here and find her family.
    Prisoners?

Scapegoats?

The far less than stellar behavior from the guards- and the whole complex, really- was suspicious before, but ultimately relegated to being merely a matter of lack of appropriate manners and training. But the words of these new arrivals brought what came before into a whole new light. An actually potentially worrisome light.

"If you don't mind," Lucifer spoke, "seeing that you claim not to be here to hurt us despite all the heat being thrown around outside, would you fill me on what's going on? What do you mean by scapegoat?"
    "You serious don't know? **** you guys...." The lanky man stopped himself. "I'm sorry....my bitchin is the least of your guys problems right now. Let me guess.....Debriefing?" He shook his head and sighed. "Let me tell you.....my friends cousins brother was debriefed after the A-7 transfer last year. Its an Administratum Buzz word meant to keep ya from shitting your pants......Only reason they'd pull you guys aside is cause they have to fill their rebel quota, cause you have something they want and don't want the hassle of asking, or they just don't like you."

The larger of the two nods, then puts his finger to his ear. A voice quietly talks to him over the com.

".....En says these ones are important......especially this one." He points to Lucifer. "We take them with us."

"......Whoa buddy......excuse my friend here, he ain't good at small or big talk." The lanky man hits a key on the panel and the barrier shimmers and fades. "Listen, you guys can take your chances with the Administratum....but 9 chances outta 10 your just gonna end up in a much darker cell real fast, if your lucky. But....and this is seriously just a suggestion.....we can get you guys out of here....in return for a few minutes of your time once its done."

Stepping back, he motions for them to step out. "In any event.....stick with us for now. No sense wandering around, there may be some guards still about ya know."