Page 54 of 79 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Selma wandered in, took notice of the 'patient', and quickly moved over, the feeling and pain of her back forgotten at the sight of the injured girl. Kneeling down and quickly looking her over, Selma frowned as she asked "OK, what exactly happened to her? Run in with a witch or what?"

Taking a deep breath, she said "Sorry for butting in, but I believe I can help. I've dealt with enough trauma like this back alone or with back-alley doctors in A-11 to the point that I was pretty much the go-to medic for people looking to get patched up after an ass-kicking but not wanting to go to people who would ask 'uncomfortable questions' about their injuries."
    "See what the Wrestler has to say first," Arx said pointing the makeshift splint at Kinu. "In case you forgot, I'm a people-eating lizard."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Having knocked her out with barely a love-tap not more than a day before, Arx opted not to say why she believed the girl was dying. Instead she impatiently licked the blood from her claws- concerned as she was, magic-laced blood was magic-laced blood- while Kinu assessed their 'patient'.
    "Keep pressure on so we can stop the bleeding..."

Suddenly, the slither and dry smacking of lips made Kinu realize something quite starkly.

...oh crap...

"...the hell are you droolin' for, Chopperface? Focus."

When the table leg was offered, the Dragon's tail wrapped around from behind to snatch it out of the wrestler's hand. "If you're quick enough she won't have time to fight it."

The girl was terribly slow. Another red flag... Or the earmark of a dimwitted 'hunter'.

"Do what you need to. I'll be here to keep her still."
    The piece of wood shot out of her hand with a sudden jerk, and the Warrior of the Wasteland's lips scrunched indignantly.

"What the f-?!"

Kinu's eyes widened as she locked eyes with Arx for a good long moment...before curtly reaching over and snapping off another table leg.

Gaze unmoving as she felt out the measure against the length of Morgen's forearm.

"Yeah, well if ya'd let me brace it, the sooner she can handle herself," she replied. "Now gimme that other piece."

Tying off strips onto the makeshift splint from elbow to wrist, Kinu crossed Morgen's arm across chest, scraps of towel tied over the dark upper-class frills and ribbons as she glowered, muttering something about a new pair of boots.

Pulling 'em out is easy, but puttin' bones back together is somethin' else, especially delicate ones like these.

"Gee-Gee said we gotta clear out, ain't gonna have time to do much more," she said, tying off a length of fabric into a makeshift sling to support the arm close to the body and take the weight off of the elbow. "Alright, sit her up, let's see if that head wound's stop gushing."
    Last edited by grampagen; 08-07-2020 at 11:12 PM.

"See what the Wrestler has to say first," Arx said pointing the makeshift splint at Kinu. "In case you forgot, I'm a people-eating lizard."
    "Not the time. After we make sure Morgana doesn't die from her mortal wounds, then we can discuss it or fight it out or whatever. But the survival of the injured person takes priority over our problems with each other." Selma said with an annoyed glare.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The piece of wood shot out of her hand with a sudden jerk, and the Warrior of the Wasteland's lips scrunched indignantly.

"What the f-?!"

Kinu's eyes widened as she locked eyes with Arx for a good long moment...before curtly reaching over and snapping off another table leg.

Gaze unmoving as she felt out the measure against the length of Morgen's forearm.

"Yeah, well if ya'd let me brace it, the sooner she can handle herself," she replied. "Now gimme that other piece."

Tying off strips onto the makeshift splint from elbow to wrist, Kinu crossed Morgen's arm across chest, scraps of towel tied over the dark upper-class frills and ribbons as she glowered, muttering something about a new pair of boots.

Pulling 'em out is easy, but puttin' bones back together is somethin' else, especially delicate ones like these.

"Gee-Gee said we gotta clear out, ain't gonna have time to do much more," she said, tying off a length of fabric into a makeshift sling to support the arm close to the body and take the weight off of the elbow. "Alright, sit her up, let's see if that head wound's stop gushing."
    "So, do you have any problems with me giving aid?" Selma asked, moving her arm under Morgana's head to brace it, ensuring it's kept stable and doesn't cause any unnecessary movement to it or her neck, since she knew that would likely make her injuries worse.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

"Keep pressure on so we can stop the bleeding..."

Suddenly, the slither and dry smacking of lips made Kinu realize something quite starkly.

...oh crap...

"...the hell are you droolin' for, Chopperface? Focus."
    "Better this than nibbling on the girl," Arx said with a shrug. "I'm never not starving, but constant 'snacks' keep me cogent."

She was doing her best not to fall back to her usual habits anyway. Taking advantage of a grisly situation in order to keep it that way may have been deplorable to say the least; but it'd never been something of a concern, Arx's social standing. One did as one must.

"What the f-?!"

"Sorry." Arx said with a grumble. "Not my forte, fixing humans."

Still, the Dragon did as she was told and applied pressure where needed, doing her best to ignore the smell- of the girl's magic- while also paying close attention to what the wrestler was doing. It was certainly insightful... interesting, even; but more importantly it called to mind a memory or two from a time before she'd been summoned. That damn Witch... Which helped all the more with keeping her mind of feeding.

So, when Kinu asked for Morgiana to be propped up it took a few seconds for her to stir before she carefully lifted the girl up.

"Nnn? Oh. Yea," and in as many times as minutes. "Sorry."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

"Better this than nibbling on the girl," Arx said with a shrug. "I'm never not starving, but constant 'snacks' keep me cogent."

She was doing her best not to fall back to her usual habits anyway. Taking advantage of a grisly situation in order to keep it that way may have been deplorable to say the least; but it'd never been something of a concern, Arx's social standing. One did as one must.
    "I figure we wouldn't be doing this right now if you'd gone all the way," Kinu grumbled as she pieced together the sling knot, making sure it kept Morgen's arm firm, but relaxed. "Keep it down 'till Mulvric gives you the hookup, yeah?"

"Sorry." Arx said with a grumble. "Not my forte, fixing humans."

Still, the Dragon did as she was told and applied pressure where needed, doing her best to ignore the smell- of the girl's magic- while also paying close attention to what the wrestler was doing. It was certainly insightful... interesting, even; but more importantly it called to mind a memory or two from a time before she'd been summoned. That damn Witch... Which helped all the more with keeping her mind of feeding.

So, when Kinu asked for Morgiana to be propped up it took a few seconds for her to stir before she carefully lifted the girl up.

"Nnn? Oh. Yea," and in as many times as minutes. "Sorry."
    "Ain't my forte either," Kinu chuckled dryly, and left it at that.

Steadying the wither rose of a magician girl with the others, Kinu's eyes narrowed as she moved a fresh compress to replace the red rag Arx had held in place, nodding to her once it was in place, and seated upright she got a better look at the wounded.

Morgen was a wreck. Other than the arm that had been set and the gash on her head, she'd been covered in scrapes and bruises. In this comatose state, the haughty mistress floating about with her gold and roses over the terminal was nowhere to be found.

What happened to you?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    "Not the time. After we make sure Morgana doesn't die from her mortal wounds, then we can discuss it or fight it out or whatever. But the survival of the injured person takes priority over our problems with each other." Selma said with an annoyed glare.

"So, do you have any problems with me giving aid?" Selma asked, moving her arm under Morgana's head to brace it, ensuring it's kept stable and doesn't cause any unnecessary movement to it or her neck, since she knew that would likely make her injuries worse.
    This scrappy little 9er again. Ever since the Terminal she's been waiting to take a shot.

"I don't know, is there anything you can do?"

Swabbing her hand off the edge of the cut, the bleeding had slowed, but even a second's negligence saw the blood weep out again in a clean line. Kinu folded a clean edge over and resumed the pressure.

"Gonna need something cold, something else to dry it out, and something to keep the edges in" she said. "Though, we'd never hear the end of it from Rosie if we stitched her up on the face while she was KO'd. We gotta go, besides. Might be best to clamp it down and give the Princess a little wrap-up crown, yeah?"
    Last edited by grampagen; 08-08-2020 at 02:04 AM.

Morgen was neither dying nor unconscious, but the abrupt blow to the head had left her severely dazed -- outside of visible surface injuries, it became evident that she had suffered a concussion. Perhaps she would have fared a little better if Lucia's headbutt from earlier hadn't left hair fractures in her skull, but she wasn't in a position to rewind time. With both her motor and thinking skills handicapped, she had been unsteady in applying wounds to herself, leaving gashes deeper than she'd intended. The subsequent blood loss caused her to drift in and out of consciousness, but was slowly beginning to come to as the voices around her echoed and she felt hands upon her body.

"Don't... touch me..." she murmured, staring groggily with half-open eyes. "Just watch... like you always do..."

Her eyes scrunched up as the dull, throbbing pain in her body steadily became sharper and sharper as the seconds passed. The applied pressure began waking her from her stupor; now, their hands on her wounds felt like firecrackers under her skin, she suddenly jolted away from their touch and let out small, pathetic whimpers as her mind attempted feebly to cope with the chaos of sensations. She was dry of tears, but her face was visibly crying something fierce -- contorted into something ugly and unsightly. It wasn't just the firing nerve endings... in this moment, she truly looked as though she believed she were the most miserable person alive.

But inside, somehow, she was perfectly calm.

While her body suffered and her expression was wrought with agonizing emotion, something within her seemed to have snapped. Like an out-of-body experience of sorts; she'd experienced it a few times in her life, as an unconscious self-defense mechanism against whatever crisis she was facing at the time. And in her mentally tranquil state, she gained bearing of her situation. The voices became audible, as did her own thoughts. Just from quality, she recognized the wrestler first. There were others here, but she'd only just begun to tune back into reality. Either way, she remembered, clearly, what she meant to do. Morgen managed to settle down from her thrashing temporarily in order to speak.

"The adminstratum... they had a lead, to this place... tried to play dumb, turn their intel around by implying we wanted to set up an ambush for them here..." Her voice came out weak, but was just loud enough for those around to hear. "Seems they didn't like that, suspected me of being a rebel... they're probably... chasing a different lead now, but if they are it'll only buy a little bit of time..."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Owen listens to her story, not sure if he believes it or not.

He keeps his senses open for the magical presences incoming, knowing the Administration will be by soon.

“We have to go, now. We already know our stalker is close by, we can’t afford to dally much longer.”

OT: With his experience interrogating and listening to people, and knowing the Administration and their tactics, how much does he believe Morgen’s story, Sandy?

Melon, how much is she actually trying to sell the performance?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    OOC: It's not much of a "performance" per se, she's barely getting the words out and doesn't have room in her facial expression to do any acting because of the amount of pain she's experiencing, but she is making a concentrated effort to seem believable

"I figure we wouldn't be doing this right now if you'd gone all the way," Kinu grumbled as she pieced together the sling knot, making sure it kept Morgen's arm firm, but relaxed. "Keep it down 'till Mulvric gives you the hookup, yeah?"
    Nothing more needed to be said here, the understanding between Arx and Kinu was clear. So the Dragon simply nodded...

"Ain't my forte either," Kinu chuckled dryly, and left it at that.

Steadying the wither rose of a magician girl with the others, Kinu's eyes narrowed as she moved a fresh compress to replace the red rag Arx had held in place, nodding to her once it was in place, and seated upright she got a better look at the wounded.

Morgen was a wreck. Other than the arm that had been set and the gash on her head, she'd been covered in scrapes and bruises. In this comatose state, the haughty mistress floating about with her gold and roses over the terminal was nowhere to be found.

What happened to you?
    ... before stuffing the bloody rag in the waistline of her tattered pants. Assuming Mulvric couldn't get her the 'hook up' in a timely manner; it'd go a long way to keeping her from nibbling unnecessarily. Of course, she'd also be eating a rag.

The things one does to survive...

Quote Originally Posted by Melon God View Post
    Morgen was neither dying nor unconscious, but the abrupt blow to the head had left her severely dazed -- outside of visible surface injuries, it became evident that she had suffered a concussion. Perhaps she would have fared a little better if Lucia's headbutt from earlier hadn't left hair fractures in her skull, but she wasn't in a position to rewind time. With both her motor and thinking skills handicapped, she had been unsteady in applying wounds to herself, leaving gashes deeper than she'd intended. The subsequent blood loss caused her to drift in and out of consciousness, but was slowly beginning to come to as the voices around her echoed and she felt hands upon her body.

"Don't... touch me..." she murmured, staring groggily with half-open eyes. "Just watch... like you always do..."

Her eyes scrunched up as the dull, throbbing pain in her body steadily became sharper and sharper as the seconds passed. The applied pressure began waking her from her stupor; now, their hands on her wounds felt like firecrackers under her skin, she suddenly jolted away from their touch and let out small, pathetic whimpers as her mind attempted feebly to cope with the chaos of sensations. She was dry of tears, but her face was visibly crying something fierce -- contorted into something ugly and unsightly. It wasn't just the firing nerve endings... in this moment, she truly looked as though she believed she were the most miserable person alive.

While her body suffered and her expression was wrought with agonizing emotion, something within her seemed to have snapped. Like an out-of-body experience of sorts; she'd experienced it a few times in her life, as an unconscious self-defense mechanism against whatever crisis she was facing at the time. And in her mentally tranquil state, she gained bearing of her situation. The voices became audible, as did her own thoughts. Just from quality, she recognized the wrestler first. There were others here, but she'd only just begun to tune back into reality. Either way, she remembered, clearly, what she meant to do. Morgen managed to settle down from her thrashing temporarily in order to speak.

"The adminstratum... they had a lead, to this place... tried to play dumb, turn their intel around by implying we wanted to set up an ambush for them here..." Her voice came out weak, but was just loud enough for those around to hear. "Seems they didn't like that, suspected me of being a rebel... they're probably... chasing a different lead now, but if they are it'll only buy a little bit of time..."
    Forte or not, it seemed Kinu had a better idea of what needed doing than Arx did; so by the time the wrestler was nearly finished the girl certainly wasn't going to die... or at least the Dragon assumed it was the case. In her experience humans had a tendency to just sometimes die from seemingly minor injuries, let alone multiple.

Her opinion on the matter changed slightly, when Morgiana stirred.

"Oh. Hey, you're alive!" Then she started thrashing, and Arx actually had to physically hold her a teensy bit. Not as frail as I thought. Though desperation does lend one strength in fits and starts... "Got some fight in you yet. Knew I liked you for a reason."The girl was quick to cease her flailing about in the end, so the Dragon's grip relaxed. Just in time to her her muttered explanation.

Administratum leads. Witch.

Tch.

"Figured they'd have just nabbed you for an execution," Arx said after a moment's thought. "It's how they save face." On the heels of that, and after squinting at Morgen she added. "You'd make a good patsy." Though that was probably going to be concerning for some, assuming it was true. Administratum hunting the group here- and the Resistance- meant they'd have boots on the ground and would be turning over the Slums... but when Arx opened her mouth again there'd be no denying the anticipation in her voice.

"How... many Witches?"

Arx Inosaan

Default Morning Branch

After waking up, Jacob went to a room to wash his shirt and coat. In this room, Jacob has his dress shirt and coat off. Jacob raises his arms to stretch as he waits. Anyone else in this room can see a mark under Jacob's right arm when he has his arms raised.

(Come to think of it that man who killed my wife. He had the same mark on his body as me, It's strange the mention of a cartel makes me think of this mark under my right arm. Is there a connection between a cartel and this mark under my right arm?) Jacob thought.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 08-08-2020 at 11:41 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post

He keeps his senses open for the magical presences incoming, knowing the Administration will be by soon.

“We have to go, now. We already know our stalker is close by, we can’t afford to dally much longer.”

OT: With his experience interrogating and listening to people, and knowing the Administration and their tactics, how much does he believe Morgen’s story, Sandy?

OT: Well...she is legit beat up, mix of blunt force and cuts. So its pretty convincing on that front. If he buys it will depend on how well she sells it, reasons included.

Retired Overlord

"...I dunno, Amateur Hour," Kinu replied. A new nickname from 'Red' reflecting a plummeting level of respect. "I thought she was supposed to go home the way she asked, but it looks like that didn't happen."
    "I did bring her home.....and not soon afte I get a message from her that the administratum is gearing up for an attack. I heard over to check and she's nowhere to be found.....Maybe she tried to get back here on foot...." Ange eyed her wounds.

"En.....you got anything on this?" Ange walked over to the communicator and punched up a transmission.

"I'm getting word on movement into the slums.....north west sector. No sign of any large movements in your area." En replied. "Our escape window is closing though...no telling how long before they search this area."

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"That means we need to get moving," Xia said, announcing her presence nearby. She didn't know if she believed the story Moneybags told. She supposed her high status would have prevented the Big Bosses from simply executing her, if only to avoid a ruckus from her family. She had no reason to not believe her; yet by the same metric, she had no reason to buy it, either.

She took a few steps forward to get closer while still keepi g her distance. "Is she good to walk? If not, there may be something we can carry her in."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Owen nods.

“If she can’t move on her own, I can do so with my power without slowing us down.

He smiles kindly to Morgen.

“It will be gentle, I promise.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

This scrappy little 9er again. Ever since the Terminal she's been waiting to take a shot.

"I don't know, is there anything you can do?"

Swabbing her hand off the edge of the cut, the bleeding had slowed, but even a second's negligence saw the blood weep out again in a clean line. Kinu folded a clean edge over and resumed the pressure.

"Gonna need something cold, something else to dry it out, and something to keep the edges in" she said. "Though, we'd never hear the end of it from Rosie if we stitched her up on the face while she was KO'd. We gotta go, besides. Might be best to clamp it down and give the Princess a little wrap-up crown, yeah?"
    Selma recognized the fact the woman's words as a challenge. She'd dealt with them enough back... back home in A-9. But now wasn't the time to acknowledge it, since Morgan needed medical attention. Perhaps later, along with the mouthy people-eating lizard woman. But not now.

Yes, there is. If I had some needle and thread I could sew it her up. Unfortunately, using my Transfiguration spell won't work, since the threads wouldn't last nearly long enough, even if we ignored 'Rosie'. But you have are right about needing to go, so I doubt we have time for cauterization either. So I guess I'll have to settle for this..." Selma said, reaching out and grabbing something that hopefully wouldn't be too missed and focused on it. In a matter of moments, it transformed into a roll of gauze bandage.

"We can use this. Don't know how long it'll last since this spell of mine seems to have changed quite a bit recently. Hopefully it won't be too long a trip. Both so the bandages don't revert back and so we can give Morgen here proper treatment." Selma said.

"As for something cold..." she grabbed a small discarded cup, and with a few moments concentration, transformed it into a medicinal sponge. Setting it down, she formed a small sphere of ice magic and touched it against the sponge for several seconds before pulling it away and dispelling the ice magic. Touching it experimentally, she nodded and carefully lifted the now ice-cold sponge and offered it to Kinu.

"There you go." she said simply.

Quote Originally Posted by Melon God

"Thank you. I for one deeply appreciate your sacrifice to keeping us alive and giving us a chance to escape, even if a small one." Selma said with a nod of her head.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis