Page 67 of 79 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1171

Jacob follows the lights until he reaches the infirmary
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "To be perfectly honest, I'm happy your not saluting either...." Ange chuckled. "....looks stupid."

"In any event....if your going to stick around for awhile longer then, we'd best get you back up where the others are waiting huh.....otherwise they're gonna hit the feast later without out." Ange offered her hand. "And...we got a mystery to solve, don't we."
    Wordlessly, she followed Ange back, Sigourney's focus settling on devouring the chicken sandwich the former had tossed at her previously. Her diet had been an utter wreck since this whole thing began, which might have contributed greatly to her irritation. It was a difficult thing to realize just how sheltered she had been, even in the slums of A-9, but she was quickly learning.

There was a certain comfort in being a part of something, even as loosely based as her "alliance" with the rebel organization; a sense of belonging. Despite the comfort, there was the small feeling of dread in knowing that she had deprived herself of the only clear target of her rage and frustration. Those feelings were not going to be quelled so easily and bottling them up for very long would not bode well. Still, in times like these, it was better to scale back things to day-by-day rather than any long runs.

"So..." She began, finishing her sandwich, "Does this group have a name?"

: Seeing how this is the middle of no where and after getting two bags worth of spuds, and lights were dimming. Got the hint to go back in. Like a ninja not to be noticed. Not like he cares. Making it a note to raid paper and writing materials for his hobbies. Taking up drawing. For sake of capturing his team mates.:

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Wordlessly, she followed Ange back, Sigourney's focus settling on devouring the chicken sandwich the former had tossed at her previously. Her diet had been an utter wreck since this whole thing began, which might have contributed greatly to her irritation. It was a difficult thing to realize just how sheltered she had been, even in the slums of A-9, but she was quickly learning.

There was a certain comfort in being a part of something, even as loosely based as her "alliance" with the rebel organization; a sense of belonging. Despite the comfort, there was the small feeling of dread in knowing that she had deprived herself of the only clear target of her rage and frustration. Those feelings were not going to be quelled so easily and bottling them up for very long would not bode well. Still, in times like these, it was better to scale back things to day-by-day rather than any long runs.

Sensing Sigourney returning to the battleship/HQ, Matthias broke his connection with her. The process was so effortless he barely took his attention away from the discussion for a moment.

"It wasn't our intention....but considering you people seems to wanna know as much about what happened in A9 as we do, and you all of ya seem to have some measure of skill in something or another.....the logical leap isn't far." Mulvric nodded. "Still....its a leap non the less....and I won't blame ya if its one leap too far."
    "Of course each of us will have to consider this carefully, each on our own terms. As for me, I have no obligation towards A-9, no connection with it. I could just walk away or find another way to help that doesn't place my own life in danger."

Matthias rubbed his beard briefly thoughtfully, then made a hand flip motion with his hand, "Problem is, A-9 isn't the first to collapse and it won't be the last. The slums have a long memory and word gets around when the trouble comes." he then put his hands down casually to his sides, "I do not trust the Adminstraum to push back the Ruin should it attack A-11 or any of the other remaining cities. I certainly don't trust them to come up with a way to permanently deal with the Ruin. There is a vast world out there beyond the walls, a world that could be reclaimed, but not so long as it remains toxic."

He still hadn't given an answer, his words were more arguing the case to himself, out loud. Yet he remained undecided.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    As Mulvric described life outside of the walls adjacent to the roving bands of those slavering denizens among the mist, she nodded along slowly, eyes closed with a smug smile as if his statements were everyday, simple matters of fact. The fact remained that they were on the cusp of Wildling territory, yet they remained safe.

"A huntin' party, huh? Is that what you'd call it?" she chimed in, "They're a superstitious bunch of freaks, and 'round these parts, it goes without saying that the law of the land, that's fear."

In her experience, the only language a Wildling still knew enough to understand was a thing loosed from fine reason. Something an understanding of what was best in life:

To clutch the enemy; To see them driven below you; and to hear the lamentation filled witness. They don't understand words...but a twist and a choke, heh heh heh... For a second, her eyes glazed over and she pat her bicep.

"I've seen some before, but a different band from these parts. They cluster together, afraid of what they don't understand, or they try'n kill whatever gets 'em spooked, thinkin' it'll give 'em power. But a Wildling who's got enough still brains rattling around to haggle for their life? Now this, I gotta see."

Mulvric seemed to make a solid case, but it was largely conjecture as far as she knew.

"But like you said, an educated guess...still just a guess. We're gonna need something sure, yeah?" Kinu said.

Snapping her finger, she then pointed to Mercer.

"Roll up your sleeve, chief."
    "Whoa, wait! Why me?" Mercer raised his hands defensively. "I make bombs, the hell am I gonna do with moondust....err whatever its called..."

".....Hmm....there may be rubble that needs clearing..." Mulvric mused quietly.

"Aren't your family from A9?" En whistled. "It would be useful to have another person with at least some idea of the layout..."

"Whoa...Whoa....the skyport was one thing, I ain't getting roped into this **** again!" Mercer began backing up. "Besides....its a choice isn't it?"

"No....they're not official members, you are." En fluttered and smiled innocently. "Unless.....its mutiny?"

Mercer flushed, then exhaled with a huge sigh of annoyance. "Ugghhh......seriously...."

Arx, who was picking the gristle of an unknown 'meal' from between her teeth looked at the waifish girl and chuckled. "Group?"

Despite the amusement at the term however, the Dragon couldn't help but deny Siguorney's point. The reason why was largely irrelevant for the fact that they had been brought together; and would continue to stay together- despite the differences- simply for the fact that En and the community that had been built around her in the derelict 'corpse' that was her body... had offered to provide them food and shelter in exchange for, presumably, their continued assistance.

Something Arx was fine to give, assuming Mulvric continued to keep her feed, and more importantly... sane.

"Hrm..."

How about, "... the 'Misfits'?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Arx, who was picking the gristle of an unknown 'meal' from between her teeth looked at the waifish girl and chuckled. "Group?"

Despite the amusement at the term however, the Dragon couldn't help but deny Siguorney's point. The reason why was largely irrelevant for the fact that they had been brought together; and would continue to stay together- despite the differences- simply for the fact that En and the community that had been built around her in the derelict 'corpse' that was her body... had offered to provide them food and shelter in exchange for, presumably, their continued assistance.

Something Arx was fine to give, assuming Mulvric continued to keep her feed, and more importantly... sane.

"Hrm..."

"How boringly cliche," She muttered, "First sign of personalities clashing and it's "Misfits" or "Motley Crew", ugh..."

Realizing she had spoken those words aloud, she cleared her throat, before continuing, "Sorry, I've read too many books for that name to sit well with me."

Retired Overlord

"Well....I have it on credible sources that we USED to be called Wild Venture Expeditions." Ange chuckled as they boarded the lift for the trip up. "Actually...that was the name of Mulvrics group from way back, after they settled here though.......he changed the name to EN at some point. Happened way before I joined."

With a shudder, the lift eventually reached its destination and the two continued to chat until they reached the room where everyone was waiting.

"That being said...if you got a better idea, I'm all ears. It'll be our little secret..." Ange mused.

"Hrm..."

"Wasn't asking you, and that name is terrible." Ange groaned. "We're a respectable organization and I swear if any one of you brings up the skyport again I will literally throw you off the ship."
    Last edited by MrSandman; 08-19-2020 at 05:02 PM.

Retired Overlord

Owen pauses a moment, thinking.

“A few more questions: do you have any safety gear or equipment that would help someone survive inside even a bit longer, and is there any photograph or image or video of what the inside rooks like? Or anywhere near there?”
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Owen nods slightly, taking it all in.

“And what of my previous question?”
    "No images I'm afraid....We can't risk people going inside, even for a moment. All we can do is maintain a safe distance for now and make observations from the outside." Mulvric answered. "....at least for the moment..."

"How boringly cliche," She muttered, "First sign of personalities clashing and it's "Misfits" or "Motley Crew", ugh..."

Realizing she had spoken those words aloud, she cleared her throat, before continuing, "Sorry, I've read too many books for that name to sit well with me."
    "Heh, and the situation you're in isn't?" From what Arx had come to understand of human reading this certainly was a well-trod path. "Figured I'd at least offer though, a decent enough distraction is never unwelcome after all."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Jacob follows the lights until he reaches the infirmary
    The door to what Jacob could only surmise was the infirmary burst open just moments before he arrived, and a wave of squawking white feather and claws came flailing out in mass followed by a young woman in a lab coat screaming at the top of her lungs.

"GIT THE FUC BAC ERE YE DAMN CHICKS! IT'LL ONY NIP FER A MOMENT! GOWDS BE DAMNED YER A BUNCH'O...." The girl twisted her neck to catch Jacob standing nearby. "Oh hai lovely....avn't seen u around. Dun't be shy....ar ya lookin fer something?" The girl smiled.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"Whoa, wait! Why me?" Mercer raised his hands defensively. "I make bombs, the hell am I gonna do with moondust....err whatever its called..."

"Aren't your family from A9?" En whistled. "It would be useful to have another person with at least some idea of the layout..."

"Whoa...Whoa....the skyport was one thing, I ain't getting roped into this **** again!" Mercer began backing up. "Besides....its a choice isn't it?"

"No....they're not official members, you are." En fluttered and smiled innocently. "Unless.....its mutiny?"

Mercer flushed, then exhaled with a huge sigh of annoyance. "Ugghhh......seriously...."
    "You should be more than willing to lead by example," Xia said dryly. "Quit stalling and shoot up the super drug."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

In a flash, those sadistic teeth plastered wide across Kinu's face again as she nodded along. And as En and Mulvric slowly came around to the idea, she added another reason on top of the pile.

"Hey. You just make bombs, right. Can anybody else?"

She let the question hang in the air. She knew at least one of their recently assembled band likely could. Underselling yourself to get outta it, your boy Mercer just shot himself in the foot, fuh fuh.

"And there's at least a handful in us new recruits that aren't exactly convinced that you're not a bad actor," she grinned. Blondie, for one. Fandango made two. Bookworm, she'd already lost what good faith she was willing to spare. Kinu hooked them in. Now all she had to do...

"Funny, you keep bringing up the Skyport. Who else watched you drop the switch?"

...was set the Pinfall.

"Way I see it."

...1! ....2!

"The way things stack up, you have nothing to lose!"

The sudden turn to an undercurrent of aggression made Matthias step forward, "Whoa, now. There is no reason to get aggressive about this. If you give them a chance, I'm sure our hosts will find a way to prove the safety of this vaccine they developed."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Retired Overlord

"Lets settle down.....actually we still have to get some food in your all. No point in taking medicine on an empty stomach." Mulvric mused with a smile.

"Yeah, It'll take awhile to prepare anyways.....in the meantime, since your our guests......would anyone care for the civilian level tour of the Enterprise?" En offered. "We also need to get the young lady there to the infirmary for a checkup before lunch. What do you say?"