Page 74 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2464707172737475767778 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1171

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    A familiar voice caught her attention and completely fucked with her rhythm. Damn it. She veered to the side and pressed herself against the wall.

A quick glance revealed that it was Money Bags who wanted in on the action. To be honest, the kid looked like her ribs would snap in half if a breeze hit her. A scrawny shrimp of a woman, she would only get in Xia's way. All common sense pointed to her telling her to **** off and find a bed to sleep in.

"Knock yourself out." She pointed her sword in the gun thing's direction. "There's a gun thing over there that disappears random and shoots. Don't get hit." She couldn't tell her anything other than that. She supposed that despite her better judgment, Money Bags needed to learn how to fight while injured. Besides, she looked like she had some stress to relieve. It must have been so hard not being waited on hand and foot by indentured servants who had nothing better to do than to see to her every whim. Xia would be stressed too, if she had to make her own sandwiches and pour her own water.

Oh, and the concussion probably had something to do with it.
    Morgen raised her unbound hand and at once, a dense cloud of rose petals shrouded her as though suspended in a vacuum. With a swift motion, they scattered -- two waves swirled around the sides of the room, sticking together and changing shape into dozens of spinning blades that rapidly launched themselves at the gun's location from multiple angles. Three of the weapons, the ones most likely to hit their mark, transformed from rose to gold mid-flight and struck something hard; either the training device, or the floor.

"The gun? Oh, no. I was much rather hoping I could train against another person, actually," she said, keeping her eye on the target to observe the results. "But you may have to go a little easy on me."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

OT:

Bit behind.

Where is everyone right now?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    OT:

Bit behind.

Arx is bedding down in the explosive ordinance room.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

OT:

Bit behind.

OT: Xia and Morgen are in the P̶i̶t̶ combat room
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

OT:

Bit behind.

OT: Matt is walking through the ship, heading towards Mulvric's library after talking to Kinu and Mulvaric in the Kitchen/Food Prep area.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

OT: Jacob and his spirit animal Rhea are still in The Hospital wing that Morgen, but they will be heading to the library.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Levi offered to help cook with Kinu.

As for Morgan, are powers dampened there? Thought that’s the case across the ship.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Levi offered to help cook with Kinu.

As for Morgan, are powers dampened there? Thought that’s the case across the ship.
    OOC: The training room is an exception to the power dampening.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Matthias had then decided that he had told her enough, and perhaps that she had told him too much. "I will let you go back to your cooking. If you like, we can finish this conversation after dinner."

With that, he turned and headed out, making his way to Mulvric's library. As he walked he considered what she had said, mulling it over, unsure what to make of it.
    Still sniffing at the spice jars, Kinu curled her nose. The fine, orange powder she'd supposed the head chef chose to prepare his roast with was pungent and biting. Ech, that ain't gonna be useful for nothin'

"Hmm?" She never stopped prep, really. Whatever the case, the Saint wanted out after they'd exchanged stories of the vagabond wildmen...for some reasaon she couldn't fathom. "...uh, okay."

She supposed she might not get an answer from the guy who seemed rather fond of keeping that mysterious air. At this point, all they had were the stories, anyway...and the frost-split ends of fur that collared her hanging coat.

Cranking the dial on the oven and a stovetop element, Kinu continued sorting out the myriad of spices before her, sneaking a peek behind her every so often as she poked around them, staring at the blanched birds in the deep casserole dish. ...guess there's only one real way to figure this one out...

Fishing out a handful of skewers, she screwed on handfuls of organ meat, then sprinkled bits of spice over them and hung them over the element, like roasting them over a campfire, and tasted one spice after the other with a myriad of twisting expressions. For a buncha people outta the walls, they must have blunted tastebuds, ech. After going through - and burning - enough spice on her giblet taste-test that smelled like the worst masala, she dragged her arm across the counter, sweeping aside everything but four things.

Salt. Pepper. Garlic cloves. Red chilis. She rubbed the first two into the skin of the boneless birds, and prepped the rest for the blood, which at this point had hard-boiled to a solid, rusty coloured block that she swiftly sawed into rough cubes.

What she needed to give it the perfect finish...was a little bit of heat.

During all this time noting the kitchen action mostly, the smell of chicken blood was of no bother as he spoke.

“ Could help cook, clean or whatever.” He did his own home cooked meals, reading over everything.
    Sliding the five chickens onto the heating rack, Kinu closed the door cautiously as she crouched before the oven door.

What a novelty, to be able to slow roast something...and lock it behind this metal door where nothing else could pick at it!

All the same, given the Ghost of the Boat was everywhere, Kinu crouched before the glass, peering on the inside to make sure there wasn't some sort of whisp or salamander or something trying to get a nibble as the meat stewed and crisped in its own rendered juices.

"Well if it isn't Fandango."

Her eyes never left the over, but her sniffing was audible where she perched there on the ground.

"...smells like dirt...and roots. When did you find time to do gardening?"

“ When karate bitch and dragon veiled me for my actions, I left the tour for gardening duty. They have a potato farm, had to come I side. It was getting dark, Wild men come in the darkness. So I raged back I to the group and here I am. And yeah I dropped off three bags of potatoes.”

Quote Originally Posted by Melon God View Post
    Morgen raised her unbound hand and at once, a dense cloud of rose petals shrouded her as though suspended in a vacuum. With a swift motion, they scattered -- two waves swirled around the sides of the room, sticking together and changing shape into dozens of spinning blades that rapidly launched themselves at the gun's location from multiple angles. Three of the weapons, the ones most likely to hit their mark, transformed from rose to gold mid-flight and struck something hard; either the training device, or the floor.

"The gun? Oh, no. I was much rather hoping I could train against another person, actually," she said, keeping her eye on the target to observe the results. "But you may have to go a little easy on me."
    A cloud of flower pedals appeared out of nowhere with a mere raise of Morgen's hand and spread to every corner of the room. Xia's brow furrowed, silently expressing both confusion and slight annoyance at the trivial end her training exercise came to. She had never seen someone weaponize flowers before, but that was apparently a thing that was possible to do. More so than the training exercise probably coming to an abrupt end, Xia was surprised by what Morgen suggested.

Namely that they have a sparring session.

Slowly as the haze of confusion lifted, she felt her eyebrows raise. "That is a suggestion," she said. She sheathed her sword and moved to turn the simulation off. "Just so we're clear, you do realize what you're asking, right? And that there's a chance you could get hurt even worse than you already are?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

“ When karate bitch and dragon veiled me for my actions, I left the tour for gardening duty. They have a potato farm, had to come I side. It was getting dark, Wild men come in the darkness. So I raged back I to the group and here I am. And yeah I dropped off three bags of potatoes.”
    "Must've missed the briefing, then. Mulvric here assures us that we'll be pretty safe as long as we're in the village bounds, isn't that right?"

Crouched on the floor before the oven, her hands and eyes were childishly plastered against the glass, watching the meat inside slowly roasting to crisp in its own rendered drippings.

On the stove a giant pot bubbled with the bones of five chickens into clear stock, and as Kinu - finally content that the birds were, indeed, not going anywhere - returned to the counter, she put her attention into cutting the blood cube into a rough dice. Tak-tak-tak.

"..though if the wildmen did wanna try to get some...fuh-fuh-fuh...I wouldn't blame 'em. Not like there's much better of a place to be right now."

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Matthias had then decided that he had told her enough, and perhaps that she had told him too much. "I will let you go back to your cooking. If you like, we can finish this conversation after dinner."

With that, he turned and headed out, making his way to Mulvric's library. As he walked he considered what she had said, mulling it over, unsure what to make of it.
    As he walked in the direction Mulvaric gave him, Matthias passed by a room with the door slightly ajar. Pausing, he then went to the room and looked inside, opening the door slightly to see what was inside. With the dampers on, he couldn't fully trust himself to know if anyone was in there or not, yet he was curious enough to take a chance.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    A cloud of flower pedals appeared out of nowhere with a mere raise of Morgen's hand and spread to every corner of the room. Xia's brow furrowed, silently expressing both confusion and slight annoyance at the trivial end her training exercise came to. She had never seen someone weaponize flowers before, but that was apparently a thing that was possible to do. More so than the training exercise probably coming to an abrupt end, Xia was surprised by what Morgen suggested.

Namely that they have a sparring session.

Slowly as the haze of confusion lifted, she felt her eyebrows raise. "That is a suggestion," she said. She sheathed her sword and moved to turn the simulation off. "Just so we're clear, you do realize what you're asking, right? And that there's a chance you could get hurt even worse than you already are?"
    The weapons dissolved back into petals, floating harmlessly to the ground as the simulation was deactivated.

Morgen glamorously flicked her hair with her good hand and did an annoying little smirk that made her punched-in face look even more punchable. "What can I say? I need to let off some steam, too. All this sulking around is doing a bigger number on me than a bit of rough-housing will." Opening her eyes, she pointed to Xia with some unfounded confidence and said, "I'm still quite angry at you, by the way; I've learned a lesson or two in the few days since I've been roped into this mayhem, but I believe you still need to learn yours." The young woman took casual strides toward the opposite end of the room as she spoke, maintaining her gaze -- now, a little more serious than cocky.

"So. How about it?"

Quote Originally Posted by Melon God View Post
    The weapons dissolved back into petals, floating harmlessly to the ground as the simulation was deactivated.

Morgen glamorously flicked her hair with her good hand and did an annoying little smirk that made her punched-in face look even more punchable. "What can I say? I need to let off some steam, too. All this sulking around is doing a bigger number on me than a bit of rough-housing will." Opening her eyes, she pointed to Xia with some unfounded confidence and said, "I'm still quite angry at you, by the way; I've learned a lesson or two in the few days since I've been roped into this mayhem, but I believe you still need to learn yours." The young woman took casual strides toward the opposite end of the room as she spoke, maintaining her gaze -- now, a little more serious than cocky.

"So. How about it?"
    Somehow, through some miracle blown directly out of some unknown deity's *******, Money Bag still had her head planted firmly up next to her colon. Getting her ass kicked by... someone and having to be stitched together with duct tape and tinfoil did nothing to deflate her ego.

Fine.

Xia's fists would have to pick up where the ass-kicker left off. Sadly, the girl was still injured - and almost certain suffering the effects of a concussion - so she would have to take it slow. Very, very slow. But, she was going to take it as hard as she could without hurting the girl. Luckily she didn't have to go too hard to teach this spoiled brat a lesson.

DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!