Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Unresolved FF plots

What (or who) in the FF do you consider unresolved?

Name a person, place, “Thing”, or storyline that was just left dangling...

Here’s a few I can think of..

Aron the Watcher’s FF clones
    Lazerfist (Suarez)
    Goodfire, Lumen, Smash
    Four Freedoms Plaza image (two buildings and FF statues)
    Sharon Ventura
    Kristoff Vernard
    Alexander Flynn

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post

Lazerfist (Suarez)
    Goodfire, Lumen, Smash
    Sharon Ventura
    Kristoff Vernard
    Alexander Flynn
    I don't know if you could consider Alexander Flynn an unresolved Fantastic Four plot. His ties are with Doom and his allegations that he is Doom's son. He has pretty much been forgotten since The Beauty and the Beast mini series. I looked up his only other appearance in New Mutants but that turned out to be a fake...a holographic image.

I agree with you that Sharon Ventura's status is unresolved. Her last appearance was when we saw her in prison during James Robinson's run on the Fantastic Four. She really needs a resolution to her story and I'd rather she not be a She-Thing any more. Kristoff needs to make a return to the MU also. He's not been seen since Hickman's New Avengers. I think Cantwell hinted on Twitter that he would be seen in his Doctor Doom series but who knows if that will happen.

There is another unresolved FF plot .....who or what was the Iconoclast? He was only seen in Scott Lobdell's brief Fantastic Four run and a face in the crowd scene in Fantastic Four: Foes #1 ( I forgot the Robert Kirkman wrote this mini series)
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-04-2020 at 09:17 PM.

Sharon was at the start of the Slott run.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Iconoclast and whatever Sue does that makes him target her.
    And Sue's ties to hyperspace and what it means.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Wasn't she-thing with the all ff members story?

Lazerfist (Suarez)
    Yeah strange how they spent issues setting him up clearly as a new hero then when he shows up asking the ff for help as it was their fault he got the powers to start with and helped him in a fight they told him they were busy and pretty much kicked him out and we never saw him again!

He didn't even get a hero costume yet before they booted him out of the book!

[IMG][/IMG]

Extraordinary Member

Lazerfist (Suarez)
    Goodfire, Lumen, Smash
    Sharon Ventura
    Kristoff Vernard
    Alexander Flynn
    My head canon has always been that Aron’s clones are the ones that ended up being Fantastic Four 2099.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Sharon was at the start of the Slott run.
    She was? I sure don't remember her appearing. Just thumbed through the first 8 or 9 issues ande I don't see her. I checked around for other appearances his of hers and the most recent one I found was back in 2016, Captain America: Sam Wilson #15 But even that page looks suspect since the guy climbing into the ring in the next panel looks like he's in a Thing suit. That could be just some female wrestler using Sharon's old costume.

But I want her to go back to this and not be a She Thing any more

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    My head canon has always been that Aron’s clones are the ones that ended up being Fantastic Four 2099.
    That could work but they were Uatu's clones weren't they? At least that's what I recall reading in the wind up issue called 2099 Manifest Destiny. I should dig that up someday. I have that packed away somewhere

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    She was? I sure don't remember her appearing. Just thumbed through the first 8 or 9 issues ande I don't see her. I checked around for other appearances his of hers and the most recent one I found was back in 2016, Captain America: Sam Wilson #15 But even that page looks suspect since the guy climbing into the ring in the next panel looks like he's in a Thing suit. That could be just some female wrestler using Sharon's old costume.

But I want her to go back to this and not be a She Thing any more

Remember in the first three issues when everyone that was ever a F4 member was teleported there (Plus Iceman).......that’s when Sharon appeared.

She seems to go back and forth between the Thing and Mrs. Marvel II forms without much explanation these days. Plus there was a time when she was an even uglier creature that also was never really resolved.

Maybe put Ewing on it. He's kind of good at tie-ing together certain weird continuity, like the Leader's many deaths and ressurections in the last IH issue.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

The one in SamCap is another wrestler. Brevoort said so on Twitter years ago.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

She appeared in the latest volume’s first story arc. However it was basically just a cameo appearance.

Nothing explained. Nothing resolved.

Why did she end up in jail? Is she still in the Frightful Four? Is she of sound mind ? How did she go from the grotesque thing back to regular She-Thing? How did she end up in 50 State Initiative? How was she abducted by Skrulls ? Does Doom hold the key to turning her human?

She appeared in the latest volume’s first story arc. However it was basically just a cameo appearance.

Why did she end up in jail? Is she still in the Frightful Four? Is she of sound mind ? How did she go from the grotesque thing back to regular She-Thing? How did she end up in 50 State Initiative? How was she abducted by Skrulls ? Does Doom hold the key to turning her human?
    He probably could if her bothered to remember her. It was just a simple potion in a bottle that mutated her. She has been so neglected. When she was mutated that second time, Reed just put her in a statis chamber and then forgot bout finding a cure. The Frightful Four came along and broke here out as I recall. She was part of them for a while when they tangled with the Fantastic Four lead by Reed trapped in Doom's armor. At the end of that fight, Wyatt Wingfoot offered her a place to say with his people. Then she was again MIA until she was in a mini series with Sue. She was inexplicably back in her She Thing form and not the extremely mutated one.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    She seems to go back and forth between the Thing and Mrs. Marvel II forms without much explanation these days. Plus there was a time when she was an even uglier creature that also was never really resolved.

Maybe put Ewing on it. He's kind of good at tie-ing together certain weird continuity, like the Leader's many deaths and ressurections in the last IH issue.
    She sure needs someone's attention and your suggestion that Ewing take care of her is a good one.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-05-2020 at 03:48 PM.

He probably could if her bothered to remember her. It was just a simple potion in a bottle that mutated her. She has been so neglected. When she was mutated that second time, Reed just put her in a statis chamber and then forgot bout finding a cure.

Reed doesn't care. Sandman has been mind controlled by wizards machine for what 20 years and reed has the cure in his closet and has cured that machine three times (thing and spider-man were cured) but don't give a crap to cure sandman.

Astonishing Member

Well, not all of those are truly unanswered questions in need of resolution.

Why she was in jail was addressed on-panel in Robinson's run. She was involved with smuggling Mutant Growth Hormone with the Unlimited Class Wrestling Federation's corrupt new management; she got caught and brought in by Red Wolf.

The last Frightful Four she was with was a temporary roster who came together to actually help the FF at the end of Robinson's run. Given that the various members have all turned up separately since then, no, that roster is not still together.

How she wound up in the 50 State Initiative and how she got abducted by the Skrulls aren't really unresolved issues, since most of the 50 States team members joined/were recruited off-panel, just as most of the Skrull victims were abducted and replaced off-panel. Sure, we could see a flashback addressing those things at some point, but its not really a question that needs explaining.

As for Shary's physical form--when Doom (or rather, his agent) mutated her back into a monster, that process was unstable and her form kept changing--every time she turned up she looked different again. Its entirely possible that ending up back in "Thing" form is the end result of that unstable mutation (either by design, or perhaps since her body had been a Thing once already that affected how the mutation affected her). It might be just that simple. That issue could do with some more explanation, yes.

Her mental state is definitely an open question. She seems to have regained most or all of her intellect (which was initially fading back in the DeFalco run) but she is still carrying around a LOT of anger and resentment. How much of that is legitimate anger at everything she's been through and how much of it is a result of the effect Doom's mutagen had on her mind remains an open question.

One period of Shary's 'lost years' I would like to learn more about is her time with Wyatt Wingfoot. He was helping her heal emotionally at one point, after he convinced her to quit the Frightful Four--but what happened after that isn't entirely clear. It was implied that the two of them may have been involved for a while though, off-panel.

Too bad Shary isn't being called in for the temporary FF in the "Empyre" tie-in issues rather than Spidey and Wolverine. Sure, they're the bigger names--but Shary needs the panel time (and is far more a member of the family than Logan has ever been).