Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Well, not all of those are truly unanswered questions in need of resolution.

Why she was in jail was addressed on-panel in Robinson's run. She was involved with smuggling Mutant Growth Hormone with the Unlimited Class Wrestling Federation's corrupt new management; she got caught and brought in by Red Wolf.

The last Frightful Four she was with was a temporary roster who came together to actually help the FF at the end of Robinson's run. Given that the various members have all turned up separately since then, no, that roster is not still together.

How she wound up in the 50 State Initiative and how she got abducted by the Skrulls aren't really unresolved issues, since most of the 50 States team members joined/were recruited off-panel, just as most of the Skrull victims were abducted and replaced off-panel. Sure, we could see a flashback addressing those things at some point, but its not really a question that needs explaining.

As for Shary's physical form--when Doom (or rather, his agent) mutated her back into a monster, that process was unstable and her form kept changing--every time she turned up she looked different again. Its entirely possible that ending up back in "Thing" form is the end result of that unstable mutation (either by design, or perhaps since her body had been a Thing once already that affected how the mutation affected her). It might be just that simple. That issue could do with some more explanation, yes.

Her mental state is definitely an open question. She seems to have regained most or all of her intellect (which was initially fading back in the DeFalco run) but she is still carrying around a LOT of anger and resentment. How much of that is legitimate anger at everything she's been through and how much of it is a result of the effect Doom's mutagen had on her mind remains an open question.

One period of Shary's 'lost years' I would like to learn more about is her time with Wyatt Wingfoot. He was helping her heal emotionally at one point, after he convinced her to quit the Frightful Four--but what happened after that isn't entirely clear. It was implied that the two of them may have been involved for a while though, off-panel.

Too bad Shary isn't being called in for the temporary FF in the "Empyre" tie-in issues rather than Spidey and Wolverine. Sure, they're the bigger names--but Shary needs the panel time (and is far more a member of the family than Logan has ever been).
    I agree. These random on panel appearances is all she gets these days, if that. I never liked the fan service inclusion of Spidey And Wolverine that much, esp since Logan once slashed up Ben's face pretty good that time. Spidey, that I can accept on his own merits and long standing relationship with the FF.

I think there is a big gap between Sharon living with the Keewazi people where Wyatt was going to help her recover and when she was kidnapped off panel by the Skrulls and replace. I had forgotten about that. She was seen in a recovery/therapy group session led by Alicia after the Skrulls were defeated. Again, just an on panel appearance with no dialogue. If you blink, you miss it.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-06-2020 at 10:42 AM.

She was the longest serving substitute member. No recognition is ever given to that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    She was the longest serving substitute member. No recognition is ever given to that.
    Surprised she was never used in Future Foundation. You’d think they’d use an available adult F4 associate like her.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    True! People always tend to assume it was She-Hulk, but Shary had her beat by about 10 issues.

Of course, if you add up the total from She-Hulk's multiple stints as a sub FF member she'd take the crown...but Shary has the longest continuous stint as an FF substitute member. As you said, she rarely gets recognition for that distinction.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    But I want her to go back to this and not be a She Thing any more

To the utmost, I agree. In fact, I'd love it if she could go all the way back to when she first became...

Ms. Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    To the utmost, I agree. In fact, I'd love it if she could go all the way back to when she first became...

Ms. Marvel

I love that cover/pic of Sharry!

Extraordinary Member

Is Kristoff Venard Reed’s half-brother? Is Huntara Reed’s half-sister?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Ha! I was just about to post about Huntara.

She is another unresolved plot. Is she really a Richards? Or is she that long lost sister to Paul Alvarez? It seems that DeFalco was trying to introduce Latino characters into the book with both Huntara and Lazerfist. Too bad neither took off.

71B6FC3F-2951-4207-AE2D-2BA35F8646F2.jpg

Spidey, that I can accept on his own merits and long standing relationship with the FF.
    Spidey was torch's friend and hung out at the baxter building as a teen. (well after they stop stopped fighting with each other) So spidey i'm sure grew up going there hanging with the torch. So he is like the best friend who hangs out at your families house and is almost like a unofficial family member. Of course some writers forget that and write spidey as a stranger there.

As for ms marvel just give her the power to change from human form to she-thing anytime she wants to.

And yes she was with the team for a long time even after reed and sue returned she was still with the fantastic four.

Ha! I was just about to post about Huntara.

She is another unresolved plot. Is she really a Richards? Or is she that long lost sister to Paul Alvarez? It seems that DeFalco was trying to introduce Latino characters into the book with both Huntara and Lazerfist. Too bad neither took off.
    When was the last time they used her? Also what about the other members of fantastic force? Have they been used in anything?

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Gaastra; 07-06-2020 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    When was the last time they used her? Also what about the other members of fantastic force? Have they been used in anything?

[IMG][/IMG]

The last “mention” of Huntara was as a Potential Initiative Recruit - “ Civil War Battle Damage Report Vol 1 1”

She hasn’t been in-story since the days of Fantastic Force.

Vibraxas was a regular in Black Panther Vol. 3

Devlor was one of the many applicants for nanny to Luke Cage and Jessica Jones' daughter, Danielle Cage - New Avengers Vol 2 7

I wonder if Huntara was inspired by She-Ra as the look is somewhat similar and there is a Huntara in that universe also.
    Last edited by danielsan52; 07-06-2020 at 06:35 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Was Doom 2099 the main 616 Doom?

From when did he come from?

Astonishing Member

This one is so minor (and so old) that it is unlikely anyone will ever address it...but what was it about Project P.E.G.A.S.U.S.'s Dr. DeVere that creeped out Crystal so badly back in FF #313? None of the other FF members seemed to have any concerns about him, but Crystal is deeply uncomfortable the entire time they are in his presence. The editor's note indicated that there is more story of Dr. DeVere to be told at a later date....but the character has never turned up again.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Kristoff Vernard and Reed aren't related. More to the point would be is Reed related to Kang? That's always been pretty murky and Kang doesn't seem to be sure about it. It was recently brought up in the Doctor Doom series.

IIRC The confusion began back in Byrne's run when we saw the widowed Nathaniel Richards had traveled to the future and was living there with a new wife named Cassandra. They had a child and I don't know if it the dots were officially connected to Kang. The child's name was not given in this story.

When Nathaniel was seen later in Tom DeFalco's Fantastic Four he starts to drop some hints to Sue about Reed having a brother. He tells a story about some time travel campaign ending badly and he managed to return to Earth where he was found by a Roma woman who used her healing skills to help in recover. Some took that to mean that the woman was Cynthia Von Doom and that Reed was Doom's half brother but that was tossed out. Reed's mother was Evelyn Richards. I don't think that the relationship with Kristoff was ever made canon. At one point towards the end of DeFalco's run Nathaniel tells Sue that he had mislead her all this time while Reed was assumed to have died in FF #381.

Even more confusing is that the Nathaniel that showed up in these issues had this eye piece that he wore. It was not clear why. Did he lose an eye iin some battle in the time stream? Then much later in Hickman's run Nathaniel Richards returns and he is looks much different, like a younger version of Nathaniel than we saw in Byrne's story and later in the DeFalco FF. This is when the Immortus's Great Hunt begins and all the Multiverse Nathaniels must fight each other to the death. At one point, there is a scene with a Nathaniel with the eye piece seen in DeFalco's run is killed by the most aggressive of the Nathaniels, who is called the Beast IIRC. IMO this was Hickman's way of clearing up the confusing history of Nathaniel and that the one appearing in DeFalco's run was not Reed's true father and came from some other version of Earth.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-10-2021 at 10:10 AM.

Ben did a confessional that he had sabotaged Dooms experiment back in college. Has that thread ever been picked up?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    Ben did a confessional that he had sabotaged Dooms experiment back in college. Has that thread ever been picked up?
    Now that is hilarious.

Writers could retcon it that the reason Ben is never permanently changed back into human is because he feels guilty for creating evil Dr Doom.