Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Well, not all of those are truly unanswered questions in need of resolution.

Why she was in jail was addressed on-panel in Robinson's run. She was involved with smuggling Mutant Growth Hormone with the Unlimited Class Wrestling Federation's corrupt new management; she got caught and brought in by Red Wolf.

The last Frightful Four she was with was a temporary roster who came together to actually help the FF at the end of Robinson's run. Given that the various members have all turned up separately since then, no, that roster is not still together.

How she wound up in the 50 State Initiative and how she got abducted by the Skrulls aren't really unresolved issues, since most of the 50 States team members joined/were recruited off-panel, just as most of the Skrull victims were abducted and replaced off-panel. Sure, we could see a flashback addressing those things at some point, but its not really a question that needs explaining.

As for Shary's physical form--when Doom (or rather, his agent) mutated her back into a monster, that process was unstable and her form kept changing--every time she turned up she looked different again. Its entirely possible that ending up back in "Thing" form is the end result of that unstable mutation (either by design, or perhaps since her body had been a Thing once already that affected how the mutation affected her). It might be just that simple. That issue could do with some more explanation, yes.

Her mental state is definitely an open question. She seems to have regained most or all of her intellect (which was initially fading back in the DeFalco run) but she is still carrying around a LOT of anger and resentment. How much of that is legitimate anger at everything she's been through and how much of it is a result of the effect Doom's mutagen had on her mind remains an open question.

One period of Shary's 'lost years' I would like to learn more about is her time with Wyatt Wingfoot. He was helping her heal emotionally at one point, after he convinced her to quit the Frightful Four--but what happened after that isn't entirely clear. It was implied that the two of them may have been involved for a while though, off-panel.

Too bad Shary isn't being called in for the temporary FF in the "Empyre" tie-in issues rather than Spidey and Wolverine. Sure, they're the bigger names--but Shary needs the panel time (and is far more a member of the family than Logan has ever been).
    I agree. These random on panel appearances is all she gets these days, if that. I never liked the fan service inclusion of Spidey And Wolverine that much, esp since Logan once slashed up Ben's face pretty good that time. Spidey, that I can accept on his own merits and long standing relationship with the FF.

I think there is a big gap between Sharon living with the Keewazi people where Wyatt was going to help her recover and when she was kidnapped off panel by the Skrulls and replace. I had forgotten about that. She was seen in a recovery/therapy group session led by Alicia after the Skrulls were defeated. Again, just an on panel appearance with no dialogue. If you blink, you miss it.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-06-2020 at 10:42 AM.