Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I did not care for that "revelation" from Ben in Fraction's Fantastic Four. I just feel like they are muddying the waters up too much with the events around Doom's college experiment. I was fine with the one where it showed that he was successful in contacting the netherworld but the demon he encountered clawed up his face for his transgression. I think it was first hinted at in PAD's Reed Richards: Before the Fore and then Brubaker expanded on it in Books of Doom. Props to him for tieing in the PAD story.

I'm still waiting for someone to say what Sue has a PhD in...
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Modeling???

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Modeling???
    No, Mothering.

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

I feel like I'm one of the only people who would have loved to see Byrne's scrapped Invisible Woman mini. We learn her powers come from some other place hyperspace or sphere or plane or whatever. She begins to resonate at another level and falls into another universe. Through 12 issues she takes on a sort of Red Sonja persona. I realize it no longer works in current climate but it would have been fun.

Claremonts entire run to me seems like wasted potential never lived up to. It was full of WAIT WHAT? AND WHOSETHAT? Dont get me wrong hes my top five on the book, but I felt a lot was rushed since he left.

Iconoclast has been mentioned. I mean come on, a new alien being comes back to kill the future mass murderer Sue Storm and we see nothing about that again...ever.

Yes, I'll bring it up. The whole Val, Sue, Doom, Reed thing. I know they pigeon holed the whole thing into the Abraxas nonsense, but I'd have liked to see what Claremont REALLY intended with Val and her future. I know everyone will say it was Reed in dooms armor. But that Val is actually distinct from the one first glimpsed in like FF #11. There is a different Val, Frank and Sue. Its listed as a different universe than our Vals.

Hitch, Hickman and others have shown a non-creepy Sue-Doom future. Where there legit in a non-mind control relationship (sort of).

I wouldnt mind exploring sue with other people (in different futures that is, not 616).

For that matter, Abraxas. Shows up. Gone. We see alternate timelines. I'd love the Sue remains malice timeline explored.

And what about Abraxas all together. In a silver surfer mini when Galactus dies, he says he held back something terrible.

Then we get Abraxas. Boo. That isnt what the original idea was. I'm certain of it.

And Calcedonia? Gone. She was cool

Modeling???
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    No, Mothering.

Now that is hilarious.

Writers could retcon it that the reason Ben is never permanently changed back into human is because he feels guilty for creating evil Dr Doom.
    Assuming Reed does not know he did it. Can you see Doom and Reed "we could have been friends instead of fighting"

Also there is was a hidden secret from the watchers that Johnny unintentionally screws up one Of Reed's cure attempts. IT is written like that was the one the would have absolutely worked.

Now all we need to find out is that Doom screwed with the shielding of the ship trying to kill Reed and instead made the FF.

Their whole world is screwed up experiemnts.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    saying Oh Reed?

I think you need to lower your expectations lets get her a Masters.

I wish Sue still made that face.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by danielsan52; 07-08-2020 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    saying Oh Reed?

I think you need to lower your expectations lets get her a Masters.
    I'd be satisfied with her getting a Masters, just give her something interesting to do is all I ask.

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    Assuming Reed does not know he did it. Can you see Doom and Reed "we could have been friends instead of fighting"

Also there is was a hidden secret from the watchers that Johnny unintentionally screws up one Of Reed's cure attempts. IT is written like that was the one the would have absolutely worked.

Now all we need to find out is that Doom screwed with the shielding of the ship trying to kill Reed and instead made the FF.

Their whole world is screwed up experiemnts.
    Ben did confess to Reed about it in that story, which was not a very good one by Fraction IMO.

Reed comes off as dismissive about what happened, as if Victor was already deranged when they met in college. But then Reed has always been dismissive of magic even though he's worked with Doctor Strange in the past. In that recap by Reed he talks as if it is a crazy idea to communicate with the dead. Reed apparently forgot about how they went to go retrieve Ben in "Hereafter" when he dies at the end Waid's Authoritative Action arc in his Fantastic Four run.

Whatever happened to the Stealth Hawk? I loved that bird!

Puppy? Glad it is gone, but .... where is it?
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Whatever happened to the Stealth Hawk? I loved that bird!

Puppy? Glad it is gone, but .... where is it?
    I figured Puppy was perhaps an offspring of Lockjaw and that the Inhumans had their own breed of dogs. There was also that story by John Byrne that showed that Lockjaw was an Inhuman and was really the result of the Terrigan Mists. But later it was retconned into a joke.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 05-11-2021 at 09:21 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I figured Puppy was perhaps an offspring of Lockjaw and that the Inhumans had their own breed of dogs. There was also that story by John Bryne that showed that Lockjaw was an Inhuman was really the result of the Terrigan Mists. But later it was retconned into a joke.
    Yes Lockjaw is the father according to Tom Brevoort https://brevoortformspring.tumblr.co...ber-puppy-that

Extraordinary Member

Wizard's daughter Cole Whitman...did Wizard 'fix' her powers?