Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post
    I feel like I'm one of the only people who would have loved to see Byrne's scrapped Invisible Woman mini. We learn her powers come from some other place hyperspace or sphere or plane or whatever. She begins to resonate at another level and falls into another universe. Through 12 issues she takes on a sort of Red Sonja persona. I realize it no longer works in current climate but it would have been fun.

Claremonts entire run to me seems like wasted potential never lived up to. It was full of WAIT WHAT? AND WHOSETHAT? Dont get me wrong hes my top five on the book, but I felt a lot was rushed since he left.

Iconoclast has been mentioned. I mean come on, a new alien being comes back to kill the future mass murderer Sue Storm and we see nothing about that again...ever.

Yes, I'll bring it up. The whole Val, Sue, Doom, Reed thing. I know they pigeon holed the whole thing into the Abraxas nonsense, but I'd have liked to see what Claremont REALLY intended with Val and her future. I know everyone will say it was Reed in dooms armor. But that Val is actually distinct from the one first glimpsed in like FF #11. There is a different Val, Frank and Sue. Its listed as a different universe than our Vals.

Hitch, Hickman and others have shown a non-creepy Sue-Doom future. Where there legit in a non-mind control relationship (sort of).

I wouldnt mind exploring sue with other people (in different futures that is, not 616).

For that matter, Abraxas. Shows up. Gone. We see alternate timelines. I'd love the Sue remains malice timeline explored.

And what about Abraxas all together. In a silver surfer mini when Galactus dies, he says he held back something terrible.

Then we get Abraxas. Boo. That isnt what the original idea was. I'm certain of it.

And Calcedonia? Gone. She was cool
    On Caldonia, that was another alternate universe, where teen Valeria came from when she was a von Doom. Then that snapped shut when Reed used the Ultimate Nullifier, and Val was gone - not altogether, but as a baby in Sues womb now.

Something happened there, that was like wishful thinking by Reed holding the ULtimate Nullifier, and later, when Doom helped with Vals birth. You get the impression on some level Reed wanted to make a family link to Doom by making Val Dooms relative. None of that was explained, but it is my contention that whole incident led to Doom being part of the the FF today. You can’t avoid it. The way Doom insinuated into the FF after Secret Wars 2015, is the reconciliation of Reed and Victor through Val. The Val that was a von Doom, (and also how Doom made Sue and Val his family in SW2015). None of that is coincidental, to my mind.

The identity of Hyperstorm. It has since been revealed he is the son of Franklin and Racheal. But when was his back story revealed.

Extraordinary Member

Maybe I missed something...but is Frances Hyatt from the Heralds limited series supposed to be Frankie Raye reincarnated?

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    On Caldonia, that was another alternate universe, where teen Valeria came from when she was a von Doom. Then that snapped shut when Reed used the Ultimate Nullifier, and Val was gone - not altogether, but as a baby in Sues womb now.

Something happened there, that was like wishful thinking by Reed holding the ULtimate Nullifier, and later, when Doom helped with Vals birth. You get the impression on some level Reed wanted to make a family link to Doom by making Val Dooms relative. None of that was explained, but it is my contention that whole incident led to Doom being part of the the FF today. You can’t avoid it. The way Doom insinuated into the FF after Secret Wars 2015, is the reconciliation of Reed and Victor through Val. The Val that was a von Doom, (and also how Doom made Sue and Val his family in SW2015). None of that is coincidental, to my mind.
    Connecting Doom to Reed by blood does seem like overkill of the family motif. As much as we see Nathaniel Richards, Doom, Kang, etc. all warping back and forth through spacetime to set up possible links, We forget how Ben is linked to the rest of the team and considered family despite absolutely no worrying about how ancestry links them. Victor Von Doom is pretty much part of the family. If sixty years and hundreds of stories haven't linked Reed and Vic, alternate timeline shuffling adds only confusion.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Maybe I missed something...but is Frances Hyatt from the Heralds limited series supposed to be Frankie Raye reincarnated?
    Good question. That mini confused the hell out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Connecting Doom to Reed by blood does seem like overkill of the family motif. As much as we see Nathaniel Richards, Doom, Kang, etc. all warping back and forth through spacetime to set up possible links, We forget how Ben is linked to the rest of the team and considered family despite absolutely no worrying about how ancestry links them. Victor Von Doom is pretty much part of the family. If sixty years and hundreds of stories haven't linked Reed and Vic, alternate timeline shuffling adds only confusion.
    Yes. I consider Reed and Victor like brothers now. Especially after the last FF issue where Victor asks Reed to be his best man at his marriage to Victorious, (although I think that will turn out bad, as Doom killed her mother. That has got to bite Victor in the bum later).

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    That was my impression. In the final issue of Cullen Bunn's Fearless Defenders she (named Frances there) was recruited by Misty Knight to help fight Caroline Le Fay's Doom Maidens.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Kaled View Post
    The identity of Hyperstorm. It has since been revealed he is the son of Franklin and Racheal. But when was his back story revealed.
    It was revealed during the storyline he was introduced back in the 90’s. FF 414.