Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post

All hail super-emperor
    If this is what Injustice was, I would actually like it.

It's greatest sin is the lack of that bitchin' crown

I'm curious what would happen if Hernan from Gods and Monsters caught on? I like that take on the DCU and wished it continue. Hernan and the others felt like a deconstruction of the antihero.

Oh well....theres always fanfiction.

EDIT- Mods please delete.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm curious what would happen if Hernan from Gods and Monsters caught on? I like that take on the DCU and wished it continue. Hernan and the others felt like a deconstruction of the antihero.

Oh well....theres always fanfiction.
    He isn't exactly evil per say. It's bruce timm's best attempt with superman. But, i get what you are trying to say. I do believe the character is generally well regarded.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    He isn't exactly evil per say. It's bruce timm's best attempt with superman. But, i get what you are trying to say. I do believe the character is generally well regarded.
    I actually don't think he's evil too. I just thought this was the right place to put that post rather than creating a new thread or necroing an old one.

BANNED

I think its the cape, cape usually means evil in most fiction.

All-New Member

I think a team of Superman from the Dark Multiverse called "Men of steel":

Superman the bat of steel (Batman)
    Superman the god of steel (Wonder Woman)
    Superman the steel runner (Flash)
    Superman the king of steel (Aquaman)
    Superman the will of steel (Green lantern)
    Superman the living steel (Cyborg)
    The leader is a Mash-up between Lex Luthor and Superman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Cavill’s Superman wasn’t well received generally because he was a little grumpy sometimes. And Brightburn didn’t exactly light up the box office. General audiences don’t like a non-heroic Superman. So I don’t think there’s much chance of it actually catching on outside of video games and a pretty niche comic.

If we’re talking like a different character within the mythos, Superboy Prime kinda already fits that. Or like the Regime Superman coming over. Kingdom Come Superman is basically a villain even within that story so it’s pretty much already happened.

If it’s the “real” Superman, it’s be received like Hydra Cap I think though. It’ll be hated by a lot of people in comics.

Do you actually think it is Lois that is a liability and that magically writers would stop fridging a woman love interest for cheap drama because it was someone else? Like Lana, Wonder Woman, Maxima, whoever wouldn’t get the same treatment when they wanted to tell these type of stories? I don’t think an absence of Lois would magically make a bunch of bad writers suddenly good.
    Exactly. It’s incredibly problematic (and more than a little silly) to say that because misogynist writers have killed Lois off so often to make Superman sad that that means LOIS and their romance is the “liability” for Superman. That’s ridiculous as neither Lois nor the female fans who love her are responsible for the crappy sexist writing that treats her like that.

Putting Superman in different relationships to avoid that perceived “liability” is faulty logic both because the writers would just transfer the bad and sexist writing over to another woman (something they had already do literally every time he’s paired with Wonder Woman) OR he would never have a truly meaningful relationship at all which the audience would grow tired of quickly. Not as many people actually want to see “swinging single Superman” playing the field but never getting close in the year 2020 as you would think. Gender examinations about masculinity make that not a great look.

Either way, it’s incredibly crappy to use the sexist way Lois is often treated as some kind of reason to get rid of her. No one is more upset about Lois being repeatedly killed off than Lois and Clark fans—trust me. Misogyny is not our fault. Hire more diverse writers, hire BETTER creatives, hire more women and start treating women better and that “fixed” the issue of Lois constantly being killed off for man pain. Not blaming it on the woman and asserting that she’s the issue. That’s misplaced frustration directed at the victim and not the culprit.

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    I think you'll have a difficult time finding a SMWW fan who enjoys injustice. I'm pretty sure most agree that if superman went full dictator, wonder woman would be the first in line to literally kick sense into him. I mean even if you can look past the problematic nature of their "relationship" in injustice, there are only two scenes implying romance (nice to look at without context I'll admit, not that the comic issue didn't pander to other fandoms as well), and they are either a dream or hallucination. I mean the justice lords had more chemistry then injustice and they appeared in a bruce timm verse. Not that I blame Tom taylor entirely, it's just that NetherRealm can't write romance to save their lives.

I always wish that injustice could be done better, it could have been a philosophical debate just as much fighting game where superman and wonder woman trying to build a better world with more surveillance yet find people reluctant to give up freedoms vs a free world that has to have crime as part of that freedom and maybe batman admitting that he needs crime to forget the trauma he suffers.
    But nope lol, you can't have batman be wrong and "supermans laser goes brrrr through shazams head". At least they seem to have painted themselves into a corner with the second one so it'll be hard to get a sequel, unless they reboot the series with both sides swapping, but who am I kidding.
    Yup. I like SM/WW and I hate Injustice. And that's a pretty standard opinion from what I've seen. Doesn't matter a bit to me that Diana has some weird crush on him there. If its a poor incarnation of one or both characters, I have little interest in it. I'll take an exploration of their relationship if its good, I won't take just what I can get though.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El