Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Crhulhu confirmed and I read it over. That Hulknis not Hulk, it’s the One Under All using Hulk as a puppet skin to move around.
    Yeah, but it's still the skin we're talking about in this battle. When I say how much of it is Hulk, I mean his strength level and power. The One Below All picked him for a reason, after all.

That is, how much of it is Hulk's skin's power (if you so choose to put it that way) vs. how much of it was power built up/pumped up by TOBA *into* Hulk's skin.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Crhulhu confirmed and I read it over. That Hulknis not Hulk, it’s the One Under All using Hulk as a puppet skin to move around.
    So is this a retconn? I mean, has TOBA always been behind Hulks strength or some such?
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Couple of points, UV radiation no longer turns Hulk back into Banner, it still bothers him, but he can stand in it.

Gamma Radiation comes from TOBA and all Gamma Beings are immortal, not just the Hulk, though how easily they can come back seems to vary.

Hulk can control and reattach body parts or regrow whole new ones, although it's a bit obtuse on how that's decided, Savage Hulk seems to be stuck with old-fashioned regeneration, possibly because he doesn't realize he can do other things, while the Green Scar showed that he can manipulate and shapeshift his body to a degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Couple of points, UV radiation no longer turns Hulk back into Banner, it still bothers him, but he can stand in it.

Gamma Radiation comes from TOBA and all Gamma Beings are immortal, not just the Hulk, though how easily they can come back seems to vary.

Hulk can control and reattach body parts or regrow whole new ones, although it's a bit obtuse on how that's decided, Savage Hulk seems to be stuck with old-fashioned regeneration, possibly because he doesn't realize he can do other things, while the Green Scar showed that he can manipulate and shapeshift his body to a degree.
    Interesting how each personality manifested comes with a different "mix" maybe? Of powers. That's really interesting then, so gamma is as much a spiritual thing as any? This is like mitochlorians in reverse.
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Interesting how each personality manifested comes with a different "mix" maybe? Of powers. That's really interesting then, so gamma is as much a spiritual thing as any? This is like mitochlorians in reverse.
    And about as dumb, really.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    The implication is that it's all mental. Ewing is being intentionally obtuse, but it appears that Bruce as a whole could do everything at once, but that each personality is limited by their own understanding and the limits that they put on eachother.

Which is all neither here nor there for rumbles purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    The implication is that it's all mental. Ewing is being intentionally obtuse, but it appears that Bruce as a whole could do everything at once, but that each personality is limited by their own understanding and the limits that they put on eachother.

Which is all neither here nor there for rumbles purposes.
    Okay then. Damn, I've gotta catch up on Imm Hulk. I love what I've read so far. Life...stuff...keeps getting in the way. I just need to win the lotto so I can focus my attention on the important stuff in life
    ----------------------

Immortal Hulk has retained his strength but he’s not as indestructible as he once was. He’s been melted and torn apart on numerous occasions, only to reconstitute himself. He’s almost like Swamp Thing, with his physical form only a construct of his consciousness. So Superman would be able to incapacitate this Hulk relatively fast. Hulk would obviously keep coming back and the fight could go on forever. But if Supes acts fast, he could use the time where Hulk is temporarily stopped to either toss his remains into orbit or even into the sun.

As Ewing has taken this version of the character and created a brilliant horror story vibe, it also means that the Hulk is seemingly more vulnerable. This presents opportunities for more gore.
    Last edited by Robotman; 07-12-2020 at 12:01 AM.

If speed is equalized, I don't see Superman just spacetossing Hulk without a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    If speed is equalized, I don't see Superman just spacetossing Hulk without a fight.
    A superman that can bench press the planet and shove around larger than earth spaceships and shatter planets with lift-off on the dregs of his power?

Aside from generally being more skilled

What TDK said. But also, nobody said “without a fight”.

But it doesn’t matter if there’s a fight. Even if Hulk spacetosses first, Supes just flies right on back. If Supes throws Hulk, the same is not true.

Both of them weigh as much as a person-ish as far as how ridiculously far they could be thrown by each other. The idea that at one point each of them during a fight won't be able to get their hands on the other and throw that person is extremely dubious. It just requires being able to grab and throw.

The difference is, when the Hulk does that to Superman, he'll just come right back.

When Superman does that to the Hulk, he won't.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 07-12-2020 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    A superman that can bench press the planet and shove around larger than earth spaceships and shatter planets with lift-off on the dregs of his power?

Aside from generally being more skilled
    Ok just to elaborate a bit on the Superman feat, because it's new and people may be missing the context behind it.

https://i.postimg.cc/PxbX5DqJ/image.jpg
    https://i.postimg.cc/Wz22F4Dn/image.jpg
    https://i.postimg.cc/R0HC2y5c/image.jpg
    https://i.postimg.cc/FRXFvpNw/image.jpg
    https://i.postimg.cc/Y2Qwg2Kc/image.jpg
    https://i.postimg.cc/CLYp4ySR/image.jpg
    https://i.postimg.cc/gkDFSM2N/image.jpg

Yeah, the strength gap between these two characters is not small. It is actually a very large gap.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Out of curiosity, the last scan there says something about the 4th dimension. I haven't read the books, but is he travelling time?
    ----------------------