Default Is there a dream or anything imaginary that could make someone a better person?

Is there a dream or anything imaginary that could make someone a better person &/or improve one's life or thoughts?

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

what, like Martin Luther King's?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Such a dream would surely be impossible.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannoraptor View Post
    Is there a dream or anything imaginary that could make someone a better person &/or improve one's life or thoughts?
    There are some Alice in Wonderland quotes over at Pinterest which I find spectacular. Otherwise if there's something in your life making you unhappy think about how to change it and be patient with yourself and others. I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    what, like Martin Luther King's?
    I don't know but something like this

Comic books are imaginary and can teach us to be better people.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

It was a constant theme in Neil Gaiman’s Sandman, of course that Dream could influence humans to better things.

I don’t know how it could be definitively proved...but I believe the mind constantly works on problems while we sleep, and dream probably plays some part in that process.

Certainly some scientists have claimed to make breakthroughs as a result of specific dreams, and similarly some musicians have been similarly inspired to write pieces of music.

I heard a story about an old miser that had a dream one Christmas Eve.....
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Your question is kind of confusing since dreams are subjective and a product of the individual's psyche. I'm sure you can dream something and have an affective response to what you experienced whilst dreaming, but even then unconscious insight isn't as direct as simply recalling the dreamwork upon waking.

What maninthemac said. I can see a dream helping someone work through something that has been brewing in the back of their mind. Maybe clarifying some element of a problem one is wrestling with. But a dream bringing new information to change a person's mind on something...Nah!

You don't learn about zinc from a dream.

I think a work of fiction certainly has to potential to educate people and make them realize that certain behaviors are immoral, thus becoming "better people." The dreams though seem to be purely a trope used in fiction, though there are probably claims out there of people who had dreams that turned their lives around in some way.

Only if the person possesses the ability to internalize the message, the capacity to understand the benefits of the change and the willpower to follow through.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe