Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 157
  1. #1
    Spectacular Member Tyrannoraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    197

    Default Should i lower my guard against a haunting if it's said that ghosts don't exist?

    Do you think i should let my guard down against a haunting if it has been stated (or science has implied) that ghosts, spirits and the afterlife never existed at the first place so as to be overly sure of that?
    Last edited by Tyrannoraptor; 07-05-2020 at 07:23 AM.

  2. #2
    Paranoid Android ChadH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Incertisque loci...incerto tempore
    Posts
    2,626

    Default

    Context is important.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners Thread So much winning!!

    "When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
    "Being politically incorrect shouldn't be a matter of pride. It's the last gasp of the wrong side of history." - Unknown
    "By all means, compare these s**t-heads to Nazis." - Mike Godwin referring to the protesters in Charlottesville.

  3. #3
    Astonishing Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    2,924

    Default

    Oh HELL no, never let your guard down in that type of situation.

  4. #4

    Default

    perhaps gradually depending on what the "guard" is

  5. #5

    Default

    You can chance it, but I've seen documentaries about this. Even if it's an old man hard up for cash looking to scare off potential home buyers to set up some sort of insurance scheme, it's still best to play at safe and run until you can get enough clues to unmask him.

    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

  6. #6
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    15,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannoraptor View Post
    Do you think i should let my guard down against a haunting if it has been stated (or science has implied) that ghosts, spirits and the afterlife never existed at the first place so as to be overly sure of that?

    Well, this is interesting. Have you been binging on the all the ghost hunting shows on the Travel channel? Seriously, I am curious to know if you are having some disturbances of unexplained origin.

    As to those ghost chaser shows, I find that some tend to traffic in melodramatic stuff and I often am amused on how cowardly they are. I preferred the original series Ghost Hunters with Grant and Jason.

  7. #7
    Astonishing Member Riv86672's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    2,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    You can chance it, but I've seen documentaries about this. Even if it's an old man hard up for cash looking to scare off potential home buyers to set up some sort of insurance scheme, it's still best to play at safe and run until you can get enough clues to unmask him.

    I’ve seen those documentaries. Riveting stuff..!

  8. #8
    Astonishing Member Starter Set's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Inside the Jupiter 2
    Posts
    3,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Well, this is interesting. Have you been binging on the all the ghost hunting shows on the Travel channel? Seriously, I am curious to know if you are having some disturbances of unexplained origin.

    As to those ghost chaser shows, I find that some tend to traffic in melodramatic stuff and I often am amused on how cowardly they are. I preferred the original series Ghost Hunters with Grant and Jason.
    Ghosts shows on youtube are hilarious, i watch some of them sometimes just for the entertainment value. That's like one hour of some dude screaming at nothing, making a huge deal of the slighest sound and a whole lot of nothing caught on video of course.

    That's about as good as "tv" can get. (come on, that's what youtube is now)

    But back on the original topic, what do you mean exactly by "letting your guard down against a haunting"? You want to buy a house who's rumored to be haunted? You think your house is haunted? (check for rats, you would be surprised the racket those little bastards can make)

    But well, never saw such a thing as ghosts in my life. Never saw Pluto with my own eyes too though and apparently it does exist so eh, don't lose hope guys.

  9. #9
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    7,342

    Default

    Never hurts to burn some sage.

    Unless the risk for forest fires is high. Then sprinkle some salt.

    Unless you have high blood pressure. Then just spit three times.

    Unless we're in the middle of a respiratory illness pandemic. Then you're fucked.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

    Hillary was right!

  10. #10
    Incredible Member The no face guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannoraptor View Post
    Do you think i should let my guard down against a haunting if it has been stated (or science has implied) that ghosts, spirits and the afterlife never existed at the first place so as to be overly sure of that?
    Depends on what you see. If you firmly believe it beforehand, and interrupt banging in the attic to automatically be a ghost, than you might want to take a step back and think about things more rationally and logically.

    However, if you start see candles sliding off your table, and cupboards opening and closing on their own repeatedly, or an apparition itself, well than...you might want to call the Ghostbusters.

  11. #11
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    15,722

    Default

    I had a really squeaky door leading to the bathroom so I sprayed the hinges with WD 40. Now if I leave it part way open, it will slowly start to close. Nothing supernatural there. Now if the doorknob clicked back into place then I'd be worried.

  12. #12
    Ultimate Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    11,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannoraptor View Post
    Do you think i should let my guard down against a haunting if it has been stated (or science has implied) that ghosts, spirits and the afterlife never existed at the first place so as to be overly sure of that?
    What does "letting your guard down" entail? What happens if you don't? Who's the ghost? And would he have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those darn kids?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  13. #13
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,158

    Default

    Better to be safe than sorry. Never go to a haunting without being armed by Dr. Egon Spengler first.

  14. #14
    Ultimate Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    11,517

    Default

    I mean, who you gonna call?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  15. #15
    Silver Sentinel BeastieRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    10,169

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Never hurts to burn some sage.

    Unless the risk for forest fires is high. Then sprinkle some salt.

    Unless you have high blood pressure. Then just spit three times.

    Unless we're in the middle of a respiratory illness pandemic. Then you're fucked.
    This post slayed me.

    lol
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •