Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default Should i lower my guard against a haunting if it's said that ghosts don't exist?

Do you think i should let my guard down against a haunting if it has been stated (or science has implied) that ghosts, spirits and the afterlife never existed at the first place so as to be overly sure of that?
    Last edited by Tyrannoraptor; 07-05-2020 at 07:23 AM.

Context is important.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Oh HELL no, never let your guard down in that type of situation.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

perhaps gradually depending on what the "guard" is

You can chance it, but I've seen documentaries about this. Even if it's an old man hard up for cash looking to scare off potential home buyers to set up some sort of insurance scheme, it's still best to play at safe and run until you can get enough clues to unmask him.

X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannoraptor View Post
    Do you think i should let my guard down against a haunting if it has been stated (or science has implied) that ghosts, spirits and the afterlife never existed at the first place so as to be overly sure of that?

Well, this is interesting. Have you been binging on the all the ghost hunting shows on the Travel channel? Seriously, I am curious to know if you are having some disturbances of unexplained origin.

As to those ghost chaser shows, I find that some tend to traffic in melodramatic stuff and I often am amused on how cowardly they are. I preferred the original series Ghost Hunters with Grant and Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    You can chance it, but I've seen documentaries about this. Even if it's an old man hard up for cash looking to scare off potential home buyers to set up some sort of insurance scheme, it's still best to play at safe and run until you can get enough clues to unmask him.

I’ve seen those documentaries. Riveting stuff..!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Well, this is interesting. Have you been binging on the all the ghost hunting shows on the Travel channel? Seriously, I am curious to know if you are having some disturbances of unexplained origin.

As to those ghost chaser shows, I find that some tend to traffic in melodramatic stuff and I often am amused on how cowardly they are. I preferred the original series Ghost Hunters with Grant and Jason.
    Ghosts shows on youtube are hilarious, i watch some of them sometimes just for the entertainment value. That's like one hour of some dude screaming at nothing, making a huge deal of the slighest sound and a whole lot of nothing caught on video of course.

That's about as good as "tv" can get. (come on, that's what youtube is now)

But back on the original topic, what do you mean exactly by "letting your guard down against a haunting"? You want to buy a house who's rumored to be haunted? You think your house is haunted? (check for rats, you would be surprised the racket those little bastards can make)

But well, never saw such a thing as ghosts in my life. Never saw Pluto with my own eyes too though and apparently it does exist so eh, don't lose hope guys.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Never hurts to burn some sage.

Unless the risk for forest fires is high. Then sprinkle some salt.

Unless you have high blood pressure. Then just spit three times.

Unless we're in the middle of a respiratory illness pandemic. Then you're fucked.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Mighty Member

Depends on what you see. If you firmly believe it beforehand, and interrupt banging in the attic to automatically be a ghost, than you might want to take a step back and think about things more rationally and logically.

However, if you start see candles sliding off your table, and cupboards opening and closing on their own repeatedly, or an apparition itself, well than...you might want to call the Ghostbusters.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I had a really squeaky door leading to the bathroom so I sprayed the hinges with WD 40. Now if I leave it part way open, it will slowly start to close. Nothing supernatural there. Now if the doorknob clicked back into place then I'd be worried.

What does "letting your guard down" entail? What happens if you don't? Who's the ghost? And would he have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those darn kids?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Better to be safe than sorry. Never go to a haunting without being armed by Dr. Egon Spengler first.

I mean, who you gonna call?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Never hurts to burn some sage.

Unless the risk for forest fires is high. Then sprinkle some salt.

Unless you have high blood pressure. Then just spit three times.

Unless we're in the middle of a respiratory illness pandemic. Then you're fucked.
    This post slayed me.

lol
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium