Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Siding. We're in the city, but New Orleans has lots of trees and squirrels, rats, opossum, raccoons, etc. The first two groups are the worst.
    How about bats? Twice in my parents home a bat got into the house. The house had one of those little under the gable windows where the roof came to a peak with no glass just wooden slats. We figured it could have come in there but beyond that point we couldn't find out how they were got out of the crawl space and down to the main floor.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    How about bats? Twice in my parents home a bat got into the house. The house had one of those little under the gable windows where the roof came to a peak with no glass just wooden slats. We figured it could have come in there but beyond that point we couldn't find out how they were got out of the crawl space and down to the main floor.

Bats aren't a problem at all really except when one enters into your room and just can't seem to be able to find the freaking window to get out and turn, and turn, and turn again in the room.

Only happened to me two times in the last 5 years though so it's not like if it was a bother or anything but still, when i hear that flipping sound i know the drill now. Get out of bed, take a towel, wait for the damn thing to stop flying, trow the towel over it and release it outside lol.

Believe it or not but the last time it happened the bat actually managed to enter again into the room like not even 5 minutes later. I was like "fck you". (maybe not the same one though)

Should we change the title of this thread to:

"Should I lower my guard against animals?"
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Should we change the title of this thread to:

"Should I lower my guard against animals?"
    Let's just mix the two and talk about the Wendigo.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Let's just mix the two and talk about the Wendigo.
    Algernon Blackwood or Hulk #180?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Algernon Blackwood or Hulk #180?
    I'm not too fond of the antlers look for the wendigo, i prefer the Ithaqua version. Skinny, furry monster always up for some tasty human meat.

But it was very influential no question, as to this day a lot of representations use this look.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannoraptor View Post
    Do you think i should let my guard down against a haunting if it has been stated (or science has implied) that ghosts, spirits and the afterlife never existed at the first place so as to be overly sure of that?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

When the inevitable happens and Donald J. Trump shuffles off this mortal coil, will he haunt the White House? Will some future resident of the White House see his ghost tweeting away on his phone in the wee hours of the morning?

The White House Ghost Stories

Abraham Lincoln appears in the Lincoln Bedroom and Yellow Oval Room First Lady Grace Coolidge, Prime Minister Winston Churchill, and Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands claim to have seen Lincoln. Queen Wilhemenia answered a knock on her door and when she opened it she saw the figure of Lincoln in his tall hat and fainted. Churchill, who stayed at the WH several times during WWII, saw Lincoln sitting by the fireplace in his room

Willie Lincoln, who died in the White House, was seen in the White House by staff members of the Grant administration in the 1870s. Mrs. Lincoln would hold at least several seances at the White House in attempts to contact her dead children.

An unnamed British Soldier who perished during the War of 1812 roams the White House grounds holding a torch.

He's never going to die, the toupée is just going to find a new host.

Astonishing Member

I kind of believe that Ghosts exist. They’ve never really impacted me one way or another so I’ve never felt the need to put up a guard. Does this Guard that you put up complicate your everyday routine or compromise your happiness and well being in some way?

Arrow

An intriguing theory that could explain some "spirits" is advanced by an accredited scientist, not a modern "ghost hunter", starting at 13:04. This is fascinating stuff. I'd recommend anyone interested in the subject listen -

Last edited by Celgress; 08-16-2020 at 01:11 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Cool video/radio, i also tend to think that electro-magnetism and how we can maybe involuntary influence EM fields have a lot to do with ghosts experiences. (that and our own state of mind)

Which is a very interesting topic all by itself. At least to me lol. Especially considering all the psychological implications it involves.

Poltergeist are almost always a teen seeking attention. No verified evidence of it being a real phenomena. And Art Bell is not where to go for rational reporting.

https://www.livescience.com/38223-poltergeists.html

Poltergeist are almost always a teen seeking attention
    Yeah, i don't believe in ghosts but that's just a pretty silly theory.

It's like saying that there is a conspiracy nut behind every UFO sighting lol.

Trying to explain something with a real cause is a fine goal, but coming up with even crazier explanations than a ghost would even be is not.