Incredible Member

Default Final issue of SUPERGIRL. SPOILERS.

For those of us without access to digital comics, anyone wanna summarize the final 2 issues?

Didn’t read 41, but I picked up 42 out of curiosity. It was meh, a rushed conclusion to an editorially mandated run. Really hope that Kara gets a relaunch post Death Metal and that the next writer isn’t forced to turn Kara’s ongoing into a tie in to events.

Yeah effectively just a quick ending from the effects of the Infected/Secret Six storyline with her being in trouble with some of the government but the citizens trust her because she saved their lives, and she flys off to her next adventure. But yeah I agree with Vordan, DC really needs to do a better job as of late of not just sidelining Kara for an event or Superman storyline, I mean they have literally addressed how she is out of touch with her own supporting cast because she was off dealing with the Rogal Zar stuff in space.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Didn't the book end with her still infected via that stupid BWL storyline? Shows how much respect they had for the book if they couldn't even give her a resolution to a dumb mandated event in the pages of her own finale.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Didn't the book end with her still infected via that stupid BWL storyline? Shows how much respect they had for the book if they couldn't even give her a resolution to a dumb mandated event in the pages of her own finale.
    Nah she got cured (I think) but it didn’t say how.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    No they had her uninfected in the final issues.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Oh okay, my mistake.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Kara was cured during the Year of The Villain: Hell Arisen mini series by Lex Luthor with some magical science plot device serum that cured TBWL's infection along with the rest of the Infected heroes. But for some reason, it's never actually mentioned in Supergirl's own series as to how she's cured.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    Kara was cured during the Year of The Villain: Hell Arisen mini series by Lex Luthor with some magical science plot device serum that cured TBWL's infection along with the rest of the Infected heroes. But for some reason, it's never actually mentioned in Supergirl's own series as to how she's cured.
    Good point! For people who didn't follow to Hell Arisen, there needed to be some kind of summary of what happened and how she was cured.

There are a few reviews of #41 and #42 up at comicbookroundup.com. Far fewer than usual since I guess people don't know these issues are out or where to find them.