Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

So trying to understand why in the world they can't recast Kate with a new actress. This is done all the time, and certainly in other super hero movies or shows - Rhodey recast with Cheadle in the Marvel movies.

So it seems insane that the CW is doing this. And it looks like they are from the stuff I look at, but maybe I'll be surprised.

For sure, if Kate/character was absent or totally changed as being suggested, I would have NO interest in watching the show.

I've enjoyed Mary and her path and would not mind if she became a version of Flamebird, since the personality is close.

But I have to have the blonde hair, even if it is an obvious wig.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    So it seems insane that the CW is doing this.
    We've gone completely off topic here, but look, it sucks - but it's CW and their shows aren't very good anyway IMO.

I'd recommend just ignoring it if you aren't interested in the OC, ignore the whole Arrowverse perhaps, and maybe try some better shows.

I'd recommend The Boys, Watchmen, and Doom Patrol if you haven't already seen them. Comics Kate is still around, so it's not all bad.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 10-18-2020 at 06:39 AM.

Each to their own. I never minded most CW comic shows. I never got into Arrow. I tend to get bored, but it may take a few seasons.

I could watch those shows, (watchmen, etc) but I am turned off by the violence, or so it seems to me.

So bringing it full circle, this is why the more innocent Bette/Flamebird is more liked by me.

I don't think discussing Kate here is very off topic; we certainly discuss Bette there a whole lot.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

I could watch those shows, (watchmen, etc) but I am turned off by the violence, or so it seems to me.

So bringing it full circle, this is why the more innocent Bette/Flamebird is more liked by me.
    There is a new show called Stargirl, I haven't seen it, but apparently it is very good and less violent. I'd also recommend The Tick, even though it only had 2 seasons.

I will say that in The Boys, if you can stand the violence, there is a character in it that is a bit like Bette and begins quite innocent (and doesn't become corrupt).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    There is a new show called Stargirl, I haven't seen it, but apparently it is very good and less violent. I'd also recommend The Tick, even though it only had 2 seasons.

I will say that in The Boys, if you can stand the violence, there is a character in it that is a bit like Bette and begins quite innocent (and doesn't become corrupt).
    Starlight goes through hell. It made me uncomfortable to watch The Boys.
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    Starlight goes through hell. It made me uncomfortable to watch The Boys.
    Yeah, but so does Bette (though not in a sexual way), since she gets gutted and becomes comatose. I've only seen the first season, but Starlight didn't become corrupt.

Anyway, seems Stargirl is more likely to be the thing to watch.

I loved the Stargirl show. Can't wait for it to come back. Hey I'm not all non-violence.

Actually Star Girl was someone I had NO/Zero knowledge of in either medium. She came/since the time I stopped reading most DC comics, a year or two after COIEs. I stayed for the Legion around then, but not long and pretty much hardly read any DC during that period, until new 52 when I fell in love with the modern Batwoman and the revamped Flamebird.
    ~ Oberon ~

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Yeah, but so does Bette (though not in a sexual way), since she gets gutted and becomes comatose. I've only seen the first season, but Starlight didn't become corrupt.

Anyway, seems Stargirl is more likely to be the thing to watch.
    Stargirl is excellent and yeah Bette does have a lot of trauma (three dead aunst, a dead uncle, probably neglectful parents, two cousins who ignore her, a dead cousin, and a ton of dead friends plus being attacked a lot)
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

Incredible Member

I loved the Stargirl show. Can't wait for it to come back. Hey I'm not all non-violence.

Actually Star Girl was someone I had NO/Zero knowledge of in either medium. She came/since the time I stopped reading most DC comics, a year or two after COIEs. I stayed for the Legion around then, but not long and pretty much hardly read any DC during that period, until new 52 when I fell in love with the modern Batwoman and the revamped Flamebird.

I went a read the Stars and STRIPE series before I started Stargirl so I could see the base medium. I love Courtney!

Incredible Member

Bette might be in Batgirl #50! According to this tweet all the Batgirls will be in the issue so here's hoping we get Bette! Also Ryan Wilder is debuting!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    Bette might be in Batgirl #50! According to this tweet all the Batgirls will be in the issue so here's hoping we get Bette! Also Ryan Wilder is debuting!
    Never mind, Cecil says she's not according to this tweet. GRRRR

Incredible Member

Bette Kane fan art I did yesterday 8E25AA04-F4C7-41AE-8BF0-978882C3F09D.jpg

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

I don't really understand Post Crisis Bette Kane.

As introduced in Morrison's Batman Inc, there are two Batwomans with the surname of Kane: Kathy Kane from the Dick Sprang era of Batman, and Kate Kane who was introduced in 52.

If Kathy Kane existed in the Post Crisis universe, does that mean that Bette Kane served under her as Batgirl? And if so that doesn't really make sense, because it was revealed in Batwoman 0 that Bette Kane was the cousin of the Kate Kane Batwoman.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    I don't really understand Post Crisis Bette Kane.

As introduced in Morrison's Batman Inc, there are two Batwomans with the surname of Kane: Kathy Kane from the Dick Sprang era of Batman, and Kate Kane who was introduced in 52.

If Kathy Kane existed in the Post Crisis universe, does that mean that Bette Kane served under her as Batgirl? And if so that doesn't really make sense, because it was revealed in Batwoman 0 that Bette Kane was the cousin of the Kate Kane Batwoman.
    Morrison avoided using Bette/thy, but while she's Kate's cousin she's also still Kathy's niece (by marriage, this time), which was her Pre-Crisis status.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Morrison avoided using Bette/thy, but while she's Kate's cousin she's also still Kathy's niece (by marriage, this time), which was her Pre-Crisis status.
    Basically
    Roderick Kane and his wife Betsy had Nathan, Philip, Martha, Jacob, and an unnamed child. Nathan married Kathy Webb (born Katrina Netz), Philip didn't marry and died alone, Jacob married Gabrielle and had Kate and Beth, Gabi dies and he remarried Catherine Hamilton. Martha married Thomas Wayne and had Bruce. The unnamed child moved to Malibu, California and had Mary Elizabeth "Bette" Kane.