Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Just had a thought that makes me 'something' in my mouth a little.

CW is not beholden to anything with DC properties unless it has been optioned somewhere else?

So they could make Mary or someone into 'Bat/-/girl' if they wanted.
    i doubt they would call her Batgirl because of the batgirl movie that's in development hell
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    WOOHOO@ ALFRED's back then
    I didn't say that. Anyone who died only to get rebooted in New 52, I said. His death was in Rebirth (i.e.. after New 52), and Batman wasn't rebooted anyway, so the modern Alfred is the same guy since at least when Jason Todd's origin was changed after the Crisis. Anyone who died that recently is still dead unless they've been explicitly resurrected by Lazarus Pit or something.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-17-2020 at 04:48 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

i doubt they would call her Batgirl because of the batgirl movie that's in development hell
    Actually DC lets properties have multiple franchises or tie ins. Like the Teen Titans show has a Robin type character, no? Like The movie Flash having a cameo in the CW's Flash during their Crisis arc? So they could get an option to use the name/character, but it would be quite different of course.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Incredible Member

Actually DC lets properties have multiple franchises or tie ins. Like the Teen Titans show has a Robin type character, no? Like The movie Flash having a cameo in the CW's Flash during their Crisis arc? So they could get an option to use the name/character, but it would be quite different of course.
    dc is weird at this point
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

Incredible Member

I have written some Bette poetry

I just read that. Nice. I've been into Haiku in recent years. Maybe I'll try one for Bette.
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Incredible Member

oooh

haikus are fun but i prefer free form

oooh

haikus are fun but i prefer free form
    Haikus are newer for me, but my first poems a long time ago were more like song lyrics since I had that interest.

I like freeform poetry too. I'm just not as prolific as I used to be.
    ~ Oberon ~

Incredible Member

Haikus are really fun and I've always liked them

I'd like to see an untold tale of how the Batfamily or Barbara met with Bette and convinced her to give up the name, after TT v.1 # 50 or so.

And how this led to Bette becoming Flamebird. But I'd like to see an untold tale of Barbara and Bette meeting over this, with maybe Dick and Bruce and

Alfred, in the story. After all Alfred imagined Dick with Betty as the future Batman and Batwoman.
    ~ Oberon ~

Incredible Member

I'd like to see an untold tale of how the Batfamily or Barbara met with Bette and convinced her to give up the name, after TT v.1 # 50 or so.

And how this led to Bette becoming Flamebird. But I'd like to see an untold tale of Barbara and Bette meeting over this, with maybe Dick and Bruce and

Alfred, in the story. After all Alfred imagined Dick with Betty as the future Batman and Batwoman.
    i always thought that betty left gotham after kathy's death to become flamebird with babs taking the name never knowing about bette

i always thought that betty left gotham after kathy's death to become flamebird with babs taking the name never knowing about bette
    I see. Because canonically, Kathy was murdered a little after Bette's last appearance in TT before COIE, etc. etc.

So, that makes sense. Also in that time frame, Barbara G Batgirl met and minorly worked with Kathy, I barely recall that.

but maybe my untold tale takes the form of Barbara, post funeral etc, consoling Bette (others could be around; Bruce should be pretty affected) and Bette indicating that she is leaving Gotham, and "Bat-girl" to Barbara and the others. But inside, she now knows she will ultimately want to avenge her Aunt Kathy, as Flamebird.

A follow up 'untold' tale would be when Kathy finally revealed to Bette that she had not died; the Spyral plot and all that.

This could be a step towards the Nightwing/Flamebird thing, since Dick was involved with Spyral and all that.
    ~ Oberon ~