Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    I really want her to find a home and if that means that she and Dick become partners in protecting Bludhaven then I'm down for it. Also that cover is beautiful.

Bette and Steph are my favorite Batgirls. But I'm uber protective of Bette
    Being old and grumpy I don't have the resonance to Stephanie, though I mostly think she is an okay character. It seems like she could be a modern version/pseudo version of Bette, considering the blonde, but I don't care that much.

The cover is adorable, of course and to me, shows the Nightbird/Flamebird aspects; dark and light.

I guess this is reflected in Tim and Steph, now that I think about it. Maybe they should become NW and FB, lol

and Dick should be Robin something else, and Bette could be Mistress of the Bats, lol (hey, Halloween is coming1)

OKay, here is the homage panel, you've all probably seen this before:
    https://tinyurl.com/y3rmp9e4

Well, that didn't work like I wanted it to, just a link, but I've often seen that panel, which the cover previously shown is an homage to.

I shall try again. (feels like I forgot all my once html skills)

robbat.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I shall try again. (feels like I forgot all my once html skills)

robbat.jpg
    wow, I'm so impressed with myself. Any way, this is the aftermath or during the notorious "Prisoners of Three Worlds" in an old Silver Age Batman. Other parts are revisited by Morrison, right, who uses it to explain that all the weird Silver Age stuff was because of exposures to drugs, and that Bruce and Kathy were deeply in love/of some sort. But in my mind it could go to the idea that this is when Dick and Bette learned of Nightwing and Flamebird, Bruce had Clark check them out after the adventure, at the Fortress, where they learned the legend.

Incredible Member

wow, I'm so impressed with myself. Any way, this is the aftermath or during the notorious "Prisoners of Three Worlds" in an old Silver Age Batman. Other parts are revisited by Morrison, right, who uses it to explain that all the weird Silver Age stuff was because of exposures to drugs, and that Bruce and Kathy were deeply in love/of some sort. But in my mind it could go to the idea that this is when Dick and Bette learned of Nightwing and Flamebird, Bruce had Clark check them out after the adventure, at the Fortress, where they learned the legend.
    I read those issues! I really like them

Being old and grumpy I don't have the resonance to Stephanie, though I mostly think she is an okay character. It seems like she could be a modern version/pseudo version of Bette, considering the blonde, but I don't care that much.

The cover is adorable, of course and to me, shows the Nightbird/Flamebird aspects; dark and light.

I guess this is reflected in Tim and Steph, now that I think about it. Maybe they should become NW and FB, lol

and Dick should be Robin something else, and Bette could be Mistress of the Bats, lol (hey, Halloween is coming1)
    I adore Steph. One of my favorites. I do get Bette vibes off of her. I actually think they'd be good friends. There's a cute fic where they meet https://archiveofourown.org/works/15458091
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

cute cute cute

Incredible Member

cute cute cute
    the fic certainly is
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

I really want her to find a home and if that means that she and Dick become partners in protecting Bludhaven then I'm down for it. Also that cover is beautiful.

Bette and Steph are my favorite Batgirls. But I'm uber protective of Bette
    If Bette and Dick team-up. How should that be done? Her as Flamebird and him as Nightwing. Would they share rogues or have their own?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    If Bette and Dick team-up. How should that be done? Her as Flamebird and him as Nightwing. Would they share rogues or have their own?
    Well you can bring back the Cobra Gang led by King Cobra. Make it so that they moved to Bludhaven and have set up shop. So Bette and Dick team up to take them down. Bette fresh out of dropping out of West Point and Dick's recovered his memories and they both want a fresh start away from Batman and Batwoman.

Well you can bring back the Cobra Gang led by King Cobra. Make it so that they moved to Bludhaven and have set up shop. So Bette and Dick team up to take them down. Bette fresh out of dropping out of West Point and Dick's recovered his memories and they both want a fresh start away from Batman and Batwoman.
    "they both want a fresh start away from Batman and Batwoman". Excellent. So sorry for those who want their favorite character to have influence over ours but yeah. Dick and Bette are adults, in their '20s somewhere.

Incredible Member

"they both want a fresh start away from Batman and Batwoman". Excellent. So sorry for those who want their favorite character to have influence over ours but yeah. Dick and Bette are adults, in their '20s somewhere.
    Bette's too old to be treated like a sidekick. Dick too

Bette's too old to be treated like a sidekick. Dick too
    Bam! Bring on the NW/FB story
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Incredible Member

Bam! Bring on the NW/FB story
    YUP!
    Also Bette has some really great quotes!

"Odd to say I'm old enough to die for my country, but not old enough to live for it."- DC Bombshells #21 (digital numbering)

"So what if we never saved the universe. We did something special for the young heroes living out here on their own. We were there for each other when things got tough. When life sometimes became too much for any one of us to handle alone. Granted, we weren't natural athletes like Nightwing, or heroes of legacy like the Flash. We had to work hard at being heroes, but it was worth every minute of it. The experience shaped all of us for the better. Well... almost all of us. We were more than just friends or family. We were Titans."- Titans Secret Files #2

"...Quit?... Like hell I will."- Beast Boy #3
    Last edited by Tsukiakari1203; 10-05-2020 at 11:34 AM.

Astonishing Member

If anyone should be called 'Gotham Girl', then it should be Bette.

Her original Bat-Girl costume is much better than any of Claire Clover's costumes.

I wouldn't mind if Bette had some powers either...to help differentiate her from the dozen other Gotham vigilantes.