Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I'm not very conversant with the "Court of the Owls" storyline but I always thought that

Bette might have been a recruit to them, since she comes from a storied and moneyed family in Gotham, has some background with athletics, etc.

And the idea that the original Batwoman's father was devising a 'finishing school' to train young girls to be agents for his purposes is also a possible backstory

that could involved Bette.
    I prefer her being tied to Spyral, maybe she went to St Hadrian's? Personally, I prefer her being associated with Batwoman, leave her out of Court of Owls.
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

"Quit? Like hell I will"- Bette Kane, Beast Boy #3

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Before Bendis came in and destroyed everything, I had this story in my head of Bette taking on a position with SPYRAL similar to Dick's, or even a position with ARGUS.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Before Bendis came in and destroyed everything, I had this story in my head of Bette taking on a position with SPYRAL similar to Dick's, or even a position with ARGUS.
    I could see Kathy training Bette to become Spyral but keeping her in the dark about it
    "Everything doesn't have to be about fear. There's room in our line of work for hope, too"- Stephanie Brown, Batgirl Vol 3 #5

Incredible Member

Spiral fills in a lot of gaps for Bette

Let's hear it.

Do you mean like backstory? That some of the. years or times she was not around was because she was possibly undercover there?

Or that present activities there are the gaps?

I'm of course ~ not very familar with the Spyral story~ just that its some spy agency, and Dick and I guess first Batwoman were involved with it?
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Incredible Member

Let's hear it.

Do you mean like backstory? That some of the. years or times she was not around was because she was possibly undercover there?

I'm of course ~ not very familar with the Spyral story~ just that its some spy agency, and Dick and I guess first Batwoman were involved with it?
    My idea is that Kathy sent Bette to St. Hadrian's with the intention of making her an operative. Kathy's whole plan got blown by the League so she mindwped Bette's memories of the St. Hadrian's stuff. She made Bette believe that she had found Kathy's body. Basically tampering with her memories.

Well, that is some concept. Obviously 'covers' some of the gaps in certain ways.

I appreciate anything that validates Bette on her own terms; her training and skills - but also her innate goodness and fairness.

Ogling Nightwing could be a bonus, but first things first!
    ~ Oberon ~
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Incredible Member

Well, that is some concept. Obviously 'covers' some of the gaps in certain ways.

I appreciate anything that validates Bette on her own terms; her training and skills - but also her innate goodness and fairness.

i'm sick of the Nightwing crush

but yeah I want Bette to have great skills

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Let's hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    My idea is that Kathy sent Bette to St. Hadrian's with the intention of making her an operative. Kathy's whole plan got blown by the League so she mindwped Bette's memories of the St. Hadrian's stuff. She made Bette believe that she had found Kathy's body. Basically tampering with her memories.

Yes all of this. She was being groomed by Kathy but for reasons things got intercepted. Bette's brain reconciled her training and abilities into her becoming a caped crusader (because she did have a crush on Robin/Nightwing.)
    Since Leviathan crippled everything, Kathy is having to start over and has decided her best bet would be...Bette. why not? It gives her a genuine purpose, she's not just another batgirl (cause we got quite a few of those now) and it provides the opportunity for much character growth and story potential.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Yes all of this. She was being groomed by Kathy but for reasons things got intercepted. Bette's brain reconciled her training and abilities into her becoming a caped crusader (because she did have a crush on Robin/Nightwing.)
    Since Leviathan crippled everything, Kathy is having to start over and has decided her best bet would be...Bette. why not? It gives her a genuine purpose, she's not just another batgirl (cause we got quite a few of those now) and it provides the opportunity for much character growth and story potential.
    hard agree! I love this idea

Agents of Spiral
    ~ Oberon ~

Incredible Member

Agents of Spiral
    Spyral vs Checkmate would be a fun book!

Incredible Member

no new Bette content makes me sad. However there are a few new fanfics with her tagged

Incredible Member

I miss Bette

Extraordinary Member

Maybe a Titans appearance in the future