Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Psylocke's (Betsy's) iconic suit is her ninja bimbo suit with the bands. Her not-iconic suit is her purple armor and hood. And now, Captain Britain. There was also something she briefly wore right when she joined the X-Men (ribbons for sleeves?).

Dazzler has two fairly iconic suits: disco silver with or without skates and her blue X-Men suit. Everything else (like 8 or so different suits now) is not-iconic.

Aurora's most iconic is probably still the black & white. That gold & white one isn't very iconic.

Nightcrawler's classic suit with the flared shoulders is really iconic. He's changed it a few times, but it never looks right. Even though I liked his change in the 90s, with the buzzcut and goatee.

Emma Frost is most iconic in leather lingerie. All of her remotely normal attire is un-iconic.

Sunfire's "rising sun" suit is really iconic. The AOA style suit is second. Anything else isn't.

Rogue went through several different outfits in the 80s, but two have become pretty iconic: green hood with white strips & green and gold with or without jacket.

Other X-Men have iconic accessories, like Storm's tiara, Havok's headpiece, Gambit's trenchcoat (no one cares what else he wears, but the coat is a must), Magik has the headdress thingy that's recently become pretty iconic. They change every so often, but it never sticks.

Storm also has iconic hairstyles: either a big, flowing, cloud-like mane, or a lightning bolt mohawk. Other styles don't tend to work for her.

In short: all of those Cockrum characters in their original designs are iconic, anything else-- not.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 07-08-2020 at 02:17 PM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Psylocke's (Betsy's) iconic suit is her ninja bimbo suit with the bands. Her not-iconic suit is her purple armor and hood. And now, Captain Britain. There was also something she briefly wore right when she joined the X-Men (ribbons for sleeves?).

Dazzler has two fairly iconic suits: disco silver with or without skates and her blue X-Men suit. Everything else (like 8 or so different suits now) is not-iconic.

Aurora's most iconic is probably still the black & white. That gold & white one isn't very iconic.

Nightcrawler's classic suit with the flared shoulders is really iconic. He's changed it a few times, but it never looks right. Even though I liked his change in the 90s, with the buzzcut and goatee.

Emma Frost is most iconic in leather lingerie. All of her remotely normal attire is un-iconic.

Sunfire's "rising sun" suit is really iconic. The AOA style suit is second. Anything else isn't.

Rogue went through several different outfits in the 80s, but two have become pretty iconic: green hood with white strips & green and gold with or without jacket.

Other X-Men have iconic accessories, like Storm's tiara, Havok's headpiece, Gambit's trenchcoat (no one cares what else he wears, but the coat is a must), Magik has the headdress thingy that's recently become pretty iconic. They change every so often, but it never sticks.

Storm also has iconic hairstyles: either a big, flowing, cloud-like mane, or a lightning bolt mohawk. Other styles don't tend to work for her.

In short: all of those Cockrum characters in their original designs are iconic, anything else-- not.
    I’d call the outfits you cited classic, not iconic as to what I was asking, as those outfits have been changed dozens of times and no one's really cared enough to start a riot.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    God what an awful suit!
    He looks like an exotic dancer.
    Most supers in costumes look like strippers, FWIW.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Most supers in costumes look like strippers, FWIW.
    ^^^Granted!

But he REALLY makes me want to dip into the petty cash drink watered down scotch and eat reheated chicken wings in a dark room w. techno music blasting my eardrums from multiple directions in the middle of the week....

^^^Granted!

But he REALLY makes me want to dip into the petty cash drink watered down scotch and eat reheated chicken wings in a dark room w. techno music blasting my eardrums from multiple directions in the middle of the week....
    Oh my ...

That was oddly specific.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I’d call the outfits you cited classic, not iconic as to what I was asking, as those outfits have been changed dozens of times and no one's really cared enough to start a riot.
    With Magik if anything is close to iconic with her it's the hime cut for her hair. They changed it once and fans on the boards were not happy. I've seen character deaths that got people less angry.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Tugger View Post
    I wouldn't say any of his (Cosmic Boy of the Legion of Superheroes) costumes were iconic (despite being mostly pink) but this costume has to rate amongst the worst, both of the Legion or anywhere else.

How does that evens stay up?

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Oh my ...

That was oddly specific.
    ^^^I uh, well...moving on!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    With Magik if anything is close to iconic with her it's the hime cut for her hair. They changed it once and fans on the boards were not happy. I've seen character deaths that got people less angry.
    ^^^wow really? I never heard about that, ty!

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    ^^^oh that’s a dirty joke just waiting to happen...!

Ultimate Member

God what an awful suit!
    He looks like an exotic dancer.
    Hawkeye says hold my beer...

Ultimate Member

Double sided tape?

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Hawkeye says hold my beer...

Yeah, even sixish year old me knew that one was a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    My choice would be...

Wonder Man

Out of all those costumes, my Top 2 favorites are the original (1964) & the George Perez re-designed ionic-form (1998).

Many won't agree, but I always considered both as iconic.
    I loved Simon's original Green costume and the Black/Red version very similar to it (4th from left). These are my 2 favorites and the ones I consider iconic.

Boisterously Confused

Aquaman's original look is probably the most iconic. Partially thanks to The Superfriends, it's the one the widest array of people are familiar with, and it's the one that illustrators continually return to.

Image.jpg

All of the deviations from it have been less iconic, but least iconic among them is hard to determine. I'm torn between his short-lived late 1980s suit...

images.jpg

...and this piece of sterotypical 1990sness...

Image.jpg

I can kind of get the blue outfit, as it's intended to be marine camouflage, so it makes a bit of sense. Still, the colors are so far away from his original, it's hard to accept and easy to see why it didn't stick. The extreme Aquaman look...well, if you don't have anything nice to say...

How did Aquaman look in the 1940"s? I don't think I ever saw the Earth-2 Aquaman.

Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_Boy

Cosmic Boy: ...
    Abilities: Magnetism manipulation

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    How did Aquaman look in the 1940"s? I don't think I ever saw the Earth-2 Aquaman.
    The yellow gloves (and fins) and more pronounced (not stylized) "A"?

Last edited by Güicho; 07-09-2020 at 08:13 AM.