Mighty Member

Default Tims Generation (the weakest one) Damians Generation (one of the strongest)?

Hello,
    did someone else notice that Tims Generation has often the weakest member of the Super-Hero Families, while Damians Generation have often one of the strongest?

I mean:

ARROW:
    JL: Green Arrow and Black Canary are two important and respected JL members, Black Canary is one of the best fighters in DC Universe and GA one of the best archers
    TITANS: Arsenal has more skills than GA
    TIMS GENERATION: Mia Dearden only had some years or months training, Arrowette didnt want to be a Superhero
    DAMIANS GENERATION: Emiko is maybe the best archer in DC Universe and has also other crazy skills

AQUA-FAMILY:
    JL: Mera and Aquaman
    TITANS: Tempest is very powerful, Tula and Dolphin
    TIMS GENERATION: Lorena (only basic powers) and in future some kind of telepathy
    DAMIANS GENERATION: Aqualad (who has more powers than Lorena)

FLASH-FAMILY:
    JL: Barry and Wally and Bart
    TITANS: Wally
    TIMS GENERATION: Bart
    DAMIANS GENERATION: Wallace

Difficult, but Wally is often mentioned as fastest Flash, even if Bart was called fastest Flash as he was Flash
    BUT!!! Wallace is mentioned to learn faster than Wally and Bart
    https://www.cbr.com/teen-titans-vs-east-better-line-up/ here its mentioned that Wallace may be the fastest Kid Flash and learns faster than Wally and Bart

SUPER-FAMILY:
    JL: Superman
    TITANS:---------------------(probably Kara)
    TIMS GENERATION: Conner
    DAMIANS GENERATION: Jonathan

Difficult but, they said that Jon might be the most powerful Kryptonian and Kara as full blood Kryptonian is considered to be maybe even more powerful than Clark

This is something what I always disliked....
    Tims Generation often got the weakest member of the family, while Damians Generation got a HUGE push with characters like Emiko,Wallace,Jonathan,Aqualad...who are among the most powerful members of their families.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Hello,
    did someone else notice that Tims Generation has often the weakest member of the Super-Hero Families, while Damians Generation have often one of the strongest?

I mean:

ARROW:
    JL: Green Arrow and Black Canary are two important and respected JL members, Black Canary is one of the best fighters in DC Universe and GA one of the best archers
    TITANS: Arsenal has more skills than GA
    TIMS GENERATION: Mia Dearden only had some years or months training, Arrowette didnt want to be a Superhero
    DAMIANS GENERATION: Emiko is maybe the best archer in DC Universe and has also other crazy skills

AQUA-FAMILY:
    JL: Mera and Aquaman
    TITANS: Tempest is very powerful, Tula and Dolphin
    TIMS GENERATION: Lorena (only basic powers) and in future some kind of telepathy
    DAMIANS GENERATION: Aqualad (who has more powers than Lorena)

FLASH-FAMILY:
    JL: Barry and Wally and Bart
    TITANS: Wally
    TIMS GENERATION: Bart
    DAMIANS GENERATION: Wallace

Difficult, but Wally is often mentioned as fastest Flash, even if Bart was called fastest Flash as he was Flash
    BUT!!! Wallace is mentioned to learn faster than Wally and Bart
    https://www.cbr.com/teen-titans-vs-east-better-line-up/ here its mentioned that Wallace may be the fastest Kid Flash and learns faster than Wally and Bart

SUPER-FAMILY:
    JL: Superman
    TITANS:---------------------(probably Kara)
    TIMS GENERATION: Conner
    DAMIANS GENERATION: Jonathan

Difficult but, they said that Jon might be the most powerful Kryptonian and Kara as full blood Kryptonian is considered to be maybe even more powerful than Clark

This is something what I always disliked....
    Tims Generation often got the weakest member of the family, while Damians Generation got a HUGE push with characters like Emiko,Wallace,Jonathan,Aqualad...who are among the most powerful members of their families.
    I'll give you Aqualad and Jon, but Emiko and Wallace aren't that powerful. Wallace is hyped as having potential, but he hasn't gotten any major feats to prove it. I would probably say that Dick or Tim's generation is the strongest.

Extraordinary Member

I would count Connor Hawke with Tim’s generation. He’s better at martial arts than Ollie.

Also Cassandra Cain and Spoiler.

And you’re forgetting Cassie Sandsmark who has no one in the Damian generation to step up to her role.

Tim’s generation also successfully expanded other Superhero’s to have a member that have yet to have a Damian generation: Bombshell, Miss Martian, Zachary Zatara, Stargirl, Cyclone, etc.

And that’s not counting the members of Tim’s generation who took up prime superhero roles like Jason/Firestorm, Jaime/Blue Beetle, etc.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 07-06-2020 at 07:59 AM.

Tim's the weakest? Uh, there is a gen just before his; Jason's. Its such a sparse one, that it is weakest.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Tim's the weakest? Uh, there is a gen just before his; Jason's. Its such a sparse one, that it is weakest.
    The only other kid in Jason’s generation I know of is Kid Devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I would count Connor Hawke with Tim’s generation. He’s better at martial arts than Ollie.

And you’re forgetting Cassie Sandsmark who has no one in the Damian generation to step up to her role.

Tim’s generation also successfully expanded other Superhero’s to have a member that have yet to have a Damian generation: Bombshell, Miss Martian, Zachary Zatara, Stargirl, Cyclone, etc.

And that’s not counting the members of Tim’s generation who took up prime superhero roles like Jason/Firestorm, Jaime/Blue Beetle, etc.
    Yeah, that's why the Trinity in DCeased is Jon, Damian and Cassie - Cassie was never replaced, unlike Conner and Tim.

The various Crises have moved Kara's origin along - she's still a teenager as a result, and thus is part of Tim's generation and not Dick's. They really should have her aged up (bonus, it would match the TV show), since she absolutely should be Dick's generation's Super.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-06-2020 at 09:35 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, that's why the Trinity in DCeased is Jon, Damian and Cassie - Cassie was never replaced, unlike Conner and Tim.

The various Crises have moved Kara's origin along - she's still a teenager as a result, and thus is part of Tim's generation and not Dick's. They really should have her aged up (bonus, it would match the TV show), since she absolutely should be Dick's generation's Super.
    Agreed. Though this has helped Powergirl be more separate than her because of the increased age difference. Powergirl is essentially the age Supergirl is on the show.

But back to the crisis moving the origins, its the same with Billy Batson, Mary and Freddy. Now we can Pedro. But correct me if I’m wrong, would Darla and Eugene be closer to Damian’s age range?
    Last edited by Will Evans; 07-06-2020 at 09:41 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I'll give you Aqualad and Jon, but Emiko and Wallace aren't that powerful. Wallace is hyped as having potential, but he hasn't gotten any major feats to prove it. I would probably say that Dick or Tim's generation is the strongest.
    Like I said Wallace is DIFFICULT...

In Green Arrow Vol 6 14 Oliver HIMSELF says that Emiko is BETTER than he is (she is a better archer than he is).
    This would make her the best archer in DC.

But ANYWAY, what I mean is that if you compare the generations (ARROW FAMILY for example)
    JL: Black Canary, Green Arrow
    TITANS: Arsenal
    Tims Generation: Arrowette, Mia Dearden
    Damians Generation: Emiko Queen

then you see its like an U (Black Canary,Green Arrow,Arsenal are on the same level-Arrowette and Mia Dearden NOT on their level, Emiko is at a similar level like Black Canary, Green Arrow and Arsenal)

AQUA-FAMILY similar:
    its also like an U: Mera,Aquaman,Tempest on a similar level, Lorena CLEARLY behind them and then Jackson again is at a similar level like Tempest or so.

I would count Connor Hawke with TimÂ’s generation. HeÂ’s better at martial arts than Ollie.

And youÂ’re forgetting Cassie Sandsmark who has no one in the Damian generation to step up to her role.

TimÂ’s generation also successfully expanded other SuperheroÂ’s to have a member that have yet to have a Damian generation: Bombshell, Miss Martian, Zachary Zatara, Stargirl, Cyclone, etc.

And thatÂ’s not counting the members of TimÂ’s generation who took up prime superhero roles like Jason/Firestorm, Jaime/Blue Beetle, etc.
    With Cassandra Sandsmark its basically the same:
    Diana and Donna are on a similar level and Cassandra being the weakest from the three
    AGAIN also in this Family we see JL and Titans member of the family on a similar level with Tims Generation member as the weakest one.
    AND!! as far as I understood NUBIA (NUBIA the real one) and she seems to be young (probably Damians Generation or so.

Bombshell,Miss Martian,Zachary Zatara,Stargirl,Cyclone,Spoiler,Cassandra Cain doesnt count, because they dont have a counterpart in other generations.

Bat-Family,Flash-Family,Aqua-Family,Super-Family (if you count Supergirl as Titans member Dicks Generation),Arrow-Family have members in all 4 generations

And if you want you could say:
    JL: Zatanna
    Titans: Raven
    Tims Generation: Zachary, Traci13
    Damians Generation: Djinn

And even here Zachary would be the weakest one....

Mighty Member

Isnt Kid Devil TIMS Generation?

What about Kyle Rayner? He is Jasons Generation or? Or if not what about Simon,Jessica,John?
    Rose Wilson could also be in Jasons Generation-she was Lian Harpers nanny during Nightwings Titans which would make her OLDER than Tims Generation...

Extraordinary Member

What about Kyle Rayner? He is Jasons Generation or? Or if not what about Simon,Jessica,John?
    Rose Wilson could also be in Jasons Generation-she was Lian Harpers nanny during Nightwings Titans which would make her OLDER than Tims Generation...
    Kid Devil became Blue Devil’s sidekick in 1984/85.

Rose came later in 1992. Where she was 14, so closer to Tim’s age.

For Deathstroke’s kids it seemed:
    Dick’s generation: Grant Wilson
    Jason’s generation: Jericho
    Tim’s generation: Rose
    Last edited by Will Evans; 07-06-2020 at 10:19 AM.

Astonishing Member

Kid Devil IS in Tim's generation, his character was around since the early 80s, but he's more associated with Tim's crew because of his time on that team. Ravager is Tim's generation as well, for the same reason.

Kyle has been on two Titans teams, both times replacing Nightwing. Simon and Jessica went straight into the Justice League but are probably only slightly younger - all three are meant to be in their 20s and would qualify as Dick's generation. Hal, John and Guy are all in Bruce's generation, the Teen Lantern in Young Justice, while on a team with Tim, is young enough (only 11) and was introduced recently enough (less than two years ago) that she could count as Damian's generation.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Bombshell,Miss Martian,Zachary Zatara,Stargirl,Cyclone,Spoiler,Cassandra Cain doesnt count, because they dont have a counterpart in other generations.
    They do, at least in the JL generation. Captain Atom, Martian Manhunter, Zatanna, Starman. Spoiler and Cassandra Cain have a counterpart in Dick's generation despite her never being a Teen Titan - Barbara Gordon. Cyclone is the only one I can't match up, simply because I don't know who that is. Any connection to Red Tornado?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They do, at least in the JL generation. Captain Atom, Martian Manhunter, Zatanna, Starman. Spoiler and Cassandra Cain have a counterpart in Dick's generation despite her never being a Teen Titan - Barbara Gordon. Cyclone is the only one I can't match up, simply because I don't know who that is. Any connection to Red Tornado?
    Yes. She’s the orginal female Red tornado’s (JSA generation) granddaughter.

Her counterpart in the JUstice League is the android Red Tornado.

Exactly. And maybe a few others, simply based on their age (like Danny Chase, but he was quite unpopular for a number of reasons).