Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Bart also never learned to speed steal as far as I know. Jay, Wally, Wallace and Savitar have shown knowledge of it.
    stealing speed is pretty common for contemporary speedsters, Godspeed and Barry also know how to speed steal; stealing speed was a major plot point for Godspeed's introductory arc.

as for Wallace being faster or more talented than Bart and Wally at his age or when they were in the Kid Flash role, I don't think DC's ever done anything with Wallace that would indicate that. As a character, Wallace has made great strides and has become pretty fun to read, but as a speedster, they've never done anything all that impressive with him. In fact I'd even go so far as to say, despite DC nodding to him having "potential", Wallace has consistently been portrayed as being on the lowest tier for any of the prominent speedsters and could actually use some legitimately impressive feats to actually demonstrate what this "potential" of hs is.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I'm yet to read anything that shows Wallace is anywhere near the same league as either Bart or Wally.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I'm yet to read anything that shows Wallace is anywhere near the same league as either Bart or Wally.
    I always attributed that as them stepping lightly given how much they pissed off Wally fans in the New 52, but when both were active during Rebirth, Wallace really should have been allowed to come into his own; it was the perfect time to let everyone have their moments.

Wally's in an awful spot right now so maybe we're back there, but I still say Wallace needs love. My pitch for Flash is honestly just having them work together, Barry getting Central and the Wallies getting Keystone.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    stealing speed is pretty common for contemporary speedsters, Godspeed and Barry also know how to speed steal; stealing speed was a major plot point for Godspeed's introductory arc.

as for Wallace being faster or more talented than Bart and Wally at his age or when they were in the Kid Flash role, I don't think DC's ever done anything with Wallace that would indicate that. As a character, Wallace has made great strides and has become pretty fun to read, but as a speedster, they've never done anything all that impressive with him. In fact I'd even go so far as to say, despite DC nodding to him having "potential", Wallace has consistently been portrayed as being on the lowest tier for any of the prominent speedsters and could actually use some legitimately impressive feats to actually demonstrate what this "potential" of hs is.
    Godspeed and Barry can't steal speed. Godspeed was essentially leeching a mutual connection all the speedsters shared from the storm. They can't do what Wally, Jay, Wallace and Savitar do where they can rob speed from anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    My pitch for Flash is honestly just having them work together, Barry getting Central and the Wallies getting Keystone.
    I would be happy with that. In fact I've said the exact same thing before! Barry in Central, Wally in Keystone, and seeing as how Walter has an affinity for motor vehicles Keystone is a better fit for him.
    It would be interesting to see if Wally had matured enough to be a mentor to Wallace. He knew he couldn't teach Bart back in the day, it would be interesting to me to see that explored as he taught his kids for a short time pre Flashpoint.

Astonishing Member

I don't think, in the pipe dream world where Wally does have a book, that having Wallace feature in it prominently is a good idea. Wallace was created to be Barry's sidekick in a variety of ways and it'd be messy in plenty of other ways. Wally's cast was already big enough and he already has 3 proteges to deal with.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Wally's in an awful spot right now so maybe we're back there, but I still say Wallace needs love. My pitch for Flash is honestly just having them work together, Barry getting Central and the Wallies getting Keystone.
    Nah, I think that Barry/Wallace and the now classic Wally/Bart should be the way to go. I mean, they're all family and just a bridge away anyway, and can get together on sundays for barbecue, but think about it: remember when the first Flash-Rebirth was coming out and EVS was complaining that all those characters shared names and Dan Didio said it was all too confusing and everyone ceased existing?

Well, now I wanna see a world where Bartholomew Henry Allen has a sidekick named Wallace Rudolph West and, just across the bridge, Wallace Rudolph West has a sidekick named Bartholomew Henry Allen. And "Iris West" is both the the oldest and youngest woman in the family.

EMBRACE THE MESS!!!, I say, and let them run fast and be happy.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Nah, I think that Barry/Wallace and the now classic Wally/Bart should be the way to go. I mean, they're all family and just a bridge away anyway, and can get together on sundays for barbecue, but think about it: remember when the first Flash-Rebirth was coming out and EVS was complaining that all those characters shared names and Dan Didio said it was all too confusing and everyone ceased existing?

Well, now I wanna see a world where Bartholomew Henry Allen has a sidekick named Wallace Rudolph West and, just across the bridge, Wallace Rudolph West has a sidekick named Bartholomew Henry Allen. And "Iris West" is both the the oldest and youngest woman in the family.

EMBRACE THE MESS!!!, I say, and let them run fast and be happy.
    Love it!

Wallace can only be compared to NTT Wally. Bart is much much faster (he singlehandedly swooped Godspeed on his own) and Silver Age Wally was on par with Barry, recent comics confirming he even beat Barry on a race at some points.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I don't think, in the pipe dream world where Wally does have a book, that having Wallace feature in it prominently is a good idea. Wallace was created to be Barry's sidekick in a variety of ways and it'd be messy in plenty of other ways. Wally's cast was already big enough and he already has 3 proteges to deal with.
    Maybe for like a guest appearance or a one-off Allen/West family adventure...

Astonishing Member

The real question here is what happened to Charlotte and Ira West. The true lost members of the Flash family.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Wallace can only be compared to NTT Wally. Bart is much much faster (he singlehandedly swooped Godspeed on his own) and Silver Age Wally was on par with Barry, recent comics confirming he even beat Barry on a race at some points.
    In the last issue of Young Justice, Bart seems to be just a little faster than Superboy.

So, I guess that's another retcon of Bendis.

Astonishing Member

That's always the weird dichotomy. Depending on the writer they'll make whatever token Superman character "almost as fast" as their speedster counterpart. Until the inevitable moment the speedster needs to look cool then they're way faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    In the last issue of Young Justice, Bart seems to be just a little faster than Superboy.

So, I guess that's another retcon of Bendis.
    Nobody gives a **** about what Bendis says.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Didn't jon beat wallace in a race as well?