Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Is Wallace faster and more talented than Wally and Bart were as Kid Flash?

Hello,
    I read this:
    https://www.cbr.com/teen-titans-vs-east-better-line-up/

Its stated that Wallace might be the fastest Kid Flash ever and he learned the how to use the powers faster than Bart and Wally.

I mean I think its genuinely hard to argue who is the fastest of the Flashs/Kid Flash, as they are generally pretty evenly matched and no one has really quantified outside of random tier list who is officially faster. Not to mention we are only looking at their kid flash attributes, Wally now as Flash is no doubt faster then he was when he was Kid Flash and likely faster then Wallace now. The only thing I'm sure of is that generally the side members of the Flash family such as Max, Jay, and Jesse are slower then that of Wally, Barry, and Wallace. I would probably also say that if Wallace was indeed faster at a younger age that it would be because he got his powers and abilities from the version of himself from the future which may have played into things. So I would say Wallace has potential to be great.

However, I would argue in favor of Bart. I mean in Young Justice he is currently fast enough that he was traveling dimensions which is something Wallace has never done. Not to mention I would also say there is an argument for Bart being naturally faster as Barry's descendant.
    Last edited by sifighter; 07-06-2020 at 07:47 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I don't think he's faster then Bart so I think it's a fairer comparison to OG!Wally as Kid Flash...and I dunno, aside from Wallace having his own abilities they seem pretty even.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think he's faster then Bart so I think it's a fairer comparison to OG!Wally as Kid Flash...and I dunno, aside from Wallace having his own abilities they seem pretty even.
    I think it depends on what we're basing it on.

During Flash War, we had the flashback of Wally beating Barry back while he was still Kid Flash. I don't think Bart/Wallace would be put on that level. But if we're simply talking about Wally from back in the day, then it's a lot more difficult to say because they're all seemingly pretty close.

Astonishing Member

Wallace is hyped as having lots of potential, but he hasn't gotten any major feats to back up the hype.

Astonishing Member

Depends. Wally was just as fast as Barry when he was kid Flash in the comics, and it's since been referenced that when they raced back then that Wally beat Barry. But Wally eventually became slower with the NTT. So Wallace would be faster than the latter iteration of Wally but significantly slower than the former.

He is definitely not faster than Bart. Bart whooped Godspeed who Williamson placed directly ahead of Wallace.

Wallace did immediately learn speed stealing, suit making and throwing lightning (ugh) so he apparently has a knack for easily recreating everyone's powers.

Yeah, initially when Wally became the Flash, he was slower than he had been as Kid Flash - due to the cure for a disease he had that had forced him to retire.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

It makes imo in general no sense to compare the power levels of different characters based on comics from different eras.

The type of Stories and the powerlevels of the heroes and villains are just vastly different, and in newer Characters usually get the "new powers" that the olders got over time faster, since these powers are not really new anymore.
    Last edited by Aahz; 07-06-2020 at 11:03 AM.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

He may be on par with Og Wally as KF.

He can't touch Bart, however.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    I think it depends on what we're basing it on.

During Flash War, we had the flashback of Wally beating Barry back while he was still Kid Flash. I don't think Bart/Wallace would be put on that level. But if we're simply talking about Wally from back in the day, then it's a lot more difficult to say because they're all seemingly pretty close.
    Bart had a artificial knee during his time as Kid Flash and Flash, BUT (I dont find it anymore) if I remember correctly he was already at a young age faster than light.
    So I think IMPULSE Bart Allen could have been MUCH faster than KID FLASH Wally West.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    It makes imo in general to compare the power levels of different characters based on comics from different eras.

The type of Stories and the powerlevels of the heroes and villains are just vastly different, and in newer Characters usually get the "new powers" that the olders got over time faster, since these powers are not really new anymore.
    ok...
    I read the article (IN THE LINK) and I know that Bart Allen learned very late to steal speed...
    The first time it was the ToT Version of Bart who stole the speed of the KID FLASH Bart.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Depends. Wally was just as fast as Barry when he was kid Flash in the comics, and it's since been referenced that when they raced back then that Wally beat Barry. But Wally eventually became slower with the NTT. So Wallace would be faster than the latter iteration of Wally but significantly slower than the former.

He is definitely not faster than Bart. Bart whooped Godspeed who Williamson placed directly ahead of Wallace.

Wallace did immediately learn speed stealing, suit making and throwing lightning (ugh) so he apparently has a knack for easily recreating everyone's powers.
    When did Bart encountered Godspeed?

He didn't - Williamson has mainly been using Barry, Wallace, and Avery, he did use Wally as well, until Heroes In Crisis. Bart emerged from the Speed Force in Flash #50 but Bendis put a stop to any plans. Barry and the others never acknowledged it other than Impulse now being showcased at the Flash Museum, and when Bart next appeared, it was in Young Justice #1, when he reunited the team after looking for people at his old home (nobody was there - both Jay Garrick and Max Mercury were still trapped in the Speed Force at the time) and Titans Tower (long since abandoned, as that building didn't exist in that location in New 52). Until the upcoming Finish Line story, Bart's not been involved in Williamson's storylines.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Bart beat up godspeed at the end of the flash war arc. Godspeed was told to run away because he couldn't handle Bart. Bart then ran off to Young Justice.

Astonishing Member

Bart also never learned to speed steal as far as I know. Jay, Wally, Wallace and Savitar have shown knowledge of it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Bart beat up godspeed at the end of the flash war arc. Godspeed was told to run away because he couldn't handle Bart. Bart then ran off to Young Justice.
    If I remember right, that was in the second annual which also dealt with Barry telling Iris about Wally's "death" in Heroes in Crisis.

Astonishing Member

Yes it was an annual